Type keyword(s) to search

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

tv echo
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

“You break the rules and you become the hero. I do it, and I become the enemy. That doesn’t seem fair.”

No. No, it is not.

Thank you, and no it isn't.

From what I'm gathering, Wong told Strange not to cast that spell, and he went and did it anyway, So I really need to hear from Team Consequences right now and how whatever happens, Stephen deserves it.

• Love 3
Spoiler

If that is Xavier, I wonder if Strange is bring brought before the MCU's version of the Illuminati, of which he was a member in the comics.

In which case, we might get our first view of Reed Richards.

• Love 2
Spoiler

If that is Xavier, I wonder if Strange is bring brought before the MCU's version of the Illuminati, of which he was a member in the comics.

That was the rumor I heard months ago

Spoiler

Rumor is it's more a council overseeing the Multiverse, of which Prof. X is a member. The MCU could make it the same thing, I suppose.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

“You break the rules and you become the hero. I do it, and I become the enemy. That doesn’t seem fair.”

No. No, it is not.

Agreed.  I really, really hope the Reddit spoilers about the storyline are mostly wrong or inaccurate because 

Spoiler

they do Wanda dirty.  And the story doesn't even sound good.  If they're going to ruin a great character, they could at least have an interesting story.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

Agreed.  I really, really hope the Reddit spoilers about the storyline are mostly wrong or inaccurate because 

Hide contents

they do Wanda dirty.  And the story doesn't even sound good.  If they're going to ruin a great character, they could at least have an interesting story.

Spoiler

I hope not either, but they already ruined Sharon.

48 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Thank you, and no it isn't.

Hide contents

From what I'm gathering, Wong told Strange not to cast that spell, and he went and did it anyway, So I really need to hear from Team Consequences right now and how whatever happens, Stephen deserves it.

Well, he’s not the only one who deserves consequences for messing with time. *glares in Endgame Steve Rogers*

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I know I'm totally out of the loop but, is there any truth to the Twitter chatter? Possible spoiler

Hide contents

Tom Cruise playing a Tony Stark Variant/Superior Ironman?

There are so many rumors for the movie that I am hesitant to say it’s absolutely false but it seems unlikely. The original source isn’t reliable and only said that Marvel was considering it. Others have said it’s not happening and the leaked photos look very fake. 

8 minutes ago, Dani said:

There are so many rumors for the movie that I am hesitant to say it’s absolutely false but it seems unlikely. The original source isn’t reliable and only said that Marvel was considering it. Others have said it’s not happening and the leaked photos look very fake. 

Its seemed a bit outlandish but, this was the first I heard of it, so I had no idea where it came from. They kept posting still from the trailer as proof and I was totally confused

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Its seemed a bit outlandish but, this was the first I heard of it, so I had no idea where it came from. They kept posting still from the trailer as proof and I was totally confused

The funny thing is that one of the stills they are using as proof is Captain Marvel. (Not a spoiler. It just looks like Binary) 

The Ultron bots definitely suggest a 

Spoiler

Tony Stark variant is possible but it being Cruise seems outlandish to me.

Edited by Guest

Heh, even if you don't see the face, there is no mistaking that voice!

Spoiler

Right now, I'm sure Patrick Stewart is reprising Xavier and it won't be another "Ralph Boner" situation, but I can see him being part of the Illuminati, so any other X-Men appearing could still be up in the air.

Looks like it will be a sight to behold for sure, but of course I really don't see myself ever not watching a Marvel film at this point.  Interesting that they name drop Sam Raimi in it.  I'm trying to remember how many of the directors actually get mentioned in Marvel trailers (off the top of my head, I know Chloe Zhao after wining the Oscar), but I guess they're hoping to also peak the interest of people who are just fans of his work.  I wouldn't be surprised if they'll do the same for Taika Watiti for Thor: Love & Thunder as well.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

If you look in the lower right part of the poster (near Strange's cape) you can see a shot of a certain character's unique equipment.

