Type keyword(s) to search

RW Homecoming: Los Angeles (2022)

• Start Topic

The clip from RW where Dominic said to Tami all those years ago to please not bring someone else into the situation says it all. She's not a high school girl who needs her boyfriend to come beat someone up who is disrespecting her. That was just RIDICULOUS. I feel bad for the other castmates having to be subjected to all that unpleasantness.

• Love 4

I’m only halfway through the first episode (they are about to rewatch the blanket incident) and it is kind of amazing that most of them are still as unlikable as they were almost 30 years ago. 

Edited by pawsodoom
  • Love 5

This episode is ridiculous and makes me realize why Dominik and Aaron wanted no part of it. Tammy literally called her husband to come over and intimidate David because they disagree on how to personally deal with systemic racism. How was that ok? Why didn’t the producers stop that? 

David & Tami push each other’s buttons. They’re exhausting. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, EdnasEdibles said:

Why didn’t the producers stop that? 

I think they did.  They seemed to jump into action pretty quickly to speak to Tami and get David out of there.  They also did not let David return until Tami's husband left. 

14 minutes ago, EdnasEdibles said:

David & Tami push each other’s buttons. They’re exhausting. 

It's like neither one can let it go.  Tami should have been able to accept the difference of opinion, and David should have not escalated things with his phone rant.  Having said that, as much as I hate to say it, I thought David had a point about the rest of the cast being scared of her, and Tami not liking it that he was not similarly cowed.  Tami calling her husband was all about trying to intimidate David, and that was just messed up.   

• Love 4

Good point. They did get him out of there but why on earth was her husband micc’ed up and roaming around the house. It’s all so theatrical. 

I also feel like Tami knew the show might revolve around Beth and Irene for a day so she had to get all the attention back on herself for a bit and nagging at volatile David for a day made that happen for her. 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I think they did.  They seemed to jump into action pretty quickly to speak to Tami and get David out of there.  They also did not let David return until Tami's husband left. 

It's like neither one can let it go.  Tami should have been able to accept the difference of opinion, and David should have not escalated things with his phone rant.  Having said that, as much as I hate to say it, I thought David had a point about the rest of the cast being scared of her, and Tami not liking it that he was not similarly cowed.  Tami calling her husband was all about trying to intimidate David, and that was just messed up.   

Tami has lived an affluent lifestyle for the last 30 years so I’m not sure why she’s so angry and what more she wants out of life that the system is preventing her from attaining.  

• Love 2

What's funny is how much Tami keeps wanting everyone to keep it real. Then, people express their real feelings and she either can't accept those feelings or only wants to shut down the other side. I had a co worker like that at work. She would say a lot of things that pissed people off. She loved debating but never truly heard the other side. After a while, I told her there are certain things I just rather not talk about with you. She got upset about that. I said it was because there are certain things we just won't see eye to eye on so it's best to just let be.

Example...she never understood why diversity matters in media. To her, why does it matter? People are people. Why are shows or movies with all white people bad? You guys have shows. You have BET. This was actually said by her. I don't think she meant any malice. She never treated me as a black man different than anyone else and nearly cried when she hugged me before moving away.

Sometimes you have to agree to disagree. Tami can never do that. She just argues with people until you agree with her. I can't stand people like that.

David is a needling asshole that loves pushing buttons but even when he's not doing that, Tami can't take it if it isn't all about her.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I really thought Tami's husband was going to go after the crew. It could not have been fun for them to be chasing around a furious guy searching for a fight who didn't want to be followed.

Also, as Tami herself noted, after a discussion about systemic racism and the treatment of black people by police, Tami put her husband directly in the path of law enforcement (in LA, of all places). Whether he found David or hit a crew member, he was going to wind up in handcuffs and she's just lucky that one of the crew was able to finally get through to him and send him home.

Also not surprising that she pulled exactly the same stunt 30 years ago. From a 23 year old, you can write it off as immaturity, but not so much from the 50+ crowd. Also, David's "offense" this time was pretty banal. Walking back and forth talking shit was immature as hell and also an embarrassing display for a middle-aged person, but ultimately, it was hardly a duel-at-dawn offense.

