Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Amber Marchese:

Quick Facts
PROFESSION: Mother, Actress, Entrepreneur

Amber has been a lifelong resident of the great state of New Jersey, living in the breathtaking, equestrian town of Colts Neck for the past 10 years. She is married to an unbelievable, caring, supportive man, James Marchese. They have a solid, loving relationship, with a typical fiery Italian side to their marriage. Amber is the mother to Corbin and Isabella and stepmother to Michael and Sebastian. The four kids keep Amber on her toes. She puts her family above everything else and ingrains in them traditional values; such as faith in God, proper etiquette, discipline, as well as the importance of a first rate education.

Amber graduated with a BA, then acquired a Masters in Bio-Behavioral Studies/Exercise Physiology from Columbia University. She has a passion for health and fitness and has created her own fitness brand called Vici fitness. Vici literally mean to “conquer” and is a metaphor, as Amber conquers all challenges and interests.

Diagnosed with breast cancer at 31-years-old, she underwent a double mastectomy and a year and a half of chemotherapy; all while caring for a two-year-old and one-year-old, as well as her stepchildren. She has been in remission for five years, and attributes being a better mother, wife, and person to her battle with cancer. Amber is a philanthropist who donates time and money to countless charities raising awareness for young women with cancer and assisting them with the emotional and financial impact of the disease. Amber’s battle inspired her to pursue a lifelong dream of acting. She has completed years of acting classes, has appeared in several commercials, and filmed a TV episode for the Food Network. The sky is the limit for her, and she plans on conquering the acting world and having a blast with it!

Amber describes herself as an intensely passionate person who is outgoing, fun, and occasionally downright silly. Her faith, integrity, love, and sincerity are driven by a never surrender, never retreat drive to be a better person. Her fire is evident in everything she does and is an inspiration to many. However, it also creates conflict with others and when that happens…watch out!

I'm in shock about her education. She certainly doesn't speak like someone who even has an undergraduate degree from an Ivy League institution. I call foul. She has said quite a few pretty dumb things. I can't recall them now. Oh! Etticacy was one. 

Anyone else? What do you think?

Just to add to that: Who writes these bios? She is 31 years old. She was not diagnosed with breast cancer at "31-years-old." She might be a 31-year-old cancer survivor, but using the hyphens is correct only when the phrase is used as a modifier. And I say that as someone who has a bachelors degree from a plain old college, not Ivy League!  /rant

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 5

I haven't watched much of this season yet, but I already like Amber just because her husband has enough sense to avoid hanging with the Gorgas/Giudices!

Her wish to supposedly reconnect with a Gorga is the whole reason they are on this show. He is not too principled to cash in the Gorgas.
  • Love 8

Yes, I think that NYT article has been posted somewhere. I read it once and found it very interesting. He's just another sleazebag. 

I'm not impressed by Amber's education at all, particularly because she comes off as unintelligent and uneducated.

• Love 3
Her wish to supposedly reconnect with a Gorga is the whole reason they are on this show. He is not too principled to cash in the Gorgas.

And it's not like they didn't know the Giudices would be on the show. If they really wanted to avoid them, they should not have signed up. 

• Love 3

Sometimes Amber looks exactly like Maya Rudolph.

Thank you. That's what's been bugging me--not in a bad way, but I couldn't place who she reminded me of.

Her husband really does deserve his own separate snark thread, as someone mentioned above.

Amber seems an expert at using her past predicament for sympathy. Hey Amber, everyone goes through stuff, but there's a statute of limitations with the sympathy card.Cancer is terrible and nobody deserves that but let it go! I fell on my ass exactly three months ago. It was horrible! I was at work, there was chipotle sauce on the ground, it was in aisle ten, I slipped, it hurt. Perhaps if I want some attention I should mention "The fall!" Or "The Sauce".

Actually, it wasn't horrible. Chipotle sauce is good, it goes well on cream cheese served with crackers.

• Love 2
Amber Marchese Regrets Having Husband Jim Marchese Filming On Real Housewives of New Jersey

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/08/08/amber-marchese-regrets-husband-jim-marchese-filming-real-housewives-new-jersey/

Well, I had to read two recaps to remember who Bobby is. So Jim and Bobby have spilt up. Really strong friendship there. From reading, it looks like the guys continue the fight outside. These girls came to bring the drama, didn't they?

