Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

In all fairness (full disclosure: I'm of Italian descent, a first-gen. American), I know very few Italian women who can't keep a huge house absolutely sparkling, have great food cooking on every burner, make sure every household detail is taken care of, keep their children groomed and dressed in freshly laundered clothes...Wish I could do that, but that gene bypassed me. I'm constantly amazed by the way they can juggle everything, plus take care of themselves, and never complain.

And I don't know of one who's ever hired someone to help out -- but that's my mother's generation, SAHMs. Now, I know these women have never been near a flat-iron either, but as far as keeping house, etc., I don't find it hard to believe that Teresa could be one of those first-generation Wonder Women who can clean a huge house like that on her own.

My Grandmother came over from Germany, she had 11 kids, all at home, and was the same way. Had Teresa not bragged that her mother cleaned for her, cooked their dinners and cared for the girls during the week, I would not call her out on her claim now of doing it all herself! She needs to review show footage before she tries to lie ON camera or to a Judge! LOL

I agree completely. I'm thinking of all the things my husband has brought me to sign over the years -- lease agreements, tax forms, insurance documents, release forms, permission slips, etc. I would only read them through if I felt it was important for me to know all the details, but it wasn't because I was worried he was using me to commit fraud. Like, with our lease I double checked that it was a pet friendly apartment and confirmed what utilities we'd need to pay for. If he stuck an extra form in or brought me something I'd had no reason to believe was forged and I went to prison and had my career options permanently tainted by a felony conviction? Not only would we get divorced, but it would be ugly and if I couldn't find work I'd be demanding spousal support out the wazoo.

Most people would question seeing a W2 for a job they never had and then question if it was/is legal to lie like that and why they needed to lie in the first place to get a mortgage.

• Love 7

Maybe this was discussed (I scanned and didn't see it)

It has been said in public that Joe has a drinking problem and by his own admission he drinks a bottle or two of wine at night.

WHY will he have sole custody of four girls?

How is he going to handle his alchohol issues, the incarceraton of Teresa, the loss of his father, legal issues, money problems and FOUR girls?  Shouldn't he be mandated to a treatment program now and have another responsible adult have some type of co-guardianship?

Joe could really go off the deep end with all these problems.  Seriously, you are leaving a troubled man with four children alone...drinking bottles of wine and he said he sometimes takes xanax. He has a hot temper.  He has numourous troubles (of his own making).

Is it just me or do you see a potential serious problem??????

I truly think custody should've been awarded to an aunt, uncle or grandparent while Joe works on  getting himself together or something. 

Not a huge Gorga fan but I think Melissa and Joe would love those girls.  Teresa claims to have good Giudice in laws. I'm actually worried about those girls. I grew up with an abusive alcoholicfather and anyone here with a similiar history...doesn't your stomach just turn thinking about the potentiial for disaster?

Yes, a lot of us here are worried for all of the reasons you cited, and have said the same thing. But the Court wasn't in the position to address custody. Nor is Family Court or DCS until something happens or someone brings the issue to the Court. Yes, Joe is incapable of properly caring for the girls, with his alcoholism being just one reason, but they're luckier than most in this situation in that there's an extended family to pitch in. A lot of kids with alcoholic single parents don't have that.

• Love 3

Maybe this was discussed (I scanned and didn't see it)

It has been said in public that Joe has a drinking problem and by his own admission he drinks a bottle or two of wine at night.

WHY will he have sole custody of four girls?

How is he going to handle his alchohol issues, the incarceraton of Teresa, the loss of his father, legal issues, money problems and FOUR girls?  Shouldn't he be mandated to a treatment program now and have another responsible adult have some type of co-guardianship?

Joe could really go off the deep end with all these problems.  Seriously, you are leaving a troubled man with four children alone...drinking bottles of wine and he said he sometimes takes xanax. He has a hot temper.  He has numourous troubles (of his own making).

Is it just me or do you see a potential serious problem??????

I truly think custody should've been awarded to an aunt, uncle or grandparent while Joe works on  getting himself together or something. 

