Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, bruh said:

This "nepotism runs the Cowboys and entire world" crusade is becoming real tiresome and conspiratorial to me. Someone's interpretation of the Cowboys' purpose is theirs and theirs alone, so I don't think it's fair to say "no one could ever argue". I also remain fascinated by people's perceived understanding of a multi-billion dollar organization's purpose and operations when they have no association whatsoever. I don't think anyone here besides @ShellyB has any real insight into qualifications of potential applicants or what the DCC desires in an assistant director. It just feels like to me that some don't agree with the decisions that are being made or they think will be made within the Dallas Cowboys for whatever reasons and chalk it up to unfair business practice or the incompetence of leadership to cope. I don't really have any investment in who they choose, but believe that whoever they pick will have what they believe is most necessary and that's all that matters to me. At the end of day, I don't know what goes on within the Dallas Cowboys or have any say (for good reason). Would be pleased if Jackie was chosen though. Think I saw someone say she got a shot at it. She's sick.

Totally agree.  It’s run just like any other family business: construction companies, bakeries, accounting firms, etc. NFL teams are just at a larger, more public level. Who’s going to know the family business best other than someone who was raised in it? Who’s going to let all that money that slip through their hands by hiring outside the fold? No one! 

Except if your kids are complete crap. Just ask the previous owner of the Carolina Panthers who fired his sons and sold the franchise. Or Denver’s owner who put the team in a trust and then stipulated that his kids had to work for it (ie obtain the education and background to run a business) and when one of his daughters actually accomplished that, she was still turned down by the trust. Or in Chicago, where none of the 11 children of the current owner really want to be involved in the family business. I find the family dynamics of the uber-wealthy endlessly fascinating. Rich people! They are just as messed up as the rest of us! Maybe even more so! 😂 

Agreed about Jackie Bob! She’s one I wish would come back. Always love watching her in the older seasons. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Totally agree.  It’s run just like any other family business: construction companies, bakeries, accounting firms, etc. NFL teams are just at a larger, more public level. Who’s going to know the family business best other than someone who was raised in it? Who’s going to let all that money that slip through their hands by hiring outside the fold? No one! 

Except if your kids are complete crap. Just ask the previous owner of the Carolina Panthers who fired his sons and sold the franchise. Or Denver’s owner who put the team in a trust and then stipulated that his kids had to work for it (ie obtain the education and background to run a business) and when one of his daughters actually accomplished that, she was still turned down by the trust. Or in Chicago, where none of the 11 children of the current owner really want to be involved in the family business. I find the family dynamics of the uber-wealthy endlessly fascinating. Rich people! They are just as messed up as the rest of us! Maybe even more so! 😂 

Agreed about Jackie Bob! She’s one I wish would come back. Always love watching her in the older seasons. 

Great analysis and research... I wonder what the long generational Lions owner (Ford's widow)  has planned.. the adults kids are "involved" but the team....

Steelers too.. another long multi-generation family ownership

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

If I may add...

If what Shelly says is true (and why wouldn't it be) why is there suddenly a need for an assistant director after 30+ years of not having one? What is necessitating the need for one?

This news is suspicious.

There’s a lot of work that can and should be done on the marketing side. Website development, better quality social media posts. Maybe there’s a better way to book appearances as well. I imagine the show takes a lot of Kelly’s bandwidth, so perhaps some of that heavy lifting could go to an assistant director or let Kelly filly focus on it while the assistant takes care of the rest. 

The show has been airing so long I imagine they have it pretty well set, but social media is vastly different now. Just speculating tho! 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, sATL said:

some people do retire earlier , in their late 50s, now - while they are still young and healthy enough to do stuff like travel.

I’m planning on retiring at 50! Maybe 51 depending on what my retirement account is at. Right now, market is just so-so 😕

But that’s because I no longer like my job. I can barely tolerate it.  But if Kelli loves it, I say stay! Why not?!  Even late 50s is so young. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, sATL said:

Great analysis and research... I wonder what the long generational Lions owner (Ford's widow)  has planned.. the adults kids are "involved" but the team....

Steelers too.. another long multi-generation family ownership

Yep! That’s my team! The Rooney family. Pioneer of the Rooney Rule. Not too much (publicized) drama there. Helped that Dan Rooney had a good head on his shoulders full of Irish pragmatism. Not that there aren’t skeletons in the closet, I’m sure. 

