Type keyword(s) to search

FBI: Most Wanted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The paid off DA just made the courts job so much harder now that they have to go over all the cases he might have tampered with. Once you take a bribe it becomes the norm.

For every major conspiracy where people are murdered and rich people cover it up there are probably hundreds of mundane shootings, stabbings, and lethal fistfights over stupid shit in the 21 and under crowd.

• Like 3

I wouldn't be happy with this anyway, but especially at this time of such high antisemitism it's disturbing that they made such a point of making the murderous kid and his family so Jewish for no apparent plot-related reason. When they did something similar on Law and Order years ago, having the parents send the kid to Israel, it was an important plot point. Here though it was just another way of highlighting hey, these rich folks who paid off the DA to protect their kid are Jewish. Really gross and uncool, FBI:MW.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, psychfan said:

I wouldn't be happy with this anyway, but especially at this time of such high antisemitism it's disturbing that they made such a point of making the murderous kid and his family so Jewish for no apparent plot-related reason. When they did something similar on Law and Order years ago, having the parents send the kid to Israel, it was an important plot point. Here though it was just another way of highlighting hey, these rich folks who paid off the DA to protect their kid are Jewish. Really gross and uncool, FBI:MW.

THIS ↑

I too noticed the emphasis on the perp being Jewish.  Then saw no reason why.

• Like 3

I guess someone with a head that thinks more along the HR line, made sure to include the short scene of Remy talking to Isabel (?) to get clearance to use his entire team to work on a personal (and old) case. Talk about a waste of federal assets in a time when money is tight. Oh, and for the cherry on top: “Sure,Remy, use the agency’s helicopter. Hey, you need lunch?”

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, ColJackOneill said:

Talk about a waste of federal assets in a time when money is tight. Oh, and for the cherry on top: “Sure,Remy, use the agency’s helicopter. Hey, you need lunch?”

Eh, still cheaper than what goes into the DoD budget - talk about fraud, waste and abuse and pretty much no oversight.

I'm glad the Remy drama is over but I found it odd that they just threw in some throwaway bank robbery/hostage situation.  And yes, there was no reason to focus on the Jewish aspect of the family.  They were scum and I hope they and the DA do a lot of time.  And yes, the DA's actions are going to be called into question and a lot of cases are going to get reopened, thrown out or at least trigger lawsuits.

Let's hope that next season they leave Remy's personal drama out of this show but I get the feeling that won't happen and then was there any resolution to Hannah's off the books stuff?

• Like 4
9 hours ago, psychfan said:

I’m not going to start a political fight but there have been cases of Jewish criminals fleeing to Israel to try to evade prosecution and that was the plan of Benjy in this episode, remember the line the mom said about Benjy having an uncle in Tel Aviv? That’s where he was going with his new passport and all, so it was a minor plot point. I thought the line about the mom being Jewish was kind of odd but I think they wanted the viewers to know his plan was to flee to Israel. It was only a couple of lines so it was easy to miss. But in real life this has happened multiple times.

• Like 3

If you told me McDermot wrote this terrible episode I would completely believe it.  And the well worn plot of the cop/agent who has a personal connection storming through and investigating the crime and/or catching the bad guy has been done to death and it never ever makes sense from a legal point of view. It's not just about catching the bad guy, it's about convicting them in court once you do.  These kinds of plots, if done in real life, would make it extremely difficult to prosecute since almost every move of the involved cop/agent could be seen as suspect.  Not to mention that Isobel conveniently told Remy to do whatever he wanted with whatever department resources he wanted (helicopter!!??) and his whole team and she'd divert their cases to another unit meanwhile. That doesn't even pass the smell test. But the whole thing was classic McDermot. Macho macho hero kicks in doors and takes names in the pursuit of justice!  While driving his little classic car like it's not the kind of car you keep in the garage and drive on short jaunts on weekends.  You can't treat a car like that the way he does and still have a car like that. But as long as he looks super cool and can strut and peacock and be the super macho hero guy I guess it's fine by the show.

