Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Alright, y’all, that’s enough for me tonight. I’m not heading to the manor. But I will be back here tomorrow and will be with you guys on the Darcey and Stacey live chat! Plus, I have a free day tomorrow so that’s a bonus! I hope to see you guys next week for even more of this trainwreck mess. Have a great week! Peace out. ✌️ 

P.S. I hate Danielle.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Trackdawg said:

I'm so so sorry.

My friend/mentor/martial arts instructor put a pistol to his head 10 years ago last month. I still can't get over it, to this day. Left a little boy behind. I'm just glad that the stigma on mental health issues and therapy is lessening somewhat. It seems like Zillennials don't feel the same need to keep it secret. When I was clinically depressed with suicidal ideation and sought help in my 20s, anyone I told was like "Why? Why do you need it for? What's wrong??"

My fiance did that in 1997, six weeks before our wedding.  His reason was "I don't want to mess up your life". It's so devastating.

• Hugs 6
  • Sad 7
8 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

Morocco.  Is this our second person from there?  Muhammut was from Tunisia, wasn't he?

Azan was from Morocco. In fact, he’s still there (but there’s no store) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Adios ya'll, I will miss you next week, on Thursday I am heading to Oaxaca Mexico for a wedding which is next Sunday, so many reasons I did not want to go and you guys are one of the reasons! I will miss you, snark up the place real good for me!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Good night my snarky darlings! I'm off to Ikea tomorrow to spend $$ like a drunken sailor. Don't know if I'll make it for Darcy and Stacy tomorrow but I'll do my best. Meanwhile, have a great Monday holiday! MWAH!

3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Azan was from Morocco. In fact, he’s still there 

Is he running his super successful beauty supply business? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Good night my snarky darlings! I'm off to Ikea tomorrow to spend $$ like a drunken sailor. Don't know if I'll make it for Darcy and Stacy tomorrow but I'll do my best. Meanwhile, have a great Monday holiday! MWAH!

I looooove that place. Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Trackdawg said:

I'm so so sorry.

My friend/mentor/martial arts instructor put a pistol to his head 10 years ago last month. I still can't get over it, to this day. Left a little boy behind. I'm just glad that the stigma on mental health issues and therapy is lessening somewhat. It seems like Zillennials don't feel the same need to keep it secret. When I was clinically depressed with suicidal ideation and sought help in my 20s, anyone I told was like "Why? Why do you need it for? What's wrong??"

I had a friend commit suicide when I was in high school in the 90s. I never got over it. I’m so sorry for anyone who experienced this. It was shameful then and never spoken about. I still remember being pre teen when Cobain killed himself…all the radio and MTV folks said he had it all and was selfish etc…we have come a long way but need to go further still. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Hugs 3
  • Sad 3
8 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Goodnight friends see some of you tomorrow 

9 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Night, everyone! Time for me to start laundry, which I've been putting off all day. 

7 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Adios ya'll, I will miss you next week, on Thursday I am heading to Oaxaca Mexico for a wedding which is next Sunday, so many reasons I did not want to go and you guys are one of the reasons! I will miss you, snark up the place real good for me!

6 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

How mach fun was that? You killed it tonight, fellow snarkers. Guess the week off just honed your already rapier-sharp (no pun intended) wit! Have an excellent week and be kind to yourself. Au revoir.

5 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Alright, y’all, that’s enough for me tonight. I’m not heading to the manor. But I will be back here tomorrow and will be with you guys on the Darcey and Stacey live chat! Plus, I have a free day tomorrow so that’s a bonus! I hope to see you guys next week for even more of this trainwreck mess. Have a great week! Peace out. ✌️ 

P.S. I hate Danielle.

5 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

I'm back and caught up - sorta.    Have a great week!

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Is he running his super successful beauty supply business? 

SO great to do the live chat thang with y'all again. I'll tryyyyyyy to make another pop-in next month or so!

giphy.gif

• Hugs 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

Aww, have a wonderful trip! 🎉🥂to the happy couple!

Good night all. See you next time (hopefully, if my cable box doesn't decide to go out again, or any other pre-emptions occur). Have a great week! ✌️❤️

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Good night friends.  Thank you for your kind words and thoughts.  I really had no intention of talking about Hubs suicide on this or ANY website.  I'm so glad I did!  It's just something that never really goes away, does it?

I'm SO MUCH BETTER.  I'm kind of content with my single life. I have a few wonderful friends and a job that makes me feel like I'm contributing to someone's life in a good way.  My family has been stellar. BOTH sides of the family.  I'm really so BLESSED. One thing I VOWED to myself was that I needed a BIG OLD BELLY LAUGH AT LEAST ONCE A DAY.  You guys have helped me giggle, snort, chortle, hoot!!  So,Thank you peeps.  I mean it. 