Im fascinated people who are rich enough to just, you know, buy a pro sports team

• Love 3
4 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Facts. You actually said some things I thought about saying. Felt like my mind was being read. The Dallas Cowboys appear to be a family business seeing that Charlotte is VP and CBO. It also doesn't appear to be that way for no reason. Between family members can often exist a level of trust and experience that literally can't be eclipsed by outsiders. There can be value in hiring family. No one is going to blame the owner of a bakery for entrusting some or all of the business to his children who know it and the person behind it better than anyone. I don't know who Haley Anderson is (besides Charlotte's daughter) or what she's worth to the Dallas Cowboys as assistant director, but if she's been born and raised under the Dallas Cowboys umbrella and shows interest in participating, a role in the organization makes sense to me. Exception is indeed kids who don't do anything but enjoy the wealth the business provides and/or have other interests, but there's no way to know if Haley is one or the other. However, I do find it hard to believe that as successful as the Cowboys are they would consider someone completely unqualified (if she's being considered). Assistant director for the DCC isn't high up the ladder anyway, so overall it's not a big deal. Still though, Jackie for president.

Edited by bruh
Omitted information. Hope it's cool.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

But can Haley tie the perfect knot on the uniform blouse? Kelly mentions her knot-tying expertise every season, so surely that is part of the interview process.

LOL! I think the show is contractually obligated to mention the "Kelli Knot" in every season. I wouldn't be surprised if the "Kelli Knot" is trademarked at this point so that when Kelli does retire, she can get residuals every time someone mentions or shows the process of doing one of her knots.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, sATL said:

congrats on your move to Houston !!

Yes - the some of us is trying to convivence our mgrs to continue letting us work from home, as we have been doing great work remotely,  for the last 1.5 years. Just have hotel offices for those who wish to commute to a brick and morter  bldg.

Do we work together???  I am back to driving to Tucker every day from Cobb......to sit in my office and try to stay away from others.  I got so much more done at home......

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CruiseGirl said:

Kelli is only in her late 50’s. She has a long way to go before retiring in my opinion. 

We hire a retiree's replacement up to a couple of years before retirement if they are a key employee.  That doesn't mean they have a high ranking title, it could be just that they have a lot of institutional knowledge and no backup.  Maybe Kelli has said three years from now is her date and they are already trying to find the trainee?

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, sATL said:

some people do retire earlier , in their late 50s, now - while they are still young and healthy enough to do stuff like travel.

Not many people retire early these days and you make it seem like being in your upper 50’s is old and you need to travel now while you can, because when you are 65 you are all washed up and need to stay home and play dead.   😂😂  I know many young, unhealthy people and also know many  older individuals  who you probably couldn’t keep up with. Kelli strikes me as ahealthy business woman who wouldn’t be happy to sit home and eat bon bons 🤷‍♀️ 😂 

2 hours ago, sATL said:

some people do retire earlier , in their late 50s, now - while they are still young and healthy enough to do stuff like 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Opine said:

Do we work together???  I am back to driving to Tucker every day from Cobb......to sit in my office and try to stay away from others.  I got so much more done at home......

I work in ATL commute (prior to march 2020) from via the great 285 perimeter, outside loop,  northbound every day - getting off at 85, southbound.  We're still at home but not a week goes by went some person starts "crying " about how they want to be in an office environment, miss their work family, tired of finding a place to work at home, can't separate work-life from home-life, can't remember what so-and-so looks like, miss water cooler gossip, etc..  It takes great self-willpower to listen to it all..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, CruiseGirl said:

Not many people retire early these days and you make it seem like being in your upper 50’s is old and you need to travel now while you can, because when you are 65 you are all washed up and need to stay home and play dead.   😂😂  I know many young, unhealthy people and also know many  older individuals  who you probably couldn’t keep up with. Kelli strikes me as ahealthy business woman who wouldn’t be happy to sit home and eat bon bons 🤷‍♀️ 😂 

No , I was just giving one example of why people retire early. There are several reasons that people do. 

And yes - there are several reasons, people don't retire early.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, bruh said:

I don't know who Haley Anderson is or what she's worth to the Dallas Cowboys as assistant director, but if she's been born and raised under the Dallas Cowboys umbrella and shows interest in participating, a role in the organization makes sense to me. 

