Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

20 hours ago, TB12 said:

You could knock me over with a feather telling me that is Megan C! I thought it was an ad! How did you even find this pic? She looks like a much older lady…

It was one of those pictures (Getty images?) that get posted from the games. Someone who used to post here a lot, Oranaiche, used the image for her avatar 😆

Edited by ByTor
  • LOL 8
22 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think Megan C is one of the most gorgeous of all time, and look how the camera caught her once. If it could happen to her, it could happen to anybody.

image.png.982f5ce99a9041c1d6053b9e5c5709da.png

It happened to Kat too....

Screenshot_20210818-174622_Instagram.jpg

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

If she was undernourished or anorexic she would not be capable of the bomb performances we see from her. Concerns expressed are understandable but I think we have to give her credit as a dancer athlete and veteran that she knows what she is doing.

This is not necessarily true -- there are plenty of anorexic dancers (and other athletes) who continue to have endurance and give great performances for years until their body finally gives out on them -- heart damage, joint damage,  osteoporosis,  etc.  I'm not saying Gina is anorexic, but having the endurance to do a football game and do outstanding solos doesn't mean she isn't either.  Her pictures are worrying (but,  again, hard to tell from pics alone), but as someone else said,  you see the ribs of all the girls in these types of pics.  What bothers me in this pic, is this very bony bone jutting out.  This is not seen in all of other girls. Does it mean something is wrong? Who knows. 

Screenshot_20210818-173930_Chrome.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Not saying it's the same as Gina, but I always noticed Alexis had a bony protrusion.  Some people have it, others not so much.

I have seen a similar protrusion from spina bifida occulta.  It causes mild malformations like that en utero.

Eh, there’s days I’m happy to see my collarbones when I look in a mirror.

Thank you for bringing back that Megan C photo. I can’t be the only one who would see that avatar and blow it up to giggle at it. And I was and still am a huge fan, she was one of my favorites no matter how she looked in that uniform. That woman could sell a dance!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

Not saying it's the same as Gina, but I always noticed Alexis had a bony protrusion.  Some people have it, others not so much.

alexispetersonn_1486254429.jpg

alexispetersonn_1559520614_1.jpg

alexispetersonn_1628558632.jpg

alexispetersonn_1602432126.jpg

Wow the girl on the left in the top photo looks like she is centimeters away from a wardrobe malfunction.  Her bottoms are even lower than the DCC shorts!  Never knew the Mavs dancers outfits were THAT skimpy!

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Wow the girl on the left in the top photo looks like she is centimeters away from a wardrobe malfunction.  Her bottoms are even lower than the DCC shorts!  Never knew the Mavs dancers outfits were THAT skimpy!

2B9DF315-76BD-43D5-AC29-56408A3CF5FD.jpeg

• Useful 1

So from this photo I have tried to figure out the triangle with Gina as point, some of these may be wrong especially the blondes at the back but this is my best guest.

Pink- Rookies

Red- 2nd year Vets

Green- 3rd year Vets

Orange- 4th year Vets

Blue- 5th year Vets

Purple outline- Showgroup

236146539_4600386253304737_7048151718175789300_n.jpg

Screenshot 2021-08-19 at 09.25.17.png

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, MegzClarkie said:

So from this photo I have tried to figure out the triangle with Gina as point, some of these may be wrong especially the blondes at the back but this is my best guest.

Pink- Rookies

Red- 2nd year Vets

Green- 3rd year Vets

Orange- 4th year Vets

Blue- 5th year Vets

Thinking back to Judy's comments about putting the powerful dancers on the outside of the triangle, (a comment supported by the choice of veterans in that position), it looks like she rates Rebecca, Kaydiana, Tyra and Kliene highly.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

This is not necessarily true -- there are plenty of anorexic dancers (and other athletes) who continue to have endurance and give great performances for years until their body finally gives out on them -- heart damage, joint damage,  osteoporosis,  etc.  I'm not saying Gina is anorexic, but having the endurance to do a football game and do outstanding solos doesn't mean she isn't either.  Her pictures are worrying (but,  again, hard to tell from pics alone), but as someone else said,  you see the ribs of all the girls in these types of pics.  What bothers me in this pic, is this very bony bone jutting out.  This is not seen in all of other girls. Does it mean something is wrong? Who knows. 

Screenshot_20210818-173930_Chrome.jpg

I am surprised to read that. My thoughts are that undernourished or anorexic people would not have the energy to sustain the level of performance we see from Gina particularly over a 4 hour game. I remember Bridget passing out in the kick line at rehearsal because she had missed a single meal and Kelli lecturing them all on making sure they ate before rehearsals and games. The pictures I see of Gina's ribs are always when she is animated and fully extended with arms above head and body elongated. They are often just as visible on the other girls in that  pose as well. Yes, she is thin, lean and athletic but anorexic and undernourished no.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

I am surprised to read that. My thoughts are that undernourished or anorexic people would not have the energy to sustain the level of performance we see from Gina particularly over a 4 hour game. I remember Bridget passing out in the kick line at rehearsal because she had missed a single meal and Kelli lecturing them all on making sure they ate before rehearsals and games. The pictures I see of Gina's ribs are always when she is animated and fully extended with arms above head and body elongated. They are often just as visible on the other girls in that  pose as well. Yes, she is thin, lean and athletic but anorexic and undernourished no.

