Type keyword(s) to search

Lawson and Tiffany: Warbling His Way Into Her Heart

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

Had to laugh at Lawson, as usual, explaining that out of the blue a car hit him on the passenger side.  While turning left.  Most of those accidents happen when the driver is turning when they shouldn't be.  Hope he was ticketed.  He probably figured he could turn left on a yellow and got broadsided.  Happens so often in Colorado.  

Didn't he claim he was on a highway, and some guy made a left into his passenger side? I'm still trying to picture that.

• Love 3

Did I really just see a Lawson Instagram post where he’s holding a baby in one arm and swinging around a chain saw in the other?  I watched with the sound off cos I just can’t take his voice, but it appeared everyone else was working while he was goofing around.

11 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Did I really just see a Lawson Instagram post where he’s holding a baby in one arm and swinging around a chain saw in the other?  I watched with the sound off cos I just can’t take his voice, but it appeared everyone else was working while he was goofing around.

You did see that. (It wasn’t on, there were other tools being used at the time that you could hear, but it wasn’t the chainsaw he was holding) Does he actually DO anything besides posing?

Screenshot from the video:

ABF5A481-CB6D-4C42-9EA4-5C971E53A480.jpeg

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

You did see that. (It wasn’t on, there were other tools being used at the time that you could hear, but it wasn’t the chainsaw he was holding) Does he actually DO anything besides posing?

Screenshot from the video:

ABF5A481-CB6D-4C42-9EA4-5C971E53A480.jpeg

Glad to hear the chainsaw was off, but still, he’s a tool. Does his family just accept this is how he is and works around him? Run Tiffy Run!

• Love 7

He is such a poser.  Never does any work because he wouldn't want to risk breaking a nail. 🙄

I'm surprised his brothers don't tell him to piss off and fix his own house.  And the baby?  He should not be allowed within 10 feet of anyone under 5.  Makes you wonder about his so called "medical training" (which we all know was just a glorified first aid course).

• Love 7

Yeah, it's amazing how Lawson manages to stay so pristine doing all this physical labor. No sweat, no dust, not a hair out of place. He must be saving all his energy in preparation for whatever off-key tune he'll be singing at the wedding. 

• LOL 11
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

He must be saving all his energy in preparation for whatever off-key tune he'll be singing at the wedding. 

And don't forget his wedding night.

Sorry, I forgot it's Lawson, there will be no work from him.  Poor Tiffany.  

• LOL 8

Tiff's doubts continue. You'd think she'd be super happy bc Sunday = church. Yet she's posting being just not that enthused about whatever service they went to, saying they need a home church, it makes her miss HER church. Same video they're talking about earthquakes vs. tornados and she goes on how she'd take earthquakes any day. I think reality is REALLY setting in.

Yet way to go Law. I mean why didn't they go try out Evan's family's church? Evan and Carlin are there this weekend so they could easily introduce her to their family and friends so she starts feeling more at home?? And she mentioned date night last night was him going to the gym and her going to watch. Uh it's Saturday night, can you really not take her out on the town? No one said you're going to hit up a bar, we know you don't have a crew of friends to go out with, but really you don't think she'd like if both of you got dressed up and went out to a nice restaurant downtown? I wonder if part of the "adjustment" here is that dates in Ca. were casual [i.e. free] where they'd go to the beach all afternoon and he'd spring for tacos or in-and-out on the way home. Yet here while I'm sure there are some free activities to do, they aren't as obvious as the beach so he hasn't found them.

As for him carrying Jadon in one arm and chainsaw in the other flexing about how he's building muscle for the wedding, IDK what possessed Whit to stand their laughing taking video instead of taking her baby?? And yeah IDK how or why his brothers deal with him except that they accepted a long time ago that this is who he is -- like why does he even show up at job sites whether his own house or Z's -- he isn't going to lift a finger or get one hair out of place but he also won't SHUT UP and just let others work, he has to have his non stop opinion in there. Though he said he showed up at Z's house to convince Chad/Trace/Warden to go back to Nashville for HIS house - so yeah guess there was something in it for him . . . .

• Love 5

I do wonder if Lawson feels entitled because of all the years that Gil, Kelly, and the older kids depended on the "Bank of Lawson" for groceries, tuition, etc.  Since he helped to support his siblings back then, he feels they owe him now?  

I kind of get the same vibe from Alyssa- she was a sister mom for years so now she gets payback.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

I don't know the layout of Nashville and its' suburbs, but I agree it's a bit odd Carlin hasn't linked Lawson and Tiffany up with Evan's family. They seem like friendly people and it would be a starting point to establish some local ties. When Tiff said she missed her church that's a pretty good indication she didn't like the one they just attended. I know that sort of thing can be trial-and-error, but I think the culture shock is starting to hit her. 

