Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Now that I'm retired, I am revisiting old pleasures. I started to knit a hat...with cabling, which I have never tried before. The wool is dark red so my inevitable screwups won't be completely obvious! I am very excited to bake more too. I am planning to gift myself a KitchenAid soon.

• Like 7
  • Love 6
Just now, Red Bridey said:

Now that I'm retired, I am revisiting old pleasures. I started to knit a hat...with cabling, which I have never tried before. The wool is dark red so my inevitable screwups won't be completely obvious! I am very excited to bake more too. I am planning to gift myself a KitchenAid soon.

Today I saw an ad for a mini Instapot, for two or three servings. I am considering purchasing one for myself.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Jesus, only half an hour in. Who has anecdotes? 

I went to see Dave Matthews Band. While in CT my car (and 31 others) was broken into. I had to get a roll of pallet wrap from Walmart and wrap the smashed window so I could drive the 6 hours home.

The idiots stole my work briefcase, took $5 and some Jolly Ranchers out, then threw it in the parking lot next door. The place next door brought it over to see if anyone had lost it.

I was thrilled to get it back--they took $5 and dumped a $600 bag!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 5
3 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

That is fantastic! A Kitchen Aid is life changing. I'm on my second one. When I retired I did all kinds of little fun projects. Having the time to do things and on your own schedule is such a gift. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I went to see Dave Matthews Band. While in CT my car (and 31 others) was broken into. I had to get a roll of pallet wrap from Walmart and wrap the smashed window so I could drive the 6 hours home.

The idiots stole my work briefcase, took $5 and some Jolly Ranchers out, then threw it in the parking lot next door. The place next door brought it over to see if anyone had lost it.

I was thrilled to get it back--they took $5 and dumped a $600 bag!

So sorry!  It's getting to the point where you can't leave the house.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Did Jasmine do any exercise at exercise time?

Gino should have cleaned things up before having her move in. She just might have a therapeutic (for her)  bonfire of all his memories of his past.

• Like 4

Hey guys! Late to the party!   Can I just say.... Jasmine is such a damn dingleberry.  I just cannot with her bullshit.  She's 36 years old and has some kids she wants to bring to Michigan.... But wait! She's CLEANING????  Oh hell YES!!  But then she goes down that rabbit hole again.

Speaking of rabbit holes, I DID see old Clayton & whatsherface horseback riding. In Kentucky.  And Clayton says to the camera "These HORSES aren't like the one you usually see in Kentucky"... And I thought "Hmmm... Does Clayton not KNOW THE DIFFERENCE between a thoroughbred racehorse and a QUARTER horse?"  Those quarterhorses do all the work at the track!  Except they don't run real fast. But hell, some DO! He better be worried about his cute little guinea pigs.  

Here we go again with Jasmine & Gino.  Time for wine.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Bees52 said:

Gino should have cleaned things up before having her move in. She just might have a therapeutic (for her)  bonfire of all his memories of his past.

Good idea, but this is the man who couldn’t even be bothered to flush the toilet.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 3
5 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That is fantastic! A Kitchen Aid is life changing. I'm on my second one. When I retired I did all kinds of little fun projects. Having the time to do things and on your own schedule is such a gift. 

Ooh, I bought needles to try making socks today! Good luck cabling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

I must be grumpy tonight.  I'ma gonna go crossways about Nikki & "Justin".  Hell, the man's name is IGOR.  Ima calling him that from now on.

Is it just me or is Nikki totally preoccupied with sex 24 hours a day?  It's like, didn't ya'll just smash THIS MORNING???

I don't think this "relationship" is gonna last.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, goofygirl said:

Is it just me or is Nikki totally preoccupied with sex 24 hours a day?  It's like, didn't ya'll just smash THIS MORNING???

Yeah, but has he fucked her lately?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I don’t mind this couple so far. I think Devin is just really anxious around people, I don’t think she is a bad person 

Give her time.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I don’t mind this couple so far. I think Devin is just really anxious around people, I don’t think she is a bad person 

I agree. She must feel so self conscious being filmed, not to mention culture shocked and overwhelmed. I'm reserving judgment. For now. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
18 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

There should be some dynamite bargains on KitchenAids this week, so many online and brick-and-mortar stores are having big sales this week.   

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2