Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
paigow

S01.E02: Storm Of Fuck

Recommended Posts

When a simple missing person case turns into a crime scene, Dexter’s cabin becomes home base for the search and rescue. Terrible timing for Dexter, who is trying to reunite with his long lost son, Harrison. As Angela and Harrison become acquainted, Dexter struggles to keep his old and new worlds separate.

Air Date: Nov 14, 2021

Edited by paigow
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Harrison will have to kill the entire wrestling team... Dexter will move to Washington D.C. and disguise himself as Jim Jordan

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

There are oil tycoons in rural upper state NY?

Ghost Deb screaming at him in the truck was very annoying.  Guess Dexter has still has some rage in him, even if Jim Findlay is mild mannered on the surface?  Dexter/Jim was marking off days on the calendar in which he didn’t kill — has to start a new streak but there will be more interruptions.

so the local PD is pretty well equipped.  When they crash the drone, they can borrow a helicopter.

but they’re searching for someone and they don’t have blood hounds?  Or they can’t smell in cold weather or something?  Maybe they could borrow a canine unit from a nearby PD or sheriffs dept?

because obviously dogs would find the blood stains and the amputated body parts right under the “base camp.”

Clancy Brown as the prick’s daddy is going to be a problem.

but looks like there’s a serial murder or kidnapper of young women in town so that will take the heat off Dexter, though he will have to find and kill him.

ok who was it that gave the young woman extra money?  And how many hotels can there be in that little town?  But the rooms have obvious cameras in them and they lock people inside?  You would think a series of missing girls would attract a lot of attention, enough for them to call in state police and FBI.  So if the perp is a local, it’s a matter of time to catch him.

but you’re in a small town and money is tight but you get out of the shower of the hotel room and there’s a bottle of champagne and some treats of some kind.  Someone’s been in her hotel room while she was in the shower.  She doesn’t ask questions, just chugs out of the bottle.  Doubt that dinky hotel had some very generous turn down service which included booze.  At most you get a small piece of chocolate and that’s just on the first night.

 

dexter covered his tracks quickly enough but a missing local is going to get the whole town looking because the daddy doesn’t buy that he will run away.  Indians are salty that when young Indian women go missing they don’t get nearly the same attention.  Yet the missing girls just rate a few posters?

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Angela gave her the money. Caldwell owns the truck stop - it might have a motel attached with a honeymoon / murder suite.

Edited by paigow
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Psycho, screaming Deb was annoying and so over the top. Ugh. Obnoxious Audrey and her obnoxious friends were lame. 😣

There’s something shady about Harrison. There’s more to his drug use history and his ability to open a locked door with a pocket knife. Did Hannah really died of cancer or did Harrison kill her? He spent some times in Miami, so he must have heard something about Dexter Morgan. Did a bowling photo really lead him to Jim Lindsay?

If Iron Lake PD use help from a canine unit for this search (instead of a drone and a helicopter), they will find Matt under Dexter’s fire pit in less than a day.  Dexter thinks his gf is such a good police. 🙄

Who is Iris to Angela? This name was mentioned twice in this episode.

The girl from the bar, how she ended up being trapped in that room? I remember Angela was telling her about a shelter etc, not far from the bar. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

There’s something shady about Harrison. There’s more to his drug use history and his ability to open a locked door with a pocket knife.

If Dex made it to Argentina, Harrison would have been raised by TWO murderers instead of one.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

There’s something shady about Harrison. There’s more to his drug use history and his ability to open a locked door with a pocket knife

Well he was raised by a serial killer. So he's bound to be a little off. Only Dexter would think that he can't raise his son because he's a serial killer so he let his son be raised by another serial killer that has no relation to him. He's lucky that Hannah did raise him until she died. 

Is Angela going to find it weird that Jim left his son with his "step-mom"  since Harrison shared that with her daughter. 

Is Clancy Brown killing the girls or is he Epsteining them and using them as sex slaves. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, paigow said:

If Dex made it to Argentina, Harrison would have been raised by TWO murderers instead of one.

 

28 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Well he was raised by a serial killer. So he's bound to be a little off. Only Dexter would think that he can't raise his son because he's a serial killer so he let his son be raised by another serial killer that has no relation to him. He's lucky that Hannah did raise him until she died. 