Not a huge Gorga fan but I think Melissa and Joe would love those girls.  Teresa claims to have good Giudice in laws. I'm actually worried about those girls. I grew up with an abusive alcoholicfather and anyone here with a similiar history...doesn't your stomach just turn thinking about the potentiial for disaster?

I am not sure that the Judge bought into this sob story as much as some have. She may have felt it was said more for a sentence reduction for both Joe AND Teresa. The only person(s) making that claim were the defense Lawyers, not the Prosecutor in the case. The Judge would have know that they have a large family that can help out. Also, there is nothing stopping Joe from joining AA and getting help before Teresa goes to prison. Funny, I did not read that Joes Lawyer, the same in both the Federal and State cases, made the same claim about Joe drinking too much during the DL Fraud State case!  Just a thought IF it was important enough and true, he should have said it in both court cases!

• Love 1

Hmmm...I do see your point.

I get that his lawyers played the alcohol card maybe for some sympathy for Teresa.  Ok, but does a judge just ignore that?  If you have someone stand before you and say they have an alcohol problem, you let Joe have sole custody with no system of checks in place? 

Isn't Joe going to have mandatory alcohol treatment in jail though?  So he is addicted enough to have treatment in jail but can be in charge of four girls before he gets there? Did the judge order alcohol treatment currently while Teresa is in jail?  Did I miss something? (I'm sincerely asking)

I believe Joe Giudice loves his girls but he appears to be a loose cannon. Mix that with stress and alcohol. 

We have all speculated that Joe has an issue with alcohol. He has had many segments where he is drunk or hung over. 

Quite honestly, I think it would've been better for the two parents to serve time together and not stagger it.  Let a competent and caring family member care for the girls and give them the love and the support they need. Joe is a mess himself...he is in no shape to be dealing with emotional trauma these girls witll have dealing with their mother's incarceration. Can't you see him?  "It is what it is Milania" while taking another glass of that homemade wine!

Yes, family will help out but will Joe allow it?  Alcoholics can be angry and unreasonable.  I hope he accepts help from his mother. 

I really feel for the Giudice girls. 

Custody is only decided when Mom and Dad divorce and a judge has to decide which parent the kids lives with.   If a parent dies, there is no custody case.   If a parent goes off to jail, there is no custody case.   Because the other parent is the natural guardian of the kids, absent extraordinary situation.    Having the other parent be an alcoholic is not an extraordinary situation.  

• Love 6

Hmmm...I do see your point.

I get that his lawyers played the alcohol card maybe for some sympathy for Teresa.  Ok, but does a judge just ignore that?  If you have someone stand before you and say they have an alcohol problem, you let Joe have sole custody with no system of checks in place? 

Isn't Joe going to have mandatory alcohol treatment in jail though?  So he is addicted enough to have treatment in jail but can be in charge of four girls before he gets there? Did the judge order alcohol treatment currently while Teresa is in jail?  Did I miss something? (I'm sincerely asking)

I believe Joe Giudice loves his girls but he appears to be a loose cannon. Mix that with stress and alcohol. 

We have all speculated that Joe has an issue with alcohol. He has had many segments where he is drunk or hung over. 

Quite honestly, I think it would've been better for the two parents to serve time together and not stagger it.  Let a competent and caring family member care for the girls and give them the love and the support they need. Joe is a mess himself...he is in no shape to be dealing with emotional trauma these girls witll have dealing with their mother's incarceration. Can't you see him?  "It is what it is Milania" while taking another glass of that homemade wine!

Yes, family will help out but will Joe allow it?  Alcoholics can be angry and unreasonable.  I hope he accepts help from his mother. 

I really feel for the Giudice girls. 

It is not uncommon to use alcohol or another addiction in these types of white collar cases, it helps to reduce the defendants time served. When they agree to a treatment program, time is knocked off their sentence when they complete that program.

Even though most, if not all of us viewers, feel that Joe has a drinking problem, that does not mean he does in his daily life. No matter what we see, there is much more to these HW's and their families lives that we never see. And again, it is NOT the job of the Federal Judge to decide custody of the Giudice girls. With that said, the Federal Judge was well aware there is a very large extended family there to help both parents when the other is behind bars.