Saw that and all I can say is UGH.

Spoiler

I’ve had quite enough of Captain Carter.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

Hide contents

There seem to be two Wandas in the trailer, the one in the present and some variant of 'our' Wanda, so maybe one of them went off the deep end and didn't come back. It's not clear yet, but the one in the present is definitely saying the thing about the situation not being fair.

3 hours ago, Dani said:

The Ultron bots definitely suggest a 

Hide contents

Tony Stark variant is possible but it being Cruise seems outlandish to me.

I've also seen a bunch of speculation about Cruise being a Stark variant, but nothing's confirmed and he's not listed in the IMDB credits even as a one-line appearance. It seems unlikely that it would be possible to keep that from being spoiled since he's so well-known, but it's hard to say for sure.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

If you look in the lower right part of the poster (near Strange's cape) you can see a shot of a certain character's unique equipment.

Wow, good eyes.  Even knowing where to look, it took me a while to find that.

• Love 1

I am finding people on twitter arguing if one shot is an Iron Man variant, a Captain Marvel variant or Jean Grey hilarious. Or Nova. Or Human Torch. How much can be known about this movie if they can’t even tell if someone in the trailer is a man or a woman? I watched the trailer and thought for certain I knew who it was and now I’m just confused.

The Super Bowl commercial has some shots that aren’t in the trailer. 

Edited by Guest
10 hours ago, Dani said:

I am finding people on twitter arguing if one shot is an Iron Man variant, a Captain Marvel variant or Jean Grey hilarious. Or Nova. Or Human Torch.

The best part is that it's likely none of those, that it's America Chavez, but it's fun to watch the Facebook groups going crazy arguing over who it could possibly be. [/spoiler]There's probably someone watching the trailer in one-second increments trying to figure out the significance of each shot. I'm not sure how much I should keep adding spoiler tags since the trailer's here, but I don't want to mess anything up for anyone.

🙂

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Dani said:

Iron Man variant, a Captain Marvel variant or Jean Grey hilarious. Or Nova. Or Human Torch. How much can be known about this movie if they can’t even tell if someone in the trailer is a man or a woman? I

Oh, Nova?! That would be cool and I haven't seen anyone else suggest it. I like it.

Mostly I've seen spec that its Superior Iron Man, Monica Rambeau, Chris Evans as Human Torch (which, maybe kind of cool and, there was that article from a respected source...) 

I would think the easiest and most likely answer is Binary/Carol Danvers Variant.

I guess it all depends on how much crazy they're going to throw into the movie.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

Reveal spoiler

Can you point me to the spoilers thread please?

I'm generally anti-spoiler when it comes to MCU movies, but I really did NOT like What If so would like to know how much that series is driving this movie. If it's basically live action remake, I may pass on watching till it comes to Disney+ (yes, I hated What If that much). 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Can you point me to the spoilers thread please?

If these are true, it's pretty much the whole movie spoiled, so be careful about reading it.  Some of them do line up with the trailer so it is curious.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Useful 2
35 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If these are true, it's pretty much the whole movie spoiled, so be careful about reading it.  Some of them do line up with the trailer so it is curious.

Thank you! Some of that seems highly likely, some seems implausible. It will be interesting to see how much (and which parts) end up being accurate. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

*reads leak*
*stares hard at the screen for a long time then screams into a pillow*

I really want to believe that’s fake, but i have been burned so many times by the MCU. I made the same mistake when I read the GOT finale leaks and thought “Oh come on. That’s so stupid and sexist. The writers would never…”

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

*reads leak*
*stares hard at the screen for a long time then screams into a pillow*

Isn't 4Chan generally considered garbage? Also, why did I read that? I'm aggravated by the setup as it is, since Strange has never even spoken to Wanda before this. Thanos, five years, blah blah, fine, but it really does look like he couldn't be bothered with her until he needed her to help him fix his fuckup. Gah.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Isn't 4Chan generally considered garbage? Also, why did I read that? I'm aggravated by the setup as it is, since Strange has never even spoken to Wanda before this. Thanos, five years, blah blah, fine, but it really does look like he couldn't be bothered with her until he needed her to help him fix his fuckup. Gah.