I agree that the fact that David isn't tiptoeing around Tami the way the others do is a root cause. But I'd argue that David is also bothered by the fact that Tami won't tiptoe around him either. The others back down when he turns up, but Tami just turns right up with him.

Glenn and Co. continuing to make their Rice Krispie treats was hilarious. 

I look forward to being beyond bored next week. Gender/sexuality conversations are not really that interesting to me. I'm glad for those that feel represented and that being who you are is being more normalized in media. But, especially with this young generation coming up, someone being Trans, bisexuality, pansexual, gender non comforming, etc is just becoming standard. Not groundbreaking or less heard of as it was 30 years. That is good but doesn't make it interesting tv to me.

Yeah, I'm not super interested in Beth and Irene's relatives coming in to to discuss their sexuality. If it comes up organically within the house, like Beth A's conversation in this episode, fine. But this feels like outsourcing examples of diversity just for the sake of bringing up every possible topic of the times so the show can feel like it's still on the cutting edge.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Yeah, I'm not super interested in Beth and Irene's relatives coming in to to discuss their sexuality. If it comes up organically within the house, like Beth A's conversation in this episode, fine. But this feels like outsourcing examples of diversity just for the sake of bringing up every possible topic of the times so the show can feel like it's still on the cutting edge.

It honestly makes me feel like the producers are recognizing the cast members (perhaps outside of Tami and David with a little bit of Beth S.) aren't interesting enough on their own to sustain the reunion.  They need to bring out third parties to interact with the cast to keep things flowing.  

49 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I agree that the fact that David isn't tiptoeing around Tami the way the others do is a root cause. But I'd argue that David is also bothered by the fact that Tami won't tiptoe around him either. The others back down when he turns up, but Tami just turns right up with him.

I agree.  David views this reunion as his redemption, and the continued arguments with Tami undermine that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

The others back down when he turns up, but Tami just turns right up with him.

Because Tami can’t call him racist.  So her second best answer is that he has a slave mentality.

edit: meant to quote the part about how he doesn’t back down from her not vice versa

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 2
On 1/5/2022 at 7:26 AM, Racj82 said:

Yes David was disrespectful. BUT, Tami should let him have his own damn opinions and stop trying to change him. Also, he is not wrong about divisions being created between groups are just created blinders to the bigger picture and bigger issues. Not saying one has to stay in their lane like David said but making a whole group or race of people the enemy isn't helping anything either.

Yes, there is a lot I like about Tami - and I tend to feel that she gets a bad rap (both in 1993 and now) - but she was not willing to hear David at all. He is right that he is allowed to have his experience and that she was getting angry simply because they didn't mirror her own. Tami escalated that situation by accusing him of having a slave mentality, but then he escalated it further by purposefully harassing her. Don't even get me started on Beth S. looking for any window to chide David. This was an interesting episode because I felt bad for both David and Tami - and I was also super annoyed by both David and Tami.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 7

Actually yes, just like race, transgender issues are highly relevant and worth exploring today, especially since the LGBTQ community is a big part of Beth A's life, and bringing on her transmasculine child is also a way of exploring her character and background and updating us on her life, and it's further relevant if they are coming on that Irene's nephew could also add to the discussion.  There is currently a nationwide attack on specifically the rights of transgender children, with countless bills being introduced in too many states too count, and particularly transwomen of color experience extreme levels of violence, which is relevant in terms of BLM.  There has to date only been one transgender person in the main cast of any Real World season, so I'm glad the show is doing something about that.  The transgender community is currently in a similar place that the gay/lesbian communities were back in the 90's, when straight people were also declaring the inclusion of gay/lesbian people 'boring' and 'politically correct,' etc. 

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Glade said:

Actually yes, just like race, transgender issues are highly relevant and worth exploring today, especially since the LGBTQ community is a big part of Beth A's life, and bringing on her transmasculine child is also a way of exploring her character and background and updating us on her life, and it's further relevant if they are coming on that Irene's nephew could also add to the discussion.  There is currently a nationwide attack on specifically the rights of transgender children, with countless bills being introduced in too many states too count, and particularly transwomen of color experience extreme levels of violence, which is relevant in terms of BLM.  There has to date only been one transgender person in the main cast of any Real World season, so I'm glad the show is doing something about that.  The transgender community is currently in a similar place that the gay/lesbian communities were back in the 90's, when straight people were also declaring the inclusion of gay/lesbian people 'boring' and 'politically correct,' etc. 

