Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Reunion

• Start Topic

The reunion show went about like I had expected. Lexi refused to show up, and that’s a good thing. Mat did show up and had the gall to say some very pointed things to Sandy, who showed excellent restraint….especially since she should have booted him from the boat after his multiple meltdowns on charter this season. I felt so sorry for Courtney who said her father is now in a home and no longer recognizes her. It’s a very tough thing to experience, and she certainly has the incentive to want to escape the pain a bit through alcohol, but darn, she got wasted so quickly on the reunion show. I’m very concerned for her that she may have a serious alcohol problem. I hope I am wrong and she just needs to get through this unfortunate turn of events with her Dad.

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, aqusdealer said:

The reunion show went about like I had expected. Lexi refused to show up, and that’s a good thing. Mat did show up and had the gall to say some very pointed things to Sandy, who showed excellent restraint….especially since she should have booted him from the boat after his multiple meltdowns on charter this season. I felt so sorry for Courtney who said her father is now in a home and no longer recognizes her. It’s a very tough thing to experience, and she certainly has the incentive to want to escape the pain a bit through alcohol, but darn, she got wasted so quickly on the reunion show. I’m very concerned for her that she may have a serious alcohol problem. I hope I am wrong and she just needs to get through this unfortunate turn of events with her Dad.

My grandma had that as well, yeah very sad & scary thing to go through.  And from what I remember it's not just them loosing their memory their entire personality changes.  

I've seen the previews for the reunion and everybody does look nice.  Lloyd looks very handsome now that he's let his hair grow out a bit and started grooming his facial hair a bit more.  Mzi looks like he's added some muscle mass to him--like he's been working out 😄

Just from the brief previews it did look like Coco was tanked 😒 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Is this on Peacock or Bravo?

Both

On Peacock premium which is subscription based and on Bravo now if you belong to Insider (which I think is free.) It will air normally next Monday Oct 25 I think. Doesn’t all this stuff get confusing? I wish the networks would just go back to airing an episode once for EVERYONE and that would be that. 🤣

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Love 3

You are right about this being confusing. I thought that the show that I watched last week was the final episode and the reunion would be tonight. But then I remembered that I watched episode 17 on Peacock and it will air tonight on Bravo.  Do not understand why Bravo is doing this either. Way too confusing for me.

• Love 1

The Bravo online episode guide says it is airing today so I think it will air on Bravo tonight which is why I didn't include the Peacock spoiler warning.  For most of the season, the airdate on their site has been the day it is on Bravo not on Peacock.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, 65mickey said:

You are right about this being confusing. I thought that the show that I watched last week was the final episode and the reunion would be tonight. But then I remembered that I watched episode 17 on Peacock and it will air tonight on Bravo.  Do not understand why Bravo is doing this either. Way too confusing for me.

7 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Both

On Peacock premium which is subscription based and on Bravo now if you belong to Insider (which I think is free.) It will air normally next Monday Oct 25 I think. Doesn’t all this stuff get confusing? I wish the networks would just go back to airing an episode once for EVERYONE and that would be that. 🤣

Is Peacock free or the Bravo app free? I still have cable, but am very close to getting rid of it. I have Paramount Plus already for CBS shows and Hulu. How much is the Peacock + or the Bravo pay premium site? Does Peacock have all NBC Universal channels like USA and whatever else that they own? I hope that it is ok to ask this here. Thanks in advance! 

I have Xfinity and Peacock is included.  Tonight's reunion was on regular Bravo and aired right after the season finale.

Only thing I agreed with Mat was that Sandy is a phony.  Did y'all hear his cameo dig too against Sandy when it was brought up what she said about Malia on cameo?  

Why didn't they have a stew in quarantine along with the chef and deck too?  Why have only two of the three in quarantine?

Poor Courtney, I hope her friends and family are there for her.

Nice to see everyone (except Mat and Sandy).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Luckylondon said:

Is Peacock free or the Bravo app free?

