Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

I don't know for sure if Tre was ever an associate buyer for Macy's but I do know a number of people who were one at one time and it's not all that difficult job to get.  When she did (if she did) had the job, it was when she was still living in Paterson, not Towaco and you can take NJ rail transit pretty easily to Penn Station.  Macy's is about a block away.  She also claims have worked at Vogue.

What sort of qualifications did your acquaintances have to become associate buyers? II'm not going to completely hold out that it's impossible she was an associate buyer for Macy's, in spite of my previous post's hyperbole; I've just come to realize it's very unlikely. I live in North Jersey (Bloomfield) and my mother worked in Paterson for many years (quite near the Brownstone and Joe and Teresa's former home), so I'm quite familiar with the area and transportation options to New York. To go from Paterson to New York via rail, prior to the opening of Secaucus Junction in December 2003, you had to take the "Main Line" to Hoboken and then either transfer to the PATH train (whose final stop is 33rd Street, at Herald Square) or a ferry. Your other options are to take a variety of NJ Transit buses or a "guagua", a mini-bus which either goes along State Route 3 and then through the Lincoln Tunnel to the Port Authority Bus Terminal or along US Route 46 or I-80 to the George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal way uptown. From the way she's portrayed herself on the show, I can't picture her using any of these methods to commute (particularly the "guagua.") The woman doesn't like living in "used homes." She would like riding in used buses or trains even less. The only thing that makes me feel that Teresa really could have been an associate buyer is that fabricating a job is an any easy lie to get caught in. Someone who worked at Macy's in the '90s could very easily prove her wrong. But no lie is too blatant or transparent for Teresa (and, remember, she participated in making up whole fake jobs for her on their mortgage applications.) As people have theorized in other threads here, I think she probably worked in a floor position at a Macy's - if I'm remembering Caroline correctly, she and Dina used to work together at a makeup counter?* - and then held a variety of other positions at one or more locations, ending with an office job, perhaps at the regional level.

*What makes me think Teresa and Dina worked together - at jobs they would not necessarily admit to having - is that they've never clarified, to my knowledge, exactly how they met. I know they're the same age and both from Paterson's West Side, but I don't think they went to high school together. Danielle at one point claimed Teresa and Dina both worked at the nail salon owned by Dina's ex-husband, and, as said above, Caroline mentioned Teresa and Dina worked together at a department store makeup counter.

• Love 1

I was just curious to see what the site "FameWhorgas" was writing after Tre's sentencing.  Since they are pro Tre.

I found this: On September 18, 2012, Teresa Giudice wrote in her Bravo blog for the season 4 finale that she is “so over all of this backwards, made-up drama.” I couldn’t agree more, which is why I have decided to no longer blog about the Housewives."

Ohhhh, okay!  LOL 

http://famewhorgas.wordpress.com/2014/09/07/teresa-giudice-blogged-im-so-over-this-made-up-drama-fw-couldnt-agree-more/

She sure is one long winded blogger!  http://famewhorgas.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/federal-prosecutors-oppose-bid-by-guidices-for-separate-trials-on-money-fraud/

I found on the site pictures of the Juicy's home and on the last one you can see the structure he started with.  Is this where Melissa's comment about "redone house" comes in?  http://www.coldwellbankermoves.com/property/details/4165217/MLS-3169465/6-Indian-Ln-Montville-Township-NJ-07082.aspx?SearchID=37807086&RowNum=1&StateID=36&RegionID=0&IsRegularPS=True&IsSold=False  Oh, looks like it's a second structure. 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

Interesting. I'd never wondered how Dina and Teresa met. I do remember someone saying that Dina worked at a salon as a manicurist while she and Lexi were living with Caroline (after the divorce from Lexi's father). At this point I think Teresa was still living in the home Danielle accused of having "linoleum floors" (the horror!). Maybe Teresa was a customer at that salon?

To be a buyer for Saks, Neiman's, and Macy's now, a bachelor's degree is required and a 2-3 year stint as a department manager. I can see Teresa doing well as a manager actually. I know she's a very polarizing figure but in person I've heard she is very sweet and gracious. Whether that is genuine or not is debatable, but at least she understands the fundamentals of sales: be nice to the people who are putting money in your pocket.