Haley is Charlotte’s daughter. She graduated from the University of Arkansas with a degree in Recreation and Sports Management. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, sATL said:

I work in ATL commute (prior to march 2020) from via the great 285 perimeter, outside loop,  northbound every day - getting off at 85, southbound.  We're still at home but not a week goes by went some person starts "crying " about how they want to be in an office environment, miss their work family, tired of finding a place to work at home, can't separate work-life from home-life, can't remember what so-and-so looks like, miss water cooler gossip, etc..  It takes great self-willpower to listen to it all..

I wish we were still home!  I made my home office sweet!  So comfy and so quiet!  Plus the dogs get to sunbathe.  I, too, heard the complaints from folks that wanted to go back to the office.  I wrote it off as deep insanity.......

Anywho, back to DCC!  Thanks for the Jenna/Robin link!  I enjoyed it!

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Opine said:

Anywho, back to DCC!  Thanks for the Jenna/Robin link!  I enjoyed it!

Yes. something about the Jenna/Robin vid was refreshing.. cute.. honest.

I'm letting go of the "Jenna-Holly-gate" from 20xx. It was nice to see her.

I hope they do more vids. By the time stamp, the nbr of subscribers, and viewers looks like they just got started. I like to hear how the DCC is doing in their next chapter.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, sATL said:

I do wonder if K or J would tolerate having someone new who either has on paper (dance studio owner, degrees, etc ) or by recent commercial paid experience/Hollywood  more dance  than them , around them on a daily basis. I mean the two have been running the squad "their way or the highway" for decades. That would make an applicant , leery of applying, let alone accepting the position.

You make a very good point. One of the things I've noticed over the seasons is that Judy and Kelli (more so Kelli) tend to give new ideas or certain outside opinions some side-eye which is why I think an outside recruit with fresh ideas & input (while I think that's desperately needed) is unlikely. For all their talk of this being a world class organization that's innovative & diverse, It also feels like a small family business that's really slow on implementing new ideas and likes to keep a lot of family, close friends and legacies around.

• Love 6
On 8/15/2021 at 4:13 PM, CruiseGirl said:

Who is the current assistant director/ or the one that is being replaced ? I never realized that was a position. 

I asked that question about a week ago and I never got an answer.  In the early episodes of MTT,  there was an assistant director.  Can't remember her name,  but she was the one picking out swimsuits and test photos for calendar. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, cgloss said:

It’s probably Haley, but I would love for it to be Jackie Bob. 

I was LITERALLY about to say I hope it's Jackie Bob..... but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jennifer A.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

I asked that question about a week ago and I never got an answer.  In the early episodes of MTT,  there was an assistant director.  Can't remember her name,  but she was the one picking out swimsuits and test photos for calendar. 

There hasn’t  been an actual assistant director since 90 and 91 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 2

What always makes me laugh is the Cowboys kind of stink as a team. They barely squeak into the playoffs mostly bc their division is so bad & yet people act like they dominate the NFL. I’m not trying to create a war here but stating the obvious. 

Edited by TB12
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

since we are going over old outstanding questions 😃 - what the latest training camp news on Maddie (from Utah) and Brianna (from TN-Titans) ? are they still around or retired ? I don't know what page in this thread is the roster - I normally mark it .

1 minute ago, sATL said:

since we are going over old outstanding questions 😃 - what the latest training camp news on Maddie (from Utah) and Brianna (from TN-Titans) ? are they still around or retired ? I don't know what page in this thread is the roster - I normally mark it .

They are all stars 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

They are all stars 

wow. so she (maddie) didn't hang around for solo point.

RE: all stars - do they serve for a certain nbr of years - to keep from having too many? I mean If 5 retire and there are already 4 all-stars, that is 9 ladies "in waiting" Do they try out to make sure they can do all of the formations and look decent in the uniform ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, TB12 said:

What always makes me laugh is the Cowboys kind of stink as a team. They barely squeak into the playoffs bc their division is so bad & yet people act like they dominate the NFL. I’m not trying to create a war here but stating the obvious. 

Wait a second …. @TB12 …. hmmmm …. is this Tom Brady?!?! 🤨 

I think it’d be hilarious if Tom Brady was actually an anonymous poster on our forums. 

Or Emmitt Smith. The year he sauntered up with a drink in his hand while they were on the stadium field for practice and said that Kelli and Judy were too hard on the girls, and when they protested, he said, “What?! I watch the show!.”  Hilarity.  