Don't know much about Bravo, but if you already subscribe to some of the cable companies (Xfinity in my case) you can sign in to Peacock Premium (with Xfinity password and login info) at no charge. That's how I have been watching the BDM episodes a week early.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

They underplayed the whole Lexi thing though I guess they didn’t want to say much since she wasn’t there.  But looked like Andy wanted to move on.

makes Sandy look bad that she kept her so long, not to mention saying she’s a good person even as she let Lexi go.

Malia said they have Lexi a good edit because it was much worse and production had to intervene.

So yeah the producers wanted her around and it didn’t matter whether Sandy knew how bad it was.  She was going to stay for the time being because production decided it wasn’t bad enough.

As for Katie not wanting to keep on Delaney, she was sure she made the right decision and Malia backed her.  So the talking heads during the season of them saying they could have used Delaney on those last couple of charters was all fake.  They probably prompted Katie to repeatedly say “did I make a mistake?” in those talking heads did not represent how she felt.

She thought Delaney was a mistake and Delaney claims she was misled about what she’d be doing on the show.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

It is really sad what Courtney is going through, but it is disappointing that she overdid her drinking yet again and on the reunion.  She is a positive and caring person, so that is going to take her places.  I wish her luck.

Seeing someone you love just disappear while their body is still there has to be a nightmare. I think Courtney said she wasn't recognized anymore; that has to be devastating.  I didn't like that editing kept showing her drinking wine and slowly fading. She is such a sweet person and had Katie's back through the season, and I hate to see her suffering.

• Love 16

As far as Split goes if I had to take a guess, based on what I've seen from the show--not too much happened.  I would guess they probably slept most of the time!  They're a great group of people but all of the women have expressed that they have no sexual attraction to any of the guys and this group of guys seem to be so sweet that I can't imagine anything scandalous happening.   Maybe slept, partied a bit, and just hung out.  

• Like 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Don't know much about Bravo, but if you already subscribe to some of the cable companies (Xfinity in my case) you can sign in to Peacock Premium (with Xfinity password and login info) at no charge. That's how I have been watching the BDM episodes a week early.

Thank you! 

Regarding the show, it was an ok reunion. It is not as good over zoom, however it is understandable why they can’t all be together in the club house as per usual. The slight interpersonal tensions in response to some answers can get lost over Zoom that I would have liked to see when seated together. Like when Mat made side swipes at Sandy or when Andy asked about tension between Malia and Sandy. I felt like they all had a “keep a neutral smiling face” mantra running through their head. Also, I would like to know what happened when they went to Split that they all alluded to but didn’t want to speak about. Sounded like a lot of drunken affection without clothing. Overall, it was a fine reunion but a bit boring, similar to the season. Stuff happened but no one really wants to talk about it and insists everything is all fine and completely professional.

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Mat is having a Twitter rant over the reunion.  He is upset about his edit, both on the season (lots of food was edited out making him look like he didn't do desserts, appetizers, etc) and at the reunion (he gave reasons why he blasted Sandy).  It is an interesting read, especially if you like puzzles, because he went on and on and everything is out of order.  

• Useful 4
11 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

it is disappointing that she overdid her drinking yet again and on the reunion.

She kept floofing her hair and lowering her neckline. I think in her inebriated state, if she could have she would have flashed the camera.

Did she and Kate get a two-for-one on lip injections? And Sandy had Botox eye.

Somebody saw somebody else nekkid in Split - I'm thinking drunken skinny dipping, not an orgy.

Good to know that production intervened with Lexi; but it wasn't enough.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Mat is having a Twitter rant over the reunion.  He is upset about his edit, both on the season (lots of food was edited out making him look like he didn't do desserts, appetizers, etc) and at the reunion (he gave reasons why he blasted Sandy).  It is an interesting read, especially if you like puzzles, because he went on and on and everything is out of order.  