For the record I think she will do well when she leaves prison. It's not so long a sentence that her fanbase will forget her, the media will no doubt be interested in the aftermath and how she handles it and she can easily spin that into book/magazine deals, rebuilding the Fabulicious "empire" (love it or hate it, she really did build her own brand in a dime-a-dozen Howife ventures), and I think her Bravo contract will be up so she can re-negotiate with them for more money, or possibly turn it into a bidding war with another network.

• Love 1

I think that the timeline for Dina and Teresa meeting after D's divorce is a bit off; that would have been in the mid 00s I think and I believe T and D knew each other way back before that. Dina's ex-husband George Hadjiapostoli owned a nail salon; Danielle and others have said T and D worked there together back in the day. Maybe they both worked there and per Caroline's comment at a department store makeup counter? Dina also said at one point that she owned a nail salon at 18. Who knows what the truth is?

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 1

Does anyone remember a few years back on either the Bravo or TWOP boards there was some discussion questioning the validity of Teresa's alleged associates degree and her "buyer" job at Macys?   I don't remember if anything was proven one way or the other about her attending and/or getting that AA degree but I do remember someone who allegedly knew or was related to some executive at Macys posting that Teresa never held a buyer's position with them.

I'm not much older than Theresa and I worked for Macy's for many years, probably around the same time she allegedly worked there. I don't know what the parameters are now, but when I was there you had to have a bachelor's degree to become a sales manager. You needed to be promoted from sales manager to an assistant buyer position, usually after two years. You don't just become a buyer, even an assistant, with no experience and an associate's degree. Furthermore, when Macy's was bought out by Federated they did away with almost all of the " assistant buyer" positions; again, this was a while ago but likely in the same timeframe that Theresa would have worked there, if she ever did.

What school does she allege to have attended for an AA? I live in Jersey. There is a school here that's like a secretarial school that also has some kind of fashion merchandising major....I wonder if that is where she went, if anywhere.

• Love 1

The people I knew who got jobs as Assistant or Associate Buyers at Macys either had a BA or AA degree.  IIRC they went into a program where you train to be a buyer.  That may include being a manager or working on the floor for a period of time.   I think that Tre once said she was an AB in jewelry - I could be wrong.

IMO, Towaco Tre is very different than Paterson Tre.  She grew up in modest house in blue collar neighborhood.  The pictures of her first house with Joe were linked here as well as the Lincoln Park house.   I don't have hard time picturing Tre commuting into the city.  The Berkley school was originally a secretarial school that added a merchandising program with an AA degree.  Now it's a four year college.

The Laurita family is originally from Queens, NY.  Caroline's family moved to NJ when she was 16.  I don't think it's ever been said where the family lived in NJ.  I don't remember Caroline ever saying that Dina and Tre worked at the cosmetic counter at Macys.  Not saying it's not true.  I do remember something being said that Tre and Dina met at a salon. 

• Love 1

Back in the 80s I was working for the May Company which was eventually bought by Macy's. I was training to be a buyer. The biggest part of the job was not so much intelligence, it was physical stamina. The hours were absurd, frequently from 7 or 8 until around midnight. It also required traveling around to the stores, helping managers stock the merchandise. I lasted 9'mos because the job was ruining my personal life. It was a job anyone could do if they were physically healthy, Teresa could it. Brains had very little to do with it.

• Love 1

I think we all need to hire a private investigator to resolve this ;). I honestly don't know enough about the qualifications to be a buyer at Macy's in the '90s to resolve this, but casey65 seems to throw Teresa's story into doubt. According to Wikipedia, Tre graduated from a two-year program at Berkeley College in 1994, when she would have been 24. On further reflection, perhaps Dina and Teresa met between 1988 and 1992, before Tre started the AA degree, when Dina worked at some capacity in a nail salon (which she has said.) Teresa and Dina were either coworkers or Tre was Dina's customer. Saying they met in a salon leaves all of this open to conjecture. Tre could have then held a position of some sort at Macy's, until she had Gia in 2000. I think the salient point we could all agree on is that Teresa and Dina's backstory seems intentionally vague.

• Love 1

NPR posted this about Honey Boo Boo being cancelled and exploitive TV in general  Joe and Tre are mentioned.  Do I think Bravo will follow TLC and A&E's leads? 

Nope.  I still smell a Christmas Special.

Speaking of A Very Fraudice Christmas, I don't think Teresa will cut back on her holiday shopping this year. Rather than economize, I she will likely splurge more than usual in light of her impending year long plus stint in the slammer. Teresa probably equates excessive and expensive gift giving with good parenting and quite possibly believes her daughters' affection and forgiveness can be bought.