• Love 2

Lawson posted an updated house reno on YouTube. I won't bother linking it because it's the same old shit: Lawson preening for the camera. I do think he reads here and on Reddit because he made sure to film himself doing actual work. 

I'm not sure when the footage was recorded, but it looks like there's still a long way to go. The master bath is mostly done, but the kitchen's not even close to being finished. Unless Lawson and Tiff live on takeout, I don't think the house is livable. The boys could feasibly complete everything while Lawson is on his honeymoon, but it makes me feel a bit bad for Tiffany. It doesn't seem like she's had much involvement at all. I fear this will be another Katie situation where she's moving into a ready-made house, but the space doesn't feel like it's really hers. 

I also wasn't a fan of the tile they did in the master bath. The mix of large squares and pennies was too busy for my taste. 

• Love 3

I thought the brick looked just fine as it was but of course they had to paint it white.  Meanwhile the windows look like absolute crap and those funky looking wrought iron posts by the front door scream 1940’s.  
The whole renovation seems poorly thought out and very disorganized.  

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I thought the brick looked just fine as it was but of course they had to paint it white.  Meanwhile the windows look like absolute crap and those funky looking wrought iron posts by the front door scream 1940’s.  
The whole renovation seems poorly thought out and very disorganized.  

It feels very slapdash, I agree. Of course if Lawson spent more time working and less time making surfer-dude signs and flipping his hair for the cameras, they might be further along. 

3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Tiff did recently post about bedroom decor. So I guess that's something. 

I'm happy to read that. She might not really care about the nuts and bolts, and be more into the furnishings and finishing touches. I just worry for Tiffany. She seems like a nice girl and I don't think she fully comprehends the level of egomania she's marrying. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11
(edited)

Lawson and Trace jeans, wow.  Good luck having kids when wearing jeans so tight.

Watching them paint the house made me want to scream.  What horrible workmanship, if that's what you want to call it. 

Does Lydia have nothing better to do but sit there watching them work?  Boring.  

Put a shirt on, Warden.  

Was KJ/Lydia so busy they couldn't go pick up food instead of Door Dash?  Must be nice to have disposable money.

Poor Tiffany.

Edited by So unbelievable
  • Love 7
(edited)

So I rarely watch the Bates' kids videos bc they are like watching paint dry + I really don't want to be contributing to their YT earnings, but I watched the last 2 min of their current video. They are at the SD City Hall to get a marriage license and at one point they joke - hey we'll just get married right now, why not. Of course they didn't - walked out with just the license which has blank lines to be filled out by the officiant, witness etc. on the wedding day.

I realize it's just an errand to a courthouse so how fun can it be, but something seems off about both of them now, not just Tiff. They both seem subdued in the car afterwards once they had the license. Even Law who is always annoyingly over the top excited for dumb things - for example OMG this convenience store has Reeses cups w/ potato chips - wasn't. It felt the same when he was posting an IG video from Nashville airport yesterday and then again with the license - the smile just doesn't seem to be reaching the eyes, so to speak. I have a feeling both are having doubts as the enormity of this beyond - OMG a wedding to celebrate ME - is hitting.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3

Lawson's latest YouTube offering. Gag me with a spoon:

https://youtu.be/zW5Pn3r6n7k

Brief summary:

Lawson and Tiffany spend five minutes talking about this place that has the best tacos in San Diego, and then don't show the restaurant or the food. Lawson must be taking production advice from Alyssa 🙄

Tiffany talks about her bridesmaids gifts. Each one is individual, which I love, but one girl is getting a candle while Tiff's mom is getting something from Tiffany's. I get that Tiffany (the person, not the jewelry store) wants to do something special for her, but that's a pretty big price discrepancy. Personally, I would give everyone something in the same range and give my mother the expensive gift in private. 

Lawson lost his wedding tie and shoes, so Tiff is running around like a chicken with her head cut off to help him find new ones. 

Tiffany hates surprises, so naturally Lawson is giving her a surprise honeymoon. Big red flag, girlfriend. He takes her to a (presumably) ethnic restaurant that reveals their destination, but they don't tell the audience. Did I mention how much I hate clickbaiters? Tiffany seemed excited, so yay. 

Let's see, they buy flowers for mother's day, Kelly and Tiff have a dance contest and that was it. 

I will say, the comments weren't a love fest, which surprised me. 

• Love 5

Does anyone remember when they announced the wedding date?  Was it before or after the show was cancelled? I feel like they were expecting UP to pick up some of the expenses, or at least pay for the whole family to be there.