Edited by Lisin
fixed quote
  • Love 1

Amber is so full of crap. In that article she is quoted as saying, "I don't like how vicious it is. People are vicious." Did she not watch the show before signing on? Did she miss the part where Tre and JoeGo were at each other's throats, where they didn't speak for a year? THAT'S about as vicious as it gets, when family goes after one another in a bid for fame and money. Also the long friendship between Tre and Jac was severed due to this show. She knew what these HW shows are like, she just thought she'd be able to come out on top. Now that everyone know the truth about her sleaze bag hubby she's crying foul.

• Love 3

Amber is so full of crap. In that article she is quoted as saying, "I don't like how vicious it is. People are vicious." Did she not watch the show before signing on? Did she miss the part where Tre and JoeGo were at each other's throats, where they didn't speak for a year? THAT'S about as vicious as it gets, when family goes after one another in a bid for fame and money. Also the long friendship between Tre and Jac was severed due to this show. She knew what these HW shows are like, she just thought she'd be able to come out on top. Now that everyone know the truth about her sleaze bag hubby she's crying foul.

Exactly! She's just trying to backpedal now because she can't take the backlash. Her little sleazebag husband very much wanted to be on this show, just like she did. He wanted the attention, plus the free advertising for his shit mortgage company. I really hate these two lying losers.

Btw, Amber's going to be on WWHL tonight. The description on my Dish satellite guide says:

Actress Amber Marchese; actor David Arquette

Ha ha ha. 

It will be interesting to see how much spin she tries to do tonight.

What Amber tries to portray IMO is this: an Italian, Leave It To Beaver style, family wherein she is queen and Jimmy douche lord is king. In short, her tag line should be this....."Money is my God, my husband is douche king, and my mind is ri donk a donk (slang for ridiculous). Oh, and did you know I had the cancer?"

• Love 1

Amber thinks reality tv is the perfect place to tell secrets that she heard through the grapevine. 

I believe her IQ is in the single digits.

She was on WWHL tonight.  I don't think Andy likes her at all.

Edited by candy moocher
  • Love 1

She was on WWHL tonight.  I don't think Andy likes her at all.

The other guest, David Arquette, did not like her either. He was getting in digs on her and Jim every chance he could get.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 3
(edited)

Amber lost the poll question by a landslide, and she seemed genuinely surprised. I can't stand Melissa, but she's not to blame for that First Responders melee.

Ha ha ha:

Poll: Whose side are you on:

Amber:    19%

Melissa:  81%

Her reaction was surprise, disappointment, and she whined that she was attacked and it's never okay to put your hands on someone else. Okay, agreed, but does she think that the hair pulling creates sympathy for her and excuses her and her horrible husband? Give it up, Amber, no one is ever going to like you two losers.

The first few minutes of WWHL were the best. I think Amber was surprised that when Andy asked David Arquette what his favorite part of tonight's episode was David replied the whale's vagina comment, (made by Dina). Amber pouted and said that was unfortunately about her husband, and Andy said "awkward". I love that Andy repeated Dina's line right to Amber's face, that "his (Jim's) level of douchebaggery is as big as a whale's vagina", (not exactly what Dina said, but close enough).

David Arquette said as a viewer he loved that line, and then Amber tried to defend her husband and said Dina doesn't know Jim. David then brought up how it wasn't good the way Jim was talking to the ladies (at Bobby's party).

Amber, still trying to defend Jim, claimed that they have to understand that Amber was just "attacked downstairs and then they all came at Jim". Ha, then David made fun of Jim's d-bag talking head about being a lawyer and he'll take them down and ruin their life. 

I think Amber really didn't expect all that from David Arquette. She laughed nervously and said, "I was a fan of you." Then as David continued, Amber "joked", "Watch out, he'll sue you."

Jim and Amber:  D-bag 1 and D-bag 2

This was followed by Andy saying that we're only five episodes in but it seems that everyone is against Amber. Then they played a montage of everyone "talking smack" about Amber, ending with the part when one of the twins said Ambah is very uptight and Joe Gorga replied that it's because of her insecurity.

Amber was so uncomfortable, but I have no sympathy. As she said in her bullshit answer to the first caller who asked why they even did this show, it was her "dream" to be on the show. Really, why? She has dreams of being rich and famous? So, she saw her old friend Melissa, whom she hasn't spoken with in many years, on the show and she somehow got in touch with the producers and got her and her troll husband booked on the show. Oh, but  I thought she contacted Melissa because she wanted to start their friendship back up again? Yeah, right. Too bad she slipped tonight that it's all about her dream to be on TV.

Andy said Jimbo likes to bring up his "legal training" in casual conversations even more than maybe Star Jones, LOL. Then they played a video montage of Jim's asinine wanna-be lawyer comments and threats from the last couple of episodes. What a tool he is.

