joanne3482 July 31, 2014 Share July 31, 2014 Sometimes it is fun to just talk about what we mess up in the kitchen! Years ago I was making my favorite chocolate/vanilla marble cheesecake. I don't know why I presumed the unlabeled plastic bowl full of white grains was sugar, but I used probably about a cup of it in the cheesecake. It wasn't until I took it to my friends (for Thanksgiving dessert no less) that I discovered it wasn't sugar. It was salt. So awful. All the guys I was having Thanksgiving dinner with felt the need to try it. Boys will eat anything apparently. Same group of friends but I was making chocolate chip cookies that were gluten free. GF cooking can require the use of xanthan gum to make things chewy and help hold things together. Well I used too much. WAY too much. The chocolate chip bar cookies turned out more like chocolate chip cookie flavored chewing gum. It was almost unswallowable. One of the guys from the cheesecake incident actually liked them! He kept the pan and I believe ate them all. 2 Link to comment
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.