Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

I am prepared to duck some rotten tomatoes. Ok here goes ,if it weren't for the fact that the Guidices bankrolled this and the skimpy outfits I thought the video was great (ducks). I thought Gia looked great and is very talented. I hope she doesn't put all her eggs in one basket and continues to excell at school. I hope I'm not shunned for this

Only if you're Amish...

• Love 6

the video is really all about Teresa, just another vehicle for her to feel better about herself.  Now when someone criticizes her parenting, she can point to this and say that she loveloveloves her beautiful daughter soooooo much, she spent $10K for her to make a video.  I read in the Daily Mail U.K. that Teresa said it was something "positive" and "happy" to focus on instead of the shit storm that they created for themselves.  If that's the case, I can think of a million other/cheaper things that they could have done to get that same result.

• Love 2

I've been calling this daughter Melania, but another poster calls her Gia.  Do I have the daughters mixed up?

To tell the truth, these girls aren't bad  They're right on vocally, and I could get most of the lyrics.  They could possibly make a go of it if they wanted to.  However, it seems to me this is just one more mother-daughter whim.  (Remember the commercial tryouts?)  What will they decide to try next that costs $25K? 

Edited by Lura

What? The fuck. What did I just watch?! I don't think Gia is unattractive but i thought makeup was supposed to make you look *better*?

The blond girl is the singer and rapper, right? I though Gia was rapping but then it looked like she was standing next to the girl who was.

What are the odds they paid royalty fees to do that song? Oh, that's right. Theresa didn't know you can't record copyrighted material. Her lawyers didn't tell her!

• Love 2

If Teresa cared as much about her parents as she claims, why isn't she worried they'll have a stroke when they see Gia prancing around like she does in that video?  Then again, maybe Teresa's parents aren't as "old school" as she claims they are.

• Love 1

Why am I not surprised at this? Typical of Teresa to indulge in anything her kids want. Hasn't she said that Gia is her best friend? Gia needs a mother, not a best friend who will finance and cater to her whims. This woman hasn't got a lick of good sense. Gimme a break -- that video is way too provocative and adult for any 13 year old girl to be in.

• Love 4

Of course in the Gorga v. Giudice feud this means Gia copied Melissa.  There will be hell to pay for someone in the "she copied me" arsenal of things to nitpick about.

I am prepared to duck some rotten tomatoes. Ok here goes ,if it weren't for the fact that the Guidices bankrolled this and the skimpy outfits I thought the video was great (ducks). I thought Gia looked great and is very talented. I hope she doesn't put all her eggs in one basket and continues to excell at school. I hope I'm not shunned for this

For every review such as yours outside the Real Housewives realm where generally people lay off the RH kids there will be a bounty of peers who may not enjoy or appreciate and pan the girls' efforts.  I hope the girls can withstand the criticism.  So far the reviews have been not so favorable mainly due to mature content. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6304292/teresa-giudices-daughter-gia-releases-music-video-for-britney-spears-circus

The girls made People magazine http://www.people.com/people/videos/0,,20867965,00.html

From US Magazine. . . http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/teresa-giudices-daughter-gia-13-debuts-music-video-with-3kt-20143110

One of the funnier comments 3KT refers to gold weight not diamond weight (3C) making them virtually worthless-maybe the talent agency should have checked that out before naming the group.

One thing is for certain Gia is certainly getting a lot of press maybe it will parlay this venture into success.

• Love 1

Of course in the Gorga v. Giudice feud this means Gia copied Melissa.  There will be hell to pay for someone in the "she copied me" arsenal of things to nitpick about.

For every review such as yours outside the Real Housewives realm where generally people lay off the RH kids there will be a bounty of peers who may not enjoy or appreciate and pan the girls' efforts.  I hope the girls can withstand the criticism.  So far the reviews have been not so favorable mainly due to mature content. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6304292/teresa-giudices-daughter-gia-releases-music-video-for-britney-spears-circus

The girls made People magazine http://www.people.com/people/videos/0,,20867965,00.html

From US Magazine. . . http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/teresa-giudices-daughter-gia-13-debuts-music-video-with-3kt-20143110

One of the funnier comments 3KT refers to gold weight not diamond weight (3C) making them virtually worthless-maybe the talent agency should have checked that out before naming the group.