Bringing kids and nephews of people on the real world would not interest me period. Them being transgender, bisexual, etc does not change that. So, yes, I find it boring. Others may also feel like it's the producers just reaching for content or looking up to date on certain topics. If Tami or David aren't yelling at someone, there isn't much here. It just feels like reaching for content. It's not a bad thing. It's also just not something I'm interested in. Not bringing in kids like this. That is all.

It was cute last season getting a little glimpse of the kids on the phone. Julie's daughter talking to Heather was fun. That's all I need from family members from the cast unless they tie into what happened in the past.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Tami has lived an affluent lifestyle for the last 30 years so I’m not sure why she’s so angry and what more she wants out of life that the system is preventing her from attaining.  

Affluence does not change the reality of disparate treatment within this country. This is why Black Harvard professors are falsely accused of “breaking in” to their own homes or professional athletes are pulled over in their fancy cars. My father, a federal prison warden, was pulled over years ago while driving his marked government vehicle not because he was speeding or failed to signal or because of some other traffic violation. He was pulled over because they wanted to see some ID because they assumed he stole it. I’m an attorney. People assume I’m the secretary or the court reporter. We’ve lived a very affluent lifestyle. Didn’t change how we’ve been treated because we’re Black. 

Edited by Legalbeagle421
Violation, not violence lol. Long day 😂
  • Love 21
3 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Affluence does not change the reality of disparate treatment within this country. This is why Black Harvard professors are falsely accused of “breaking in” to their own homes or professional athletes are pulled over in their fancy cars. My father, a federal prison warden, was pulled over years ago while driving his marked government vehicle not because he was speeding or failed to signal or because of some other traffic violation. He was pulled over because they wanted to see some ID because they assumed he stole it. I’m an attorney. People assume I’m the secretary or the court reporter. We’ve lived a very affluent lifestyle. Didn’t change how we’ve been treated because we’re Black. 

Right but Tami hasn’t shared any examples of when she was profiled or mistreated.  

• Love 2
On 1/6/2022 at 11:05 AM, ljenkins782 said:

Also, as Tami herself noted, after a discussion about systemic racism and the treatment of black people by police, Tami put her husband directly in the path of law enforcement (in LA, of all places). Whether he found David or hit a crew member, he was going to wind up in handcuffs and she's just lucky that one of the crew was able to finally get through to him and send him home.

This!  Reggie could have been arrested or shot, would that have made the drama queen proud?!  While David's phone shit talk was wrong, Tami of course had to amp it up by calling her huzzband, FOH.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Yes to all of this - just because Tami has created an affluent lifestyle for herself doesn't mean that we don't - and she doesn't - live in a world of systemic racism. No one said that people of color aren't able to be successful or thrive in this world - obviously, that is not the case - she is speaking to, as she said, overarching systems of power that preclude a level playing field for everyone. Tami has a right to feel be upset if she feels she had to work that much harder to achieve her affluence, if she felt like she had to play certain games to get there (ie "stay in her lane") or simply on behalf of her fellow people of color who have not managed to thrive in a system that she feels is stacked against them. It's not as black-or-white (no pun intended) as people of color never getting to experience affluence. 

• Love 13

I personally agree 100% with Tami’s ideologies when it comes to systemic racism, but I also believe that David has the right to disagree with that ideology without being called a slave. Tami didn’t like David’s reaction to some shit that she started and pulled the woman card of “lemme call my man to address this man” over some shit that she started. 

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Liquid6 said:

I personally agree 100% with Tami’s ideologies when it comes to systemic racism, but I also believe that David has the right to disagree with that ideology without being called a slave. Tami didn’t like David’s reaction to some shit that she started and pulled the woman card of “lemme call my man to address this man” over some shit that she started. 

I was with Tami until she called Reggie. While I didn't appreciate some of the terminology, she did walk away from the argument with David and was calmly having lunch when he further escalated it by talking about her hair, her appearance, repeatedly threatening to snatch her wig.  Typical David, he goes low & gets personal when having any argument, pacing back & forth on the phone, throwing out threats and insults. It was so unnecessary, as was Tami's response to call her husband. 