Joe also has 2 + months to get his act together and get help. It is up to him, no one can force him to quit drinking and I doubt they will try (family including Teresa) but they can and will be there for the girls IMO.

• Love 1

First of all, the lawyers didn't play the alcohol card for Teresa. It was only brought up in relation to Joe, so he could get admitted into a rehab program in prison, shortening his sentence. Secondly, as others have pointed out, the judge only decides (or rules) on what's in front if her. In this case, it was the sentences for Joe and Teresa, based on their crimes and the plea agreement. The welfare of the girls was not an issue.

• Love 2

I love hearing another HW from a different franchise say exactly what I am thinking......seems like many of them are afraid to say anything that will be perceived as negative. Might not be nice, might be judgmental, but it is all good with me. Go Heather.

http://www.eonline.com/news/589818/heather-dubrow-sounds-off-on-teresa-giudice-s-future-with-the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey

Harboring a criminal? Really Heather? Still dramatic I see.

The network is all about making money. And like it or not, Theresa makes them money. She's being punished for her crimes (unlike say a lot of professional athletes who continue to get paid while facing no consequences for their illegal actions), so I see no problem with the network continuing to exploit them if they're willing to keep being exploited after the punishment is complete.

• Love 3

Harboring a criminal? Really Heather? Still dramatic I see.

The network is all about making money. And like it or not, Theresa makes them money. She's being punished for her crimes (unlike say a lot of professional athletes who continue to get paid while facing no consequences for their illegal actions), so I see no problem with the network continuing to exploit them if they're willing to keep being exploited after the punishment is complete.

I'm not a Teresa fan but I've never even heard the phrase "harboring a criminal."    There are laws prohibiting "harboring a fugitive" but it's not illegal to hire someone with a criminal record.

Did anyone else notice or think that Rosie seemed to be reading the prayer from her phone?  

• Love 2

I'm not a Teresa fan but I've never even heard the phrase "harboring a criminal."    There are laws prohibiting "harboring a fugitive" but it's not illegal to hire someone with a criminal record.

Did anyone else notice or think that Rosie seemed to be reading the prayer from her phone?  

Yes she did read it from her phone. She also said holy instead of whole! lol Why would they watch their phones instead of a regular computer or a tablet? That would have killed my eyes!

• Love 1

Harboring a criminal.

Dear Pretentious Know-It-All,

The Guicidices were tried and sentenced. No one is obstructing justice. Employing a felon does not equal "harboring a criminal." Furthermore, if Bravo or anyone else wants to pay them for interviews, books, whatever, I don't care. In fact, I prefer it because that's a way to pay their crazy debt to their victims. Without it, there's nothing.

Heather is just embarrassed because, like it or not, she's on the same level as the felons- she's a Bravo HW, after all.

• Love 3

Harboring a criminal.

Dear Pretentious Know-It-All,

The Guicidices were tried and sentenced. No one is obstructing justice. Employing a felon does not equal "harboring a criminal." Furthermore, if Bravo or anyone else wants to pay them for interviews, books, whatever, I don't care. In fact, I prefer it because that's a way to pay their crazy debt to their victims. Without it, there's nothing.

Heather is just embarrassed because, like it or not, she's on the same level as the felons- she's a Bravo HW, after all.

I disagree with them using Teresa's paycheck to pay back the money. They have not done that to date and I do NOT believe they ever will. Some of her, Heather, comment was over the top but I am glad at least 1 HW said what Teresa/Joe did was wrong and that they must now pay for it. So far they have all skirted the issue and played along with "Bravo's Poor Teresa" shtick. JMO

• Love 5

I disagree with them using Teresa's paycheck to pay back the money. They have not done that to date and I do NOT believe they ever will. Some of her, Heather, comment was over the top but I am glad at least 1 HW said what Teresa/Joe did was wrong and that they must now pay for it. So far they have all skirted the issue and played along with "Bravo's Poor Teresa" shtick. JMO

Exactly. What in the world makes anyone think that Teresa and Joe are going to use their Bravo/Magazine/Book earnings to pay anyone back? Past behavior being the best predictor of future behavior and all that.  

