Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Life After Lockup: Players Get Played

• Start Topic

Lisa/Stan-um, he isn't really leaving you anything in his will?

Lacey-calls Chon, of course

Brittany-she already told the audience about the $8K, now it's Marcellino's turn

Nichole needs a 'plan' to get drooling Daonte back? Pretty sure a phone call will do.

Ray 'breaks down'- will he look a tiny bit vexed? Will we even be able to tell?

Wait, Krusty has a son?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Well this is the first time I really, really liked Brittney.  

Maybe she can make Ray a snappy screened tee shirt with something about "Universal Basic Income"

Anyways, he is fairly young and does not appear to have children, I think he should try to attend a trade school or get some sort of vocational education so he can make more money.  

Brittney and Marcelino's storyline is so poorly acted that its almost entertaining, those two deserve some sort of reality show Razzie.  Oh, Brittneys friend just "accidentally" spilled the beans.  And Marcelino's faux outrage in his old dad New Balance sneakers...."this is real disrespectful!"

Was Stan molesting that cat?

Also, Stan is crafty like a fox!  Last season, when they were in the car lot, he was desperate for Lisa to marry him and she refused.  Now Lisa is demanding he marry her.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Just how many different hairpieces is Stan wearing at the same time? I saw grey hair, a couple shades of fake-looking brown and of course the black Hitler side-sweep.

I was interested in Daonte's home decor. It appeared that he had 2 liquor bags on his mantle, symmetrically arranged as if they were candlesticks? Interesting that he's only now bringing up the sad tale of the jailbird who OD'd, as a rationale for his agreeing to meet Nicole, Sr., again. Yeah, she might kill herself if you refuse to see her. 🙄 His friend is hilarious.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Did he put that fresh chopped onion in the sauce?

Those chopped onions will be like Chekhov’s gun—we see them in Act I and then they make a dramatic return in Act III. Maybe Ray gets a second job making sandwiches at the local Subway shop because that restitution isn’t going to pay itself.

• LOL 12

Lacey was looking for any excuse to go running to Chon. A client thanks Chane for their training session? I better go cheat with Chon! Lacey is conveniently leaving that detail out when she’s going on and on about how Chane cheated on her—you hooked up with Chon on his customer’s couch! But, Chon really does have some BDE, so I can see why she can’t resist him, unlike Chane who looks like he’s posing for his 6th grade class picture in his talking heads with his polo shirt and side combed hair.

Brittany is shopping at a boutique that gives you free wine in preparation for her dinner dates and lavish gifts from Ray now that he has a $10/hour job?! Oh, honey. 

Cough drops, sinus pills, honey, (something else), and a splash of vapo-rub—which is not ingestible—is a prison hot toddy?! Oh, dear. Well, I guess that would either fix you right up or cause such a terrible reaction that you forget all about your cold.

Khristianna has a secret son she hasn’t seen at all?! And she has to pretend to go on a walk to call him because it’s more comfortable to cry in a public park than to talk in front of her husband?! 

“Marcelino doesn’t know about Robert taking the money.” 2 minutes later, “Well, good luck with that thief, Robert!” I know that was a set-up, but too funny!

Chelsea died?!?  All this time they’ve been showing this picture of Daonte’s last convict girlfriend that also looks just like Nichole Sr, I don’t think they told us she’s dead! So, Nichole is a replacement for this other girl. ”Yeah, she left me for some Justin Bieber-Machine Gun Kelly-Post Malone hybrid.” Whoo-boy, that was Daonte’s best line ever!

Um, Brittany has gift bags, not shopping bags!! Fake! Brittany’s look at that paycheck. I guess she never did the math with all of her big dreams about rings and fancy dates. Ray throwing the “restitution pasta” into the trash was hilarious—what are they going to have for dinner now?

Maybe Marcelino is just finding out now. I don’t think these 2 are that good actors.

Lisa settled for a millionaire rather than a billionaire and this is the thanks she gets—someone else calling? What billionaires are knocking on her door? In what fresh hell is this woman considered a trophy wife?! Well, I guess there might be other rich perverts with sex dungeons, and she’s not the least bit hesitant to shove whatever wherever. 

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Did Brittney’s friend say, “you’ve been holding down the FORK?”  Hahaha

I think she has been lifting it up plenty.

Someone should tell Ray that one of the reasons taxes take a big bite out of workers’ pay is they are used to feed, house, and provide care to shiftless state and federal inmates.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6

Did he put that fresh chopped onion in the sauce?  🤔

He did - and then stirred with the same knife he'd been using to chop.

A client thanks Chane for their training session? 

But y'all - she put an "x" at the end of her text. She might as well have said "thanks for the sex!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Lacey was looking for any excuse to go running to Chon. A client thanks Chane for their training session? I better go cheat with Chon! Lacey is conveniently leaving that detail out when she’s going on and on about how Chane cheated on her—you hooked up with Chon on his customer’s couch! But, Chon really does have some BDE, so I can see why she can’t resist him, unlike Chane who looks like he’s posing for his 6th grade class picture in his talking heads with his polo shirt and side combed hair.