Like others mentioned, I'm barely interested in Irene or Beth A, let alone their children/relatives. Did someone mention being in the house a month? Damn that's a long time, I was hoping it was over soon.

22 hours ago, Liquid6 said:

Oh no no!! Tami says it is SYSTEMATIC racism, so it is. She said what she said and that's that. If you're going to preach Tam, be more educated.

Opening up a can of worms here, but David had a point in everything he said.  But just because Tami rejected it - it was WRONG.  He had a different point of view - but it was not wrong. Tami can be quite closed minded when a discussion progresses past what she believes.  I in no way approve of how David chooses to express himself at times.  But he had a valid point whether Tami agreed or not. There IS a definite motive to separate people and cause division and unrest.  If you can't see that, you're not paying attention.

Then (as Liquid6 pointed out), we find out through unshown footage from 1993, this is not the first time Tami "threw down" as a fierce woman and then went crying to a male!  Can you handle yourself without male intervention or can you not Tami? Proof says not.

Edited by Rebky
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, Rebky said:

Then we find out through unshown footage from 1993, this is not the first time Tami "threw down" as a fierce woman and then went crying to a male!  Can you handle yourself without male intervention or can you not Tami? Proof says not.

The threat or use of physical violence is never an acceptable solution. You would think a 50-something woman would understand that.  I guess she isn’t as progressive as she fancies herself.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

The threat or use of physical violence is never an acceptable solution. You would think a 50-something woman would understand that.  I guess she isn’t as progressive as she fancies herself.

I don't get the impression Tami is particularly ideological, so much as she just expects people to mostly agree with her opinions. 

Having said that, the more I've thought about it, the more horrified I am at Tami's behavior.  My guess is she wanted David frightened into apologizing to her (which is messed up on its own as logic), but for all she knew, things could have turned violent and someone could have been seriously hurt.  I think David would be justified in asking that she leave the house.   

• Love 7
2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I don't get the impression Tami is particularly ideological, so much as she just expects people to mostly agree with her opinions. 

Having said, the more I've thought about it, the more horrified I am at Tami's behavior.  My guess is she wanted David frightened into apologizing to her (which is messed up on its own as logic), but for all she knew, things could have turned violent and someone could have been seriously hurt.  I think David would be justified in asking that she leave the house.   

Yeah even if  David didn’t recently have a hospital stay with a head injury the guy looks to be 140 pounds and it would hardly be a fair fight with an ex-NFL player twice his size and 20 years younger.  Plus mature people don’t settle disputes with physical fights period.

• Love 7
On 1/8/2022 at 8:50 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Having said that, the more I've thought about it, the more horrified I am at Tami's behavior.  My guess is she wanted David frightened into apologizing to her (which is messed up on its own as logic), but for all she knew, things could have turned violent and someone could have been seriously hurt.  I think David would be justified in asking that she leave the house.   

Yeah even if  David didn’t recently have a hospital stay with a head injury the guy looks to be 140 pounds and it would hardly be a fair fight with an ex-NFL player twice his size and 20 years younger.  Plus mature people don’t settle disputes with physical fights period.

Honestly, 140 seems generous, David is a really small guy. So Tami bringing her large, young husband to fight a man that Tami herself could easily take on is just ridiculous. 

Even if she did just want to scare him, the odds of that situation escalating dangerously were very high. With the energy Reggie brought with him, there's no way that words from David were going to calm him down.

And yeah, his extensive existing head injuries would have made it especially dangerous if he even took a punch. Granted, that danger doesn't seem to stop him from running his mouth, but they're also in an environment with clear "no physical contact" rules, so I guess he felt safe being an ass.

While I'm still in the camp of "both were in the wrong" and David's behavior makes me uncomfortable a lot of the time, sometimes the camera will catch David staring into space with an expression that kind of breaks my heart. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Honestly, 140 seems generous, David is a really small guy. So Tami bringing her large, young husband to fight a man that Tami herself could easily take on is just ridiculous. 

Even if she did just want to scare him, the odds of that situation escalating dangerously were very high. With the energy Reggie brought with him, there's no way that words from David were going to calm him down.