Heather is dramatic and anything she says is going to be dramatic. That is just Heather. I am glad to finally see someone on Bravo's payroll state the obvious. Teresa and Joe are criminals. They stole from folks. She has said she wants to make things right but then continues to blame others for her problems. Bravo can keep on employing them all day long, but she is just saying what folks on this forum have been debating for months. At what point does it all become unseemly?

Heather is extremely disliked, so what she says will in most cases be disliked, even in cases where it might be exactly what most people think.  That is just the way it generally works. She is probably doing Teresa a favor - playing the Jac/Caroline/Melissa/Kathy role. If Heather keeps talking, before long you will have folks defending Teresa because in some cases that would be better than agreeing with anything that Heather would say. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

It is highly possible that Joe and Theresa will have no choice about using future earnings to pay back victims/the government/etc.    There are these wonderful things called liens and garnishments.    All anyone -- and I am sure the government has already done this -- has to is go get a court order for the amount owed.   Then they can attach a lien to property or wages.   Or they can garnish the checks.   There is only so much that can be garnished from each check, and there is a priority of garnishments (IRS is first, big surprise).   But the garnishments can stay in place until the person requesting asks that it be removed or the amount owed, plus attorney's fees, plus interest is paid.    These are SO MUCH FUN to do.

• Love 2

I love hearing another HW from a different franchise say exactly what I am thinking......seems like many of them are afraid to say anything that will be perceived as negative. Might not be nice, might be judgmental, but it is all good with me. Go Heather.

http://www.eonline.com/news/589818/heather-dubrow-sounds-off-on-teresa-giudice-s-future-with-the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey

Go Heather! Times 100! That's the Heather I used to like before she got kinda bitchy this past season. She's 100% right, and it's refreshing to see someone on Bravo's payroll have the guts to say what everyone else is saying about Felon Teresa (outside of the Bravo bubble). And she also echoed a sentiment I've been talking about a lot, and I don't think many agree with me - will Bravo risk hiring Teresa and/or Joe in the future, and is it the right thing to do? I say no and no.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 8
I love hearing another HW from a different franchise say exactly what I am thinking......seems like many of them are afraid to say anything that will be perceived as negative.  Might not be nice, might be judgmental, but it is all good with me. Go Heather. 

Ugh. As much as I can't stand Heather and her self righteous posture on most things, aka know-it-all, I do agree with her up to a point. The "harboring a criminal" is laughable and typical OTT speak for this sanctimonious pooh-bah.

• Love 3

It is highly possible that Joe and Theresa will have no choice about using future earnings to pay back victims/the government/etc.    There are these wonderful things called liens and garnishments.    All anyone -- and I am sure the government has already done this -- has to is go get a court order for the amount owed.   Then they can attach a lien to property or wages.   Or they can garnish the checks.   There is only so much that can be garnished from each check, and there is a priority of garnishments (IRS is first, big surprise).   But the garnishments can stay in place until the person requesting asks that it be removed or the amount owed, plus attorney's fees, plus interest is paid.    These are SO MUCH FUN to do.

Many of those debts that the Giudices owe, are nearing or are already past the filing deadline for collection, it varies state to state. I am not sure if the BK attempt or Federal case delayed the deadline for the filing date for those creditors or not but I doubt it. When someone owes you money they only have x amount of years to file a lien against you and that lien when filed only has a certain shelf life and then expires. The creditors can re-file  as needed but that does not mean they will ever get any money back. I think the Giudices will only have to use 20%-25% of their total yearly income to pay ALL their creditors back, with the government getting theirs first, then the banks/mortgages and FINALLY everyone else. I do NOT hold out much hope that any of the over $9 million they owe the others will be paid back.

• Love 2

I love hearing another HW from a different franchise say exactly what I am thinking......seems like many of them are afraid to say anything that will be perceived as negative.  Might not be nice, might be judgmental, but it is all good with me. Go Heather. 

That split screen picture of Heather and Teresa is difficult to look at.  It's like Halloween came early.  They make me want to go wash my face.