You mean these?  Yeah its difficult to keep up with what he's saying 

Screenshot_20211019-131412_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20211019-131442_Twitter.jpg

• Useful 3
On 10/18/2021 at 1:20 PM, Dirtybubble said:

My grandma had that as well, yeah very sad & scary thing to go through.  And from what I remember it's not just them loosing their memory their entire personality changes.  

Going through that with my dad. My once mild mannered, sweet dad has become a very mean man. Poor Courtney. 

Got tired of Mat the Brat whining. And I can't believe Sandy was that clueless about psycho Lexi. If it's worse that it's portrayed... holy cripes!

Couldn't Delaney at least been an extra set of hands to help? How hard is it to iron, do laundry, and make beds? I do that and I'm not a trained stew. And she would be able to help serve at dinner. She did Lexi's job anyway.

Edited by Atlanta
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

As far as Split goes if I had to take a guess, based on what I've seen from the show--not too much happened.  I would guess they probably slept most of the time!  They're a great group of people but all of the women have expressed that they have no sexual attraction to any of the guys and this group of guys seem to be so sweet that I can't imagine anything scandalous happening.   Maybe slept, partied a bit, and just hung out.  

Drunken makeouts, including maybe a single-sex one or two.  Some drunken groping only barely remembered. 

Either that or production set up the OMG THE SECRETS OF SPLIT, which is an easy thing to keep the story straight on if there IS no story.

Ugh.  Mat, stop.  There's only so much editing in the world.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Either that or production set up the OMG THE SECRETS OF SPLIT, which is an easy thing to keep the story straight on if there IS no story.

WORD!  Maybe this is just one last gasp of air attempt to keep us talking about B.D. Med.  Which seems odd since the season is over....

• Love 1

This group had no sexual chemistry. The only thing I can buy is a skinny dip in Split, and Malia is with Jake the engineer. They were probably so exhausted after doing short-staffed cruises and only wanted to sleep and relax.

• Love 7

Whatever tiny feelings of liking I ever had towards Mat evaporated tonight. What a needy, whiny, immature crybaby. There is no inner strength there at all. Look at him wrong and he’ll cry all day. Don’t endlessly slobber all over him about how wonderful he is and he spins out. Plus, it’s Mat’s fault that Delaney didn’t come on board. He threw a classic Mat tantrum about having to change rooms (oh, the horror!), and Katie caved because she couldn’t handle his drama. Katie’s fatal flaw is she wants to please everyone, but when you’re the boss, you can’t always do that. 

I liked everyone this season except Mat and Lexi. Lexi is just straight up mentally ill. I both loathe her and feel sorry for her. She’s not ever going to be normal, and because of that she is never going to have a happy life. I don’t think she even knows what normal people act like. I’m just glad this profoundly troubled, worthless excuse for a human being is off of my TV.

Everyone else was mostly likable, except maybe Captain Sandy, who ultimately came off as clueless and unprofessional with her yelling at an employee. She needs to work on keeping her cool a little bit more. 

I liked this season; it was refreshing actually having a cast that I mostly liked.

Edited by Blindfox
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Couldn't Delaney at least been an extra set of hands to help? How hard is it to iron, do laundry, and make beds? I do that and I'm not a trained stew. And she would be able to help serve at dinner. She did Lexi's job anyway.

As soon as Delaney stepped off the boat & out of the quarantine bubble, there was no way to bring her back.

Curious as to the 3rd backup, or was that the sous/crew chef from the production boat that came aboard as "help" when Matt was MIA?

Edited by snarts
  • Useful 3

I'm so sick of these problematic shit stirring troublemakers getting away with not showing up at reunions to get their comeuppance after having made every other crew member's life absolute hell during the time that these loser pieces of shit were still working as part of the crew.  I'm talking about you, Lexi, you effing ugly queen (you are NO "beauty" queen you effing hag).

Why isn't their appearances at the reunions part of their contract requirements, and if they don't show up they do not get paid for their appearance during the entire Below Deck season.

