Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Wanted to let you all know that I said “yes” to the dress dog. I’ll be picking her up on Saturday and by Sunday, I’ll be wondering what I was thinking. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c3ff68cfd0a9e00e72fde0a7808652c1.jpegimagejpeg_0.jpg

Congrats, I hope it goes well, it's a huge decision and commitment!  Last dog I got I would wake up and say, are you still here? After a few weeks I was in love and got right into it, and was no longer doubting my decision. Hoping it's true love, have fun!

• Like 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m starting to rethink Yara. Seems like getting the green card was not her end game. Having a child and a permanent support $$ system might have been. 

Shrug. I just think she's homesick. Jovi hardly seems all in either, so I don't think its a one sided thing. I don't think Yara planned to hook a rich American, get pregnant, then screw off with the baby. That's pretty cold. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Wanted to let you all know that I said “yes” to the dress dog. I’ll be picking her up on Saturday and by Sunday, I’ll be wondering what I was thinking. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c3ff68cfd0a9e00e72fde0a7808652c1.jpegimagejpeg_0.jpg

Cutie! Congrats

• Love 4

Why doesn’t Jenny use the time to learn Hindi.  They have remote lessons but for her I think in person would be beneficial.  Maybe she could meet some people.  What difference does it make if Sumit works weekends as long as he gets a few days off during the week?  I though he previously worked in a call center.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m starting to rethink Yara. Seems like getting the green card was not her end game. Having a child and a permanent support $$ system might have been. 

I don’t like Yara at all. I think she’s manipulative and I think her ego is outsized. 

I look forward to Yara and Jovi’s The Other Way season.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3

I have mixed feelings on Yara. I get missing the European life and old buildings and history, etc. if Jovi and her weren’t making a lot of money, things would be different. She is cold, she is manipulative and entitled.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

No more House of the Dragon, so I guess I’m watching 90 Day: Fugly Ever After tonight. 

I just finished watching.  I had a hard time getting past episode 3, but once I did I binge watched the rest.  It moved really fast.  It’s no GOT put it has potential.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Emmeline said:

Why doesn’t Jenny use the time to learn Hindi.  They have remote lessons but for her I think in person would be beneficial.  Maybe she could meet some people.  What difference does it make if Sumit works weekends as long as he gets a few days off during the week?  I though he previously worked in a call center.

Exactly. There's probably a good sized expat community near her if they're in a city. She's terrified to leave the house? She can't even shop at the market in the daytime when all the women are shopping? 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Shrug. I just think she's homesick. Jovi hardly seems all in either, so I don't think its a one sided thing. I don't think Yara planned to hook a rich American, get pregnant, then screw off with the baby. That's pretty cold. 

I agree. I think she just misses home. Also, this place can be a pretty big culture shock.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I looked it up today. She’s an”influencer” (of course she is) and supposedly has her own clothing and makeup lines. Sure, Jan 

She puts her brand on Ali Express products and probably buys cheap clothing to resell. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

No more House of the Dragon, so I guess I’m watching 90 Day: Fugly Ever After tonight. 

I knowwww. Although I always watched the later airings,  I'm kinda suffering with drawl without it, now. 2024 can't get here soon enough.

• Hugs 1
  • Love 2