Type keyword(s) to search

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

tv echo
  • Start Topic

On 7/25/2022 at 8:31 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

So I was thinking about Bruce Campbell today and if the place where the Illuminati live and the place where Tobey Maguire Spider lives are just alternate universes does that mean that Pizza Poppa and the wrestling announcer, or the waiter, or the theatre usher are the same guy.

The multiverse adopts very different rules as necessary:

• the same person in a different universe can look totally different (see: the three Peter Parkers in NWH)
  • the same person in a different universe can look almost exactly the same except for style (see: Wanda in 616* vs 838, also Strange in every alt universe we saw)
  • and in Tobey's universe, at least three different guys look like Bruce Campbell.
  • I guess also Stan Lee exists in pretty much every universe and many different times and places in 616. (or, apparently, that was all one guy.)

* or 199999 if you want to be a huge nerd =) 

• Love 1
(edited)

We Asked Anson Mount About That Scene in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
By Brady Langmann     PUBLISHED: JUL 7, 2022
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a40541578/anson-mount-doctor-strange-black-bolt-interview/ 

... We recently caught up with Mount, following the season finale of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. Of course, we asked him if the Doctor Strange antics led to a meeting with fellow Star Trek adventurer Patrick Stewart. You'll probably get a kick out of his answer:

No, he was actually not there! [Laughs] He was shooting Picard. That was a very interesting shoot because my role came up in the reshoots. As you can imagine, several of the actors were quite busy. Patrick was not there. Chiwetel [Ejiofor] was not there. Krasinski's contract wasn't even done. He wasn't there. We had actors playing those roles, knowing that they were going to either be substituting their shots or transplanting faces. I've never done anything quite like that, and I was in disbelief of how well it cut together.

Edited by tv echo
On 5/9/2022 at 3:03 PM, Proclone said:

How it often causes us to over romanticize the ones we've lost..."What is grief, if not love preserving?" Is a pretty epic line.  The show is about how it's okay to grieve, you just have to try and find healthy ways of doing.  I thought WandaVision was the perfect example of why I like, scifi, fantasy and superhero movies.  It took and experience that most people have, grief, and used the tropes of genre to explore that experience in a heightened way.  And strangely enough that heightened reality allows people to see their own experiences with something like grief in Wanda's experience...even though I hope no one out there is enslaving any towns.

I only quoted a bit of your post but this a beautiful. My godmother was in hospice and died March 9, 2021- right after WandaVision aired. The series was a big help to me. 

i am finally catching up on my MCU viewing and enjoying your comments here. 

On 5/10/2022 at 8:58 PM, scarynikki12 said:

That was a nice moment between the Wandas. Mom Wanda had been possessed and forced to do horrible things and would have been justified to shout at Scarlet Witch Wanda to leave them alone and turn her back. But she showed compassion instead which speaks to the strength of her character. And Lizzie nailed that scene too. 

I agree. That also shows that there’s hope for 616 Wanda. 

• Love 2
(edited)

‘Top Gun: Maverick,’ ‘The Batman,’ ‘Doctor Strange 2’ Among HPA Award Nominees
BY THR STAFF    OCTOBER 4, 2022 
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/hpa-awards-2022-nominations-1235232904/

Top Gun: Maverick, The Batman, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Dune are among the movies that received multiple HPA (Hollywood Professional Association) Award nominations. The annual HPA Awards recognizes postproduction talent in areas including color grading, editing, sound and visual effects.
The awards will be handed out Nov. 17 at the Hollywood Legion Theater.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
(edited)

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness got 4 People's Choice Awards nominations...

2022 People's Choice Awards: Complete List of Nominees
By BRETT MALEC     OCT 26, 2022 
https://www.eonline.com/news/1351289/2022-peoples-choice-awards-complete-list-of-nominees 

THE MOVIE OF 2022
Bullet Train
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Elvis
Jurassic World Dominion
Nope
The Batman
Thor: Love and Thunder
Top Gun: Maverick

THE ACTION MOVIE OF 2022
Black Adam
Bullet Train
Jurassic World Dominion
The Batman
The Woman King
Top Gun: Maverick

THE FEMALE MOVIE STAR OF 2022
Elizabeth Olsen, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Gal Gadot, Death on the Nile
Jennifer Garner, The Adam Project
Jennifer Lopez, Marry Me
Joey King, Bullet Train
Keke Palmer, Nope
Queen Latifah, Hustle
Viola Davis, The Woman King
THE ACTION MOVIE STAR OF 2022
Chris Hemsworth, Thor: Love and Thunder
Chris Pratt, Jurassic World Dominion
Dwayne Johnson, Black Adam
Elizabeth Olsen, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Joey King, Bullet Train
Tom Cruise, Top Gun: Maverick
Viola Davis, The Woman King
Zöe Kravitz, The Batman

Edited by tv echo

I hated this so much. Walls of text would have to communicate.