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Yep! That’s my team! The Rooney family. Pioneer of the Rooney Rule. Not too much (publicized) drama there. Helped that Dan Rooney had a good head on his shoulders full of Irish pragmatism. Not that there aren’t skeletons in the closet, I’m sure. 

Im fascinated people who are rich enough to just, you know, buy a pro sports team

It's a billionaire's game for sure!  I'm acquainted loosely with some of the Hunt peeps...from Dallas, own the Kansas City Chiefs (my #1 team.) I have a soft spot for the Packers, though, just because they're they're publicly owned and have a wholly different structure than the rest of the NFL.  Which is just kind of cool.

1 hour ago, bruh said:

I don't know who Haley Anderson is (besides Charlotte's daughter) or what she's worth to the Dallas Cowboys as assistant director, but if she's been born and raised under the Dallas Cowboys umbrella and shows interest in participating, a role in the organization makes sense to me. Exception is indeed kids who don't do anything but enjoy the wealth the business provides and/or have other interests, but there's no way to know if Haley is one or the other. However, I do find it hard to believe that as successful as the Cowboys are they would consider someone completely unqualified (if she's being considered). Assistant director for the DCC isn't high up the ladder anyway, so overall it's not a big deal.

I wasn't as impressed with her Linked In as I thought I would be.  She has the "right" internships and experience, as would be expected for her degree, family history, etc.  But it frankly looks unpolished to me.  That said, full disclaimer...my career has been omnichannel buying offices for major retailers and I have extensive digital marketing in my background too.  It's not terrible, but not as polished as I would expect given her background.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/haley-anderson-86207545/

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, sATL said:

so she (maddie) didn't hang around for point.

She was point, she shared it with Amy.

Looks like that's going to be a "thing" now, since point is shared between Gina-Rachel W this year.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, kalibean said:

It's a billionaire's game for sure!  I'm acquainted loosely with some of the Hunt peeps...from Dallas, own the Kansas City Chiefs (my #1 team.) I have a soft spot for the Packers, though, just because they're they're publicly owned and have a wholly different structure than the rest of the NFL.  Which is just kind of cool.

I wasn't as impressed with her Linked In as I thought I would be.  She has the "right" internships and experience, as would be expected for her degree, family history, etc.  But it frankly looks unpolished to me.  That said, full disclaimer...my career has been omnichannel buying offices for major retailers and I have extensive digital marketing in my background too.  It's not terrible, but not as polished as I would expect given her background.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/haley-anderson-86207545/

"posted on Facebook and Twitter, put together an excel sheet with information of all the American Professional teams"   

I went to college in the wrong era...LOL

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 9
23 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Wait a second …. @TB12 …. hmmmm …. is this Tom Brady?!?! 🤨 

I think it’d be hilarious if Tom Brady was actually an anonymous poster on our forums.  

Haha yes my name DID stand for Tom Brady until he left now he’s dead to me! If you are a Pats fan he was God here I had more pix of him on my phone than my hub! I’m still not over it… 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CruiseGirl said:

Kelli is only in her late 50’s. She has a long way to go before retiring in my opinion. 

You can access retirement accounts at 59-1/2. I think Kelli is about 57. For Social Security she could access her husband's at 62 then wait until she's 70 to access her own when it fully matures...I retired at 62 using the hubby's SSA, my 401 & the hubby's union retirement. At age 70 mine exceeds his by several hundred dollars. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Rookies were there I saw rookie Kellee in this ig story 

9E2F0ECD-8E43-4AA7-B1E7-AB5B7FF359B1.jpeg

Kellee was the only rookie I recognized.  I thought Gina was on fire at point #1, but the kickline did not look as crisp as it can be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, Kiasmom said:

Kellee was the only rookie I recognized.  I thought Gina was on fire at point #1, but the kickline did not look as crisp as it can be.

The leg lifts were off and the jump split looked like a ripple…hoping I saw that wrong

• Love 9
10 hours ago, ShellyB said:

The entire staff has #strengths that they focus on, but overall work cohesively to get 💩 done. There has not been an assistant director or assistant choreographer for years…1990 and 1991 respectively. Also, technology is a great tool, you’d be amazed what gets accomplished remotely. Two staff members have lived outside of DFW, one for over 20 years. 