One thing is for certain Gia is certainly getting a lot of press maybe it will parlay this venture into success.

I am not sure how much this type of press will do to help Gia, most of the stories lead in with daughter of "Convicted Felon" Teresa Giudice, or some play on that wording. Right now, it is more about Teresa than Gia. AND that makes me question if Gia and Teresa/Joe's notoriety is being used by the talent agency to spotlight the singer/rapper more than Gia or the other dancer!

Why am I not surprised at this? Typical of Teresa to indulge in anything her kids want. Hasn't she said that Gia is her best friend? Gia needs a mother, not a best friend who will finance and cater to her whims. This woman hasn't got a lick of good sense. Gimme a break -- that video is way too provocative and adult for any 13 year old girl to be in.

Teresa goes on and on about how mature Gia is, the reason Gia seems so mature for her age is because her mother, Teresa, is so IMMATURE for HER age! Teresa confides adult subject matter (not sexual though, at least I hope not) to her 13 year old daughter and has for years. She has allowed Gia to serf the web and be on twitter without any restraints. Anyone can tweet Gia, ANYONE, her twitter account is NOT "protected" as most of her friends of the same age are! Gia is much more the parent to her sisters AND to her parents than Joe/Teresa are IMO.

• Love 3

I am not sure how much this type of press will do to help Gia, most of the stories lead in with daughter of "Convicted Felon" Teresa Giudice, or some play on that wording. Right now, it is more about Teresa than Gia. AND that makes me question if Gia and Teresa/Joe's notoriety is being used by the talent agency to spotlight the singer/rapper more than Gia or the other dancer!

Daughter of a gangsta with street cred publicity tour?  Maybe her first song will be about her mama doing time.  After being confused why someone would watch these girls do a Britney Spears song instead of watching Britney do Britney I guess cover songs on You Tube is one of the more popular ways to be "discovered".  Maybe an original song is in the works?  It would not surprise me to see these girls get picked up by a record label or independent producer.  Where is Kandi Burris when you need her?  If 3K works doing cover songs they may have a new career ahead of them.  One of the things I found by watching the video is there really is any significant time spent showing the girls truly doing a choreographed number there seems to be a lot screen splitting and special effects.  I don't know how that translates to live performances.

Daughter of a gangsta with street cred publicity tour?  Maybe her first song will be about her mama doing time.  After being confused why someone would watch these girls do a Britney Spears song instead of watching Britney do Britney I guess cover songs on You Tube is one of the more popular ways to be "discovered".  Maybe an original song is in the works?  It would not surprise me to see these girls get picked up by a record label or independent producer.  Where is Kandi Burris when you need her?  If 3K works doing cover songs they may have a new career ahead of them.  One of the things I found by watching the video is there really is any significant time spent showing the girls truly doing a choreographed number there seems to be a lot screen splitting and special effects.  I don't know how that translates to live performances.

I am not sure how long Teresa would allow Gia to be a "dancer" and not THE star, LOL, she is very competitive after all!  The lead singer gets the press and I am not sure that a legit label or producer would want to sign the singer and 2 dancers, especially when 1 is only 13 years old! I see this "group" being more of a launching pad for the singer than Gia or even for the other dancer. Maybe both dancers are hoping to get hired for some music videos but I doubt they would ALL get signed as a "girl group".

• Love 1

Against all better judgement and vows not to encourage hits on You Tube for this type of thing (really only pertains to HW), I just watched that (meaning 3T?). It's not a bad video - if you're Beyoncé. I think we're all pretty good about keeping the minor's out of it (Manzo's thankfully don't apply), but how old is Gia? I think at least Britney wasn't a minor when she did Circus. Oops I Did It Again (Mr DC loves it) it wasn't.

I feel bad for the kids so I try to hold my tongue, so I'll not (maybe) comment on it again. But damn....