Her arms aren’t over her head here. 

16C9A2DD-FEA3-401A-A9A3-62A83BB8252C.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

Pink- Rookies

Red- 2nd year Vets

Green- 3rd year Vets

Orange- 4th year Vets

Blue- 5th year Vets

Wow, go Marissa and Claire!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

Pink- Rookies

Red- 2nd year Vets

Green- 3rd year Vets

Orange- 4th year Vets

Blue- 5th year Vets

I'm looking forward to seeing the second years on the field. With so many of them on the outside, I expect they're pretty powerful and solid. 

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the second years on the field. With so many of them on the outside, I expect they're pretty powerful and solid. 

They got a solid group of rookies last year, regardless of how the show was.  I think most of them are outstanding, love seeing so many of them shining on the front edge of the triangle!

• Love 18
10 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

Pink- Rookies

Red- 2nd year Vets

Green- 3rd year Vets

Orange- 4th year Vets

Blue- 5th year Vets

Super excited to see the rookies shine this year! The 4 they put on the outside were some of my faves going into TC!

• Love 9
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Go Claire!!! 👏 💫🌟 😉

YES!!!!  I agree with you!!!   I wish they would swap Armani with Marissa ~ she's sooo much fun to watch!!! (Armani)   And I absolutely love to watch Claire! 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MrsPriss said:

Unless you’re aware of a woman’s eating habits, it’s extremely dangerous to raise speculation of an eating disorder. It is entirely possible to be that physically fit and to not have a disorder. 
Some of y’all that get upset at Kelli for picking apart these ladies’ figures over the duration of this tv show sure are doing a great job of doing the same here. Just saying.

To be fair, the community didn’t randomly bring it up. A very trusted and reliable insider did. I get where you’re coming from and have struggled personally with the ethics of continuing to discuss it, but some of the photos are a bit alarming and after all — this is a forum dedicated to discussing the ladies. I myself am guilty of speculating but more from a mental health standpoint and wishing Gina the very best. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think anyone here is picking apart Gina’s figure out of anything other than genuine concern for her well being. When I’ve commented it’s bc I’m really worried about her.

Kelli using terms like thut, drumstick thighs… is not concern it’s for a TV moment. In my opinion the two are vastly different.

I think this person is talking abt how everyone posts pictures of them a draws circles on their body ect 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I think this person is talking abt how everyone posts pictures of them a draws circles on their body ect 

I've have been trying to fight Gina's corner on this but even that keeps the debate fired and I think it is time to put these concerns aside until the Season airs on CMT. Things will be clearer then and if there are concern within DCC, which I doubt, they will come to light.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

As much as I would like to see more awareness about being underweight as being overweight on the show, I don’t have faith in TPTB to handle it properly based on Kelsey’s first camp in season 6?  7? If anything, I hope they did an off camera uniform check and just told Gina that she was looking too slim on camera, and to get back to her audition weight. Aka bootie like a shelf and less sinewy. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

I've have been trying to fight Gina's corner on this but even that keeps the debate fired and I think it is time to put these concerns aside until the Season airs on CMT. Things will be clearer then and if there are concern within DCC, which I doubt, they will come to light.

That's laughable (that if there are concerns within DCC, they'll come to light on national tv -- at least I hope Kelli would have the decency to do it in private). If it becomes a performance or publicity problem (or Kelli decides she doesn't like how she looks), they'll address it (hopefully in private).

Do I think she is anorexic? No. Do I think she is over exercising (and probably not getting the proper nutrition for all that exercise)? Her stomach area sure looks like it. Does that means there is a problem? Who knows.

For better or worse, this is a DCC forum and the girls looks, actions, etc. will be scrutinized and picked apart. Gina's not the first and won't be the last. Right or wrong, it's going to happen. If it's really bothering someone, this is probably not the place to be.

• Love 14

I'd like to clarify that I am not particularly concerned with if Gina has an eating disorder, or if she is simply overexercising, or whatever is going on with her health. She has more than enough resources around her to diagnose and treat any medical or mental issues without me dissecting what I think is going on with her on an internet forum. I also find that kind of speculation a bit uncomfortable, as someone who previously struggled with an eating disorder but whose body didn't fit the normal image of said disorder. It just goes to show that what's going on with people is not normally diagnosable by anyone looking in without insight from the person it's going on with.