What was Rachel Durbin's exact title?  She is credited as Assistant Director in this video.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

What was Rachel Durbin's exact title?  She is credited as Assistant Director in this video.  

I just saw this old episode this morning. Next season the TCC climbed a telephone pole, stood on top, then tried to catch a horizontal Trapeze bar by jumping, with only a harness to secure them. If they missed the bar,they kinda swung slowly to the ground. Only Nicole caught the bar.

What do these deredevil stunts have to do with dancing? It's ok to be afraid of something. Their liability insurance must have been through the roof. Glad they stopped the stunts.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

Remember the year they free fell into a net and the one DCC lost her 💩 on the way up and had a panic attack? I think it was Gourley or something like that. So much more entertaining than “touch the star” (because our crappy football team is all about excellence. 🙄)

I wish Ceedee Lamb had been drafter by a better team. I’m still smh over the shirts the DCC were wearing that said “Jerry had a little Lamb”. Cringeworthy and bizarre.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, sATL said:

I just saw this old episode this morning. Next season the TCC climbed a telephone pole, stood on top, then tried to catch a horizontal Trapeze bar by jumping, with only a harness to secure them. If they missed the bar,they kinda swung slowly to the ground. Only Nicole caught the bar.

What do these deredevil stunts have to do with dancing? It's ok to be afraid of something. Their liability insurance must have been through the roof. Glad they stopped the stunts.

Ugh, they used to do that stuff for “team building.” It was super popular during that era. I was a camp counselor one summer and we had to scale a 12-foot wall as a team, then later hop onto a rope and swing across a giant ravine. If one person failed, we all failed. The whole exercise ended the next year when our boss — part of a different team of older management types as opposed to my more athletic college student group — fell off the rope and broke an ankle.

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

But . . . But . . . We can see rookies before the final team reveal on MTT! 😲😲😲

So, why exactly was there such a tight lid on who was cut during training camp? Cuz, news flash, unless you keep them off the field until after the "huge" MTT reveal, it's not much of a secret after their first appearance/game. 😂😂😂

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

I have a couple of things to say:

1. Is that Taylor on the same line as Dani? She looks so far back! Yikes, that must've been a bummer.

2. Jensen is so sassy I loooove

3. GO TORI GO TORIII SHE LOOKS SO CUTE & HAPPY IN UNIFORM

4. Marissa moved her way up the triangle! Omg, like, a lot. Which IMO she deserves, she's an excellent dancer.

5. Kelli has gone so psycho about lines that I'm sorry, Madeline stood out like a sore thumb. So did Erin (I think that's her? Feel free to correct me, but she's next to Madeline)

6. Is that Kristin kind of behind Armani? She looks exhausted.

7. This is now a Kelee stan page. She looks BEAUTIFUL.

I've had a lot of wine and made observations lol, sorry!

Edited by DCC93
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, TB12 said:

Haha yes my name DID stand for Tom Brady until he left now he’s dead to me! If you are a Pats fan he was God here I had more pix of him on my phone than my hub! I’m still not over it… 

I’m also not over Toms move. I pretend to be happy for him but I’m pissed that he left. My son has a huge TB fathead on his wall. Ugh, it sucks. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She sure did 

Given how sloppy the kick line/jump split was i'm sure Kelli is regretting that decision. I can hear Judy screaming "Lines" in my head!!! That was kind of a mess given their 'world class' reputation... 

Also, i'm impressed that you guys can pick out ladies in the video. I can't tell who is who even the older veterans...

• Love 9

They looked great in what I saw of them in the triangle. Gina really sparkled as point. 

I was shocked to see the low kicks and poor timing on the kick-line, but the more I think about it they only have 14 girls out of 36 that have danced on the field before (not counting this years rookies or the second years who danced on the decks last year) so maybe that has something to do with it? I hope they're able to work out those details in practice.

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, pancakes said:

They looked great in what I saw of them in the triangle. Gina really sparkled as point. 

I was shocked to see the low kicks and poor timing on the kick-line, but the more I think about it they only have 14 girls out of 36 that have danced on the field before (not counting this years rookies or the second years who danced on the decks last year) so maybe that has something to do with it? I hope they're able to work out those details in practice.

I think part of it might be that all of the girls also had to kick by themselves last year, not hooked up in a line. I can see how that could be disconcerting to some of them. I can't imagine they won't get it worked out, though...Kelli and Judy are far too uptight about the kick line being perfect.

• Love 7