Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E35: Recap

• Start Topic

I know every season everyone gets mad and says they hate clip shows so I wanted to jump in here and say I love clip shows. I've spent weeks with these people, and soon they'll be out of my life forever. I enjoyed spending a little more time with them. 

Wow, they really lost it when they saw their families. I'm confused about X's family though. It didn't match the one in the photo I saw recently. How many stepmothers does he have? 

• Love 6

I didn't think it possible, but after that I dislike Derf and Ky even more.

The family segment was sweet.

The race discussion was enlightening.

Some funny bits here and there, mostly meh.

Azah for the win!  She was great.  (I know there's maybe a 1% chance of that happening)

• Love 4

Deref insisting that he would have taken Ky down if he had been the one he was talking to that way was predictable and even expected, but still... ugh.  

I felt for everyone during that table conversation.  Some things are just ridiculous to have to keep your calm and dignity through, over and over again.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I'm confused about X's family though. It didn't match the one in the photo I saw recently. How many stepmothers does he have? 

I'm right there with ya!  I was wondering if the chyron was incorrect and they were showing his actual mother instead of his stepmother.  Obviously I know nothing about their family dynamics, but maybe the divorce was amicable enough that getting together for a message to X was no problem?

Edited by leocadia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

We saw surprisingly little of Derek X and Sarah Beth. I worry that with Derek X getting practically no air time, that the show wants Derek F to be AFP.

I did love Claire's bisexuality and the cookout discussion!

Kyland's argument with Derek F was infuriating. "Why can't you pretend that I'm nice?" Good fucking god.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jsm1125 said:

We saw surprisingly little of Derek X and Sarah Beth. I worry that with Derek X getting practically no air time, that the show wants Derek F to be AFP.

Kyland's argument with Derek F was infuriating. "Why can't you pretend that I'm nice?" Good fucking god.

No I'm getting the impression they are pushing Tiffany or Claire. 

• Love 1

I appreciated the ant shoutout in the DR request segment - those little guys bring it season after season and they deserve some recognition for all the hard work they put in every summer, terrorizing the HGs and taking over the kitchen.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9

I have to say that what with the tortilla sniffing, the chest hair discussion tonight and Kenny and Mari's date on Bachelor in Paradise, tacos will be off my menu for the near future.

Edited by leocadia
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I know every season everyone gets mad and says they hate clip shows so I wanted to jump in here and say I love clip shows. I've spent weeks with these people, and soon they'll be out of my life forever. I enjoyed spending a little more time with them. 

I generally hate clip shows because they’re usually a rehash of what’s already been shown. Like on Survivor, they like to tease that some of the clip show will be “all new footage!” and it’s usually about 10%. This one was pretty good, though. Because I watch feeds, I can’t be sure how much was previously shown on the episodes, but I don’t think it was very much. 

The table talk that led into the clips was obviously scripted/ prompted as always, so a little groan-worthy. But the clips selected were pretty fun. I had forgotten about the whole “zonkey” debate, so I enjoyed seeing that. (Yes, they’re real!) It seems the editors like Christian, because he got a lot of time. Also Frenchie, which is unusual for someone who left week 2. I’m guessing he gets a return invitation. But Travis (who?)? Totally forgotten. SB, who made it all the way to jury, was also absent.

The family videos were nice, and tugged at my heartstrings a bit. But I’m also a sucker for the Survivor loved ones visits, so.  I wasn’t expecting to enjoy this episode, but I did.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, leocadia said:

I have to say that what with the tortilla sniffing, the chest hair discussion tonight and Kenny and Mari's date on Bachelor in Paradise, tacos will be off my menu for the near future.

I'm glad I didn't watch this ep or BiP then because I love tacos and I don't want them ruined for me!

• LOL 2

So this happened huh?

I truly despise these "And remember when this happened?? *show clip*" shows drive me batty so I'm kinda happy to have not known it was on. Not surprised to hear that there was more irrationality by Ky though. I also don't care enough about these people enough to revel in their triumphs and foibles.

• Love 1

Hannah said she is half Indian right?  If so I feel good because that's what I thought!  I thought she was Indian.  I thought Alyssa was too but I was wayyyyyy off.  LOL.

On 9/24/2021 at 10:20 PM, jsm1125 said:

Thank you for clarifying that.  I heard her say that at first she thought she was a Lesbian but then ---?  And I missed the rest.  Thanks.

On 9/24/2021 at 9:17 PM, LADreamr said:

I felt for everyone during that table conversation.  Some things are just ridiculous to have to keep your calm and dignity through, over and over again.

I used to see that shit at work all the time until the pandemic.  I kind of feel relief for people who don't have to deal with those microaggressions or macroaggressions in person at work because of the pandemic -- but obviously, a lot of people still do have to experience them in all avenues of life.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I forgot this was on last night. It was fun to.see clips from the feeds. I was watching feeds during the liger and zonkey conversation and posted about it. But I wish they would have showed The Big Blue Couch and the other songs they made up. I think there are clips of those and will look for them.

I'm cheering for Azah! She's shown more personality on the feeds in the past week. Plus I like hearing her sing.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

But I wish they would have showed The Big Blue Couch and the other songs they made up. I think there are clips of those and will look for them.

Absolutely! I'm hoping they're saving it for another night but probably not. I saw a few clips that were short and fantastic. I have no clue why they haven't used them. 

• Love 1

Count me in with those that hate clip shows, much less Big Brother. If they weren't worthy enough to make it in the season, it's not worth showing it now. I only watched the first 5 minutes of it and FF'd through the rest.

2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Absolutely! I'm hoping they're saving it for another night but probably not. I saw a few clips that were short and fantastic. I have no clue why they haven't used them. 

Yeah, if they were going to show the original songs, this would have been the time. This was quite the musical cast, and they really seemed to enjoy coming up with their own songs, some of which were quite catchy. I think Azah was the catalyst, because she likes to sing and they are not allowed to do other peoples’ music because of copyright and royalty issues. You can find most of their performances on YouTube. My favorite is “Say Hello to Lucius” with Tiffany and Azah doing the “Hi, Lucius!” Interjections in their best 1970’s sexy backup singer voices. Hilarious. 

• Love 2

Are there people out here that don't know that all BB players, once they get passed jury, do get some money, a stipend for their days, whether they are in the house or in the jury?  Because Azah saying third place gets nothing.  well, "nothing" in terms of no extra money, but they all still get something.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Hanahope said:

Are there people out here that don't know that all BB players, once they get passed jury, do get some money, a stipend for their days, whether they are in the house or in the jury?  Because Azah saying third place gets nothing.  well, "nothing" in terms of no extra money, but they all still get something.  

Apparently, nowadays the Top 5 actually does get a little extra bonus as well.

But I don't think the show really wants the audience to know that for some reason.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 9/24/2021 at 9:20 PM, jsm1125 said:

Remember that book a few years back (The Secret, or something like that) which said you could get what you wanted out of life / have great things happen to you / attain all your goals / etc. if you would just mentally focus on visualizing your targets constantly - and they would be quasi-magically attracted to you?
Yeah, I think Ky’s real big into that kind of horseshit.

On 9/25/2021 at 11:16 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

LOL.  It's X wearing a wig.

And ONE OF MY SHIRTS.  Seriously.  Who knew X had such good taste?  😁

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • LOL 4