Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E06: Power of Veto #2

• Start Topic

All French Fry is doing is insuring his eviction.  He's so annoying.

Britni needs to chill.  She needs to recognize she was not the target, get over it and move on.  You need allies.

Fun looking veto.  Nice seeing Frenchy on his butt.  Is he the only one who figured out the SPF clue?  Close but no cigar.

Ky had a good veto strategy, but Derex is a beast.

I didn't realize Claire was that tall.

French Fry is worse than a whining teenager.  His "deal" is going nowhere.

Deref is not smart clinging to a sinking cow pie.

• Love 8

Britini, girl. Calm the fuck down! I hadn’t really been annoyed by her previously though I know others had, but tonight I could not stand her whining and yelling! Kyland’s reason for nominating you made total sense and you are completely safe! I notice that she didn’t seem to realize that when Kyland said she was the only person who did not name Frenchie as a possible nominee that that meant her teammates had

• Love 13

I was just about to also point out that Britni has autism.

Derek X needs to be careful. Him being a comp beast is going to put some laser focus on him.

Last episode thread folks were discussing who some of the HGs looking like (famous people) and tonight during the veto comp Claire, with her hair up, looked like Jenna Elfman.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

It is weird to join a game like this without even the thought entering your mind once that you might be put on the block.

Claire's face looks like Joss Stone mixed with Lauren Graham's, I think.

Now I'm even more confident that Hannah looks like Nicki Minaj.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

I know it's too early, but man I'd pay money for a double eviction tomorrow night ( if it's the 2 on the block right now, that is !). I find both nominees to be very annoying. But I guess I'll settle for Frenchie getting the boot, he's pretty bad on his own. 

Kind of surprising that they are the only 2 that I find hard to tolerate right now. But I'm sure, as time goes on, some of the others will start to annoy, there's no way we can end up like 80 % of the cast at the end of summer, is there ?  :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Britni, it's a GAME. You're playing a GAME. This isn't life or death neither you or Brandon are going to be executed on live teevee tomorrow. You're also just about as safe as anyone because you are sitting on the block with someone who has a lonnnng list of reasons to be sent home. You're just one less vote to prevent that from happening. Chill.

Boy did Derek F fall in my estimation tonight. I realize you're on Brandon's "team" that doesn't mean you have to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight. Realize when the ship is sinking and get the hell off before you drown with shackled to ole Cap'n French.

Also Derek X is a beast!

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It is weird to join a game like this without even the thought entering your mind once that you might be put on the block.

I got to enjoy the show tonight in the company of the only one of my daughters who's as big a BB fan as I am. I loved it.

1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

We both agreed on how weird it is when houseguests act stunned and horrified when they're put on the block, especially as pawns. I understand why they're not thrilled, but some of them act like someone just murdered their dog, which is especially ridiculous when they're someone who spent the whole game helping put others on the block. 

Sorry for the mystery quote box. I cannot delete it. 

1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Fun looking veto.  Nice seeing Frenchy on his butt.  Is he the only one who figured out the SPF clue?  Close but no cigar.

Yes, I was impressed he picked up on that. 

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

I actually felt a little bad for Frenchie tonight, although not for the reasons he thinks people should feel bad for him (his kids, his honor, his awesome ability at the game being snuffed too soon.)  It's almost like he came into the game with a list of "Big Brother Moments" he wanted to accomplish and tried to do everything at once.  Win HOH - check.  Start an alliance - check x's 5 or 6.  Blow up an alliance - check.  Sacrifice himself for a teammate - attempted.   The only problem is, for any of it to be iconic, any of these things would have needed to be successful.  Saying you have an alliance that is never tested or used to accomplish anything (other than alienating everyone) is nothing.  "Blowing up" that same alliance is nothing when it has zero impact on anyone's game.  I feel bad because I do believe he is a fan and he is going to be excoriated by the fandom.  It was just all too much too soon.  I won't be sorry to see him go.  Hopefully we'll get some actually interesting and honest dynamics once his energy is gone.

Forgot to say that it seemed to me his "giving up" and having Derek F and company try to cheer him up to fight on was his really sad attempt at a "Frenchie's Funeral" moment.  It just made me cringe.