Harrison’s dark passenger is either inherited or nurtured. He’s good with animals (hint: animal killings). Maybe he’s good with (poisonous) plants too.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

"Smug Fuck" best line of the episode.

That said, everything seems forced to me. There's no natural flow to the dialog. Just saying.

Edited by preeya
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Is Clancy Brown killing the girls or is he Epsteining them and using them as sex slaves. 

Alternatively, billionaire douchebag might have built a secret basement kill room based on the Saw movies...

Edited by paigow
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

So I guess Harrison doesn’t know he has a half brother and sister? I didn’t hear any mention of them, but I might have missed it while my hubby was asking me questions like, “What happened to Rita?”

Favorite lines of the night:

“Wrestling is an Olympic sport.”

”So is ping pong.”

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I didn’t think Deb could be any more annoying than last week….

Harrison has probably had to use a lot of ingenuity to survive on his own for a few years.  Of course, I don’t believe much of anything I hear.  People lie all the time…we’ll see if Hannah is really dead and why.  He doesn’t appear to be a serial killer….lol.

Bloodhounds would have  made sense. 
 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I will be very surprised if it isn't revealed that Harrison killed Hannah. 

Would killing a deer, even on protected land, really be a big enough offense to make a person immediately go on the run and leave town?  Especially an entitled prick like Caldwell. 

Voice over narration was back!

Angela seemed to take the Harrison revelation awfully well.  I wonder if the fact that the daughter is adopted will come in to play later.    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, preeya said:

"Smug Fuck" best line of the episode.

Yes! That's what I called him in the original show. Other than that I'm not really feeling screaming, violent Ghost Deb. I'd rather she be Detective Deb, using logic to pin Dex down like a bug on a card.

Harrison, abandoned by his father and being raised by a sociopathic killer  - no doubt he's got a few problems of his own.

1 hour ago, preeya said:

That said, everything seems forced to me. There's no natural flow to the dialog. Just saying.

Agree. It's like watching actors rehearsing their lines. The only ones who sounded the least bit natural were the kids but they were annoying.

 

12 hours ago, aghst said:

but they’re searching for someone and they don’t have blood hounds?

Of course they would use dogs, but - plot contrivance. Can't have dogs who would have tracked Dexter right from the crime scene to his front door and sniffed out every drop of blood left when he carried?/dragged? a big heavy dead body all the way back. No one seems to be aware that tracks in the snow don't disappear. Same as when Dexter left the glove by the road and then went back. His tracks are there and clearly showed that he (supposedly Caldwell) went right back into the woods. Fred(?) who came back with the glove didn't see those tracks which left clear impressions of the boot soles? The cops are portrayed as being kind of moronic yokels.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Would killing a deer, even on protected land, really be a big enough offense to make a person immediately go on the run and leave town?  Especially an entitled prick like Caldwell.

Obviously, I have never done this, but I think it could be. Matt broke tribal law so it’s kind of like committing a crime in a foreign country. Considering he is already flagged in the federal database, he would not want to be under more federal scrutiny, which this incident would cause.  So I can understand why the sheriff would think that is was happened. It certainly seems more likely than being killed by the sheriff’s boyfriend and buried under a bonfire.

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Would killing a deer, even on protected land, really be a big enough offense to make a person immediately go on the run and leave town?  Especially an entitled prick like Caldwell.

I can't believe the cops think that. If you have enough money you can literally get away with murdering a human, never mind a deer. I'm sure his Daddy bought his boy out of many a sticky situation - probably including the boat situation -  which is why Dad is so sure he would have called him to bail him out of his latest mess up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Athena5217 said:

Obviously, I have never done this, but I think it could be. Matt broke tribal law so it’s kind of like committing a crime in a foreign country. Considering he is already flagged in the federal database, he would not want to be under more federal scrutiny, which this incident would cause.  So I can understand why the sheriff would think that is was happened. It certainly seems more likely than being killed by the sheriff’s boyfriend and buried under a bonfire.

Right, plus are we certain that Matt ever really got approved to purchase the firearm?  It still showed hold for Dexter….it was his boss who said it came through. Was there any confirmation of that or just the boss saying so?  
 

