Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Modern Wedding

• Start Topic

The designers hear wedding bells as they are tasked with creating a three-look modern bridal collection -- in teams of two. While some teams work well together, others bicker and fight to have their voices heard, and in the end, an unprecedented decision by the judges leaves everyone in shock.

The unprecedented decision that will leave everyone in shock ... will be revealed next episode.🤨

Looks like Andrea P. is always the bridesmaid but never the bride. I'm happy for Joshua, I like him a lot, Lucie did a great job too.

• Love 1

This show is really boring me. Why didn't Awwndrea get in trouble for effing up the seamstress packet and then making Olivia sew everything?  & Ally/Andrea noticed the lack of Ally in their garments, worked well, and changed gears to do the pants/suit.  I think the whole "we don't see you thing" was just to get them out. Not really a fan of Olivia, but I think she got screwed, and I kind of like Ally but it's clear that they don't. 

• Love 13

I knew who the winner would be when Heidi kept saying the dress would sell well.  I disagreed with her - I really liked the groom's look.  Josh and Lucie had a good collaboration.

Ally and Andrea did a good job too but the feathery jumpsuit was a variation on the pants from the resort wear challenge last week, I thought.

7 hours ago, akg said:

I feel like they dropped the gorgeous print from the fabric which is too bad. From the pictures, the dress looks all white. 

Yeah, it's listed as "graphic white", which is too bad, I liked it much better with the print. 

The wedding dress from the Andrea/Olivia pairing I did like, but the other looks - meh.

Glad Gary and Raf were safe because I like them both, though I wasn't wowed by anything they did.

• Love 4

I'm seeing Lucie doing everything unstructured, V-neck with vertical pleats running down from the shoulder.  Her wedding dress was nice, but it and the accessible dress are both a very similar silhouette to the dress she did before (that the model had to hold together.)   The gown  just had extended sleeves and a long skirt.  

I HATED that stupid Pharrell Ranger-style hat that Aly was wearing.   They look so stupid to me, no matter who you are.

3 hours ago, raven said:

Ally and Andrea did a good job too but the feathery jumpsuit was a variation on the pants from the resort wear challenge last week, I thought.

Yes!  I thought it was the same fabric, and was wondering why none of the judges said anything.   I don't like Andrea, I think she's pushy and domineering, but Ally let herself be a door mat.  And sorry, twisted-crotch pants don't look good on anybody!  

I was feeling sorry for Olivia, but like Ally, she just let herself be used.  If you don't SAY something to your partner, it's your own damn fault if it doesn't work out.  

• Love 5
23 hours ago, leighdear said:

I HATED that stupid Pharrell Ranger-style hat that Aly was wearing.   They look so stupid to me, no matter who you are.

In general, when I see someone (Master Chef Junior comes to mind) that always wears a hat, it just seems like an affectation.  Annoying.  Also, the feathered jumpsuit was totally a throw back to the earlier look, not impressed, and I like Andrea.

For some reason, I just found this episode really boring, even with the 'drama' of working in teams.  I don't think the designs were very interesting.  But Olivia's team should have at least put a shirt on the rocker, sorry. 

And I know some had 2 women getting married, but I don't think anyone did 2 men? Interesting.

I like that on Amazon they showed the look on models size small and extra-large.  Good for them!

• Love 6

There seems to be a big problem with the seamstresses doing things wrong or not finishing the work. And then some of the designers don’t know how to sew, like Andrea. As much as I find Olivia annoying I felt sorry for her having to do so much more than Andrea, who also effed up the packet. 
And why did Tim call out Gary for doing a similar look last week but Andrea and Ally got away with another hairy feather collection. I also felt bad for Ally, Andrea kind of nixted every idea Ally had so that’s why the judges didn’t see her in their looks. 
The right team won. 

• Love 8
On 7/26/2021 at 12:00 PM, Straycat80 said:

There seems to be a big problem with the seamstresses doing things wrong or not finishing the work. And then some of the designers don’t know how to sew, like Andrea. As much as I find Olivia annoying I felt sorry for her having to do so much more than Andrea, who also effed up the packet. 
And why did Tim call out Gary for doing a similar look last week but Andrea and Ally got away with another hairy feather collection. I also felt bad for Ally, Andrea kind of nixted every idea Ally had so that’s why the judges didn’t see her in their looks. 
The right team won. 

Based on last season, the main problem may be both a lack of communication, and giving the seamstresses too much to do in a short period of time. Last year, the woman who was the second elimination had a lot of problems knowing how to effectively let the seamstresses know what she wanted. I think that Olivia would have had problems in this area, ,especially since she didn't know how to talk to people in a professional way.

• Love 3

I felt bad for Olivia who had to pick up the slack from Andrea.  

I also thought Andrea's wedding jumpsuit (the other Andrea) looked like one of her designs from the first week-the one that looked like there were straws or icicles coming out of the pants.

• Love 1

How do you keep asking for something modern and different and the claim the designs don't fit the challenge? They clearly have rather strict parameters for what constitutes wedding attire so spell it out. 

• Love 5
On 7/23/2021 at 1:11 PM, heckkitty said:

I think the whole "we don't see you thing" was just to get them out. 

Agreed.  They pushed this narrative from the very beginning of the episode before Ally had even created anything.  So annoying.

• Love 1

So we have two unisex streetwear designers, Ally and Oliva.  Ally doesn't push streetwear enough, and gets criticized for "not being seen".  Oliva pushes the streetwear for the groom's punk rock black leather suit, and gets criticized for it not being a wedding look.  Geez, people.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that streetwear and wedding don't occupy the same fashion sense.  So to have the "we want to see your brand" as part of the challenge disadvantages Ally and Olivia from the start.  I think the better challenge is to go beyond/outside your brand every once in a while.  I'd be more impressed with Ally or Olivia designing an over the top princess-worthy wedding gown than to try and jam streetwear and wedding into the same box.  If they had a streetwear challenge but told designers they still had to stay "on brand" what would bridal Andrea be able to come up with that would satisfy the judges?

Side note: I didn't understand Ally's background inspiration story at all.  So your mom took you to sample sales so you could get stuff "no one" had, and then they show a picture of young Ally in a black t-shirt.  oooh, no one's seen that before on a teenage girl!  And, as noted above, the Pharell style hat looks stupid.  On everyone.

The show needs to explain a bit more about the seamstress duties. How much time do they have?  Do they provide an explanation when and entire dress comes back undone?  If Andrea forgot to put "all the threads" in the bag, how did some pieces come back sewn? 

I have to wonder if Oliva really never said anything about having to do her sewing, 1/2 of Andrea's sewing since Andrea can't sew, and about 3/4 of the seamstress' sewing since Andrea forgot to put the thread in the bag.  I have to think she would have, but it got edited out because where's the fun in that?

I think this design challenge was manufactured to create a face off between the two similar designers.  I truly doubt brain trust Heidi came up with this on her own, took it up the production chain to get approval for an additional episode, etc. all on the fly.  It was planned.  Very planned.

• Love 3