Brittany is shopping at a boutique that gives you free wine in preparation for her dinner dates and lavish gifts from Ray now that he has a $10/hour job?! Oh, honey. 

Cough drops, sinus pills, honey, (something else), and a splash of vapo-rub—which is not ingestible—is a prison hot toddy?! Oh, dear. Well, I guess that would either fix you right up or cause such a terrible reaction that you forget all about your cold.

Khristianna has a secret son she hasn’t seen at all?! And she has to pretend to go on a walk to call him because it’s more comfortable to cry in a public park than to talk in front of her husband?! 

“Marcelino doesn’t know about Robert taking the money.” 2 minutes later, “Well, good luck with that thief, Robert!” I know that was a set-up, but too funny!

Chelsea died?!?  All this time they’ve been showing this picture of Daonte’s last convict girlfriend that also looks just like Nichole Sr, I don’t think they told us she’s dead! So, Nichole is a replacement for this other girl. ”Yeah, she left me for some Justin Bieber-Machine Gun Kelly-Post Malone hybrid.” Whoo-boy, that was Daonte’s best line ever!

Um, Brittany has gift bags, not shopping bags!! Fake! Brittany’s look at that paycheck. I guess she never did the math with all of her big dreams about rings and fancy dates. Ray throwing the “restitution pasta” into the trash was hilarious—what are they going to have for dinner now?

Maybe Marcelino is just finding out now. I don’t think these 2 are that good actors.

Lisa settled for a millionaire rather than a billionaire and this is the thanks she gets—someone else calling? What billionaires are knocking on her door? In what fresh hell is this woman considered a trophy wife?! Well, I guess there might be other rich perverts with sex dungeons, and she’s not the least bit hesitant to shove whatever wherever. 

Umm, excuse you,  Ray makes $13 an hour so it's time for champagne wishes and caviar dreams!

Jeff Bezos looks like be might be into prostate milking.  Go Lisa!  

I dont think marcelinos acting was very good at all.  I can't remember, did he he actually put his head in his hands?  LOL. 

Tom Green gave a more convincing performance.  

43 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

What was the lie? I know Lisa found some texts or calls from 'Tina', but he admitted that she was (I guess) an old flame, so how is that a lie? What did I miss?

I think the lie was that Tina was real at all.  

Stan was begging Lisa to marry him at the car lot.  And with a little reverse psychology (which is free!) he got her to demand they get married.  

Checkmate!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Did Brittney’s friend say, “you’ve been holding down the FORK?”  Hahaha

LOL. I misheard someone say "my bad" as "my bag"  and said it for years until someone finally corrected me.  

Ol' girl probably had no idea she isn't using the right phrase. 

• LOL 6
48 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

What was the lie? I know Lisa found some texts or calls from 'Tina', but he admitted that she was (I guess) an old flame, so how is that a lie? What did I miss?

He said it was a junk/spam call.

44 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

He did - and then stirred with the same knife he'd been using to chop.

But y'all - she put an "x" at the end of her text. She might as well have said "thanks for the sex!"

A colleague of mine received a business email from someone he barely knows with a whole bunch of X’s and O’s at the end.  All we could assume is that the sender didn’t know what those symbols meant.

• Love 3

These story lines are so blatantly scripted and poorly acted that I don't find it even remotely entertaining.  

I think they should stick with Love After Lockup and jettison this Life After Lockup fuckery.  

Once these assclowns get a taste of that "easy" TLC money, there's nothing they won't do to create ridiculous story lines to keep feeding from the TLC trough.  The over-the-top scenery chewing is beyond cringeworthy.  

I'll keep tuning in but admittedly will be perusing Facebook on my phone the entire time.  

😴😴😴

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

These story lines are so blatantly scripted and poorly acted that I don't find it even remotely entertaining.  

I think they should stick with Love After Lockup and jettison this Life After Lockup fuckery.  

Once these assclowns get a taste of that "easy" TLC money, there's nothing they won't do to create ridiculous story lines to keep feeding from the TLC trough.  The over-the-top scenery chewing is beyond cringeworthy.  

I'll keep tuning in but admittedly will be perusing Facebook on my phone the entire time.  

😴😴😴

I think they just need to go a different direction. 

I've suggested "love after lockup:temptation trailer park" and Matt sharp hasn't even considered it.  

But I feel like my favorite trainwrecks who are not in jail or on the tether have a bachelor in paradise type experience.  Except in a trailer park.  I think this will be awesome. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I think they just need to go a different direction. 

I've suggested "love after lockup:temptation trailer park" and Matt sharp hasn't even considered it.  

But I feel like my favorite trainwrecks who are not in jail or on the tether have a bachelor in paradise type experience.  Except in a trailer park.  I think this will be awesome. 

Trailer Park Paramours?