I agree that it was using aggressively Jewish bad guys for the plot for no good reason. Add in the bad Jewish lady killed the poor Christian woman who had finally gotten right with God (Remy's statement about the dead woman).  I realize that fleeing to Israel has happened in the past, both in real life and in fiction, but this episode was really hammering the whole Jewish bad guy theme home in a very explicit way and it disturbed me. It just felt wrong somehow, like it wasn't incidental to the plot but the point. It just left a bad taste. YMMV.

• Like 6
12 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

If you told me McDermot wrote this terrible episode I would completely believe it.  And the well worn plot of the cop/agent who has a personal connection storming through and investigating the crime and/or catching the bad guy has been done to death and it never ever makes sense from a legal point of view. It's not just about catching the bad guy, it's about convicting them in court once you do.  These kinds of plots, if done in real life, would make it extremely difficult to prosecute since almost every move of the involved cop/agent could be seen as suspect.  Not to mention that Isobel conveniently told Remy to do whatever he wanted with whatever department resources he wanted (helicopter!!??) and his whole team and she'd divert their cases to another unit meanwhile. That doesn't even pass the smell test. But the whole thing was classic McDermot. Macho macho hero kicks in doors and takes names in the pursuit of justice!  While driving his little classic car like it's not the kind of car you keep in the garage and drive on short jaunts on weekends.  You can't treat a car like that the way he does and still have a car like that. But as long as he looks super cool and can strut and peacock and be the super macho hero guy I guess it's fine by the show.

I agree that it was using aggressively Jewish bad guys for the plot for no good reason. Add in the bad Jewish lady killed the poor Christian woman who had finally gotten right with God (Remy's statement about the dead woman).  I realize that fleeing to Israel has happened in the past, both in real life and in fiction, but this episode was really hammering the whole Jewish bad guy theme home in a very explicit way and it disturbed me. It just felt wrong somehow, like it wasn't incidental to the plot but the point. It just left a bad taste. YMMV.

Completely agree with this entire post. 

Since Jess left, this show has turned into the Remy Hour as a showcase for Dylan McDermott. It's a real disservice to the supporting cast, who are much more interesting.

When Jess was the main character, I thought that too much time was spent on his family life but at least he was not shown as The One. Remy is depicted as a larger than life hero - which is not how I see him. The tenor of the show completely changed into a one man band when Remy replaced Jess. Now it is much more of a standard cop show as opposed to being something more unique. 

• Like 4

S04•E22 - Heaven Falling

I thought Remy's family drama has finally came to an end when they caught Mikey's killer. And then the soap opera twist happened at the end. UGH.

BENJI: "So I heard that you are an FBI agent now."

REMY: "Yes, I am. Pretty bad ass, huh?"

Am pretty sure this ad-lib came from Dylan McDermott himself because it's cringey AF.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I can't stand Remy at all. There is nothing likable about him. And I hate it that that man died without seeing his own vindication. Another Black man screwed over by the so called justice system. On the plus side I notice how capable Ray is as an agent. He wears hero very well. I want more focus on him. 

Edited by mommalib
  • Like 5
On 5/24/2023 at 12:37 PM, milkyaqua said:

Eh, still cheaper than what goes into the DoD budget - talk about fraud, waste and abuse and pretty much no oversight.

I'm glad the Remy drama is over but I found it odd that they just threw in some throwaway bank robbery/hostage situation.  And yes, there was no reason to focus on the Jewish aspect of the family.  They were scum and I hope they and the DA do a lot of time.  And yes, the DA's actions are going to be called into question and a lot of cases are going to get reopened, thrown out or at least trigger lawsuits.

Let's hope that next season they leave Remy's personal drama out of this show but I get the feeling that won't happen and then was there any resolution to Hannah's off the books stuff?

I found the bank robbery to be really random, too. I though it would somehow tie into Remy's brother's case (not sure how though). It was resolved so quickly.

I'm glad the Remy brother case is solved now. That poor witness who was killed... I feel like these shows suggest that being a witness is risky to your safety.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, FinnishViewer said:

That's why they have witness protection :)

True! But do people want to give up their lives and all their current connections? Granted, that could be a good thing for some. Though I've watched In Plain Sight--it doesn't always go so well!