I love the comment about karat pertaining to gold weight.

My guess is that Teresa named the group.  We all know she's dumber than dirt.

• Love 3

Against all better judgement and vows not to encourage hits on You Tube for this type of thing (really only pertains to HW), I just watched that (meaning 3T?). It's not a bad video - if you're Beyoncé. I think we're all pretty good about keeping the minor's out of it (Manzo's thankfully don't apply), but how old is Gia? I think at least Britney wasn't a minor when she did Circus. Oops I Did It Again (Mr DC loves it) it wasn't.

I feel bad for the kids so I try to hold my tongue, so I'll not (maybe) comment on it again. But damn....

Gia is 13 years old and Spears was 28 when Circus was released! She was over twice as old as Gia in the same song.

On Fabellini topics...it seems I have a personal connection (however tenuous) to Teresa Giudice. My former hairdresser D.'s former girlfriend's sister runs a "consulting/business services" operation called Velocity 1 Media whose entire business seems to have consisted of shepherding Teresa to various wine-and-sign events at restaurants, boutiques, wine stores, etc. throughout North and Central Jersey. Prior to that, they were involved in a web series called "Dining Out with the Manzos" with Albie and Chris, and they still seem to produce events with not only the Juicys, but the Wakiles, the Gorgas, Caroline and her family, Dina, Rosie, and Danielle in attendance, proving money trumps personal animosity in these quarters when the cameras are off. Caroline and Teresa in particular are not averse to indirect personal associations via this lady (R.L.) Here is their Facebook page for anyone interested: https://www.facebook.com/Velocity1Media/timeline. The photo stream has lots of revealing (and unintentionally hilarious) pics of the RHONJ cast, Velocity 1's proprietors, and adoring fans taken at these wine signings. The top banner photo is, from left, Teresa, my former hairdresser's former girlfriend's sister, Juicy Joe, and my former hairdresser's former girlfriend's sister's wife. One questions what direction their business is going in now that Teresa is going into the slammer...

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 1

Late to the party, but help me out here: they're not really a group, are they? My take on it is this - these are three teen girls with rich or pseudo-rich parents (Tre and Juicy) who did what a lot of teens do these days - make a video and post it online. Only in this case, because of the financial backing and celebrity-related angle, it's getting a lot of play and media attention. Esp. because of the price tag and Teresa's misplaced financial decisions. Don't get me wrong - it's way too sexualized for a tween, and Gia needs to step OUT of the spotlight, not back IN. But at the end of the day, it's just a silly karaoke cover of a Britney song, right?

Now if these girls are quitting school and hitting the road, that's something else entirely.

• Love 2

On Fabellini topics...it seems I have a personal connection (however distant) to Teresa Giudice. My former hairdresser D.'s former girlfriend's sister runs a "consulting/business services" (convuluted, huh?) called Velocity 1 Media whose entire business seems to have consisted of shepherding Teresa to various wine-and-sign events at restaurants, boutiques, wine stores, etc. throughout North and Central Jersey. Prior to that, they were involved in a web series called "Dining Out with the Manzos" with Albie and Chris, and they still seem to produce events with not only the Juicys, but the Wakiles, Caroline and her family, Dina, Rosie, and Danielle in attendance, proving money trumps personal animosity in these quarters when the cameras are off. Caroline and Teresa in particular are not averse to indirect personal associations via this lady I'm connected to (R.L.) Here is their Facebook page for anyone interested: https://www.facebook.com/Velocity1Media/timeline. The photo stream has lots of revealing (and unintentionally hilarious) pics of the RHONJ cast, Velocity 1's proprietors, and adoring fans taken at these wine signings. The top banner photo is, from left, Teresa, my former hairdresser's former girlfriend's sister, Juicy Joe, and my former hairdresser's former girlfriend's sister's wife. One questions what direction their business is going in now that Teresa is going into the slammer...