I firmly believe that every single one of these crew members this season had the right to confront her for her behavior, as well as for the audience to have the satisfaction of watching that happen.  How about some loyalty to your audience as well, Bravo?  I really feel shortchanged after having watched Lexi's shit show all season long, but not her comeuppance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 10/18/2021 at 8:57 AM, aqusdealer said:

Sadly, I agree about Courtney.  I believe she has a serious alcohol problem, as does Mzi.  It seems as if neither of them can function in social settings without being beyond wasted.  How Courtney managed to form any cohesive thoughts whatsoever during the reunion amazed me.  Thankfully, at least neither of them are mean, nasty drunks like "she who will not be named" and Mat.

I went through Alzheimer's with my mother.  It was finally formally diagnosed when I was only 23 years old.  My father had already passed away when she was diagnosed, but I do remember instances of extreme memory loss on her part while he was still alive.  She was never diagnosed with it while he was still alive.  I was married to my first husband at the time she was diagnosed.  She had been staying at my house over one weekend, and we found her lying on the floor in the guest bathroom when we woke up the next morning.  She had fallen and couldn't move.  When my ex-husband and I asked her why she didn't call out for us she said she didn't want to bother us.  We were very good friends with an orthopedic surgeon at the time, so we called him up and he came right over to the house, then ordered an ambulance for her.  When she got to the hospital they diagnosed her with not only a fractured hip but also Alzheimer's.  I got her moved into an assisted living facility where she resided for the next couple of years.  It was a very fancy and very expensive facility (we were paying $2,500 per month for a shared room - this was back in 1990).  Her social security nowhere near covered that cost so both my husband and I were subsidizing the balance that wasn't covered every month.  Unfortunately, after going through my divorce from him in 1992, there was no longer that much extra money to make up the difference that her social security didn't cover and I had to move her in with me and I cared for her for seven years before she finally passed away.

Alzheimer's is extremely stressful on the family members.  I as an only child had sole responsibility for my mom.  This is when you'll learn who your friends are and those who aren't.  I'm referring to extended family members as well when I say that.  Shockingly to me not one of the family members of close friends of my parents ever came to visit my mother even one time, and they would get crazy annoyed when she would call them rambling and repeating herself over and over.  I finally had to make it so that she didn't have a telephone in her room, because she was calling everyone she used to be close to and constantly bothering them.  That's what is amazing.  That she remembered phone numbers but not who I was.  When her Alzheimer's got to it's worst point, she thought she was a little girl that had to go to school, and when asked if she knew who I was she referred to me only as the "nice woman who takes care of her" and didn't remember that I was her daughter.  That was honestly the worst time of my entire life.  I can't sympathize with Courtney enough, as I know just what she's going through.  At least for her sake she still has her mother around.

Back when I was caring for my mother there were nowhere near as many support groups/agencies as exist nowadays for those dealing with Alzheimer's.  I never got a break from caring for my mother.  Not ever.  There was not one person in our entire family that even once offered to look after her for a night/day, or God forbid a weekend so that I could have a break.  The reason I'm still so pissed off about that is because when my dad was alive my parents were always the ones in their respective families who were helping out all of their family members financially whenever they were in need, and there was always someone who needed help.  My parents were far from rich, but they were very generous at heart and helped so many in their respective families, yet not one of those user family members ever stepped up when my mom and I were in need.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Hugs @Xebug67. You went through so much with your mom and her Alzheimer’s. I understand as I went through it caring for my stepdad. Not to the degree that you did though and he always knew who I was even if he didn’t recognize others. It is heart breaking. Seven years without any help, I don’t know how you did it. You are a hero to your mom. Know you did the beautiful thing and cared for her when she needed it. You have my admiration and deep respect. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Blindfox said:

Everyone else was mostly likable, except maybe Captain Sandy, who ultimately came off as clueless and unprofessional with her yelling at an employee.

