Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Bees52 said:

Hmm... there's every chance Debbie was a member of the Beat Generation and a hippie. I'm sure this poetry reading brings back memories for her... snaps fingers

She’s too young for that! Unless she’s lying about her age.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
Just now, magemaud said:

Speaking of shoes, there’s a fascinating Shoe MUSEUM in Toronto! 

Oh, I know! I've been there!  It was the first place my friend took me to on my first visit! 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, judylo said:

Too young???    If she is older than 65, yes, she was a hippie.  Her wardrobe, the way she speaks and acts is of love, peace and happiness....a hippie.

Edited by Zombness
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, judylo said:

Getting Maynard G Krebs vibes from Oussama! 
Dobie Gillis series ran from 1959-63 so she may have been in on the tail end of the beat stuff.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
Just now, Zombness said:

Too young???    If she is older than 65, yes, she was a hippie.  He wardrobe, the way she speaks and acts is of love, peace and happiness....a hippie.

All that I can think of is the beatnik episode of Petticoat Junction. 
Disclaimer: I was 5 when I saw it, but I remember it. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Zombness said:

Too young???    If she is older than 65, yes, she was a hippie.  Her wardrobe, the way she speaks and acts is of love, peace and happiness....a hippie.

I’m 72, 4 years older than Debbie, and grew up during the hippie movement but was too young to be a beatnik. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
Just now, magemaud said:

I’m 72, 4 years older than Debbie, and grew up during the hippie movement but was too young to be a beatnik. 

I wasn’t a beatnik but I was well-aware of the movement. 

That naan looked delicious. Maybe I’ll get some Indian takeout tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
Just now, magemaud said:

Just now, magemaud said:

Debbie is too young to be a beatnik but to be a hippie, no doubt about it.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Good evening!  I am a Taurus and this month, I am attracting love because of my sign being in Venus or something.  And I'm supposed to "watch my finances this month." But it's my birthday month!  I don't like that. I need to buy a stupidly-expensive perfume...

Happy birthday!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

Yea we get it, you're trans.  Can we move on yet.

I'm sure he'd like nothing more. But some Sharp PA keeps threatening to withhold his paycheck if he doesn't refer to it every 30 minutes. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 3
5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Actually, Italy. My feet like Italian ones.

I bought a nice pair of sandals in Capri a zillion years ago, they died a slow death as I did not want to part with them but finally did, what a great excuse to go back.

My husband and I were in Rome a couple of years ago but he cramps my style when I want to shop, he looks at price tags, lol. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2