WOW, it looks like their main client was Teresa! I hope they were not the ones to set up the "cash only" signings, did they handle the book/fabswill signings? That they are all together at these events begs the question, is the fighting just for the shows drama/ratings and NOT real? LOL I would not put it past any of them or Bravo/Andy to fake all or most of the cast fights.

Late to the party, but help me out here: they're not really a group, are they? My take on it is this - these are three teen girls with rich or pseudo-rich parents (Tre and Juicy) who did what a lot of teens do these days - make a video and post it online. Only in this case, because of the financial backing and celebrity-related angle, it's getting a lot of play and media attention. Esp. because of the price tag and Teresa's misplaced financial decisions. Don't get me wrong - it's way too sexualized for a tween, and Gia needs to step OUT of the spotlight, not back IN. But at the end of the day, it's just a silly karaoke cover of a Britney song, right?

Now if these girls are quitting school and hitting the road, that's something else entirely.

IMO, just mine, I suspect they are using Gia/Teresa's name to promote the singer and maybe get Gia and the other dancer work AS dancers on other videos/shows. If it is nothing more that "karaoke" it is an expensive joke/gag. Of course, it could be nothing more than an advertisement for the Talent Agency and their array of kid talent and was paid entirely by Xist TA.

Edited by WireWrap

IMO, just mine, I suspect they are using Gia/Teresa's name to promote the singer and maybe get Gia and the other dancer work AS dancers on other videos/shows. If it is nothing more that "karaoke" it is an expensive joke/gag. Of course, it could be nothing more than an advertisement for the Talent Agency and their array of kid talent and was paid entirely by Xist TA.

They (whoever "they" are) definitely used Gia. She's in the background throughout most of the video. She's only in the forefront during the scene in her room. And the Milania cameo only confirms the RH tie-in.

when I was on YouTube looking for Gia's video I saw others of her at various venues (ie. Kids choice awards etc) so I asked my 13 year old daughter if she knew who Gia Guidice is. She said no so I explained her parents stole some money and were going to jail. I also said she is a lot like you she does cheerleading and gymnastics etc. Well my dear daughter proved she was a chip off the old social worker, she somehow missed the fact that I was talking about the RH , and said mommy you've got to introduce us I'll be her freind. Aww.....love that child.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 7

I saw a short clip of the video and that was enough for me. Now I like artists like Britney and Miley but this is ridiculous. These girls are way too young to be dressing and acting like that. Everything about it screamed "cheap." Those pretend fans in the audience? LOL The "singer" sucked and was 100% auto tuned. The rapping sucked. If anything, Gia needs privacy right now. As others have said, the "singer" may just be using Gia for publicity and Gia gets a small cut or this is Teresa's doing. I don't predict this horrible group will go anywhere. There are much better groups out there such as One Direction and Fifth Harmony, and while I don't like them, they have real talent, unlike this group. If Rebecca Black was a girl group, it would be 3KT. I predict they're a one and done.

• Love 2

Not at all...you are entitled to your opinion.  In fact, it looks like the comments on Youtube are much more positive then you think.  It looks like to me one girl is the singer and another one does the rap part.  I think that they let Gia in for her in NJ howife connection (why else have a 13 year old in the group and then have Milania do the random cameo at the end).    I wish the best for Gia and hope she makes the right decisions for her life (unlike her mother).

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 3

WOW, it looks like their main client was Teresa! I hope they were not the ones to set up the "cash only" signings, did they handle the book/fabswill signings? That they are all together at these events begs the question, is the fighting just for the shows drama/ratings and NOT real? LOL I would not put it past any of them or Bravo/Andy to fake all or most of the cast fights.

I don't think Velocity 1 became heavily involved in promoting Teresa until after the cash-only wine signing at Posche in Wayne in March, and that their events are more legitimate. R.L. has connections with a lot of North Jersey restaurants, etc. through her connections to the Dining Out magazine and credit card, which were probably useful to the Giudices. I just think the Giudices were a high-risk choice of clientele, considering their legal and financial problems! I believe all of Teresa's book signings, on the other hand, happen through her publisher's marketing and publicity departments.