Amber blamed it all on Bobby. She said Bobby sat on the sidelines as things heated up at the party. Plus, she said he exaggerated what Jim said about his reasons for not going bowling with the guys. Whatever, Amber, nice try.

I hope these two are not back next season!

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 7
(edited)

Also, in the game where Amber had to say one word that came to her mind for her castmates, she answered:

Melissa:     backstabber

Teresa G:  Powerful, strong woman

Nicole:       Shakespearean tragedy

Dina:           kind of zen, but I'm kind of not liking her right now

Ter-EH-sa:  miserable

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2

Also, in the game where Amber had to say one word that came to her mind for her castmates, she answered:

Melissa:     backstabber

Teresa G:  Powerful, strong woman

Nicole:       Shakespearean tragedy

Dina:           kind of zen, but I'm kind of not liking her right now

Ter-EH-sa:  miserable

Jim accuses the other women of having an IQ of 12 when his wife can't even count.......................

• Love 3

I just posted this in the episode thread, but I'm putting it here too. I know the October 2007 NY Times article has already been linked several times, but I just found the follow-up article about how much this loser eventually was awarded in the whistle blower case:

The October 2007 NY Times article on Little Jimmy:  Whistle-Blower Finds a Finger Pointing Back

Even worse, I found this December 2007 follow-up article:  Whistle-Blower Is Awarded $1.6 Million

That punk didn't deserve a dime.

• Love 1
Amber blamed it all on Bobby. She said Bobby sat on the sidelines as things heated up at the party. Plus, she said he exaggerated what Jim said about his reasons for not going bowling with the guys. Whatever, Amber, nice try.

Thanks, LuckyBitch for the recap of WWHL! I was too tired to watch, but I got a good chuckle out of your post. I would have loved to see Amber being called out like that. 

As to this particular little nugget - Bobby exaggerated what Jim said? Is she delusional? If anything, Bobby downplayed it! He mentioned nothing about Joe and Tre's legal troubles and just said that Jim didn't want to be around guys who have been known to break out the fisticuffs. If Jim didn't like this excuse, maybe he should have called the guys himself and explained why he wasn't going to be there. I thought Bobby did the best he could, trying to give the other men a reason while not totally throwing his friend under the bus. 

• Love 4

That Reality Tea WWHL recap has more about that part:

Andy then plays that god-awful speech Jim gave in his talking head tonight about suing people and bleeding them dry financially and deposing them for 8 hours, blah blah.  He tells Amber that Jim got roasted on Twitter tonight and asks if there’s anything she’d like to say.  “I think it was just a very heated moment, he just watched me get attacked and everyone was coming at him at the same time.  He was watching Bobby sitting on the side and not doing a damn thing.  And he also knew he was in that position because of Bobby, because of twisting his words around.  and exaggerating the reasons my husband said for not going to bowling night. It was a little over the top and it was just overheated and it just wasn’t a good situation for him.  We just wanted to get the hell out of there.  We couldn’t find my keys. ”  She never really addresses the scathing lawsuit comments.

• Love 1
As to this particular little nugget - Bobby exaggerated what Jim said? Is she delusional? If anything, Bobby downplayed it! He mentioned nothing about Joe and Tre's legal troubles and just said that Jim didn't want to be around guys who have been known to break out the fisticuffs.

This is exactly what I was about to say.  Bobby is a good dude who chose not to repeat his friend's asstastic comments, tried to stay out of a fight that did not involve him although it was between his girl and two of his best friends, and made the first step to go over and talk with Amber and Jim only to get attacked for choosing to stay out of all of it.  And Amber is ashamed of him?  Bitch needs to look in the mirror. 

• Love 4

Jim is really out of control.....I think he spent all damn day on twitter, responding sarcastically like a 14 year old girl. 

James Marchese @JLMarchese111  ·  24m
@RHFanClub1 I am shallow, what was the quote, "I could never lived in a used house."  Yeah i am shallow

After all the stuff Gorga said to his sister, you really think we are bad?  Too funny.

Bobby had two girls on the side, he keeps one in a condo in Florida...#clueless

Seton hall law 2001 Graduate. And I passed the NJ BAR.  Enjoy the show God Bless

Anyone know if the last can be confirmed? lol. 

Oh wait....with this grammar, I find it all quite suspect, ahahahahahah

James Marchese
‏@JLMarchese111
@AllAboutTRH @daniellestaub Very Surprised RHONJ cast was kind and friendly to Amber and I.  The people on Twitter were very gracious.