Though I imagine you meant that in part sarcastically, as people aren't always protected. Or they're told they can go in witness protection, then end up getting deported or otherwise shafted.

• Like 1
On 9/21/2022 at 12:24 AM, MerBearHou said:

I enjoyed seeing the return of this show tonight!  Good episode, not too “Criminal Minds” deranged for my taste.  I’m fine with Remy (though in general, I prefer Julian over Dylan as actors).  Sheryl returned and is still a drag IMO.  Ortiz is missed — I liked him so much.  They need to add a guy (who will stay) to keep this from being too Charlie and his angels.  Unpopular opinion, but I like Kristen.  I like the actress’ quiet confidence and getting the job done.  I sure don’t miss the family background drama in Jess’ seasons.

Sheryl is a straight drag and she can leave any moment and I won't care. 

• Like 2
On 8/8/2023 at 5:19 PM, MerBearHou said:

Many of you will be glad to know that Alexa Davalos is not returning to the show.  I liked her, but I can see how she wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

Thanks for the report. She never really did much for me, though I only started watching during this most recent season. It mainly confused me when I was reading writeups, because I kept forgetting her name, and there was a Kristen the first two seasons on regular FBI (a character I did like!). Just found it odd that they'd pick the same name (though a slight spelling variation) for a spinoff when there are so many female names available.

04-11-23, Miseducation of Metcalf 2" 4.17, I'm sorry I'm behind on it, but DVR still holding, also gives me something to watch over the summer. I don't want to pay extra to see Criminal Minds just to see Rossi swear.

My big question is how did press hear one girl might be pregnant? Only Kristian and Ray were in the motel room. 

I liked Hana taking Graham down, but theoretically,  soon to be alone, he could do it again. 

I also thought maybe the tobacco less smoke that Patrick blew in Mayas face, was making her and Bethany cult followers. 

• Like 1
On 8/26/2023 at 2:38 AM, webruce said:

04-11-23, Miseducation of Metcalf 2" 4.17, I'm sorry I'm behind on it, but DVR still holding, also gives me something to watch over the summer. I don't want to pay extra to see Criminal Minds just to see Rossi swear.

My big question is how did press hear one girl might be pregnant? Only Kristian and Ray were in the motel room. 

I liked Hana taking Graham down, but theoretically,  soon to be alone, he could do it again. 

I also thought maybe the tobacco less smoke that Patrick blew in Mayas face, was making her and Bethany cult followers. 

Thought the same thing about the press.  This episode was like a throw back to Patty Hearst.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 2
On 3/1/2023 at 3:17 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if little birds dressed him in the morning.

In his mind, I'm sure they do.

Seriously, is Remy supposed to be this ... unhinged? I get that his brother's case had him on edge, but the episode "Black Mirror" made him seem not only completely unprofessional, but barely more rational than the perps they were chasing. (Maybe the FBI's entire Office of Professional Responsibility was away at a conference that week.)

I had to stop watching L&O: Organized Chaos in part because Dylan was constantly eating the scenery, but, daaaaaamn -- this show is dark. FBI's Most Wackadoo is not for me.

• Love 3

CBS ‘Spoils’ 15 Premieres, Including Final Runs of Blue Bloods, Bob Hearts Abishola, S.W.A.T. and Young Sheldon

Premiere Date: Tuesday, Feb. 13 at 10 pm

“Above & Beyond” – When a mysterious deal goes south, leaving behind multiple bodies, the Fugitive Task Force heads to Virginia to put the pieces together with the help of a familiar face and new addition to the team, Special Agent Nina Chase (new series regular Shantel VanSanten). Also, Remy continues to grapple with the aftermath of connecting with his long-lost nephew.

• Thanks 1
(edited)

S05•E01 - Above & Beyond

So, Kristin left because her relationship with Remy didn’t work out, personally??!

