Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m still awaiting delivery of my Stonewall Kitchen chocolate caramel sauce.

I love their garlic and onion jam, and their hot pepper jelly! But you guys are making me hungry, and I’m supposed to be fasting …

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m thinking of getting rid of my phone land line. Pros and cons, folks?

If you lose power for an extended time and can't recharge your cell phone, it's useful.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I only have a cell phone at my weekend place and it works out fine.  Thinking of giving up landline at home. Downside is charging if power out for long.  Need to have battery packs for recharging in case power out for extended time.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

When the power goes out, my land line is not usable. Anything else i should be putting into the equation?

I have very long conversations with friends and I find my land line phone more comfortable to hold.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Amazing, what are you taking?

Information Technology major with concentration in general Cybersecurity.  Definitely some classes that look interesting.  I have to transfer credits over and whatnot to see which core classes I can skip.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I love my landline (but I'm ancient).   I can screen all calls on my printer.  If there's a disaster, my phone will still work and I don't have to charge it.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I still have my landline, because I don't want spam or junk calls on my cell. My plan is an ancient one from about 2000, when I was working at Harvard--cell phones were new-ish and we got a cheapo plan as a benefit. The monthly charge is crazy low, but I have to pay for calls. Texts are free. I shop online a lot and am always having to give a phone number, so I use the landline number. And we get a lot of calls from the city about public events that might effect traffic, weather updates if there's severe weather, and things like water main breaks and power outages. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I can tolerate almost anything, but Statler putting a green egg in her Hoo Haw is just too much.   And Dempsey and Statler are kidding themselves if they think it will only be a couple of months before Dempsey can legally work in the U.S. 

For once I agree with Nicola, what Statler just said about boinking in church is disgusting. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can tolerate almost anything, but Statler putting a green egg in her Hoo Haw is just too much.   And Dempsey and Statler are kidding themselves if they think it will only be a couple of months before Dempsey can legally work in the U.S. 

For once I agree with Nicola, what Statler just said about boinking in church is disgusting. 

they are going to tour Europe. So Dempsy will probably take under the table jobs.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1