I hope so.  The plot seems all over the place, and reads as if it would appeal only to hard core comic book readers and/or people heavily engaged with the X-Men movies, not your average movie goer.  Also, they supposedly didn't anticipate what a big deal WandaVision would be at the time it was initially filmed, so maybe some of the reshoots were dedicated to "correcting" Wanda's story arc.

That said 

Spoiler

Wanda sacrificing herself

seems like b.s., given that Kevin Feige said that she would play an important role in the MCU movies and they're making a spinoff about her mentor.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

It absolutely is. It’s a cesspool. There is no registering so anyone can post anything. They can be right but there is no way to evaluate credibility. It’s overrun with racism and misogyny.

My guess is it’s a mix of true rumors with batshit crazy stuff those assholes want to be true. 

Edited by Guest

I personally think they got a hold of some info (that does line up with the trailer) but, filled in the gaps with spec. 

I always take anything I see with a grain of salt because not only is it possible they got wrong information, they could have gotten good info but, misunderstood it or filled in blanks. It's also possible they made it all up for attention. 🤷🏼

• Love 3

There are so many theories and teases I really have no idea where this is going or what the plot is going to be. I suspect that a lot of these "leaks" are just speculation and a lot of red herrings, so I am not getting too excited/outraged about anything yet, just enjoying speculation. The one thing I feel pretty confident about is

Spoiler

That was absolutely Patrick Stuart's voice in the big room, I am almost sure that he's playing some version of Xavier. No way will they Ralph Boner us with Patrick fucking Stuart. Especially after I was worried that they would Boner Andrew and Toby in Spiderman and that didn't happen.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

Thank you! Some of that seems highly likely, some seems implausible. It will be interesting to see how much (and which parts) end up being accurate. 

If I'm not mistaken there was an earlier plot leak that had a lot of the same information. I don't know if they took it from the earlier leak and added things or if the new information is accurate. 

Spoiler

I really don't like the part about Wanda's chaos magic being taken away. 

• Love 1
On 2/13/2022 at 9:06 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Interesting that they name drop Sam Raimi in it.  I'm trying to remember how many of the directors actually get mentioned in Marvel trailers

With Sam Raimi getting the name drop I really want to know who Bruce Campbell is playing. Can it be that centaur thing? Since forcing Bruce to sit in a make up chair for hours to get the Centaur makeup and fur is totally the kind of thing Sam Raimi would do.

• Love 4

Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness: Strange And Wong Meet America Chavez – Exclusive Image
Ben Traivs    Feb 14, 2022
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/doctor-strange-multiverse-madness-wong-america-chavez-exclusive/ 

If anything has the internet ablaze today, it’s that trailer for Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness – with tons of trippy visuals, reality-bending sequences, and a voice cameo from a very recognisable Professor. But among the the multiple variants of characters, the tentacle monsters, and the fantastical battles, there’s something else that leaps out: this really is a Sam Raimi movie. The director of the ‘00s Spider-Man trilogy and the Evil Dead films is well and truly back – bringing Zombie Strange, ghostly dimensions, and flinging the camera around like nobody’s business.

As Benedict Cumberbatch tells Empire, that’s precisely the point. “Once it became Sam, it was always about making it a Sam Raimi picture,” the actor says, referencing the change in director from Scott Derrickson, who directed the previous Doctor Strange. “Your head’s going to be spun,” he promises. If you want a little extra head-spinning, see a brand new exclusive image from the film above, with Xochitl Gomez’s America Chavez having an important conversation with Doctor Strange and Wong (who has a fancy new get-up here).