It was a shabby, shoddy, shitty betrayal of Wanda. And after Wandavision, really felt like sacrilege. Like, I felt sick when I watched this.

What was the point? It grossed me out. This was not the Wanda we know. Just stroking Strange for the fans and turning Wanda into a B&W villain.

I could list the reasons but they make me tired.

Hate, hate, hated it. Hate. Hate. Hate.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

Charlize Theron: “I Don’t Need to Be an Enigma”
BY LACEY ROSE  DECEMBER 7, 2022
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/charlize-theron-interview-old-guard-sequel-producing-doctor-strange-1235276201/ 

And you’ve entered the MCU. Or at least you appeared as Clea in a post-credit scene in the latest Doctor Strange, which suggests we’ll be seeing more of you. How did that come together?

The simple answer to it is that it’s everything that I’ve said about Old Guard. If I can find the anchor, then I’m never going to be a snob about, like, “Oh, does this make me less of a powerful actor?” I was ignorant, I didn’t know those [Marvel] movies well enough until a family who I consider, like, my adopted family had me watch them. They’re crazy Marvel fans, and I always used to make fun of them. Like, “Oh my God, you guys are such fucking nerds.” Then one spring break we rented a house and our kids were in a camp and they were like, “You need to fucking sit down and watch.” So, we watched all the movies, and I was like, “Oh my God, they’re so fucking good.” And the kids got in on it, too, and it was such an enjoyable ride. And there’s a mythology around it and it’s been thought out over decades with Clea, and I’m challenged by that. Like, how do you reinvent that? So, I’m excited, but I honestly don’t know what the fuck it’s going to be.

• Love 1
On 11/10/2022 at 12:21 PM, paramitch said:

I hated this so much. Walls of text would have to communicate.

It was a shabby, shoddy, shitty betrayal of Wanda. And after Wandavision, really felt like sacrilege. Like, I felt sick when I watched this.

What was the point? It grossed me out. This was not the Wanda we know. Just stroking Strange for the fans and turning Wanda into a B&W villain.

I could list the reasons but they make me tired.

Hate, hate, hated it. Hate. Hate. Hate.

The writing for Wanda was really bad in this. I don’t mind Wanda not being “fixed”, and deep in her grief, but after all she did for the Avengers everyone is acting like she’s a fly on the wall. Why is no one trying to HELP HER??? I compare how she was treated to how people treated Thor (who actually got some emotional support). 

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

The writing for Wanda was really bad in this. I don’t mind Wanda not being “fixed”, and deep in her grief, but after all she did for the Avengers everyone is acting like she’s a fly on the wall. Why is no one trying to HELP HER??? I compare how she was treated to how people treated Thor (who actually got some emotional support). 

Well, they mostly just made fun of Thor’s weight gain and told him to suck it up, but even that’s more help than they gave Wanda.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Well, they mostly just made fun of Thor’s weight gain and told him to suck it up, but even that’s more help than they gave Wanda.

I meant in Thor: Love & Thunder- the Guardians were nice to Thor and gave him a community. It was acknowledged how Jane coming back into his life affected him. Korg kept him company.

People just forgot Wanda existed until she snapped and took a town hostage, and then Dr Strange knew where she went and didn’t even go check in on her PERIODICALLY even to say “I was snapped too, I get it.” BEFORE she was trying to hop multiverses. Wanda was done so dirty. Elizabeth Olsen does a lot with the part though. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

People just forgot Wanda existed until she snapped and took a town hostage, and then Dr Strange knew where she went and didn’t even go check in on her PERIODICALLY even to say “I was snapped too, I get it.” BEFORE she was trying to hop multiverses. Wanda was done so dirty. Elizabeth Olsen does a lot with the part though. 

Too busy making sure Bucky didn't get a cold, I guess. 'Course, he's too dumb to know you aren't supposed to help terrorists escape from prison, so. Still. That's the only explanation.

Me, bitter?

Yes.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness received four nominations for Critics Choice Super Awards...

Nominations Announced for the 3rd Annual Critics Choice Super Awards honoring Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, and Action Movies and Series
February 22, 2023
https://www.criticschoice.com/2023/02/22/nominations-announced-for-the-3rd-annual-critics-choice-super-awards-honoring-superhero-science-fiction-fantasy-horror-and-action-movies-and-series/

(Los Angeles, CA – February 22, 2023) – The Critics Choice Association (CCA) announced today the nominees for the 3rd Annual Critics Choice Super Awards, honoring the most popular, fan-obsessed genres across both television and movies, including Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, and Action. Winners will be revealed via a special announcement on Thursday, March 16.
BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE*
The Batman
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
DC League of Super-Pets

BEST ACTOR IN A SUPERHERO MOVIE*
Benedict Cumberbatch – Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Paul Dano – The Batman
Colin Farrell – The Batman
Tenoch Huerta – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Robert Pattinson – The Batman