The Fugitive Task Force members have vouched for Nina to join them. A new job that requires frequent travel. But hey, no problemo. Nina has a great nanny and an amazing baby daddy. All justified. 😆

I thought Sheryll will be restored back to being 2nd in command after Kristin left. But with Shantel VanSanten being 2nd in the call sheet, I guess Sheryll has to settle with being 3rd again despite her seniority in the task force. This show does Sheryll dirty.

Hope this family drama with Corey will be resolved soon. It’s petty and unnecessary. 😣

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Pretty good season premiere, wild case that took a lot of twists and turns. No one was sympathetic - not the creep stalker outside the bar who got shot, not the NASA analyst who was selling access to the systems and got killed, nor her accomplices or the nutty masterminds. Entertaining case.

I like having Nina join the team - I’m glad the franchise is finding a way to keep her around since there’s not room for her on original FBI. She fit in well from the start. I do wish they had been more clear about Kristin’s exit and why she left - did she have a relationship with Remy? Anyway I think Nina will be a better addition than Kristin was, there’s been a lot of turnover on this show, but I think the current team has good chemistry. 

Don’t really care about Remy and his nephew, but I understand both of them, Remy obviously wants to get to know the only connection to his brother, while Cory is dealing with a lot given that his mother lied to him about everything. Hopefully with time their relationship will be smoother. 

• Like 5

I was fine with Nina.  I especially had no issue with her addressing Remy's question about Kristin's departure.  I also think she fits in better with the current team dynamic.

Of course Remy didn't taking the doctor's advice because he knows better (insert eyeroll here).  I do hope this storyline doesn't take up too much space but it would nice if at some point the two could have some sort of relationship.

• Like 4
(edited)
On 2/13/2024 at 9:14 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

S05•E01 - Above & Beyond

So, Kristin left because her relationship with Remy didn’t work out, personally??!

I was disappointed to see her go.  The official reason I read was that her son got into Colorado University (I think) and she transferred to the Denver field office.  I didn’t really think her and Remy had much of a personal relationship anyway.

Edited by KeithJ
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Has anyone ever wondered how these agents can fly to a state/city and immediately jump into the latest issue of FBI Suv's and manage to traverse said city without ever asking for directions or using GPS and NEVER GET LOST?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Ok...I just have to get this off my chest...Nina is ridiculous. The freshly highlighted hair and blown out to perfection along with the spandex top, tight black pants and two inch heel boots running around with a gun is absurd. I live in an area where there are many FBI special agents in our neighborhood. They look NOTHING like this! They usually wear pants that are government issue and like wise with the shirts. They don't wear normal attire unless they are doing an undercover operation. And they most certainly don't wear two inch heel black leather boots! This is the problem with mainstream network TV shows. They just aren't realistic in the portrayal of people in jobs like this. "Nina" is just too Hollywood for me...I never liked her character before and now I just find her comical.

• Like 4

Not sure if I really care, but can someone remind me about Remy's brother drama? I remember his 'friend' ended up being the guilty party because of some girl.  what was the big lie from the sister?

and no surprise no one on the team likes remy. way out of line the way he talked to nina. and go out to dinner with them, he never tries any team bonding. just a horrible boss/leader.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jabRI said:

Not sure if I really care, but can someone remind me about Remy's brother drama? I remember his 'friend' ended up being the guilty party because of some girl.  what was the big lie from the sister?

and no surprise no one on the team likes remy. way out of line the way he talked to nina. and go out to dinner with them, he never tries any team bonding. just a horrible boss/leader.

I think the Remy's brother arc has run its course...move on.

• Applause 2
5 hours ago, jabRI said:

he never tries any team bonding. just a horrible boss/leader.

If I remember correctly, the whole group went to a bar once. They also had a gathering at Hana/Ray’s apartment. Remy also has (occasional) morning ritual of bringing his team some bagels.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

If I remember correctly, the whole group went to a bar once. They also had a gathering at Hana/Ray’s apartment. Remy also has (occasional) morning ritual of bringing his team some bagels.

You're right, I remember the non-family Thanksgiving or something.  I guess he just rubbed me the wrong way this time!