• Love 9

I agree completely. I'm thinking of all the things my husband has brought me to sign over the years -- lease agreements, tax forms, insurance documents, release forms, permission slips, etc. I would only read them through if I felt it was important for me to know all the details, but it wasn't because I was worried he was using me to commit fraud. Like, with our lease I double checked that it was a pet friendly apartment and confirmed what utilities we'd need to pay for. If he stuck an extra form in or brought me something I'd had no reason to believe was forged and I went to prison and had my career options permanently tainted by a felony conviction? Not only would we get divorced, but it would be ugly and if I couldn't find work I'd be demanding spousal support out the wazoo.

I think this perception is why Theresa still has a lot of fans. I too could see Theresa blindly signing whatever Joe put in front of her, including a tax return. However, the reason Theresa is going to prision is more. Theresa can claim ignorance, but at some point you need to step up and open your eyes. During the bankruptcy she needed to pay attention to what was going on. When she swore in court that was accurate, its her own fault for not understanding what was going on. My belief is she did understand, but at that point she and Joe thought they were going to get away with it and falsely claims innocence now through ignorance for public support.

When charges were brought, she should have asked questions until she understood. When agreeing to the plea, she should have understood. During the summer when they needed to get their papers in order for sentencing, that should have been her priority to reasearch, understand and get her ducks in a row. Instead she ignored everything, and now she is going to jail. In my eyes that is why she deserves jail time even if she did just blindly follow Joe.

• Love 12

I think this perception is why Theresa still has a lot of fans. I too could see Theresa blindly signing whatever Joe put in front of her, including a tax return. However, the reason Theresa is going to prision is more. Theresa can claim ignorance, but at some point you need to step up and open your eyes. During the bankruptcy she needed to pay attention to what was going on. When she swore in court that was accurate, its her own fault for not understanding what was going on. My belief is she did understand, but at that point she and Joe thought they were going to get away with it and falsely claims innocence now through ignorance for public support.

When charges were brought, she should have asked questions until she understood. When agreeing to the plea, she should have understood. During the summer when they needed to get their papers in order for sentencing, that should have been her priority to reasearch, understand and get her ducks in a row. Instead she ignored everything, and now she is going to jail. In my eyes that is why she deserves jail time even if she did just blindly follow Joe.

She signed fake W-2 forms, pretending she worked for Joe's construction company when she knew she didn't. Then she lied about it under oath. She knew EXACTLY what she was doing.

• Love 16

The creditors can re-file  as needed but that does not mean they will ever get any money back. I think the Giudices will only have to use 20%-25% of their total yearly income to pay ALL their creditors back, with the government getting theirs first, then the banks/mortgages and FINALLY everyone else. I do NOT hold out much hope that any of the over $9 million they owe the others will be paid back.

In addition, just because the court says the Giudices owe money and must pay it back - they are not bill collectors.  The person requesting the garnishment or lien must then file more paperwork with another department in order to get the garnishment rolling. 

The IRS will pursue them with a passion, but I'm afraid the contractor(s) they stiffed for $5000 might not because they feel it's not worth the time and effort.  Pity.

• Love 2

I'm sure most of the Guidice's creditors won't get the all (or any) of the money that's owed to them and that's so wrong on many levels.   I hope that this prevents  them from being able to get credit in the future though.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

In addition, just because the court says the Giudices owe money and must pay it back - they are not bill collectors.  The person requesting the garnishment or lien must then file more paperwork with another department in order to get the garnishment rolling. 

The IRS will pursue them with a passion, but I'm afraid the contractor(s) they stiffed for $5000 might not because they feel it's not worth the time and effort.  Pity.

Also, some of those contractors, suppliers and small businesses are now out of business as well. There will be a lot of paperwork for years to come and even if they go for it, I do not think they will see a dime of the money owed them. 

• Love 1

She signed fake W-2 forms, pretending she worked for Joe's construction company when she knew she didn't. Then she lied about it under oath. She knew EXACTLY what she was doing.

I agree, I just think she is pretending she blindly followed Joe to try to hang on to whatever fan base is left.

