Type keyword(s) to search

S9.E18: Proceed With Caution

druzy
  • Start Topic

Maci has a panic attack when she drives by the gas station where the shooting took place. Amber reveals that she is bisexual. Catelynn finds out that her brother has a girlfriend, so she talks to him about safe sex.

Airs October 12, 2021

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

I am thinking the negative comments have gotten through, and the Powers That Be have had a meeting.

In other words,

Maci is grasping at straws to have a story line and not have Bentley's therapy be it. 

Amber is trying to stay relevant and get some support and sympathy.

Catelynn  is trying to do something positive and uplifting and responsible.
(Sorry- I am feeling especially snarky this morning. I will show myself out).

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Ok, so if Amber had a relationship in jail, then why was she screaming homewrecker? And hey Amber no one cares that you had a relationship with a woman. Focus on your broken relationship with your daughter and your college. Focus in your son and be a mother to both, not a friend. Get your rage issues under control. Once again no one gives a flip about your relationship with another woman. It just seems there is always something that comes before her kids. A dude, another dude, sleep, drugs, sleep, machetes, sleep, a dude and now her book.

• Love 21
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Clip from tonight’s show:

I’m not shocked Amber at anything you might do mostly for attention!

What I am truly shocked at is if you are really trying to make amends with Leah why write your silly, self serving book about yourself now??!

• Love 7

Now onto Maci. I swear any time Maci speaks to Bentley he freezes up wondering what she will say about Him now!

Hes getting a little break now with her panic attacks just like he did with POCOS or whatever Maci ran around the country with!

If her panic attacks are as bad as she’d like us to believe she wouldn’t be acting in front of a camera. She’d be laying down on a therapist couch!  Dramatic little bitch!

7 minutes ago, 3outta5 said:

Catelynn: "You are your girlfriend are unseparable!"

Catelyn too has run out of  material. Enter April and Nick!  Nick must have scored $$$ to be involved in that conversation!

• Love 9

Amber is such a slug. No one wants to read your book, no one cares if you are bisexual, no one cares you are in school. You have 2 kids to need to focus on. Just shut up and go lay back down.

She is such a waste of oxygen.

Edited by edie3
  • Love 13

So disappointed in Catelynn’s “advice” to Nick. All she kept saying was don’t be like me. But no solid tools or aspirations. No pushback when Nick said he would wait until he is 16. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Ok, so if Amber had a relationship in jail, then why was she screaming homewrecker? And hey Amber no one cares that you had a relationship with a woman. Focus on your broken relationship with your daughter and your college. Focus in your son and be a mother to both, not a friend. Get your rage issues under control. Once again no one gives a flip about your relationship with another woman. It just seems there is always something that comes before her kids. A dude, another dude, sleep, drugs, sleep, machetes, sleep, a dude and now her book.

What a pathetic ploy to get attention and sell books. I don't know about other people on here but I'm just disgusted with the way these women are so desperate to keep the grift going with MTV that they put their sex lives on blast, their children's personal struggles and thereaputic treatment out there for the world to see and in the process embarass their young children and other family members. We already know that MTV has no soul and doesn't care about the kids that are fully exposed on this show...as long as they can still make money off of these women, they don't care. They all need to grown up, get jobs and raise their families in a normal environment...they're almost 30 and still sucking off of the MTV teat and MTV is still exploiting them for $$$. Sad.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Now onto Maci. I swear any time Maci speaks to Bentley he freezes up wondering what she will say about Him now!

Hes getting a little break now with her panic attacks just like he did with POCOS or whatever Maci ran around the country with!

If her panic attacks are as bad as she’d like us to believe she wouldn’t be acting in front of a camera. She’d be laying down on a therapist couch!  Dramatic little bitch!

Catelyn too has run out of  material. Enter April and Nick!  Nick must have scored $$$ to be involved in that conversation!

Catelynn's mother looks awful...when she laughs she looks insane. Catelynn looks awful too...the weight, the bad tatoos all over her arm, the dyed black hair...feel sorry for her brother. He seems like a sweet kid but it seemed almost like Catelynn and her mother were pressuring him to have sex with his girlfriend.

5 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Can we add another mental health issue to her list of mental health problems? Narcissitic Personality Disorder.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, toodywoody said:

And hey Amber no one cares that you had a relationship with a woman.

Agreed!  Geez Amber, so you had a girlfriend in the clink a decade ago.  Big Deal.   GET OFF YOUR COUCH  and engage with people who aren't trolling you on Insta live or whatever that masochistic social media display is above. 

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't know - seemed real to me.   I don't think she would forgo car time alone with Bentley if the panic wasn't real.   I was in a terrible car crash about 10 years ago and I would leave early and drive out of my way to avoid that corner and that did not even involve someone with a gun.   The panic attacks were real and they don't always happen where you can lie down.  

Edited to add:  She did tell her girlfriend she was seeing a therapist at least weekly. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

Bisexual?  Who cares? I mean really, who cares about being bisexual?  She may as well confess to being ambidextrous.  Amber is such a waste.

So, to recap the show:

Amber is attempting to come off edgy and educated while still not connecting with her kids. A bisexual coed at Purdue writing a book about her life!  How edgy and cool! (or whatever they call it nowadays). No one cares, Amber. No one cares.

Maci has a new cause to be a brave little soldier about so the masses can see how she is a superior person.  When Taylor was setting up her surprise with Bentley she was kinda a bitch about it, in front of Bentley. Way to take the fun out of it, Maci. She was just so ungracious. She could have responded by being gracious and happy even while admitting the panic attacks concern her. That would have worked. She just looked irritated that Bentley wanted to surprise her with something fun to do that might make her be that brave little self righteous soldier she is so intent on projecting to the world. Supermom doing great against all odds! Perfect family, lousy ex. She is so boring and annoying.