2 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Does anyone remember when they announced the wedding date?  Was it before or after the show was cancelled? I feel like they were expecting UP to pick up some of the expenses, or at least pay for the whole family to be there.

I believe it was January 18th, the same day the cancellation was announced.

• Useful 4
15 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I believe it was January 18th, the same day the cancellation was announced.

So…..UP really just didn’t want to film Lawson getting married? Just kidding but we really haven’t heard anything about what really caused the sudden cancellation.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Damn, Lawson is a hot mess. He managed to lose the tie of his suit and I think the shoes. How exactly does that happen? He isn’t posting because his iPhone got soaked and is possibly done. I like Tiffany but WTF asks for prayers for a cell phone?

I understand how stressful a wedding can be, but don’t understand why Tiffany was trying on dresses for the rehearsal dinner at 1:00 am. She also mentioned that the whole family is in town so up to past midnight she’s been going to hotels and bringing them things. I understand visiting, but she can do that during the rehearsal dinner. And what exactly she needed to bring them. Tiffany is one stressed out and exhausted bride. Meanwhile Lawson doesn’t have a care in the world. This marriage is going to quickly age Tiffany.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SMama said:

Damn, Lawson is a hot mess. He managed to lose the tie of his suit and I think the shoes. How exactly does that happen? He isn’t posting because his iPhone got soaked and is possibly done. I like Tiffany but WTF asks for prayers for a cell phone?

Subconsciously not wanting to marry?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I hope Tiffany comes to her senses before the ceremony.

Slim to no chance of that happening.  If she hasn't dumped his prima donna ass by now, she isn't going to.  

I'm a night owl, but who the hell goes around that late at night to give out "gifts"?  Hell, they should be giving her the world for shackling herself to Lawson....FOREVER.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 5/10/2022 at 2:24 PM, BitterApple said:

Lawson's latest YouTube offering. Gag me with a spoon:

https://youtu.be/zW5Pn3r6n7k

Brief summary:

Lawson and Tiffany spend five minutes talking about this place that has the best tacos in San Diego, and then don't show the restaurant or the food. Lawson must be taking production advice from Alyssa 🙄

Tiffany talks about her bridesmaids gifts. Each one is individual, which I love, but one girl is getting a candle while Tiff's mom is getting something from Tiffany's. I get that Tiffany (the person, not the jewelry store) wants to do something special for her, but that's a pretty big price discrepancy. Personally, I would give everyone something in the same range and give my mother the expensive gift in private. 

I agree. She should have given her mother that one in private.

Tiffany hates surprises, so naturally Lawson is giving her a surprise honeymoon. Big red flag, girlfriend. He takes her to a (presumably) ethnic restaurant that reveals their destination, but they don't tell the audience. Did I mention how much I hate clickbaiters? Tiffany seemed excited, so yay. 

Of course he did. I really wish Tiffany would call of the wedding. 

I will say, the comments weren't a love fest, which surprised me. 

That's really surprising.

• Love 2

In the post rehearsal dinner pics, Tiff looks better. Maybe it's just bc it's a still photo but in the videos in the days prior she looked exhausted and over it as Law lost his tie/shoes/broke his phone and she was running place to place. She may have now put that behind her and forgotten about the fool she's marrying + the amount of work this marriage will be on her for the moment and gotten into the - I've dreamed of being a bride my whole life - mode for the 24 hrs of rehearsal/wedding. Law OTOH looks TERRIFIED. Look at the eyes - he's smiling big but the smile and the eyes show a groom who is about to leave the bride at the altar [he never would]. I think reality is fully setting in that he doesn't really WANT to get married to her or anyone and just rushed into this bc to be fundie and nearly 30 with no girlfriends, people start to whisper. I mean Nathan isn't my favorite yet when he was getting married, you saw excitement and almost a "relaxed" - this is it, this is going to be my life, I can't wait - look. Law has the - where is the getaway car - look.

• Love 7

I do think he never really wanted to get married, but was feeling the pressure.  He did find someone who basically will support him- I think they will be relying on the rental income from her CA properties to support themselves.  Lawson can continue to pursue his music career dreams. It doesn't hurt that Tiffany is familiar with the entertainment business.  So if he HAS to get married, he certainly picked the right candidate, though I doubt it is a love match on his part.