Marvel fans last saw Cumberbatch’s Doctor Strange in the non-stop box office juggernaut that was Spider-Man: No Way Home – a film whose gargantuan financial success caught even a man who can see through millions of different realities off guard. “I think when Kevin Feige first said, ‘We’ll know about the future of cinema, or the cinemagoing experience, after this film,’ I was like, ‘Okay, everyone’s drinking too much of the Kool-Aid around here,’” Cumberbatch admits. “My ignorance was showed up.” From the looks of things, Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness could be just as colossal.

doctor-strange-multiverse-excl-3.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

‘Doctor Strange’ Sequel, ‘Jurassic World Dominion’, ‘LOTR’ Trailers Saw Biggest Super Bowl Spikes On Social Media
By Anthony D'Alessandro   February 16, 2022 
https://deadline.com/2022/02/super-bowl-movie-ads-doctor-strange-jurassic-world-dominion-lotr-social-media-spikes-1234935270/ 

Disney/Marvel’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness tops RelishMix’s annual Super Bowl trailer social media impact report with a great 93.12 million views in the 24 hours following Sunday’s NFL title game.

super-bowl.png 

• Love 1

Marvel's official Latin America twitter page tweeted the Super Bowl TV spot for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness...

Doctor Strange 2 Producer Reveals the Significance of 'Multiverse of Madness' Title
By Matt Roembke   February 24, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/doctor-strange-2-multiverse-of-madness-title-meaning 

In the Spring 2022 issue of Disney's D23 Magazine obtained by The Direct, Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness co-producer Richie Palmer spoke about the title of the movie and how it holds "many different meanings". 

"We honor each definition of the word 'madness' in this movie. For example, it's not just the craziness of what an alternate universe might look like, feel like, or sound like. When you see that there are infinite versions of yourself across infinite universes and you're a different person in them different facets of you rise to the top."
"Maybe Stephen meets a few of these guys and wonders, "Oh, am I capable of what that person's capable of? Are they capable of what I'm capable of?” And that can be maddening, Seeing other versions of yourself make decisions that you would not make can, for better or worse, be maddening- whether that's for Doctor Strange, for Wanda, or for any of our characters."

"Sometimes the scariest monsters are the ones that dwell within us," Palmer continues. "And with the Multiverse, maybe some versions of us are more monstrous than others."

Edited by tv echo

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait for this movie to come out if only to end the speculation videos from hardcore comic book nerds about which characters will get cameos.  "Omigod that's Maria/Monica Rambeau as Captain Marvel!  No, that's Superior Iron Man!"

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait for this movie to come out if only to end the speculation videos from hardcore comic book nerds about which characters will get cameos.  "Omigod that's Maria/Monica Rambeau as Captain Marvel!  No, that's Superior Iron Man!"

I know what you mean. But they'll just move on to whatever's next.

• Love 2

What about the speculation videos about how angry the movie is going to make them (I can't believe they're making the characters do this, all of these potential cameos are taking away from who I really want to see, they're going to waste character X, etc.) which will then be followed up with "I was right!" videos to reiterate their anger?  Seems easier to just get angry once.

• LOL 1
28 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

What about the speculation videos about how angry the movie is going to make them (I can't believe they're making the characters do this, all of these potential cameos are taking away from who I really want to see, they're going to waste character X, etc.) which will then be followed up with "I was right!" videos to reiterate their anger?  Seems easier to just get angry once.

Do people really do that? I'm not given to checking out other people's speculations. Well, ones from sites I already visit & people I already follow, but I don't follow nutters.

1 hour ago, Anduin said:

Do people really do that? I'm not given to checking out other people's speculations. Well, ones from sites I already visit & people I already follow, but I don't follow nutters.

There's almost always some internet pile-on.  The edgelord thing generates clicks, so we get a predetermined reaction to something that no one has seen, and then after people have experienced the thing, they put out another video that works backwards to justify what they'd already decided to think.

Star Wars is the utter worst for this, but it happens with all of the big universes.

• Love 3