• Love 6

I agree, I just think she is pretending she blindly followed Joe to try to hang on to whatever fan base is left.

Yes, but she didn't ignore or misunderstand anything. Well, maybe in the beginning, because she's as dumb as a box of rocks, but once they got all this free money, she was in like Flynn. She loved what the money could buy, so she became a willing participant. The fake W-2 forms are the best example of her willful lying, not only because she signed them, but because she testified about the matter in the BK deposition. She can't blame Joe for the words that came out of her mouth under oath, like she does everything else.

As for the assets disclosure prior to sentencing - she wasn't innocent there, either. Remember, Joe and Teresa had separate lawyers. Each lawyer (or set of lawyers) had an obligation to their client. In Teresa's case, her lawyer had to do his due diligence in instructing his client, Teresa, and that included her responsibilities re: the pre-sentencing probation report. A lawyer would not be doing his job or serving his client if he said "let's just let Joe and his legal team take care of this extremely important part of the plea agreement." Bottom line - Teresa's actions - all of them - were willful and deliberate.

• Love 3

I'm sure the courts are holding the passports that the Giudwhatevers admitted to having.   But considering Joe had no problem using his brother's id to get a driver's license and is not a US citizen, I am betting there are more passports out there.   

• Love 3

Has the government confiscated their passports?  For some strange reason, I keep thinking Juicy, Tre and their children will hightail it out of the USA and run to Italy.  

The Feds took their passports when they turned themselves in at the court house last year and they still  have them.

• Love 1

I get that his lawyers played the alcohol card maybe for some sympathy for Teresa.  Ok, but does a judge just ignore that?  If you have someone stand before you and say they have an alcohol problem, you let Joe have sole custody with no system of checks in place?

Isn't Joe going to have mandatory alcohol treatment in jail though?  So he is addicted enough to have treatment in jail but can be in charge of four girls before he gets there? Did the judge order alcohol treatment currently while Teresa is in jail?  Did I miss something? (I'm sincerely asking)

With budget cuts and taxpayers highly reluctant to pay for social services, there is barely enough money to investigate actual child abuse, much less potential child abuse.  

• Love 2

I think they had to turn in their passports quite awhile ago.

Also, I didn't think a W-2 is signed by anyone. Any tax pros here who can explain the form?

A W2 is not signed but the copy of the filed income tax form would be. Teresa would have been at the bank to sign the mortgages that SHE was the primary borrower on and would have seen the fake W2, the fake Tax forms, and seen jobs listed that she never had BEFORE signing the paperwork. She was well aware the W2 was not hers because she had NO job outside the home, the tax report/filing was not real because she had NO job outside the home and that she never owned a company or was a real estate agent. This was NOT a 1 time lie told by Joe AND Teresa.

• Love 5

Wirewrap, thank you for clarifying that Teresa didn't sign the W-2.

So she signed fake income tax returns or did Joe sign for her? I'm curious because she was adamant that she only attended one closing. Is that the Wells Fargo fraud?

• Love 1

Has the government confiscated their passports?  For some strange reason, I keep thinking Juicy, Tre and their children will hightail it out of the USA and run to Italy.

Can you imagine this? Teresa and the four girls all dressed alike with matching hot pink leopard suitcases trying to slyly sneak out of the country. I'm sure if they thought they could, they'd do it in a heartbeat though.

• Love 6

She was well aware the W2 was not hers because she had NO job outside the home, the tax report/filing was not real because she had NO job outside the home and that she never owned a company or was a real estate agent.

Exactly. This is key to her lying, because as dim as Teresa is, even she knew she wasn't employed outside the home. And where's zoeysmom when you need her, because I could have sworn she once posted a transcript of Teresa's BK depo transcript, where she openly lied about this.

• Love 2

Wirewrap, thank you for clarifying that Teresa didn't sign the W-2.

So she signed fake income tax returns or did Joe sign for her? I'm curious because she was adamant that she only attended one closing. Is that the Wells Fargo fraud?