• Wink 1

Every season the cast turns over.  I’m past caring who is on the show and focus on the stories.  Lots of action this week, same old villains. I couldn’t figure out who to empathize with until it hit me that no one was good in this episode.  I didn’t even remember Corey until Remy visited him at the end. Does Remy need all this family drama? I prefer Nina who leaves Scola on a different show and the baby with a nanny we will never see and gets into the action. At least we know who she is from watching FBI.  I’ve called her Barnes for so long I didn’t remember who Sheryl is for a second.

• Like 1

This show went downhill for me once Jess left and Remy took over. Cannot stand him - smarmy attitude, bad boss, horribly annoying. It killed the show for me. I always saw Jess as being a bit cerebral - more profiling and less big asshat. 

I like Nina - but I also liked Kristen. 

I also don't understand why Barnes isn't Number 2? Wasn't she Jess's second in command?

• Like 4
On 2/15/2024 at 5:47 PM, Snazzy Daisy said:

Yeah we’ve seen Remy bring in breakfast for the team multiple times, and we’ve seen them hang out outside of work a few times - I remember Remy and Hana and Ray celebrating Thanksgiving together. 
I seem to be in the minority but I like Remy - I liked Jess too, and yeah the show has had a lot of turnover, but I like the current team and the previous teams. I can’t help but wonder if some of the Remy hate has more to do with the actor who plays him playing a comical supervillain over on L&O:SVU/Organized Crime - that character certainly wore out his welcome and that was an awful storyline, and I was hesitant about Remy at first because of that, but I like him fine. I like that they didn’t go with a Jess-clone to replace Jess, and instead brought in someone with a different personality and a different backstory. I liked the original team but the current team is good as well. I agree that Barnes should be the second in command, Kristin was probably my least favorite character on this show, I didn’t hate her but it was weird how she seemed to take Barnes spot as #2, and something about her was rather cold. I’m glad Nina has replaced her, Nina fits right in.

On 2/15/2024 at 11:59 AM, jabRI said:

It wasn’t Remy’s sister who lied, it was the girlfriend of Remy’s brother, the mother of Cory, she knew all along Remy’s brother was killed by his friend in an argument over her, but she kept silent because she was afraid for her and Cory’s safety. Cory never knew the truth about his dad or his dad’s family, and it’s clear he’s having a tough time adjusting. Personally I didn’t find his mom sympathetic at all, I get she was scared, especially since the killer’s family had money and the killer’s equally vile mom killed one witness before the truth came out, but if she had come forward the truth would’ve been known and an innocent guy wouldn’t have died in jail for the brother’s murder. Cory has every right to be angry at his mom. Hope that clears up some of that storyline. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

Pretty good case last night - I liked meeting Ray Sr, he was a pretty cool guy, and I liked the Ray got more of a focus, he’s a good character. The case was good, and I liked Remy dealing with the colleague of the 2 victims who was giving them attitude and telling him to cut the crap, and the investigation was pretty good. I liked how they worked Ray Sr into the plot. I did wonder why no patrol was posted at Ray Sr’s house when they determined he might be a target, that was puzzling to me, they should’ve had security for him and then the dude wouldn’t have gotten into his house. Other than that, pretty good episode. 

• Like 6

I also thought this was a pretty good case as well and didn't understand why no security was put on Ray Sr's house either.  And I've liked Steven Williams since seeing him on the X-Files.  Even Remy was tolerable.

• Like 6

I liked this episode a lot as Ray is my favorite character. I'm glad they have added more to him him by bringing in his father. Ray Sr. seems to be as likable as Jr. and he it seems he can hold his own in a rough spot, pleasure meeting him. 

• Like 5

I still find Ray the most boring character that's rotated through the team over the years.   The fact that Mr. X is his father is the most interesting thing about him.  I'd vote to swap them out in a heartbeat.  Especially don't care about Ray's dating life.   I did like the case over all.  There was nothing too gruesome and they're trying to sprinkle in a little humor.  Loved the landlady telling Remy to stop being sassy.