And yeah, his extensive existing head injuries would have made it especially dangerous if he even took a punch. Granted, that danger doesn't seem to stop him from running his mouth, but they're also in an environment with clear "no physical contact" rules, so I guess he felt safe being an ass.

While I'm still in the camp of "both were in the wrong" and David's behavior makes me uncomfortable a lot of the time, sometimes the camera will catch David staring into space with an expression that kind of breaks my heart. 

Some of his inappropriate behavior may be related to the head injuries rather than just being a dick as well.

• Love 3

So, it ends and nothing of consequence was lost. 

I didn't hate the season but it was what it was.

These people were never a family. 

I don't blame David for leaving but it was the last damn day. Who cares?

I'm glad there was at least some push back on Tami's shitty behavior.

I'm glad Beth's child got a chance to express their selves. It will mean a lot to certain people watching. I still didn't care. I didn't care about most of the finale.

I will say that I throughly don't like Tami anymore. 

• Love 4

And so it goes out with a whimper.  Seven people who didn't really mesh in 1993, still don't really mesh in 2022. 

If you had told me no one was on the phone with David in all those shots of him having conversations, I would completely believe it.  Even when he made legitimate points about Tami's behavior, something still felt off about him.  I hope he gets whatever help he needs.  

Also, kudos to Beth A. for being the most well adjusted of the bunch.  Jon and Irene also get stars for seeming like mostly decent people.  Even Glen seems to have grown a little, if only because he didn't get sucked into the drama.     

• Love 8

The final episode was so anti-climactic. 

I appreciate what the show was trying to do with Beth's son and Irene's relative. More trans voices on TV is never a bad thing. And I think it's important for parents out there to realize that if Beth had some confusion in dealing with it, it's OK if they did too. That being said it felt really manufactured and stilted and weird. Like the show ran out of things for the cast to do so they brought in some Cousin Olivers to liven things up. 

Everything else . . . I don't know. I don't know why Jon felt like he had to talk to David AGAIN when it would clearly get David all riled up again and they only had one more day to go. Just leave him be, Jon.

I don't get why Irene was the only one who thought it was inappropriate that Tami called her husband to intimidate David. Everyone's attitudes about that was insane to me like "Well, David shouldn't have acted up" Two wrongs don't make a right! It is never a good thing to call someone up and have them appear to physically intimidate a roommate. WTF, you guys! This is not OK.

I do get the feeling that living with David is tense and toxic and that he's generally just not a nice person or a friendly person and is volatile so I get that they all probably really disliked him. But you can't call someone up to be a heavy. This is insane behavior from adults of this age. 

Tami is exhausting and I didn't get the whole thing at the kitchen island where she sat there like a Queen and told everyone what they needed to work on. Um, OK? And you're perfect? And then the cast is like "This is the best experience!" Is this Stockholm syndrome? Why does everyone resort to being a nerdy 7th grade girl around Queen B Tami? It is BIZARRE to me that everyone seems to care so deeply about her opinion. "Beth you need to work on this. Jon, you need to work on this. Glenn . . ." Good Golly. Stop. 

Tami's rant as well about how they were the first cast that popularized fighting on reality TV was also not anything I'd be proud of but OK. 

I was sad watching the New York reunion end. I was relieved when this one ended. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 1/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, EdnasEdibles said:

I don't get why Irene was the only one who thought it was inappropriate that Tami called her husband to intimidate David.

What annoyed me about this was how come Irene couldn't say this to Tami.

Oh, Beth S. – If Tami tells you to get her number through Jon, that should tell you that you’d better hold your breath before you hear from her again!

For me, Jon, Irene, Beth A. and Glen seemed to be the only ones that grew.

I felt bad for David….not for him leaving, which I wish he would have stayed and just ignored those that he felt were fake to him, but for the way that everyone is acting like what went down between him and Tami was all his fault.  Now, he does have issues and can be a wee bit dramatic at times but she took it to a level that it didn't need to go.  But as usual, everyone kowtows to her and says nothing.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, EdnasEdibles said:

I didn't get the whole thing at the kitchen island where she sat there like a Queen and told everyone what they needed to work on.

