Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Just now, kacesq said:

Oh how nice…shopping for a surrogate…I hate Kenny and all his affectations. Especially his ridiculous hair.

Why are they doing this? Where's the fire? They're going to move AND do all this back to back? Nothing like piling on the stressors all at once. 

• Like 8
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Her flounce needs work. That sad shuffle to the elevator was a piss poor example of flouncing. 

She forgot to scream at the top of her lungs “ I’ve had enough “. And then keep talking and swearing so all we hear is a series of beeps.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

Oh how nice…shopping for a surrogate…I hate Kenny and all his affectations. Especially his ridiculous hair.

The way his scalp shifts, he seems to have on a skin head wig with doll hair rug-hooked in.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Why are they doing this? Where's the fire? They're going to move AND do all this back to back? Nothing like piling on the stressors all at once. 

He's afraid he might die - she has to get pregnant, then 9 more months.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
10 minutes ago, Bees52 said:

Turned to Food Network for Halloween baking. So much more appealing than the Last Resorters.

Me too! I’m mostly here for the Halloween Cookie Challenge. My favorite part is when they show samples of all of the baker’s cookies at the beginning of the show. They’re so good! 

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, torontomeridith said:

You know, I am actually sympathetic to Kimberly. Yes, of course, she's a real pain in the ass, but being expected to read a Wiki page about your own marriage ceremony is pretty cold. Everything about it is unfamiliar to her.  What would an Indian expect if they went to a Catholic or Jewish ceremony in the U.S.? I would kind of expect my fiancee to at least attempt to walk me through it. 

I would spend the weeks together before the wedding kindly asking TJ and his mother to walk me through it — showing interest and excitement. Or ask TJ to set me up with an English-speaking wedding consultant to get the complete itinerary. Not bitching, crying, screaming like a toddler, fighting with TJ’s brother & sitting by myself in my room doing who knows what. She showed zero joy or interest in the rituals until it gave her a reason to pout about poor neglected Kimberly. 

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh my god. This child is, what? eight? First they tell her she's moving to a big city. Then they tell her they're going to bring a new baby into the mix. And now they're telling her that she'll be teaching the baby how to speak in two languages. The poor kid is going to run away from home. 

Not to mention all the times they had very adult conversations about their potential life changes & areas of disagreement with each other & Armando’s mom with her present. I thought that was unfair & stressful for her on more than one occasion. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Suzywriter said:

If anyone is bored, I need a single cup coffee maker with varying strengths. My $200 keurig died after  less than a year, so I refuse to buy that brand

Check out Ninja brand coffeemakers. They have varying models and features & prices. I love mine & have had it for 4 yrs - I can make anything from one cup, to a travel mug (it comes with one), to a half or full carafe. I didn’t get one with a warming plate — instead sprang for the insulated stainless steel carafe. 

1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I think turmeric is a good anti-inflammatory. 

It is! I have rheumatoid arthritis & my rheumatologist recommended it in combination with my “traditional” meds (but it’s as an oral supplement/capsule, not a paste applied by relatives LOL). I’ve noticed a difference! 

Edited by ChiBurbsMama
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Shelbie said:

She forgot to scream at the top of her lungs “ I’ve had enough “. And then keep talking and swearing so all we hear is a series of beeps.

Or the infamous “I’M DONE!” shriek. 

Her opening conversation was so sweet too — “Your city is so different than I thought it would be. It’s so pretty.” Bitchy from the first second. 

Edited by ChiBurbsMama
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1

Oh, thanks @magemaud. Sleep will be a stranger to me tonight. 

Hola peeps! Has everyone had a lovely weekend? I got my covid variant jab, and just for fun, a flu shot on Friday. Saturday was kind of yuck but today was OK, finished my un-put down-able book and started another. I may meet my goal of 52 for the year yet! 

• Like 9

Ashley is ridiculous. She's been dishonest and dissembling, and now she's waving her religion like a goddamn toreador's cape, daring Manuel to charge. She could be SHOWING him that Wiccans are people who do not do harm, and that it is a perfectly acceptable belief system, not a lair of evildoers. But she goes on the defensive, of course. I can't stand her. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Ashley is ridiculous. She's been dishonest and dissembling, and now she's waving her religion like a goddamn toreador's cape, daring Manuel to charge. She could be SHOWING him that Wiccans are people who do not do harm, and that it is a perfectly acceptable belief system, not a lair of evildoers. But she goes on the defensive, of course. I can't stand her. 

My BFF was Wiccan. I don’t even think she is Wiccan…alike a lot of folks she embraces the pomp and ceremony in order to shock. My friend, God or Goddess  rest her, read people like her for filth.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

My BFF was Wiccan. I don’t even think she is Wiccan…alike a lot of folks she embraces the pomp and ceremony in order to shock. My friend, got rest her, read people like her for filth.

Right? Ashley is all smoke and mirrors but she sure as shit isn't living by any Wiccan principle. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

Joining live after missing last week! Took a retirement celebratory trip to Maine. Sorry, all. I'm here and ready to snark. Though I am ignoring Gino and Jasmine. Hate them both.

Congrats on retiring. I’m a pro if you need a life coach.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1