My issue is the issue that Gina's body type sends to young girls. While Gina is an extremely talented and skilled dancer, she is quite thin these days. I know lots of young dancers look up to the DCC and seek to emulate them, and I do not want them trying to become so thin when that may not be their natural body type and could be highly detrimental to their health.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

Pink- Rookies

Red- 2nd year Vets

Green- 3rd year Vets

Orange- 4th year Vets

Blue- 5th year Vets

Idk why but this got me so excited to see the next era of the team + points. There's SO much potential! I have a feeling next years rookies & on are going to create a bada** team that stays there consistently, for years and years. Girls have been dropping like flies after 2018 but I'm hopeful they'll be like the team in previous years where mostly everyone goes for 5 years. Not facts obviously but what I'm praying for!!! 

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 4

Gina girl please read this and that while your build is naturally thin and muscular, and you're extra DCC fit, IT IS TIME TO STOP WITH THE EXCESSIVE PHOTOSHOPPING. I feel like there wouldn't be so much obsession over her if she didn't do the drastic editing to make herself look stringier than she is.

• Love 16
19 hours ago, MegzClarkie said:

Pink- Rookies

Red- 2nd year Vets

Green- 3rd year Vets

Orange- 4th year Vets

Blue- 5th year Vets

Interesting how Tori is not in the end of the triangle (where Kleine and Rebecca are)

Maybe Kleine and Rebecca are stronger dancers in DCC style but Tori is better in other show group dances. (And her already having fans is also a plus)

• Love 5
17 hours ago, KoKo said:

YES!!!!  I agree with you!!!   I wish they would swap Armani with Marissa ~ she's sooo much fun to watch!!! (Armani)   And I absolutely love to watch Claire! 

I see these three Claire, Marissa and Armani in front triangle in two years. I am kind of hoping Lexie, Rachel and Gina retire after this year. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, DancerMom said:

I see these three Claire, Marissa and Armani in front triangle in two years. I am kind of hoping Lexie, Rachel and Gina retire after this year. 

I was really surprised to see Lexie do a 5th year, considering her years on the Mavs. I often think those who've not come from other NFL/NBA teams stay longer.

I think Gina, Lexie, Erin, Taylor, Madeline and Kristin will retire after this season, possibly Kat, Jalyn, Caroline and Jessica too. I could potentially see someone like Claire retire too as I imagine there will be more dance jobs going during the next year if everything returns to 'normal'.

Rachel will stay so she can have solo point but I would love to see Ashlee given a shot, maybe with Amber/Chandi/Kelcey in the diamond. 

I wonder if any of the new rookies will be a one and done. I don't know enough about any of them to know! It will be interesting to see on the show who is super strong and who just squeaked into the final 36.

I wonder if Lisa and VK will make it back too. VK is basically a shoo-in but I've never really been a big Lisa fan either but TPTB seem to like her. Will Daphne return or is she done for good?

• Love 7
On 8/19/2021 at 4:00 PM, aimeelou625 said:

They got a solid group of rookies last year, regardless of how the show was.  I think most of them are outstanding, love seeing so many of them shining on the front edge of the triangle!

See… that’s my whole issue with this specific group… it’s nothing personal, but I know so little about them and have seen even less. There were only a few appearances (apart from MTT) and in those, they were usually masked which made it even more difficult to recognise them. I have no clue whether they are good but if people out here say they are, I’ll happily take your word for that.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Yikes! I can't tell if the lighter skin that's sticking out from the bottom of Gina's top is underboob or her bony ribs poking out!

I could say the exact same about the girl to our right of Gina her left under boob looks like its poping out a little

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I could potentially see someone like Claire retire too as I imagine there will be more dance jobs going during the next year if everything returns to 'normal'

😭

Rachel will stay so she can have solo point

😞

VK is basically a shoo-in

🙄

Agree with you on points 2 and 3. Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it though lol. 

Edited by Lona
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Rachel will stay so she can have solo point 

Not sure they're going back to solo point anytime soon. They could have done it last year with Amy retiring (and their really not even being on the field except for the video), but instead chose to have Maddie & Rachel. And they could have done it this year with Maddie retiring, but chose to have Rachel & Gina instead. If they were ever going to give Rachel solo point, this year would have made the most sense. For whatever reason, dual point seems to be their new preferred formation.

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

For whatever reason, dual point seems to be their new preferred formation.

They probably figured it was time for 'something new' after doing this signature dance for X (how many exactly??) numbers of years. Why bother choreographing a whole new dance if you can 'revamp' it this way?

• Love 4

I really wish I could get excited about this season but I’m just not. Like others, I don’t feel any attachment to last years rookies and I know we haven’t seen the show yet but from stalking Instagram, I already feel the same about this years. 

Dare I say it but part of me is missing Victoria. At least I know a bit of who she is! 🙈

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, DancerMom said:

I wonder how Marissa getting married is going to affect her tenure. I think she'll stay, but I assume her date is post-Super Bowl just in case?

image.thumb.png.ef5ac5f769163c0e6f4fe474db1cc967.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Everyone,there is a new long promo for the new season on the dccmakingtheteam Instagram!! Maybe I am optimistic but it looks good

Edited by katC
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11