I do think there's at least a grain of real emotion in most of the fights on RHONJ, since these people are not trained actors; it's all just inflated for the screen and the real reasons for their antagonism are probably often not given. I think the ones who are related here had and have fights that go deeper than the surface of the screen. Jacqueline and Dina seem to really hate each other, and I think Melissa and Kathy really had serious beef with Teresa. But Caroline primarily treated the show as a job, and she's interested now in parlaying her stint on RHONJ into a livelihood for her children, however questionable a decision that is. I don't think any dislike she had of Teresa goes deep enough to make her averse to appearing at the same events with her or working with the same publicists, if it's good for Caroline's business. Caroline and Teresa were once essentially coworkers for Bravo. They didn't get along along while filming (a state of affairs probably enhanced by production), but now that they're not seeing each other on a daily or weekly basis, I don't think they care much about one another. I can speak from an experience I imagine is common; when I've had to see certain annoying co-workers on a daily basis I despise them (and the job), but after quitting, and not having to deal with said offensive people, I can't bring myself to care.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 3

when I was on YouTube looking for Gia's video I saw others of her at various venues (ie. Kids choice awards etc) so I asked my 13 year old daughter if she knew who Gia Guidice is. She said no so I explained her parents stole some money and were going to jail. I also said she is a lot like you she does cheerleading and gymnastics etc. Well my dear daughter proved she was a chip off the old social worker, she somehow missed the fact that I was talking about the RH , and said mommy you've got to introduce us I'll be her freind. Aww.....love that child.

What a great young woman you are raising.  Gia does need friends-maybe friends who aren't interested in a singing career.  As she adjusts to a single parent household I hope Gia gets to spend time doing normal kid things that she loves.  I hate the idea that she is expected "to help" if it impedes her teen years.  I would like to see her stay involved in the less expensive normal school activities of an eighth grader.

• Love 2

I found this by accident after googling her forehead (...I know. Don't judge me). http://teresagiudiceforehead.tumblr.com/

No regrets.

Frightening.

I never noticed that Teresa has Coloboma in her right eye.  The same birth defect that Madeline McCann has. Interesting.  It's sometimes related to other genetic issues/developmental problems.  Or...it could have been caused by a trauma, but most occur in utero.  I feel like a tiny bit of my soul has been sucked out by gazing at pictures of Teresa's eyes for the past few minutes.

teresa-giudice-promotion-new-jersey-prph

• Love 1

I remember reading Wendy Feldman claiming, "Teresa sells stories every day," which got me thinking about this Gia video.  I think the whole $10,000.00 on the video was a plant.  It is interesting to me that E! News ran a story claiming the whole video was only $5,000.00, and paid for by the talent agency.  Without the $10,000.00 angle, Teresa allegedly spent, I don't think the story would have had the traction it has received.  Sure the clothes and content raised a few eyebrows but I believe it was the rumor (original run by RadarOnLine) that caused the rush.  There is never a concrete confirmation or denial by Teresa just Gia's agency.  I know Teresa has been paid by Life & Style, OK! magazine and it appears that US seems to have the drop on her so I don't think RadarOnLine is out of the realm.

To me, once is enough, unless of course this 3K takes off, which after hearing and watching the stuff my college age kids play I just don't see any extraordinary talent in the singing and dancing department.  The girls are certainly pleasant enough to look at but no real beauties in the bunch.  I am comparing them to say Danielle's daughter (who had a very short-lived career) or the Hadid girls who both picked up big time modeling contracts-with the help of course from mom and dad's influence and money.

So next month or month after when the girls release another video or a download, something they would actually see $$$$ for, I am thinking it will be tied once again to Teresa.  Then there will be the obligatory video made while her mother is in prison.  After awhile it will become ho-hum. 

• Love 3

Gia's girl group video is just a teen play thing. It's just karaoke. If they were real singers, then they'd audition on shows like American Idol or Amerca's Got Talent, etc... At least Melissa (and Wig, and the Countess, and all the other HW's who put out singles) wrote and recorded an original song, however bad they were (and of course by "wrote" I mean had written for them). Karaoke acts only live on YouTube. (Even still, I hope she puts down the mic and picks up a book).