And now... I gotta get in the bed so I can go to work tomorrow!  LOVE  YOU GUYS!! Have a great week!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 10
  • Love 6

Amidst the wonderful snark was clickbait entitled "Signs You Need A Parasite Cleanse".  Substitute "stupidity" for "Parasite", and let's go:

1. You have converted to a faith you know nothing about (then how are you even converted?)

2. You are moving to a country you know nothing about, a move much more problematic than moving to say, Canada (which still has its own challenges and culture adaptation)

3. You are marrying someone you know nothing about in less time than I would take to buy a car or rent an apartment.

4. Your friends/children/parents/siblings all say "Bad Idea Alert".  Bonus if their eyes and body language say "I've Seen This Bullshit Before".

Yes, folks, the stench of stupidity is strong tonight.  And I am watching every glorious moment, despite swearing I'd give up 90 Day for Lent.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I used to say that the difference between Boston and Cambridge was that in Cambridge you'd see men in berets but never in Boston. (Also Greek fishermen's caps)

Couldn't resist sharing - my half-Greek (on the other side) son at the 2012 St. Demetrios festival.  
His Papou grew up in Boston, son of a cobbler.

image.jpeg.bcafb9804f4fc944b7307f5c672ea063.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, kirklandia said:

Couldn't resist sharing - my half-Greek (on the other side) son at the 2012 St. Demetrios festival.  
His Papou grew up in Boston, son of a cobbler.

image.jpeg.bcafb9804f4fc944b7307f5c672ea063.jpeg

Handsome lad! Actual Greeks are exempt from the Greek Fisherman's Cap Rule. 

Boston area has a large Greek community, a friend of mine went to Greek school on weekends when he was a kid. An old roommate of mine was first generation, spoke fluent Greek. Former governor Mike Dukakis is the son of Greek immigrants. Lynn, MA, right next door to me, has a Greek festival every year. It was the home of one Harry Agganis, nicknamed "The Golden Greek", a college and pro sports star in both football and baseball. Boston University's sports arena is named for him. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I had a friend commit suicide when I was in high school in the 90s. I never got over it. I’m so sorry for anyone who experienced this. It was shameful then and never spoken about. I still remember being pre teen when Cobain killed himself…all the radio and MTV folks said he had it all and was selfish etc…we have come a long way but need to go further still. 

I was heavily bullied in 6th grade. Kids and teachers pushed me, corrected me, insulted me, invaded my personal space, tripped me, discouraged me, laughed at me, you name it. One day I was ganged up on by everyone in my math class, and the teacher had to call the school guidance counselor to come get me. After she called my parents to come pick me up, I asked her to take me to the kitchen so I could get a “small and gentle blade”. I begged for her to do it, because I thought I would rather just commit suicide than deal with so many aggressive kids. My mom came to the office, and I just decided to go with her back home. That summer, I went into a depression so unbearable that I thought about ways to commit suicide and hide my body from my parents to give them hell for putting me through this experience. I’m so glad the family doctor decided to step in, and I am here snarking with you today.

• Hugs 8
  • Sad 2
On 2/19/2023 at 8:20 PM, endure said:
  On 2/19/2023 at 8:00 PM, mmecorday said:

The had an argument about clothes. Apparently he doesn't like her Little Dutch Boy look either. 

I was getting shades of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman

image.jpeg.b7a8e89b44197d546480a2fa73b12e6c.jpeg

Edited by ChiMama
  • LOL 3
On 2/19/2023 at 8:35 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

She wants a two bedroom two bath apartment with a pool? Sweet Jesus, so much for her simple life on the beach! 

And a dishwasher, washer/dryer, AC, and terrace — but she doesn’t want THAT much, y’all! 🙄 So assholish when most people in the DR - Johan’s family included - live in extremely humble housing. Such an insensitive bratty clod. I really detest this clueless shrew. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Hola snarkers! I got here early so I could get a good seat near the bar. 

And button up your jackets please. I can't believe I have to remind you of this. 

Has everyone had a lovely weekend? 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Hey peeps.

Been binging since Saturday night a show on Prime called Four More Shots Please.

It's actually very good.

Ok now let's see if they finally give us more than 10 mins of crazy Tabitha from Passions.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Hey peeps.

Been binging since Saturday night a show on Prime called Four More Shots Please.

It's actually very good.

Ok now let's see if they finally give us more than 10 mins of crazy Tabitha from Passions.

I remember Tabitha from Passions!! Excellent comparison!

good evening all! Had a really crap week, but my spirits lifted on Friday during the Life After Lockup chat and now tonight’s snarkfest!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Imagine if The Other Way meant learning about your foreign SO's culture, lifestyle, personality, etc. before marrying them? I know, crazy, right?

Edited by Gobi
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
Just now, kacesq said:

good evening all! Had a really crap week, but my spirits lifted on Friday during the Life After Lockup chat and now tonight’s snarkfest!

you too???

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

I also had a terrible week. I rated last week’s episode a 3/10. Debbie was hilarious and provided comedic relief. The rest of it? Filler. I am seriously starting to feel a huge disconnect from these people. Love to hate watch with my peeps though.

6 hours in a taxi sounds horrible.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 2