Edited by leocadia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, willco said:

Kind of surprising that they are the only 2 that I find hard to tolerate right now. But I'm sure, as time goes on, some of the others will start to annoy, there's no way we can end up like 80 % of the cast at the end of summer, is there ?  :)

I don't know if I can see myself warming to Alyssa or (Christian?). Especially the latter.  They are acting like Prom King and Queen which is mostly Christian's fault.

Tiffany looked amaaaaaaaaazing in the Baywatch uniform. I mean holy shit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

When there was 5 minutes left in the episode and Frenchie's team was convinving him that not all was lost and there was still hope I was like no way he pulls a Hail Mary out of his hat. He didn't even float a viable candidate to take his place on the block and why that person should be there.

I won't lie...I wanted Frenchie to win the veto just to see how he would spin reneging on his pledge to take Britini off the block.

Speaking of Britni...if she can look as good as she did at the veto ceremony...why is she going  out of the way to look the opposite every other episode we've seen her in?

I love Hannah but she has one posistion....horizontal whether it be on the couch, in a bed or now in the hammock.

Edited by North of Eden
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

My favourite line of the episode comes from Frenchie: "I AM the house." 

😁😁😁😁

ETA. I also loved Derekf pretending to be asleep when Frenchie was blowing up their alliance. I mean what else can you do when your closest ally is a froot loop dingus? 

Oh, and Ky trying to have a serious strategy talk with Alyssa, completely ignoring the fact she's a mummy wrapped in toilet paper. Hilarious. 

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I wonder if Frenchie's game can be classified as a, "Get woke, go broke.", scenario. 

I really liked the whole Brent and Hannah accent segment.  Mainly because I am from the same state as Brent and I have the same dreaded horrible accent.  I probably have it a little worse.  Plus Hannah trying to do the Rhode Island/Boston accent was really cute.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, leocadia said:

I actually felt a little bad for Frenchie tonight, although not for the reasons he thinks people should feel bad for him (his kids, his honor, his awesome ability at the game being snuffed too soon.)  It's almost like he came into the game with a list of "Big Brother Moments" he wanted to accomplish and tried to do everything at once.  Win HOH - check.  Start an alliance - check x's 5 or 6.  Blow up an alliance - check.  Sacrifice himself for a teammate - attempted.   The only problem is, for any of it to be iconic, any of these things would have needed to be successful.  Saying you have an alliance that is never tested or used to accomplish anything (other than alienating everyone) is nothing.  "Blowing up" that same alliance is nothing when it has zero impact on anyone's game.  I feel bad because I do believe he is a fan and he is going to be excoriated by the fandom.  It was just all too much too soon.  I won't be sorry to see him go.  Hopefully we'll get some actually interesting and honest dynamics once his energy is gone.

Forgot to say that it seemed to me his "giving up" and having Derek F and company try to cheer him up to fight on was his really sad attempt at a "Frenchie's Funeral" moment.  It just made me cringe.

I feel exactly the same. 

Toilet paper Birthday mummy made me laugh so hard. Xavier trying to wrap her body in toilet paper and failing was hilarious,  almost as funny as Ky speaking to Alyssa very seriously as her entire head is wrapped in toilet paper 

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 2
(edited)

Frenchie is dumbassery personified. Nothing interesting is going to happen until he's gone. I'm waiting to see who becomes the big target afterwards. I'm thinking Derek X might be in trouble. He doesn't seem to be strongly aligned with anyone in particular. Derek F and Britini can go anytime, they are both annoying and kind of dumb.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

FRENCHIE:  I literally left it all out there on the [competition] floor!

And you literally could beat only one of your five competitors.  (Alyssa.)  Even Claire, who was throwing the comp, beat you by three seconds.  Way to go, stud!

You know Frenchie is dead meat when they showed his trying to pitch Kyland on a backdoor…and they couldn't even come up with a credible candidate for said backdooring. It's possible that Britini might meltdown enough (or Grodner might rig something) for Brandon to stay…but I wouldn't bet any significant amount of $$ on it.  JMO.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

what is there to stop TPTB from having an opportunity for Frenchie and the next few that are evicted from having an opportunity to compete to get back into the game?

Maybe a four piece puzzles of themselves?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1