Still, I think Matt’s dad knows the extent of his son’s deviancy and that nothing would stop the spoiled brat from running to his dad for his defense.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It still showed hold for Dexter….it was his boss who said it came through. Was there any confirmation of that or just the boss saying so?  

Fred has no motive for lying... he would not sacrifice the family business by violating a federal order

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Who is Iris to Angela? This name was mentioned twice in this episode.

Probably a younger sister

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

There’s something shady about Harrison. There’s more to his drug use history and his ability to open a locked door with a pocket knife. Did Hannah really died of cancer or did Harrison kill her? He spent some times in Miami, so he must have heard something about Dexter Morgan. Did a bowling photo really lead him to Jim Lindsay?

Of course Harrison has to be a "shady" character, or at least one with "surprising" qualities. He is his father's son, and as feared, likely has "dark qualities" of his own. There would be no point in bringing Harrison "back" if he were blandly and boringly normal.

But death from pancreatic cancer would be hard to fake given the mountain of medical records that would need to be faked or changed. Harrison doesn't seem stupid and clearly knows his way around some degree of criminal activity.

Edited by ahpny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Deb was so annoying this episode. That laugh she did was bad. I'm glad Hannah is dead as I never liked her lol or her black bra. 

Nice seeing Clancy Brown show up minus a few roles every time he was in something he was the bad guy. The worst was David Brown in a very disturbing true life case.  I'm not sure if he is the one abducting the girls or just a red herring. 

This really does feel like a different show. I wasn't feeling this episode that much. 

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, paigow said:

Probably a younger sister

Audrey’s biological mom?

1 hour ago, ahpny said:

Of course Harrison has to be a "shady" character, or at least one with "surprising" qualities.

Surprising quality - Harrison isn’t socially awkward like Dexter!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

In the scenes where we just see the eye of the person watching the girl in the motel room, I could swear it was Clancy Brown’s.

What was Angela thinking, taking a piece of evidence (the slug removed from the deer) with bare hands and just putting it in her pocket instead of an evidence bag?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

Deb was so annoying this episode. That laugh she did was bad.

There is nothing recognizable about her. May as well have picked some anon to be Dexter's subconscious. At least Ghost Harry, from what we saw in flashbacks, remained consistant to his character. Or is this the way Dex thinks of Deb now, as a shrieking harpy? Killing her character once wasn't enough?

 

16 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

The worst was David Brown in a very disturbing true life case. 

I have never forgotten the 1991 miniseries, "Love, Lies, and Murder". That was the first time I ever saw him (I've been a casual fan ever since) and his amazing portrayal of an evil psychopath was so unbelievable, I then had to read the book.

When Harrison said Hannah is dead I thought, "Oh, good." I had a creeping fear she might resurface too.

I had no idea who the girl in the motel room was until I read it here.

4 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

What was Angela thinking, taking a piece of evidence (the slug removed from the deer) with bare hands and just putting it in her pocket instead of an evidence bag?

What the hell kind of sloppiness is this? That detail left me open-mouthed. Isn't she the chief of police? Am I not remembering that correctly? Wow.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

In the scenes where we just see the eye of the person watching the girl in the motel room, I could swear it was Clancy Brown’s.

What was Angela thinking, taking a piece of evidence (the slug removed from the deer) with bare hands and just putting it in her pocket instead of an evidence bag?

1) I had the same thought about the eye watching the person in the motel.

2) Besides Angela, the guy butchering the deer with bloody hands, retrieved the slug barehanded and gave it to her. This all should have been done in a pristine environment, while wearing gloves.

Edited by preeya
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

In the scenes where we just see the eye of the person watching the girl in the motel room, I could swear it was Clancy Brown’s.

What was Angela thinking, taking a piece of evidence (the slug removed from the deer) with bare hands and just putting it in her pocket instead of an evidence bag?

Agree. That was his eye. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, preeya said:

Besides Angela, the guy butchering the deer with bloody hands, retrieved the slug barehanded and gave it to her. This all should have been done in a pristine environment, while wearing gloves

The butcher was wearing gloves, then he gave the slug to Angela who was not wearing gloves. It shouldn't be that hard to find gloves, I'm  sure everyone has some left from the beginning of the pandemic. 

