Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Old Testaments, New Revelations

• Start Topic

In the wake of Jen's indictment, the ladies attempt to get to the bottom of the rumors about Mary. Meredith questions her chance encounter with Cameron, while Heather and Whitney accuse Lisa of masterminding the meeting. And back in Salt Lake City, Jen receives some hard facts.

Airdate: 11/21/2021

From the preview, I know any attorney who lets Jen film their meeting is certainly the one I'd want defending me from a federal indictment. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

So after Vegas some of the ladies were getting threatening anonymous texts? We’re they really from Jen? 
Oh no Heather and Jennie, don’t go to the dark side! I’m becoming a fan of Lisa and Meredith now. They aren’t believing the BS with Jen. 

• Love 10

It doesn't surprise me at all that Heather is standing by Jen for now. It seems to be her personality - Heather has repeatedly forgiven Jen for significant personal offenses and always expressed a desire to be Jen's #1 bff. She's not going to abandon her immediately. I'll be more judgmental of her the longer she holds on as the proof piles up.

• Love 12

I’m amazed Jen’s nose didn’t grow 8 sizes telling that lie. Jenn it was your husband that called. Stop this bullshit 

1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

You can see Jen’s nose growing as she’s talking. 

I just said the same thing lol 

I want meat! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I never found Jen attractive even before the ugliness of her fraud.  She is like a living caricature.  I can barely stand her saying how generous she was, how hard she worked, blah, blah, blah.  Generous with other peoples money.  I find her disgusting. I hope she gets what’s coming to her.

• Love 21

Heather’s giving Jen all these graces seems to be rooted in the fact they she came from what, at least to her, was a judgmental religion. She’s trying to redefine herself and in an nice but highly misguided effort, she affords Jen all sorts of graces and benefit of the doubt, which Jen shah-probably going to prison, doesn’t deserve or even merit as a “friend”

• Love 24

It was mighty humble of Jen to admit on national tv her one flaw (IF she has one) 😄

Here's something different that I appreciate from Meredith:  announcing that she is done with Jen.  Rather than blathering about how she "loves her" but it's going to "take some time" to "move forward".

Whitney is still meanwhile trying to convince us that she "loves" Mary.  Give it up girl.  And as much as I hate Mary, at least she's not running around telling people that she "loves" them when she obviously loves nothing but her hideous stuff.

• Love 16

I like Heather, but I definitely see shades of old judgmental religious Heather from time to time. She may be secular now, but there's still sanctimony in the repeated declarations that she will ALWAYS be the person who stands by the person who is down, etc. etc. There's a tacit criticism of those who walk away. I don't think it's conscious - just a secular continuation of "I'm going the be the bestest" mindset she was raised with.

I do think she's smart enough that perhaps her "support" will be limited to "I'm not going to badmouth someone I cared for, whatever my private thoughts on the matter." As opposed to actually propping them up and advocating for them. 

Whitney is a puzzle. There's definitely a serious person there struggling to come to the surface. Maybe she just is so unsophisticated she thought all the acting up as a vixen stuff was endearing and would separate her from the other more "mature" moms? I wonder about her attachment to Mary (though it appears to have finally evaporated here). It might be tied up in her hopes for her Dad's sobriety and how she felt welcome in Mary's church at the time. I actually like her husband and the vibe they have (despite some of the cringe stuff).  They appear to actually like and enjoy one another, unlike so many other RH couples.

Mary seems super preoccupied since Jen's arrest. Now why on earth could that be? 

Edited by kassa
  • Useful 8
  • Love 8

Mary is awful and weird and looney.  She’s so concerned about germs but how clean is that ratty wig she’s wearing?  I really hope everything comes out about her church. 

Meredith looked great on WWHL.  I don’t understand her stance on Mary.  She sounds like Heather with Jen. 

• Love 17
42 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

There is nothing there to like.

She is very odd.

She wanted Whitney to cook her an egg and then walks away, she returns to get the egg and then heads for the microwave to cook the germs out of it because she did not see Whit wash her hands, it is not like Whitney handled the egg after it was cooked. Whitney had already made her eggs before Mary walked in to the room so how does Mary know if she washed her hands?  I hope Mary never sees the kitchen in full swing at her favorite restaurant!  

Mary does not look healthy physically and mentally seems a bit dodgy too. 

I would be very uncomfortable in a room with Mary, her vibe is really bad and her thought process is completely strange and mostly un warranted.

Do we think Ol' Wig Wearing Mary is on some sort of prescribed medication?

Something  is up with her.  I've never seen such a strange acting person.  And the whole egg thing - WTF.

