Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Zombness said:

I don't blame her for being shocked, most of these people think we all live in big houses, movie style and that money grows on trees.

Compared to how Sheila is living, David is rich.   However, I question how David will finance moving Sheila and her son to the U.S., he will have to sponsor her, and it doesn't sound like he makes enough money.   I hope finances aren't an obstacle, but they may be. 

• Like 4
Just now, greekmom said:

I've been looking for cookbooks from this particular guy from the 80s in Ontario who had a tv series called Wok with Yan.

No luck so far.

I remember that tv series.

• Like 1
On 8/20/2023 at 9:14 PM, Suzywriter said:

OMG, my flatware!!! I just found the 4 dinner forks and 8 iced tea spoons I lacked on Mercari! I'm on the prowl for the wedding cake knife, although you can bet your buttocks I will not be cutting any wedding cake ever again. 

I love 40's through 60s cook books, wartime frugality books and pamphlets, and genuine flour sacks and flour sack patterns or instructions. I gave up my Revereware, it made me sad for some reason. The thrift stores around here have caught on to PYREX and Corelle, so now the lowest you'll pay for a covered casserole is about $15, $10 if the lid is missing. I also love 50's kitchen appliances with the Jetsony, space-aged design. 

Right? The set of bowls my mother has (and that I also have, now, obtained before the craze took hold) goes for over $100, even at a flea market! (The set, yellow, green, red and blue mixing bowls). I love mine and have gotten rid of all other bowls. 

@sainte-chapelle PYREX is great  quality and lasts forever. I'm sure @Suzywriter can fill you in on the nuances since she's an expert. The new stuff, Pyrex (lower case) isn't as good. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
57 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Just curious…on this franchise..what couples have you all enjoyed? 

Kenny and Armando were the last ones probably, and only at the beginning. I like David too, but not sure of his relationship with Sheila. 

• Like 2

90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days has returned for season 6, featuring 14 new cast members and their dramatic storylines.

The finale episode of the season is expected to air on September 17, 2023, with a possible three-part Tell-All following it.

The next spin-off, 90 Day Fiancé season 10, is likely to premiere in October 2023, featuring engaged couples from the current season.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
3 minutes ago, GrammyPammy said:

Violet and Riley look smashing in their temple outfits!

Definitely. I hate to say it, but Riley looked good. Violet looks nice in most of what she wears, but for once he looked handsome.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I've been looking for cookbooks from this particular guy from the 80s in Ontario who had a tv series called Wok with Yan.

No luck so far.

Is that the same TV chef as “Yan Can Cook”? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? The set of bowls my mother has (and that I have, now, before the craze took hold) goes for over $100, even at a flea market! (The set, yellow, green, red and blue mixing bowls). I love mine and have gotten rid of all other bowls. 

@sainte-chapelle PYREX is great  quality and lasts forever. I'm sure @Suzywriter can fill you in on the nuances since she's an expert. The new stuff, Pyrex (lower case) isn't as good. 

I've got those mixing bowls too, but lost the red one - although I've got a white with blue dots that's the same size.  Love them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? The set of bowls my mother has (and that I have, now, before the craze took hold) goes for over $100, even at a flea market! (The set, yellow, green, red and blue mixing bowls). I love mine and have gotten rid of all other bowls. 

Thanks….I have some storage containers…some Pryrex some Walmart and help me bu5 I don’t see the difference. I know I know I probably don’t get it. 

1 minute ago, LEILANI2 said:

90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days has returned for season 6, featuring 14 new cast members and their dramatic storylines.

The finale episode of the season is expected to air on September 17, 2023, with a possible three-part Tell-All following it.

The next spin-off, 90 Day Fiancé season 10, is likely to premiere in October 2023, featuring engaged couples from the current season.

We don't even get a minute to come up for air.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, tvrox said:

Kenny and Armando were the last ones probably, and only at the beginning. I like David too, but not sure of his relationship with Sheila. 

David seems so sad. He isn't jolly at all. I don't need a howling buffoon, but I do like jolly demeanor, and the kind of cheerful attitude that goes with rolling with whatever life hands out. 

1 minute ago, Bees52 said:

Definitely. I hate to say it, but Riley looked good. Violet looks nice in most of what she wears, but for once he looked handsome.

I think Riley is nice looking and dresses well. 

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, judylo said:

Tell me how to successfully manifest!

We just walk around saying "I KNOW that today will be the day we find a......" We've only been actively doing this for a week or so and found a rice cooker today! Every time we enter a thrift shop we just look at each other and say "Maybe there will be a (rice cooker, Dustbuster, sewing machine, little table....). So far its been working! I'm looking for a Cuisinart for a friend. We saw one at the local thrift shop a few weeks ago, but hesitated. I won't make THAT mistake again. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

David seems so sad. He isn't jolly at all. I don't need a howling buffoon, but I do like jolly demeanor, and the kind of cheerful attitude that goes with rolling with whatever life hands out. 

He is probably lonely. I hope it works out that he can bring Sheila and Jhonreil over.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Gino, when someone shows you who they are, believe them. She DOES NOT want another baby, and your hoping she'll change her mind once she gets to the U.S. is not a plan. You're 55! Accept it! You like the IDEA of a child! You're going to have plenty on  your plate anyway if she gets her kids over to the U.S. Jasmine has a lotta crazy but she knows Gino is her oldest baby and 99% of the work of another child would be on her. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
9 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@sainte-chapelle, I know a little about PYREX, but if you really want your ear bent, ask me about vintage sewing machines!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

David seems so sad. He isn't jolly at all. 

I feel he has had a sad life and been very isolated. IIRC he does not bring up his family of origin? Doesn't sound like they were interested in his world when he was a child. And it is tough he did not learn to read lips at the school. I wonder how much of a Deaf community with ASL there is in his area. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Stapler is panicking. Look at her eyes. She did not get a free place to live...that was her whole goal. 

She is pushy as hell … leaving her comforts behind ? Really? It’s England. Statler wants to be taken care of…she doesn’t want a partner.

• Like 5

And here we go. Statler is now going to make Dempsey responsible for all her past (unresolved) trauma. "Wah, I'm adopted! Wah, no one loves me! Wah, if you don't let me move in it will break my heart and traumatize me more!" 

Dempsey, run. Run, don't walk away from this toxic mess. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
Just now, Tuneful said:

I feel he has had a sad life and been very isolated. IIRC he does not bring up his family of origin? Doesn't sound like they were interested in his world when he was a child. And it is tough he did not learn to read lips at the school. I wonder how much of a Deaf community with ASL there is in his area. 

You may be right...how old is David? It's a fairly new innovation for parents to immerse themselves in a child's world. 

• Like 3
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

She is pushy as hell … leaving her comforts behind ? Really? It’s England. Statler wants to be taken care of…she doesn’t want a partner.

That had me rolling. "Leaving all her comforts behind"? Seriously? Its not like England is some untamed wilderness. Fuck off. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Stapler is trying to manipulate extra hard and here comes the “I was abandoned” story.

It wasn't Dempsey that abandoned you Lauren or Ann or Ava or whatever regular name your adoptive family actually gave you. Maybe your birth mother gave you up out of love and wanting you to have better than she had available. 

She's acting like Dempsey betrayed her by not letting her bulldoze. Shame on you, Dempsey!

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1