Maybe Dexter can get away with murder in this small town since the cops are sloppy and inexperienced. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

The butcher was wearing gloves, then he gave the slug to Angela who was not wearing gloves. It shouldn't be that hard to find gloves, I'm  sure everyone has some left from the beginning of the pandemic. 

Maybe Dexter can get away with murder in this small town since the cops are sloppy and inexperienced. 

I stand corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I didn’t think Deb could be any more annoying than last week….

Unpopular opinion - I like Deb. I was really eager for her to appear in the new series and I hope they do more with her going forward. She does seem to have lost her most endearing quality, which was her creative swearing. I hope that comes back but then again, since she only exists in Dexter's mind, maybe her commentary is limited to what Dexter's own subconscious mind can create? So she isn't really Deb but the limited version of Deb that Dexter's mind can create?

Quote

The butcher was wearing gloves, then he gave the slug to Angela who was not wearing gloves. It shouldn't be that hard to find gloves, I'm  sure everyone has some left from the beginning of the pandemic. 

Also no one mentioned that the deputy took the glove from where it was found without photographing it or looking for other evidence in the area.

Quote

But death from pancreatic cancer would be hard to fake given the mountain of medical records that would need to be faked or changed. Harrison doesn't seem stupid and clearly knows his way around some degree of criminal activity.

My hypothesis is that Harrison didn't fake her death from pancreatic cancer but he might be lying about it and thus far, Dexter hasn't checked...

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Unpopular opinion - I like Deb. I was really eager for her to appear in the new series and I hope they do more with her going forward. She does seem to have lost her most endearing quality, which was her creative swearing.

I too love Deb and thought I would enjoy seeing her again. To me her most endearing qualites were her kind heart and real desire for justice, both of which were used, manipulated, and sabotaged  so many times by Dear Dexter. Loved the swearing too, and now she's been stripped of all these things.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I’m rewatching season 1 of the original and I have to say Debra was even more annoying than I remembered (though this current episode’s version of her was off-the-charts irritating). She tended to make things all about her and flip out. Like when Dexter found out his bio dad had been alive for years and Harry lied about it, Debra threw a major fit, like nobody was allowed to be Dexter’s family but herself and the late Harry. I find myself wishing “Rudy” had done her in.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

It has been winter for a while, it seems, right? So, does Dexter have a jackhammer or how did he dig a hole under the fire pit? Because that ground would be frozen solid, quite a ways down.

On 11/15/2021 at 1:07 AM, paigow said:

If Dex made it to Argentina, Harrison would have been raised by TWO murderers instead of one.

Two serial killers, even.

On 11/15/2021 at 5:27 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Of course they would use dogs, but - plot contrivance. Can't have dogs who would have tracked Dexter right from the crime scene to his front door and sniffed out every drop of blood left when he carried?/dragged?

Dogs aren't magic. It's unlikely that they would have found little drops in the snow or dexter's sent after such a long time. They wouldn't even have found the body with a fire above it.

I'm not doing this often, but I think the writers made the right call. It's unlikely that such a small police force would have dogs that are trained to find people. They only have dogs that are trained to make noise when their handler wants reasonable cause to search a car.

On 11/15/2021 at 5:27 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Same as when Dexter left the glove by the road and then went back. His tracks are there and clearly showed that he (supposedly Caldwell) went right back into the woods. Fred(?) who came back with the glove didn't see those tracks which left clear impressions of the boot soles? The cops are portrayed as being kind of moronic yokels.

Yeah, that was dumb and I rolled my eyes. Dexter should have at least walked down the highway for a bit before doubling back. But not, it's tracks out of the woods, no tracks to the highway, tracks back into the woods.

18 hours ago, preeya said:

2) Besides Angela, the guy butchering the deer with bloody hands, retrieved the slug barehanded and gave it to her. This all should have been done in a pristine environment, while wearing gloves.

He had gloves on. She took it with bare hands, which made me wince. Now granted, you are not going to find any DNA or fingerprints on a slug, but still.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:55 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Did Hannah really died of cancer or did Harrison kill her?