• Love 2

I think a lot of money was spent on that video.  More than $10K, probably (hopefully) less than 30.

Gia has been dancing and singing with those same two girls for some time now. Pictures of the 3 of them date back to 2008. In February they sang for Little Mix. I don't worry that fame and fortune is going to ruin Gia because she and her friends don't seem any more talented than any number of teens whose dreams include becoming video music stars.  They likely won't go far in that endeavor.  I'm more worried that she's not going to be able to handle the criticism and downright cruelty that is (already) coming her way because of the video.  She's so sensitive.  And she's 13. 

I can understand wanting to help your daughter realize her dreams but this is the time where Gia should be keeping her head down and concentrating on just getting through the next few years with her parents in prison. 

• Love 1

Speaking of the other housewives who put out songs, what is with all of these people thinking they can sing and putting out crappy music? IMO the only one who can sing is Kandi and obviously because that was her real profession and she's been doing it for several years. It's one thing if they do one song because it's fun and they have the money to do it. But I think some of them think they actually have a talent for it, like didn't Joe Gorga build a whole recording studio for Melissa or something? And Scheana from Vanderpump Rules also has put out a few songs on iTunes, although at least she acknowledged she's not a great singer. 

• Love 3

OK Magazine has a piece online about the ways Teresa is preparing for her stint in the slammer.

I especially got a kick out of this one:

"she gets laser hair removal on her forehead”

I know the mag was just being snaky but SHE SHOULD laser her forehead!  Maybe wait until she's out of prison, but that really needs to be added to her list: Legs, Pits, Bikini area, Forehead. 

• Love 3

Speaking of the other housewives who put out songs, what is with all of these people thinking they can sing and putting out crappy music? IMO the only one who can sing is Kandi and obviously because that was her real profession and she's been doing it for several years. It's one thing if they do one song because it's fun and they have the money to do it. But I think some of them think they actually have a talent for it, like didn't Joe Gorga build a whole recording studio for Melissa or something? And Scheana from Vanderpump Rules also has put out a few songs on iTunes, although at least she acknowledged she's not a great singer. 

I don't care to watch or hear Kandi sing because of the way she stretches notes out but she does have a voice.  The one who I think can sing when she isn't doing the Kandi is that brute Porsha.  Who can forget RHONJ first songstress, during her lesbian period-Danielle Staub.  http://starcasm.net/archives/53326  At the bottom of the article is a link to Amazon to buy several of the different RH attempts at music.

Maybe while Teresa is in prison Melissa and Gia can record a duet of "On Display".

I found this by accident after googling her forehead (...I know. Don't judge me). http://teresagiudiceforehead.tumblr.com/

No regrets.

That is funny and frightening at the same time.

I know the mag was just being snaky but SHE SHOULD laser her forehead!  Maybe wait until she's out of prison, but that really needs to be added to her list: Legs, Pits, Bikini area, Forehead. 

My impression of it was that she already does get laser treatments of her forehead.  I'd have to go back and compare S1 and S6 photos to see if there's a difference or not.

• Love 2

The Giudice girls dressed up for Halloween. No wonder Gabriella has always been my favorite...

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-style/news/teresa-giudice-celebrates-halloween-with-daughters-before-prison-2014111

From Teresa's Forehead on twitter:  https://twitter.com/SimianGiudice  Some Halloween revelers getting in the January 15th spirit.

Maybe a better link-I can't isolate the photo I wanted to post. https://twitter.com/michaelbreslin/media

My impression of it was that she already does get laser treatments of her forehead.  I'd have to go back and compare S1 and S6 photos to see if there's a difference or not.

PS it is not working

Edited by zoeysmom

OMG!!  She should get a new forehead laserer or what ever it is they call them!!

My impression of it was that she already does get laser treatments of her forehead. I'd have to go back and compare S1 and S6 photos to see if there's a difference or not.

A quick Google search proves these recent photos are clearly photoshopped.