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 3

Some more gems:

In response to this tweet to him 

Do y'all notice Bobby doesn't speak poorly of anyone. I am sure he could say lots!!

Jim countered 

Yes he does and he sues the funbag twins to help #clueless

No because I got him and funbags on show and they crossed me

Also....lol

ciminal/civil cases I follow.  Gorga was arrested in DR for fight, being sued in NJ for same

Try the later article were the gov't was found wrong and I was awarded money.  Try the truth

Ok. The gov't was not 'wrong' Jim....the judge in the case still chastised him for not coming forward much sooner (IMO alluding to the fact he only did it after the company passed him over and he got pissed). 

No dumbass, I will use little words, Judge said DOJ was wrong about that and awarded me millions look for 2008 article

Not "millions" either, jackhole. It was 1.7, IIRC. 

Mel B ‏  22m
@Bobby247 @BlackhawkBaby4 @JLMarchese111 stop making accusations about Bobby. Jim act like a fucking man instead of a high school bitch

An accusation would suggest he did not show me pictures from his phone or knew when he was w/her

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 3

I don't understand Tiny Jim's strategy here. Answering every sour tweet by heaping dirt onto his castmates?? Am I supposed to be like, "You know, the tiny elf is right. Bobby having a side chick in Florida makes me like Jim more!". In his haste to sling mud on everyone, he's getting a ton of it on himself.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 8

Seriously, I haven't run into a Jim type since middle school. "Oh yeah! If you think Bobby's so great, he made our gym class dodgeball team lose AAAAAAND he's not taking his actual girlfriend to the 8th grade dance, he's inviting her best friend instead! so there!!"

• Love 6
(edited)

I love the way some of his tweets show he's been watching this show all along. From the very beginning most likely. Tre made the comment about not living in a "used house" way back in season one, maybe the first episode.

This little dirtbag is actually making himself look even worse with every tweet, if that's possible. Such a moron.

If he's so proud about graduating law school and passing the bar, I wish someone would tell him to tweet a pic to prove it. Also, ask him why he's NOT admitted to the bar in NJ. 

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 7
(edited)

Holy crap, I just checked his Twitter for the first time. After being suspended, he came back Monday night and tweeted about 125 tweets just from around 8 pm to midnight.

Then, Tuesday he did almost 150 tweets between noon and 10 pm. And, he just tweeted a couple of more at around 1 am, the last one being a Happy Birthday to Amber.

If this marriage survives, I will be shocked. It must be a living hell to be with someone like him.

Btw, he makes many grammatical and spelling mistakes, as already noted. Someone pointed out,  (I think in the episode thread), that he said "cord" when he meant "chord". I didn't even read most of the tweets, but as I skimmed them just now, I noticed that he said "idealized" when he meant "idolized" (people on TV). What a moron.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2

Jim is really out of control.....I think he spent all damn day on twitter, responding sarcastically like a 14 year old girl.

After reading these tweets, suspending him would be kind.   Every tweet makes him look more and more foolish.

And while I still find Richard Wakile to be the most disgusting HH, Jim is quickly climbing the ladder.   I never thought I would say this in a million years, but I will take Joe Gorga over Jim any day.  I have seen the light, Bravo.  I will never complain about Joe Gorga again. 

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 7

Holy crap, I just checked his Twitter for the first time. After being suspended, he came back Monday night and tweeted about 125 tweets just from around 8 pm to midnight.

Then, Tuesday he did almost 150 tweets between noon and 10 pm. And, he just tweeted a couple of more at around 1 am, the last one being a Happy Birthday to Amber.

tumblr_mm0vheVXgS1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

• Love 11

Isn't he breaking all sorts of fourth walls? WTF?

I'd say so. 

The bitch is really into breaking balls whether someone's got 'em or not, whether they deserve it or not.  Where is Joe Pesci from Goodfellas! Tommy could teach wee little Jimmy the weasel  some manners. Just sayin'.

• Love 3

Watching this meltdown in real time is almost more entertaining than the tv show. Someone hook up this dude to more social media!

I wonder if he knows about this board and is reading our comments. I hope so. Maybe he'll join and rip us all an new one. If so, I hope I see his hysterical ranting post before it's deleted, LOL

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow, I see after my last post here last night Tiny Jim continued to tweet like crazy until almost 3 am. Then, he picked it back up at 10:45 this morning. Get a freaking life.

Yet another spelling issue:

James Marchese @JLMarchese111  ·  15h
@TNBeliever Why a weazel why not some other mammal, What did the weazels do to you anyway. Have a good day.
Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 5