I think Harrison being a killer would be really boring, in a way. It would be way more fun if he is just a smart, conniving boy with some criminal knowledge he picked up when he was on the streets.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Zonk said:

Dogs aren't magic. It's unlikely that they would have found little drops in the snow or dexter's sent after such a long time.

I know they aren't magic, but they come close! Bloodhounds have found dead bodies that were underwater and it's possible for them to follow scent trails nearly two weeks old. Whatever they can do, it's better than these cops who can't follow footprints in snow.

4 hours ago, Zonk said:

Now granted, you are not going to find any DNA or fingerprints on a slug, but still.

No, but striations are made on bullets as they leave the gun. If the weapon is found it can be determined if that bullet came from that gun. Taking it and sticking it in your pocket(!) may put another minute mark or scratch on it, rendering it useless as evidence. These cops should watch some crime shows, or even repeats of  "Dexter" and they would know that. 😄

4 hours ago, Zonk said:

I think Harrison being a killer would be really boring, in a way. It would be way more fun if he is just a smart, conniving boy with some criminal knowledge he picked up when he was on the streets.

I like that idea. Most kids don't have such skill in picking locks, so that was interesting.

7 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Like when Dexter found out his bio dad had been alive for years and Harry lied about it, Debra threw a major fit, like nobody was allowed to be Dexter’s family but herself and the late Harry.

Yes! I nearly stopped watching the series in Se01 because of her but she eventually became one of my favorite characters ever.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I like that idea. Most kids don't have such skill in picking locks, so that was interesting.

Technically, the lock was not picked. He dislodged the plate that the lock was attached to with a knife that will inevitably be used in a subsequent murder of douchebag wrestling team members...

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

If they're doing a grid search of a large area, why wouldn't they borrow dogs from another department?

Especially after the father insisted that his son may still be out there, freezing to death.

It's not just about finding a crime scene or suspect.  It becomes a search and rescue thing.

Also dubious that Angela would ask the rich guy for helicopter.  She could ask the county or state for resources since it's a life or death issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The cop working and crashing the drone reminded me of Matsuka.  Just his speech and mannerisms.

I really miss the Dexter 1.0 characters.

Edited by roughing it
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, aghst said:

Also dubious that Angela would ask the rich guy for helicopter. 

Only because Barney Fife destroyed the drone,,, 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

My enthusiasm for this waned a bit this week. While last week I was enjoying the setting and the townsfolk, this week all I could think was, "Damn, this is going to get real old real quick." 

As @SnazzyDaisy mentioned upthread, Angela gave her money and directed her to a shelter so how did she end up in the Bates Motel with champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries???

Who are all of these missing girls? I know the Seneca members mentioned their missing girls and are there others? How big of a town is Iron Lake supposed to be? Seems to me like that would be a bigger priority than some spoiled little rich douche. 

I don't know how I feel about Harrison potentially taking after his father. Obviously I'll wait to see how things play out but right now everything is feeling a bit claustrophobic. Miami Metro presented ample opportunity and victims (not to mention some comedic relief in the form of Masuka) but given how sloppy Dexter was with dude bro, I don't see him being able to stick around Iron Lake for long. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I just remembered. (We are in a) "Storm of Fuck" was what Deb said to Dex in se07 when Laguerta found the blood slide at the church and started digging into the Bay Harbor Butcher again. I thought it sounded familiar.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

My enthusiasm for this waned a bit this week. While last week I was enjoying the setting and the townsfolk, this week all I could think was, "Damn, this is going to get real old real quick." 

As @SnazzyDaisy mentioned upthread, Angela gave her money and directed her to a shelter so how did she end up in the Bates Motel with champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries???

Who are all of these missing girls? I know the Seneca members mentioned their missing girls and are there others? How big of a town is Iron Lake supposed to be? Seems to me like that would be a bigger priority than some spoiled little rich douche. 

I don't know how I feel about Harrison potentially taking after his father. Obviously I'll wait to see how things play out but right now everything is feeling a bit claustrophobic. Miami Metro presented ample opportunity and victims (not to mention some comedic relief in the form of Masuka) but given how sloppy Dexter was with dude bro, I don't see him being able to stick around Iron Lake for long. 