I have a hard time believing the talent agency paid a dime for that video. Why would they?

I'm betting just the click advertising on these various websites alone will more than pay back the money put out for this video.

• Love 1

I wish the television population would settle on a way to pronounce Teresa's last name.  Whether right or wrong, I pronounce it Gee-you-DEE-chay.  I've also heard it pronounced Gee-you -DEES and Gee-you-DICE (as in rolling the dice) and Ju-DICE.  They'd be doing the world a favor by simply changing their name to CROOK.

• Love 1

I'm betting just the click advertising on these various websites alone will more than pay back the money put out for this video.

Here is a pre-Audriana, pre-boob job, pre slathered on make-up photo of Teresa:  http://origin.realitytea.com/assets/uploads/2009/06/teresa-guidice-240.jpg

Is it possible her hairline rather than receding is advancing?

• Love 3

I dabble in Photoshop myself so I knew they were photoshopped but they're still funny and frightening at the same time.

Aren't all these websites linking back to the video on Youtube?  I wasn't aware that Youtube pays money back to anyone who posts a video on their site. 

• Love 3

I wish the television population would settle on a way to pronounce Teresa's last name.  Whether right or wrong, I pronounce it Gee-you-DEE-chay.  I've also heard it pronounced Gee-you -DEES and Gee-you-DICE (as in rolling the dice) and Ju-DICE.  They'd be doing the world a favor by simply changing their name to CROOK.

Gee-Du-Crook! LOL

• Love 1

You can actually make good money!

"Have you ever tried to watch a video on Youtube but before it plays you need to watch a commercial? That's called a pre-roll. Every 1000 times a pre-roll advertisement is shown, Youtube gets paid some amount of money. The amount can vary but typically Youtube is paid between $20 and $25 for every thousand ad views."

YouTube takes 45%. Leveraging off Zoeysmom's theory, I bet the video company paid for the video, and the girls get a (miniscule) cut if it makes any money.

Source:

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/celebrity/the-25-highest-earning-youtube-stars/

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 3

What is this even for? I'm confused. 10 k for a YouTube video?

Why does the other girl look so much like Gia? At first I couldn't tell which one was Gia. Her looks are very distinct, weird that she has a friend who looks that much like her.

I couldn't really tell them apart either. But at least I think the "singer" is 16. If I was Caroline I'd be laughing my ass off right now after the whole "stripper car wash" cookbook debacle thing. I'm not very nice though.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 2

You can actually make good money!

"Have you ever tried to watch a video on Youtube but before it plays you need to watch a commercial? That's called a pre-roll. Every 1000 times a pre-roll advertisement is shown, Youtube gets paid some amount of money. The amount can vary but typically Youtube is paid between $20 and $25 for every thousand ad views."

YouTube takes 45%. Leveraging off Zoeysmom's theory, I bet the video company paid for the video, and the girls get a (miniscule) cut if it makes any money.

Source:http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/celebrity/the-25-highest-earning-youtube-stars/

Got quoting to work again? Yippee. Only one mistake trying to use apparently like.

Only I don't recall having to watch a stupid commercial before Gia's video. It's up to I think 400K views now. Hopefully only a few are pedophiles.

What is this even for? I'm confused. 10 k for a YouTube video?

Why does the other girl look so much like Gia? At first I couldn't tell which one was Gia. Her looks are very distinct, weird that she has a friend who looks that much like her.

I finally broke down and watched it (I hate contributing to any of these HW whims). The girl that looks like Gia is creepy (I mean the fact that they look so much alike). And the teasers I saw made it look worse. I found nothing wrong with it. Gia was clearly a background dancer, not doing anything inappropriate and I'm willing to bet dancing routines she danced in dance class (my 8 yrs old neighbor practices similar routines on her deck out back in the summer). The older girl "singing" was trying a bit much with the sexiness but whatever. This media frenzy is much ado about nothing IMO. No booty shorts, no boobs hanging out. And for me to believe they paid over $30,000 I'm gonna need to see receipts.

• Love 1