I did not buy into her 'excuse" that Joe forged her signature and she dropped that excuse a while ago. Now she just sticks to the story that she blindly signed whatever he told her too and/or she did not "understand" what she was signing. Joe is the only one to claim that Teresa was only at 1 signing, I do not remember her saying that and I think Teresa is smart enough to know the Feds could and would prove she was there at signings and that it was HER signature not a forgery. Teresa's stories/excuses have changed several times since this all began and I will not be surprised if they morph into something else. What would shock me, is if Teresa ever just told the honest to God truth!

• Love 2

When charges were brought, she should have asked questions until she understood. When agreeing to the plea, she should have understood.

In the first interview with Andy when they were talking about not understanding the plea agreement, they somehow treaded into the first round of 41 counts or whatever and the sentence for that.  Teresa immediately chimed in with something to the affect of "well, if we didn't take the plea deal we could have been charged 10 year or something for EACH COUNT..."  She certainly seemed to be QUITE AWARE of what was at stake in that moment.  She's full of shit from end to end.  

• Love 6

In the first interview with Andy when they were talking about not understanding the plea agreement, they somehow treaded into the first round of 41 counts or whatever and the sentence for that.  Teresa immediately chimed in with something to the affect of "well, if we didn't take the plea deal we could have been charged 10 year or something for EACH COUNT..."  She certainly seemed to be QUITE AWARE of what was at stake in that moment.  She's full of shit from end to end.

Exactly! Nice catch.

She was at the closing for her home, but none of the other properties … 

You mean according to Teresa and Joe she was only at 1 closing. Just like she said that she never signed anything...oops...then it was she never read anything she signed....double oops ..then it became she never read anything AND no one ever explained what she signed!  lol

• Love 5

I'm just feeling some kind of way about how it seems that the Giudices are getting preferential treatment.  I have never heard of letting a husband and wife crime duo serve their time one after the other that way.  He doesn't start serving his time until she's done serving hers?!  Get outa here!!!  It's not like they don't have family to take care of their children while they are locked up.  This really pisses me off!  I'm already pissed that Apollo Nida gets 7 years and the Giudices only get months for their thievery.  This is some bullshit!!! 

• Love 3

I'm just feeling some kind of way about how it seems that the Giudices are getting preferential treatment.  I have never heard of letting a husband and wife crime duo serve their time one after the other that way.  He doesn't start serving his time until she's done serving hers?!  Get outa here!!!  It's not like they don't have family to take care of their children while they are locked up.  This really pisses me off!  I'm already pissed that Apollo Nida gets 7 years and the Giudices only get months for their thievery.  This is some bullshit!!! 

The Feds work a little differently than State courts. J. Jackson Jr. and his wife got the same deal, 1 went in while the other stayed home, then they will switch places. I admit that I have never heard of it with regular criminals, those with out money that is, before, only wealthy criminals. I think Apollo got more time because this was his second Felony and there were many victims. IMO, Teresa and Joe got off easy. The Feds should have taken everything, houses, cars, furs, jewelry, construction equipment, ATVs, anything that did not belong to the girls and that could be sold.  JMO

• Love 4

I'm just feeling some kind of way about how it seems that the Giudices are getting preferential treatment.  I have never heard of letting a husband and wife crime duo serve their time one after the other that way. 

Staggered sentences are not that uncommon in federal court for spouses with young children.

• Love 1

It actually is pretty normal to stagger husband-wife sentences.   Sure you don't hear about it for non-wealthy criminals, but how many trials of non-wealty people do you hear about?   The average drug dealer does not make headlines.   

It makes sense because then one parent is always home to care for the kids instead of suddenly dumping the kids on relatives who may not have the means/room etc to care for the kids, especially with no support coming from the incarcerated parents.   This way one parent can work and support the family while awaiting his/her turn.   Sure Joe ain't gonna work and ain't gonna take care of the kids, but we are talking about the average family of criminals here, not this wannabe crime family.

• Love 2

Although I know it's unpopular, and since now watching the past seasons - I actually think Richie Wakile is funny. Remember I'm also a Juicy fan so I like inappropriate humor. IMO - Richie's originally from Beruit so I can only assume he thinks this is all ridiculous bullshit.

• Love 2