I agree I am not connecting at all with these new characters yet. I miss the Miami Metro crew though they could be annoying lol. It has only been 2 episodes so things can change but so far I don't like anyone in the town yet.  

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

but so far I don't like anyone in the town yet.

Maybe because they all seem like caricatures, exaggerated representations of what a comedy movie might portray as "Howdy, neighbour!" small-town denizens and comically inept, bumbling police?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

I agree I am not connecting at all with these new characters yet. I miss the Miami Metro crew though they could be annoying lol. it has only been 3 episodes so things can change but so far I don't like anyone in the town yet.

Me too, and not only missing the Miami Metro crew but Miami per se' or a reasonable facsimile (warm climate). IMHO the cold and snow detracts from the storyline by adding a dimension we are not used to Dexter dealing with.

ETA:  I'm not a cold weather person IRL.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/16/2021 at 5:35 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Maybe because they all seem like caricatures, exaggerated representations of what a comedy movie might portray as "Howdy, neighbour!" small-town denizens and comically inept, bumbling police?

Yes, lol that's it. 

Speaking of Deb she could be annoying and would flip out very easily but still she had a good heart and she cared. She was a real touchstone for Dexter. Even she feels like a caricature now. True that's not really her but still. 

Edited by ShadowHunter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, paigow said:

Technically, the lock was not picked. He dislodged the plate that the lock was attached to with a knife that will inevitably be used in a subsequent murder of douchebag wrestling team members...

Which makes me wonder—when he first showed up, had he picked a lock at Dexter’s house or is this supposed to be the kind of small town where nobody locks their doors?

Edited by CarpeFelis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I know they aren't magic, but they come close! Bloodhounds have found dead bodies that were underwater and it's possible for them to follow scent trails nearly two weeks old. Whatever they can do, it's better than these cops who can't follow footprints in snow.

Do you have a good source for that? Finding bodies under water, I can buy. The water transports scents up, but scent trails after two weeks? That seems entirely unbelieveable. Those scents should be gone after a few hours, tops.

There was recently a case of a girl who went missing on a hiking tour on the czech- german border. She was eventuelly found alive days afterwards in the Czech Republic. Not by a dog, but by a human, who was part of a search party. Dogs are really overrated when it comes to finding people and most of the mythical powers ascribed to their noses were just coincidences.

12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

No, but striations are made on bullets as they leave the gun. If the weapon is found it can be determined if that bullet came from that gun. Taking it and sticking it in your pocket(!) may put another minute mark or scratch on it, rendering it useless as evidence. These cops should watch some crime shows, or even repeats of  "Dexter" and they would know that. 😄

She put it into an evidence bag.

Edited by Zonk

Share this post


Link to post

Dex saw the lights on, picked up a hatchet and entered via an Unlocked back door. So odds are that the front door was also unlocked...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Zonk said:

Dogs are really overrated when it comes to finding people and most of the mythical powers ascribed to their noses were just coincidences.

Not really and I'm referring to bloodhounds only and their work may be dependant on other factors. like the skill of the trainer and on the individual dog. Some are better than others. I don't know about other tracking breeds.

Quote

So potent is the drive to track, bloodhounds have been known to stick to a trail for more than 130 miles>>>Despite the technological advances of our current age, many experts agree that these canines are a greater asset to a police force than some of the best high-tech surveillance equipment. Their extraordinary ability to discern a cold trail has sent them on fruitful missions, following tracks over 300 hours old.

https://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/underdogs-the-bloodhounds-amazing-sense-of-smell/350/

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/14/2021 at 7:44 PM, Athena5217 said:

So I guess Harrison doesn’t know he has a half brother and sister? I didn’t hear any mention of them, but I might have missed it while my hubby was asking me questions like, “What happened to Rita?”

This is definitely the missing issue that bothers me the most. We know from the original series that Rita's parents would do anything for their grandkids, and his half-siblings loved Harrison to pieces. There would have been no reason for Harrison to go through foster care when he has family who would certainly be easier to track down than his off-the-grid father.

I also think Harrison should have more of an accent after living most of this childhood in a Spanish-speaking country.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size