27 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Mary is awful and weird and looney.  She’s so concerned about germs but how clean is that ratty wig she’s wearing?  I really hope everything comes out about her church. 

Meredith looked great on WWHL.  I don’t understand her stance on Mary.  She sounds like Heather with Jen. 

She did look really good on WWHL!  I don't understand anyone who would be on Mary's side about anything, freak show that she is.

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

I don’t understand her stance on Mary.

I think the SLC housewives (and production) are taking a page from the RHoBH Erika Jane playbook. The BH housewives' bizarre defense of EJ drove angry viewers to watch and to social media.

The SLC cosmetic surgeries and heavy makeup are unflattering and distracting. Meredith's breastplate, Whitney's perpetually surprised eyebrows, Lisa's caked-on makeup and Heather's badly-applied lashes...I could actually see the outline of Heather's cheek implants during one scene last night.  Heather has completely distorted her face.

Mary kept her hand on the left side of her face. Was she hiding the dark area near her mouth that appears to be a scar? Why didn't she wear better makeup and wig? I think she is heavily medicated and struggles to complete the most basic of tasks. I suspect a major mental disorder.

Somebody give Lisa a map.

Jen's performance was lackluster and unconvincing. I'm curious as to when that scene was taped, and whether she has the same attorney.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 12
56 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I would be very uncomfortable in a room with Mary, her vibe is really bad and her thought process is completely strange and mostly un warranted.

The clip of Mary doing a little happy dance after telling Whitney's daughter about a parishioner's ghastly death is one of the most bizarre things I've ever witnessed on any franchise. 

• Love 17

I've never been a Meredith fan, but I found her straightforwardness about Jen really refreshing. She lost me again with her dismissiveness toward religious trauma. I'm a practicing Christian, but I can't (and shouldn't) turn away from the harm that many religious organizations and cults have perpetuated. Not good, Meredith. Yes, Lisa needs to stop dropping Hints of Doom, but the ladies still need to stop enabling Mary.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, princelina said:

Whitney is still meanwhile trying to convince us that she "loves" Mary.  Give it up girl.  And as much as I hate Mary, at least she's not running around telling people that she "loves" them when she obviously loves nothing but her hideous stuff.

And herself! Mary clearly loves nothing more than she loves herself. Her weirdass, twitchy, super-intense, germaphobe, cult-leading, grandpa-marrying, terrifying self.

• Love 20

Bravo can do a very special stand alone episode.  You know those "who wore it best" things?  How about "who is the biggest victim?"  Get all the Housewives who have had "troubles" and let them try to out-victim one another other.  My money would be on Jen S and Erika G being the top finalists.  

Then follow it by "who is the oddest Housewife?" Any doubt that Mary would have the distinct advantage on that one?  The main thing is she's not just odd, she's simply not nice!  From what we've seen that covers her treatment of parishioners, service employees, "friends", and family.  She obviously was chosen for this franchise because of the freak show aspect of being married to her grandfather and a preacher but they got the bonus of her weird behaviors.  Otherwise, she's really not the kind of team player found on most franchises.  

Heather is trying too hard to be a "great girl".  It's probably going to stab her in the back eventually.  Meredith and Whitney are showing themselves to be more savvy within the greater context while Lisa is still obviously here to hawk her wares and project a super woman image.  

How can Meredith and Lisa be adept on skis and so pitiful on skates?  That was surprising. I know the sports are different but they do both involve balance on slippery substances.   Kudos to the production person responsible for making them look silly by putting them in those ridiculous skating outfits though. 

I appreciate an episode heavy on scenery, restaurants, shopping, and staged activities rather than focus on offspring and husbands.

• Love 11

Not sure that I want to spend the rest of the season in the Jen Shah pity party.  She’s so full of shit and undeserving of any of their friendship.  She’s been toxic, rude and awful to all of them and they don’t owe her a thing.  

Heather is in danger of getting used by Jen.  She will take her good wishes and turn it around.  She needs to harden her heart a little and be very very wary. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Kerrey92 said:

Not sure that I want to spend the rest of the season in the Jen Shah pity party.  She’s so full of shit and undeserving of any of their friendship.  She’s been toxic, rude and awful to all of them and they don’t owe her a thing.  

Heather is in danger of getting used by Jen.  She will take her good wishes and turn it around.  She needs to harden her heart a little and be very very wary. 

Per Fox Entertainment:  On Instagram, Shah thanked her followers for their support. "Y’all see who these ladies really are," she wrote. "They have zero compassion for me and my family. It takes an evil person to take delight in what we’re going through. I’m [100%] innocent and I hope the ladies each learn a valuable lesson from this & stop judging others."

