Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

Now that is a top tier throwback comment. Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, and Electric Company were my childhood.

Oh, The Electric Company!

Just now, Drogo said:

You know how bad that smelled

Poor Sheila 

I must say, not all sweaty people are smelly. Some are just leaky. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, renatae said:

She's "turned on" by the fact he's a virgin. I felt the same about my virgin then-boyfriend now husband but, well, he's actually sexy. Nikola is, well, let's say not in the same league. Shudder.

Are we twins?  Mine was actually running away from religion and I was all “welcome to the dark side” (literally and figuratively…more Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner in rural PA stories later).

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

Now that is a top tier throwback comment. Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, and Electric Company were my childhood.

Oh, The Electric Company!

2 minutes ago, Drogo said:

You know how bad that smelled

Poor Sheila 

I must say, not all sweaty people are smelly. Some are just leaky. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Good question. It's baffling. 

Completely agree. They have nothing but Catholicism in common. When she goes home I hope they both think deeply but I think they’ll just pray and refuse to believe that god didn’t bring them together.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
43 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Hey it’s my birthday today so enjoyed a lovely dinner outside the city and enjoying some cocktails with the hubby. Have fun and thanks for thinking of me!!!!

Happy, happy birthday!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Oh update on the freelancer situation…she works remotely so I send her a long note trying not to be rude but explaining her mistakes and why we couldn’t use her work. It was fine but holy shit I found out the reason she is getting so much work is she was recommended by my colleague..she is her sons girlfriend and I get the impression that she covers for a lot of her mistakes. This isn’t the first project I worked with her on where I had to chase because she missed deadlines. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Useful 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Oh update on the freelancer situation…she works remotely so I send her a long note trying not to be rude but explaining her mistakes and why we couldn’t use her work. It was fine but holy shit I found out the reason she is getting so much work is she was recommended by my colleague..she is her sons girlfriend and I get the impression that she covers for a lot of her mistakes. This isn’t the first project I worked with her on where I had to chase because she missed deadlines. 

Nepotism doesn’t equal competence.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

so what is this? just someone who is a typist?

• Like 1

Christian is very "extroverted". That's Christian for "I'm a skeevy creep who can't resist trying to get over on some sweet young thing". Cleo is right, he never "strikes up a conversation" with another dude. My son is an extrovert par excellence, and he'll chat with ANYONE. He's a Chat Machine. He's genuinely friendly and interested in people. Christian is so not that.

I'll have to remember, if I'm ever in an awkward social situation, to just say "Sooooo.....does anyone want some more cheese?"

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Boyfriend and I have our 10th anniversary in October. I wish we can do something like that. Our plans are the Keg steakhouse for dinner and cross boarder shopping at a bunch of Targets.

Yeah we live an exciting life. LOL

Hey target can be romantic! 

• Love 7
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Christian is very "extroverted". That's Christian for "I'm a skeevy creep who can't resist trying to get over on some sweet young thing". Cleo is right, he never "strikes up a conversation" with another dude. My son is an extrovert par excellence, and he'll chat with ANYONE. He's a Chat Machine. He's genuinely friendly and interested in people. Christian is so not that.

I'll have to remember, if I'm ever in an awkward social situation, to just say "Sooooo.....does anyone want some more cheese?"

All of this. Including the cheese.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

This person may not want so much work!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, greekmom said:

so what is this? just someone who is a typist?

She is a designer…we lost some freelancers and were desperate but I don’t think she is up to snuff on certain things and my colleague covers for her due to their relationship. It is a tough situation and I don’t want to rock to boat. It is a job by job basis so I guess it’s fine but I’d rather find other freelancers to avoid conflict of interest.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

This person may not want so much work!

I agree, she is so young and has a lot going on. It’s an awkward situation. It’s hard to manage work and turn down jobs when you are first getting started. She is lovely but not the right fit in this moment.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 5
  • Hugs 1