Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day: The Single Life Live Chat

• Start Topic

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Guys. This is so boring. Anyone have any anecdotes? Recipes? Shopping tips? I cannot bear this. 

Last night had a Christmas party for 50 people. Had a lot of fun and the clean up wasn’t too bad. Anyone else having or going to a party? 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Last night had a Christmas party for 50 people. Had a lot of fun and the clean up wasn’t too bad. Anyone else having or going to a party? 

I'm not much of a party goer but we went to a Hanukkah party yesterday at the home of some of my husband's music friends, nice folks and even though I didn't know anyone I had a nice time. Then came home and drunk baked with houseguest. We made lemon poppy seed quick breads. Yum. 

1 minute ago, OneGuy said:

The Caesar segment hasn't brought you around?

Right? I appear to be impervious to Caesar's devastating charm and magnetism. I must be truly jaded. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yes, I'm going to a party Weds night.  It's my garden club, but they are 65 fun loving great people.  It's at a private house (mansion).  Looking forward to it.   I got a free turkey at the grocery store before Thanksgiving for spending $300, so I'm making it News Year Day and having a small dinner party with some musicians I know.   Merry Christmas everyone!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I went to one last Saturday night.  It was fun BUT there was not enough FOOD!!  This was a buffet type deal, and man!  There must have been some BIG eaters there!  By the time I got there, no lasagna, no salad, no rolls.  I had spagetti squash and sweet potatoes.  THE END!

Had to stop off and grab some lasagna from a restaurant to eat at home.  Pitiful!

• Mind Blown 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Guys. This is so boring. Anyone have any anecdotes? Recipes? Shopping tips? I cannot bear this. 

How ‘bout something freaky? This morning on my way to work I went behind a car, and there were a few deer running across the street. The car continued driving, and it sent one of the deer flying like hell onto the grass. Poor thing rolled over and limped in a lot of pain while I was going “Holy shit. Oh. My. GOD.” That totally ruined my already blah Monday. Anyone have any eye or brain bleach?

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

Anecdotes? The woman who comes to help me train my dog says that I should have more people come to visit to get the dog used to having people around so she’ll stop being reactive to strangers. I’ll do anything for love, but I won’t do that.🎶🎶

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Then came home and drunk baked with houseguest. We made lemon poppy seed quick breads. Yum. 

Sounds fun. I hope you saved us some. 

1 minute ago, Doublemint said:

Yes, I'm going to a party Weds night.  It's my garden club, but they are 65 fun loving great people.  It's at a private house (mansion).  Looking forward to it.   I got a free turkey at the grocery store before Thanksgiving for spending $300, so I'm making it News Year Day and having a small dinner party with some musicians I know.   Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope you have a nice time. Being as it’s that kind of party the greenery should be magnificent and festive 🎄

• Love 3
1 minute ago, goofygirl said:

I went to one last Saturday night.  It was fun BUT there was not enough FOOD!!  This was a buffet type deal, and man!  There must have been some BIG eaters there!  By the time I got there, no lasagna, no salad, no rolls.  I had spagetti squash and sweet potatoes.  THE END!

Had to stop off and grab some lasagna from a restaurant to eat at home.  Pitiful!

Party rule #1 - Never run out of booze or food. 

Altho lasagna does sound good to me right now. 

• Love 4

Not a party but we're having deep dish Chicago pizza sent from our favorite place for Christmas.  I'm originally from Chicago and had my son there this summer for a basketball tournament.  He is maybe the pickiest eater I know and he dove into the pizza.  So, it will be a nice surprise for him and a welcome treat in this bland, chain-restaurant community.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

@Pepper Mostly you mentioned  Jesse….this is your fault 😂 

Mea culpa! Who else can we wish into this mess? Might liven things up some. Maybe Darcey? 

1 minute ago, Doublemint said:

Aw, that sounds great! My dad was a very keen gardener and used to host a local garden club at our house every year. The ladies loved him. And one time he and my mother were interviewed for the local paper and a nice article appeared about his beautiful gardens. A week or so later I was talking to my mother on the phone and she said "Your father is out showing some lady and her old auntie around the garden. She saw the article in the paper and thought it was open to the public!" Ever hospitable and proud of his "estate" as he liked to call it, he graciously gave them a private tour. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 7