THANKEW!!!   I watch these shows with my adult (okay...middle-aged son; he's 53 today!).  He LIKES her; I don't.  We don't announce these feelings often.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Couldn't Delaney at least been an extra set of hands to help? How hard is it to iron, do laundry, and make beds?

Could she / Would she have done it without whining about what a smart, beautiful, EDUCATED pageant girl she was--and especially broadcasting her vast nautical experience? I thought she worked the crew for sympathy...a bit too much.  Seems to work on Andy.  She doesn't need to be on my TV screen again.   I'd like Sandy to have expounded a bit on the SAFETY aspects of padding one's maritime resume`.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Luckylondon said:

Hugs @Xebug67. You went through so much with your mom and her Alzheimer’s. I understand as I went through it caring for my stepdad. Not to the degree that you did though and he always knew who I was even if he didn’t recognize others. It is heart breaking. Seven years without any help, I don’t know how you did it. You are a hero to your mom. Know you did the beautiful thing and cared for her when she needed it. You have my admiration and deep respect. 

Thank you, Luckylondon, and so sorry for what you went through as well.  That's amazing that your stepdad still remembered you.  I'm so happy for you with regards to that.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Could she / Would she have done it without whining about what a smart, beautiful, EDUCATED pageant girl she was--and especially broadcasting her vast nautical experience? I thought she worked the crew for sympathy...a bit too much.  Seems to work on Andy.  She doesn't need to be on my TV screen again.   I'd like Sandy to have expounded a bit on the SAFETY aspects of padding one's maritime resume`.

Delaney annoyed me during her reunion appearance even more than she did during her brief stint on the yacht.  She's so full of BS about not having padded her resume to falsely emphasize having a stew background.  She totally intentionally had that on her resume so as to misrepresent herself into a possible job on a super yacht.  Just what she was going to do if and when she ever got such a job in the real world and not the fake reality TV world I can't fathom.  I'm sure real world coworkers would NOT go easy on someone who padded their resume and then couldn't do the job they were hired to do, Delaney.

Now she's going to remove that from her resume?  Yeah, because the whole TV watching world has seen you being fake AF, so of course you're now going to remove that from your resume.

The only thing that I do think is that Katie should have kept her on for the sole purpose of crap work, like making beds, cleaning bathrooms and cabins, and doing laundry.  Also as an extra pair of hands to carry food and to help set up beach picnics.  Even if Katie would have to do a once-over of her work in the cabins, or have Courtney do that, that would still have made for much less overworking of Katie and Courtney, as well as the deck crew who also pitched in.

Under no other circumstances, however, would I have opted to have Delaney as one of my stews if I were Katie.  Solely under this pressure cooker of a situation of being one body with hands down.

Edited by Xebug67
Edited because I do know the difference between then and than
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Xebug67 said:

Delaney annoyed me during her reunion appearance even more than she did during her brief stint on the yacht.  She's so full of BS about not having padded her resume to falsely emphasize having a stew background.  She totally intentionally had that on her resume so as to misrepresent herself into a possible job on a super yacht. 

This seems to have worked for her throughout her life.  She told us ALL that when she didn't like a grade from a teacher/professor, she'd visit the person to make sure the grade was changed to something she wanted or needed.   So...she has a higher GPA than she deserves...and the other poor schmucks who didn't even know there was a GAME are left to appear that they put forth less real work than Queen Delaney.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

This seems to have worked for her throughout her life.  She told us ALL that when she didn't like a grade from a teacher/professor, she'd visit the person to make sure the grade was changed to something she wanted or needed.   So...she has a higher GPA than she deserves...and the other poor schmucks who didn't even know there was a GAME are left to appear that they put forth less real work than Queen Delaney.

Thanks for reminding me of this strategy - she was very proud of her ability to manipulate people.  It makes me think maybe Katie was right to stick to her guns regarding Delaney, even though it made for an immense amount of work for everyone, especially Katie and Courtney.  

• Love 7