Catelynn giving Nick advice. Well meaning, but poor Nick. On camera birth control advice and teasing about his girlfriend. Just what a fourteen year old boy wants the entire school to watch.

Mackenzie films another MTV Teen Mom infomercial for her Body By Mac brand. Guy at gym wearing a mask and emphasizing how they adapt to covid protocols. Mac and her boss, no mask, no social distancing, walk up and put out their hands for a handshake which I imagine gym guy felt he had to shake or risk putting them off.  Welcome to Florida. 

Cheyenne planning yet another party/get together with her friends and family during covid. I did love the scene with boyfriend and Cheyenne's father though. 'What do you do, exactly? I mean what is your actual job?'  And I see that boyfriend had no actual answer other than he's going to be responsible.  But what does he do, exactly?  Cory's job is The Challenge (its painful to even type that) but new boyfriend seems to be floating by on thin air. I love that her father called him out on TV for that.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Cheyenne planning yet another party/get together with her friends and family during covid. I did love the scene with boyfriend and Cheyenne's father though. 'What do you do, exactly? I mean what is your actual job?'  And I see that boyfriend had no actual answer other than he's going to be responsible.  But what does he do, exactly?  Cory's job is The Challenge (its painful to even type that) but new boyfriend seems to be floating by on thin air. I love that her father called him out on TV for that.

He’s an entrepreneur!  Lol. That’s what either he or dad said during the conversation. 

I took that to mean he’s collecting a check for impregnating a Teen Mom and collecting a paycheck!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Yes, Cory has been deployed to another Challenge. I'd like to just say "Thank you for your service Cory" a true patriot.

They allowed him to participate without being vaccinated? He was not allowed to attend the reunion.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Mackenzie films another MTV Teen Mom infomercial for her Body By Mac brand. Guy at gym wearing a mask and emphasizing how they adapt to covid protocols. Mac and her boss, no mask, no social distancing, walk up and put out their hands for a handshake which I imagine gym guy felt he had to shake or risk putting them off. 

And after that limp noodle Mackenzie extended, I bet he really regretted it.  You're not an artist in New York City, Mackenzie.  Learn how to shake hands.

18 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

So here’s my take on the Nick appearance!

MTV is conditioning him for the next generation of Teen Mom or maybe even Teen Dad. 

Run Nick!

No need to go sideways on the family tree; the OGs are populating the next generation of teen moms and dads themselves.

On 10/13/2021 at 6:27 AM, Mr. Miner said:

Purdue alumni and bisexuals are minding their own business and here comes Amber Fucking Portwood! 

Dammit.  I was so bored by this episode that I was hoping it would be my last, but then I wouldn't understand comments like this, and my life would be poorer for it.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Amber thinks the viewers will be "shocked" by her coming out?  Really?  We all saw it years ago when Matt invited her prison girlfriend to her birthday party, duh!

It's pretty sad/bad that April now looks healthier and younger than Catelynn.  I think it would be tricky for Cate to tell her brother to NOT do what she did.  Why not?  Thanks to an unplanned pregnancy, her life turned out FAR better than it would have without MTV.  The MTV gig worked out pretty sweet after all. 

I believe Maci's PTSD.  That was a pretty traumatic experience, and she should be thankful for it.  Otherwise, what would her story line be???

I don't watch Cheyenne's clips but I love reading here that fiance got called out about what he does for a living, LOL!  Don'cha know?  He dates an MTV star, THAT'S his job!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 10/15/2021 at 2:18 PM, suzeecat said:

Amber thinks the viewers will be "shocked" by her coming out?  Really?  We all saw it years ago when Matt invited her prison girlfriend to her birthday party, duh!

It's pretty sad/bad that April now looks healthier and younger than Catelynn.  I think it would be tricky for Cate to tell her brother to NOT do what she did.  Why not?  Thanks to an unplanned pregnancy, her life turned out FAR better than it would have without MTV.  The MTV gig worked out pretty sweet after all. 

I believe Maci's PTSD.  That was a pretty traumatic experience, and she should be thankful for it.  Otherwise, what would her story line be???

I don't watch Cheyenne's clips but I love reading here that fiance got called out about what he does for a living, LOL!  Don'cha know?  He dates an MTV star, THAT'S his job!

I had the same thought about April. She still looks pretty rough and older for her age, but i think she actually seemed sober? Poor Nick, doesn’t stand a chance. Rewatching those Catelynn and Tyler 16 and pregnant scenes are just heartbreaking. They were soooooo young! And just trying to do the right thing, it’s really sad watching those scenes. 
On a petty note— i can’t stand the blue paint that is all over Catelynn and Tyler’s house . 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, geej said:

I wonder if Amber really had a same sex experience. seems like more would have come out. I don't guess i remember matt  inviting some girl to her party.

Did Amber say her relationship happened in jail?

This is her cell mate, Matt invited her to Amber’s “surprise” party:

EDD65A6D-B538-4083-9232-70255D450F7D.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This is her cell mate, Matt invited her to Amber’s “surprise” party:

EDD65A6D-B538-4083-9232-70255D450F7D.jpeg

YESSSSS!  I remember this!  Nicole was acting like there was more to the friendship than just friendship if I remember correctly.  Didn't Amber's mom suspect something?  

I am off to watch the episode...

On 10/16/2021 at 7:41 PM, Inga said:

I had the same thought about April. She still looks pretty rough and older for her age,

Nova looks exactly like her, poor kid.

On 10/21/2021 at 8:49 AM, ginger90 said:

And if I may be so bold, one same-sex relationship that happened in prison does not a bisexual make. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5