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I better go cheat with Chon! Lacey is conveniently leaving that detail out when she’s going on and on about how Chane cheated on her—you hooked up with Chon on his customer’s couch! But, Chon really does have some BDE, so I can see why she can’t resist him

I think it's several things. For one, John really is better-looking than Shane (I think John is objectively good-looking, and Shane is not. John is the best-looking of the three of them - Lacey fucked her face up with fillers), and he's also more mature. Shane is only 23 years old and he's been in jail his while short adult life - didn't he get locked up at 17? Two, Lacey is the kind of person who creates drama (and then says she hates drama - I hate people like that, she's an agent of chaos) and will stir shit up whenever she gets bored or things aren't going her way. That's the only reason she called John. If she and Shane were still fucking six times a day (!), she wouldn't be thinking about John. She said straight up that she wants attention; the second John diverts his attention elsewhere, she'll cheat. And third, she and John have known each other since high school and have probably been sleeping together for that whole time (the 3 kids that she had with whoever their father is know John and seemed at least kind of bonded to him), and that's just what it is. Like, they'll always be in each other's orbit unless somebody moves out of state and changes their number. They'll be 70 and sleeping together, probably, regardless of what they have going on with other people.

I don't know why Brittany thinks Ray will be showering her with gifts when he owes $143K in restitution. They get paid first, I am sure. Even if he makes a lot of money, they'll come first - his wages are probably attached. Like, if his $15 an hour or whatever it is were all his, that would be one thing (and that's still not a lot of money) but he's going to be in debt for the rest of his life, probably. It'll affect every aspect of their lives if they do get married, including their date nights and the wedding and all that.

That said, when she got a look at his check and saw that he really is broke? I fell the fuck out. Her face was hilarious.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 9/18/2021 at 8:46 AM, JenE4 said:

Your whole post is GOLD, but I especially love the bolded part. Geez, Ray, since you'll be pinching the pennies for the next 25 years, you shouldn't be so cavalier about wasting food! As my Newfoundland ancestors would say "You'll have want of that by the last of March". 

Brittany is hilarious, really. She thinks Ray is going to shower her with gifts and buy her a big old glittery diamond? HAHAHAHAHA.

Lisa talks to Stan like she's mugging him. "I said, hand over your wallet!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

You guys, I drove from CT to NC to see my parents yesterday and as I was crossing the Chesapeake bridge/tunnel all I could do was laugh hysterically wondering which Virginia Beach exit Chon and Chane were and if Chon was out of chail. Then I realized I could also look for Daonte and Nicole and THEN I realized I could find Tarik and Hazel while I was at it. That's what 10 hours alone in the car will do you for you. 

Daonte and his friend are the best couple ever to be on a reality show. The Post Malone/Machine Gun Kelly comment slayed me as did his friend's statement about the sky being blue. I love them. 

Shawn is the creepiest creep who ever creeped. God. I'm surprised he didn't put a roofie in that classy smoothie he made her. He seems like he's escalating with the desperation and creepiness. At first he seemed dumb and hapless, now he's angry and taken advantage of. Last season he was talking about the con before Destinee and the way he said "she was a dumb bitch" gave me chills. His body language when Sara was trying to make her escape gave me the same feeling. 

• Love 10

You guys, I drove from CT to NC to see my parents yesterday and as I was crossing the Chesapeake bridge/tunnel all I could do was laugh hysterically wondering which Virginia Beach exit Chon and Chane were and if Chon was out of chail. Then I realized I could also look for Daonte and Nicole and THEN I realized I could find Tarik and Hazel while I was at it. That's what 10 hours alone in the car will do you for you. 

You should write for the Virginia Beach Tourism Bureau :)

I think Chon is out of chail because Lacey called him from the ill-fated beach trip and she seemed to get right through to him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 9/18/2021 at 4:30 PM, Empress1 said:

I don't know why Brittany thinks Ray will be showering her with gifts when he owes $143K in restitution. They get paid first, I am sure. Even if he makes a lot of money, they'll come first - his wages are probably attached. Like, if his $15 an hour or whatever it is were all his, that would be one thing (and that's still not a lot of money) but he's going to be in debt for the rest of his life, probably. It'll affect every aspect of their lives if they do get married, including their date nights and the wedding and all that.

That said, when she got a look at his check and saw that he really is broke? I fell the fuck out. Her face was hilarious.

That depends on how many seasons of Life After Lockup he'll be on.  He may be able to make a dent in that $143,000 with his reality teevee paychecks.

• Love 1
On 9/18/2021 at 10:56 PM, MrBuhBye said:

And he supposedly worked 60 hours.

Heck I worked 40 hours and part of my earnings went to three hots  and a cot for him!

He owes $143,000 to society plus he now helps others incarcerated!

Welcome to 2021!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Heck I worked 40 hours and part of my earnings went to three hots  and a cot for him!

He owes $143,000 to society plus he now helps others incarcerated!

Welcome to 2021!

I wonder how forgiving he would be if someone stole things from him and they were supposed to pay restitution to him.  Kind of different when the shoe is on the other foot.

• Useful 1
On 9/25/2021 at 1:20 PM, Jeanne222 said:

What kind of  work are Marcelino and Brittany doing to afford that McMansion?

Is he that good of a gambler?

I was wowed by their wealth. Two fancy cars in the driveway .

I'm guessing it's Sharp money.

• Useful 1