• Love 3
(edited)

Far be it for me to feel bad for this moron but in a way . . . I do feel bad. I mean he's clearly getting married because he'll be 30 this year and a good looking 30 yr old male in that cult with no wife/babies has got to be getting side eye about why that is - like why is he so uninterested in sex and making babies?? Which means he was likely getting not so subtle pressure from G&K for the last few years. Many/most fundie men marrying barely knowing the woman (Bobby; Ben Seewald and many others) and yet even they are excited to get married because SEX. Law doesn't even really seem for that. Nor do I think he's dying to be a dad. I do think he loves kids and he'll love their kids - and they'll have their first by their first anniversary, but I have no sense that he is like a Bobby who just really really wanted to marry to settle down and be a dad.

I agree if you MUST marry feeling this way Tiff isn't a bad choice. But while he isn't a reflective person, I do believe he has some sense now of how the other half [i.e. Tiff/her family] lives in all the time he has spent in SD, how nice beach life is etc. but also how expensive it is and how you need some real $$$ to be able to live it - and realizing they will never be able to afford that life, even a modest version of it.

But then he's a 29 year old man. Can't feel that bad for him either because if he was dead set on not wanting to marry, he could have moved on and built himself a life. Not saying he had to pick up and move to Cali or NYC or anything, but even just in Nashville. Develop your own life by going to school/trade school and getting yourself a career, pay your own way, stop living in daddy's house, and visit once in a while but don't make it your pastime to be toting nieces and nephews around and earning cash by mowing Michael's lawn as if you're a pre-teen, and you'll have less pressure/more an ability to live how you want bc you'll be be out of sight/out of mind more.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Does anyone know what time the wedding is? I'm thinking 2; I think I saw it somewhere, but not 100% positive. I guess we can check Lawson's YouTube. I totally expect this to be livestreamed.

Whitney said in her story that they don’t have to be at the yacht until 3:00. They went to watch gliders in the beach, and were going to have their first taste of In-N-Out. 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

Whitney said in her story that they don’t have to be at the yacht until 3:00. They went to watch gliders in the beach, and were going to have their first taste of In-N-Out. 

Okay, must be a 4:00 ceremony. She can bring the kids already dressed. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, cereality said:

But then he's a 29 year old man. Can't feel that bad for him either because if he was dead set on not wanting to marry, he could have moved on and built himself a life. Not saying he had to pick up and move to Cali or NYC or anything, but even just in Nashville. Develop your own life by going to school/trade school and getting yourself a career, pay your own way, stop living in daddy's house, and visit once in a while but don't make it your pastime to be toting nieces and nephews around and earning cash by mowing Michael's lawn as if you're a pre-teen, and you'll have less pressure/more an ability to live how you want bc you'll be be out of sight/out of mind more.

From my observations, in the real world, guys who just want to be free and have fun like Lawson start to marry when they see 40 approaching.  They get FOMO around then.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

From my observations, in the real world, guys who just want to be free and have fun like Lawson start to marry when they see 40 approaching.  They get FOMO around then.

That's my uncle to a "t." Hardcore bachelor, finally married at 42. I think it was a good thing, because he probably wouldn't have made a good husband in his 20s and 30s. As it stands now, he seems quite content in middle age. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Maybe he’s not into girls but knows in his circles, he has no other option. I have no basis for that at all other than statistically speaking, having 19 straight kids probably wouldn’t be the case.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Eureka said:

Maybe he’s not into girls but knows in his circles, he has no other option. I have no basis for that at all other than statistically speaking, having 19 straight kids probably wouldn’t be the case.

To be honest I have always had that feeling about him.  

• Love 5

Bobby was at the wedding, he played the wedding march according to People (unless they misidentified the player). I thought Erin was designated piano banger for all Bates weddings. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Am I a snob for saying the "yacht" looks cheesy and outdated? I've been to several boat weddings and believe me there are way more upscale options than the one Lawson and Tiffany chose. Maybe my expectations were too high because they hyped it up so much, but when I saw the pictures, I thought, "meh."

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 4
(edited)
44 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Am I a snob for saying the "yacht" looks cheesy and outdated? I've been to several boat weddings and believe me there are way more upscale options than the one Lawson and Tiffany chose. Maybe my expectations were too high because they hyped it up so much, but when I saw the pictures, I thought, "meh."

It's a bay cruise vessel.  I've been on a few and no that company is not fancy.  I've never used the term yacht for those vessels.  

"...an altar that included a 9-foot wooden cross made by the groom's brothers..." 

I saw no altar just the homemade cross with a bouquet of flowers.

I don't like the dress and really she could have gotten dozens of better dresses without leaving southern California.  

The People description of sophisticated v neck had to come from the family.  It was laughably plain.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 6

I think People touched up the photos because his suit looked like crap before the ceremony.

Her dress apparently had pearls down the train.  It was nice enough I guess, a little too plain for my taste.  She certainly has the figure to pull off the look though.

• Love 4