OMFG, I couldn't believe they sat there and took that bullshit without telling her what she needs to change about herself, FOH with that.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • Love 5

Tami sucks but she totally lacks the self awareness to realize that. It was sickening the way everyone kissed up to her like they were terrified of her. And for not being that way, I give David props. He is the only one who didn't bow down to her. Tami holding court while her minions clung to her every word about how "unfortunate" it was that David took it so far while denying any culpability was gag worthy.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Rebky said:

Tami sucks but she totally lacks the self awareness to realize that. It was sickening the way everyone kissed up to her like they were terrified of her. And for not being that way, I give David props. He is the only one who didn't bow down to her. Tami holding court while her minions clung to her every word about how "unfortunate" it was that David took it so far while denying any culpability was gag worthy.

I thought it odd that Tami mocked David’s career trajectory when she didn’t exactly set the world on fire with her girl group.  She married two jocks and exploited the marriages on various reality shows.  Big whoop.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, MadMiniaturist said:

Sorry, but I'm team David. Tami is utterly insufferable and I too do not understand why everyone kowtowed to her. It was bizarre. 

On a shallow note, surprisingly, she is not aging well. She used to be very pretty. Now, she looks really hard.

The giant lashes don’t look good on young women.  At her age they are tragic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I was really excited about this season but it just irritated me every week. Tami bothered me by calling out others for "not being real" or not talking about certain things but then she takes herself to a hotel while the rest of the group go on a trip together to "get real". I don't think Tami know's how to deal with or doesn't want to deal with people who aren't what her idea of them are. Does that make sense? She has a hard time accepting people for who they are. Of course I can only judge by this group because that's all I know of Tami.

She did David wrong by calling her husband to come over and deal with him. David was being an ass yes but, the way to deal with that is to not give it more attention.

David seemed to be in 3 modes during the time we saw him. Making it work and genuinely having a decent time, fighting, disengaged and talking to someone on the phone.

I think the talk with the transgendered kids was important and great that it may help people. I wonder if any young people watch this. This show is only slightly interesting to me because I know these people from watching them the first time. Would anyone new care about this?

I can see myself in Beth S. a little. I feel for her. She needs to speak up for herself and realize she shouldn't try so hard to be friends with Tami. Tami's not thaaaaat great.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, kimbrchick said:

I think the talk with the transgendered kids was important and great that it may help people. I wonder if any young people watch this. This show is only slightly interesting to me because I know these people from watching them the first time. Would anyone new care about this?

I wondered about that too, but my theory was that the cast wasn't interesting enough to sustain the series, so the producers kept bringing in outside events and people to engage them and keep things moving. 

44 minutes ago, kimbrchick said:

She has a hard time accepting people for who they are.

Thinking back on it, I think Tami was trying to be a good reality show participant and stir things up.  I think that explains a lot of her behavior. 

3 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I wondered about that too, but my theory was that the cast wasn't interesting enough to sustain the series, so the producers kept bringing in outside events and people to engage them and keep things moving. 

Thinking back on it, I think Tami was trying to be a good reality show participant and stir things up.  I think that explains a lot of her behavior. 

The fact that she's so proud of pioneering the table flipping fight aspect of reality TV tells me you're correct. She knows how to create a soundbite and turn up the drama.

Although she did come by it honestly, she was at the center of every memorable moment in the original series before reality TV star was a job. But all these years later, she definitely has perfected her craft as reality TV shitstirrer.

OMFG, I couldn't believe they say there and took that bullshit without telling her what she needs to change about herself, FOH with that.

When she set it up, she said they'd go around and each tell the others and when she was done, she said "who's next." So it's possible that they did all go around, but they only showed Tami's stuff.

Then again, with the way they all tiptoed around her all the time, it also wouldn't surprise me if none of the others said anything.

The ending between Beth and Tami was just pathetic, a consistent ending to that story. Beth really needs to drop the idea that she and Tami are or will be friends. Never gonna happen...

• Love 2
On 1/14/2022 at 9:28 AM, MrBuhBye said:

The giant lashes don’t look good on young women.  At her age they are tragic.

That's just it. She's actually a very pretty woman, but the lashes both age and clown her.

On 1/14/2022 at 1:38 PM, kimbrchick said:

I can see myself in Beth S. a little. I feel for her. She needs to speak up for herself and realize she shouldn't try so hard to be friends with Tami. Tami's not thaaaaat great.