With her, it has to be "accept Jen, no matter what she does to whom, at all times, kiss her butt and adore her" or she sees you as the enemy.  Heather is treading in dangerous territory staying loyal to Jen.  It will bring her nothing but heartache in the end (and along the way)

• Love 14
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Mary kept her hand on the left side of her face. Was she hiding the dark area near her mouth that appears to be a scar? Why didn't she wear better makeup and wig? I think she is heavily medicated and struggles to complete the most basic of tasks. I suspect a major mental disorder.

^^^^This.

Mary has some deep-seated trauma and or a really bad addiction to something. Her disordered thinking, gaunt appearance, fast talking, and lack of attention to her appearance all scream that there is a bigger problem. As a charlatan minister, she is performing poorly at best and its not lost upon me that she's not showing up at church which is literally where her bread is buttered. 

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

As a charlatan minister, she is performing poorly at best and its not lost upon me that she's not showing up at church which is literally where her bread is buttered. 

She also has a mortgage company, wouldn't there be more butter there?

This episode is the first time I can recall someone bringing up a connection between her parishioners and the mortgage company.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

98%?!?!? I knew it was high but didn't realize how high.  That bitch is going down. 

What bothers me the most about Mary is that as a church leader she doesn't seem to possess a scintilla of Christian charity or even really basic secular kindness or politeness.  I mean WTF?!?! I don't see any Christian virtues in her AT. ALL. All I see is weirdness, awkwardness, social ineptitude, conspicuous consumption and label whoring fashion victim. 

The conviction rate is not quite 98% but it is well over 90%.

Also keep in mind that I believe that over 90% of their cases eventually plead.

Aside from being incredibly skilled at what they do, they generally handle white collar/financial types of crimes. The evidence is generally an incredible amount of paperwork which is irrefutable. It is equivalent to having DNA, fingerprints and for all intents and purposes a signed confession. The government investigation has followed all the paper trails. The odds are so against being acquitted that it makes no sense to risk an almost certain higher sentence if one actually goes to trial. 

I don't know what Heather's motivations are but as I recall she was on WWHL last week and even now is supporting Jen Shah. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

There is nothing there to like.

She is very odd.

She wanted Whitney to cook her an egg and then walks away, she returns to get the egg and then heads for the microwave to cook the germs out of it because she did not see Whit wash her hands, it is not like Whitney handled the egg after it was cooked. Whitney had already made her eggs before Mary walked in to the room so how does Mary know if she washed her hands?  I hope Mary never sees the kitchen in full swing at her favorite restaurant!  

Mary does not look healthy physically and mentally seems a bit dodgy too. 

Do we think Ol' Wig Wearing Mary is on some sort of prescribed medication?

All of this. I was with Whitney, I would be terrified to cook anything for her as well. 

Her vibe is really off. I don't think she belongs on a HW show because she really doesn't seem to want to be around these women. I don't think she likes any of them. Plus, part of being on HW is doing dinners and events and yeah, she shows up (for the most part) but she acts like a complete buzzkill the whole time. I personally don't think she wants to be around anyone, that includes her husband. I think she just wants to go shopping and wander around her closet. Also, Whitney may have had a few drinks but she wasn't drunk and was able to have a clear conversation with Mary. For her to act like Whiney was completely wasted and wouldn't remember what was said was ridiculous. She's not funny or charming or even kind. There is nothing redeemable about her and I really hope she is next after Jenn.

Speaking of Jenn, here comes the "I'm a good person, I'm so giving, none of this was my fault!" She is completely full of it and I hope that any time her and Meredith interact in the future, Meredith keeps bringing up all the elderly people that were scammed. 

• Love 22
29 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

This episode is the first time I can recall someone bringing up a connection between her parishioners and the mortgage company.

Church butter is tax exempt. It's why so many preachers have Gulfstreams. 

Preachers and sneakers

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

How. DA. FAQ. is this allowed? This bish already has a tax hiding haven aka church, she has a mortgage company? She better be thanking Jesus that Jen got caught. 

And I enjoy watching Mary because she is legit cray cray but knowing this type of trash makes it harder to enjoy this twat. Can never have nice things. NEVER. 

Meredith is a beautiful woman but the way she talks makes her sound drunk or drugged up all the time. Whats up with that? Heather needs to drop Jen- that girl ain't no one's amigo Lady. No one. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Oh definitely the mortgages, but it sounds like she was giving them mortgages, then expecting them to tithe back a portion through the church (let the choir say AMEN!!!). If that was indeed the plan, she should be showing her face at church to collect those "blessings".

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I wonder if the mortgage company has anything to do with Cameron’s refinance?

• Useful 5
  • Love 1