I wondered that, too. Hard for me to believe anyone under 40 watched this. On the other hand, people over 40 might need help on those issues too!

The thing about Tami seems to be that she can really go off on someone and then in the next interaction have basic social graces. Her anger seems to be in-the-moment, while David's doesn't really dissipate. They're both very childish in opposite ways, and I'm sure David prides himself on never being "fake" or whatever, but sometimes you really do have to just figure out how to be civil when you're around other humans. But as some others have said, he does seem to be off in some ways. I'm not going to diagnose a stranger, so I don't know what it is, but John and some others do seem to notice it (even when they think he's in the wrong) and care.

Not sure why John had to tell him about Tami calling her husband in when David definitely knew that already, though.

• Love 1

Does Tami see the irony in her actions? Black people need to come together, she says.  But David doesn't agree with her statements and so she calls her husband....to start shit with David? Yeah. Makes so much sense. Tami likes being a victim. She won't listen to anyone else. I agree with David. The world wants us all divided. 

I enjoyed this.  Not as much as the first season's "homecoming", but that's to be expected because the dynamic between the season two cast was worse than theirs the first time around, so of course it will be this time, too. 

Other than her being proud of ushering in the all drama, all the time genre of reality show and calling in her husband the way she did, I really enjoyed Tami.  "You need to see some fucking color so you understand what I'm dealing with in America."  And Beth A., too  Beth A. did a great job of re-focusing conversations, like telling everyone not to ignore the magnitude of what just happened when Tami opened up and revealed what she was dealing with at the time they were filming, and being a white ally when Tami was left alone to explain "I don't see color" is some white privilege bullshit that needs to stop yesterday.

I also enjoyed Beth A.'s honesty in saying if I, as a queer person, am struggling to fully embrace my child's identity, what hope is there; I need to do better. 

I rolled my eyes the entire way through all the shit about Irene's vow renewal.  I would just aim that at the fact production has to come up with these dumb things for them to do, in the hopes of stirring shit up, since they can't just sit naturally interact like the NY cast, not Irene herself, but she said they'd been planning on renewing their vows anyway.  Fool, please.  You have been married for maybe two years, and for the fourth time, and you need to renew?

On the flip side, I was moved by how Jon and Tami are both struggling with their parents' deaths.

I'm glad they did this, and it was poignant when one of them - Beth S. maybe - noted they didn't get to know each other at all the first time around, even though they lived together for six months, but this time they can walk out after two weeks with some measure of understanding.

I wonder if any of them have kept in contact (who didn't already).  Beth S. is still so desperate for everyone to like her, and Tami is still "Get my number from Jon", so I don't think that's going to happen.  And it doesn't need to.  But maybe some of them drop the occasional "Hey, I saw/heard X today and thought of you; how are you?" email.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1
On 12/1/2021 at 7:43 AM, starri said:

If memory serves, they were given three potentials to pick from, just as San Fran was given three to replace Puck.  I do not remember a damned thing about the third one, but one was on the track team at UCLA and they all thought he was gay.  Perhaps he would have been too similar to Aaron.

The first applicant was the Black UCLA runner on whom Tami was crushing hard. The second guy (white) was the one some of them thought was gay. He claimed to be 26, which itself would have made him the oldest in the house, but he looked a lot older. He worked at a shelter or something. Very intense, with a strange accent. It surprised me that he was anyone's favorite, but I think Aaron was pushing for him. 

Then Glen came last and just charmed everyone, as hard as that is to believe. I have to say that I might have picked Glen too. He interviewed well and came off as chill and easy to get along with. Then once he got in, he was obnoxious. That's not even getting into the Perch of it all. 

It's interesting that LA got three guys to choose from when it was replacement roomie time. San Francisco got two girls and a guy. Jo, who was the ultimate choice; Mark, who ended up on the first season of Road Rules, and Kris, the attractive, Laura Palmer-looking blond girl who had nothing to say and was never seen on reality TV again. 

Beth A. was producers' choice. She just showed up. Maybe B/M thought another episode of three hopefuls coming to the house would be redundant.

With Beth A., the kids knew a new roommate was coming on a certain day, and that she was a girl, but that's all. So we had scenes of them speculating on what her race would be, whether she would look like a "supermodel," etc.

• Useful 1