If ill-gotten gains can assuage parental guilt then why not, right?

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 4

Rajul, you just put the spotlight on a part of Teresa's personality that I've never found a name for.  I'll call it her "deserve it" side, for lack of a better name.

A long time ago, I think that Teresa got it into her head that she deserved things.  It's almost a Spoiled Child Syndrome.  How many times we've heard her say, "I work hard; I deserve it!"  Yes, she does work hard, but that doesn't mean that she deserves everything she admires.  Whether  it's something for her, or something for the girls, or something for the house, Teresa explains it away as deserving it.

Think back a few seasons to recall that monstrosity Teresa bought for the house and showed off at, I believe, the housewarming party.  It stood about 8 feet tall, and it was displayed in the hallway.  It looked like it belonged in an Egyptian museum.  Teresa must have given it a glance, thought "How cool!" and bought it. Period.  (And we wonder why Joe drinks!)

Teresa may need prison, but more than that, she needs a good psychiatrist to tell her that her values are totally inappropriate, that lots of people work hard but don't "deserve" buying themselves into Kingdom Come!   Going along with what Rajul wrote about Christmas, I doubt that Teresa will ever change her habits until someone can get her to see what a fool she has been.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

When I read the transcripts from Teresa's change of plea-she initially said she had a bachelor's degree and then changed her testimony to an Associate's Degree.  I looked up Berkeley and this is what they offered http://berkeleycollege.edu/academics_bc/school_of_business/degree_program_1499.htm#page=overview  I do believe she probably spent four years getting the AAS degree.  My theory is at some point she interned to be an assistant buyer and ended up working as a sales associate.  Dina claims to have met her when they were both "working at the mall".  I don't think they were ever particularly close because they are both vapid and shallow people.  Paths crossed over time and hence this 15 year "friendship".  I don't recall if Teresa was even at Dina's second wedding but with a guest list of over 600 people she should have been.  I guess with Tommy inviting the gas station attendant it wasn't exactly a select group.

I think Teresa was "sheltered" in that she is essentially a non intellectual, who was more interested in frilly, silly things and rarely left new Jersey and her circle of Patterson  wannabe married to tough guys.  She landed Joe after probably years of posturing.  I do think she has auditory processing issues and her brother Joe seems to need Melissa to "read" things for him.

Lastly, I question these folks who are her fans and see her as a constant victim.  Teresa, from what I have seen, has always put Teresa first. Her unwillingness to ask or even question important documents leaves me scratching my head-are you Teresa the business woman or Teresa the dullard? 

• Love 4

When I read the transcripts from Teresa's change of plea-she initially said she had a bachelor's degree and then changed her testimony to an Associate's Degree.  I looked up Berkeley and this is what they offered http://berkeleycollege.edu/academics_bc/school_of_business/degree_program_1499.htm#page=overview  I do believe she probably spent four years getting the AAS degree.  My theory is at some point she interned to be an assistant buyer and ended up working as a sales associate.  Dina claims to have met her when they were both "working at the mall".  I don't think they were ever particularly close because they are both vapid and shallow people.  Paths crossed over time and hence this 15 year "friendship".  I don't recall if Teresa was even at Dina's second wedding but with a guest list of over 600 people she should have been.  I guess with Tommy inviting the gas station attendant it wasn't exactly a select group.

I think Teresa was "sheltered" in that she is essentially a non intellectual, who was more interested in frilly, silly things and rarely left new Jersey and her circle of Patterson  wannabe married to tough guys.  She landed Joe after probably years of posturing.  I do think she has auditory processing issues and her brother Joe seems to need Melissa to "read" things for him.

Lastly, I question these folks who are her fans and see her as a constant victim.  Teresa, from what I have seen, has always put Teresa first. Her unwillingness to ask or even question important documents leaves me scratching my head-are you Teresa the business woman or Teresa the dullard? 

She really thinks/believes all the viewers will buy the "I don't understand"  excuse 1 minute then believe she is a "business" woman the next. It is sad that some continue to fall for her shtick and buy into this nonsense.

They just can't stay away from the cameras.  Teresa and Joe were out celebrating their 14th anniversary.

http://www.eonline.com/news/591933/joe-and-teresa-giudice-look-madly-in-love-as-they-celebrate-their-15th-wedding-anniversary

I just love this quote from her WWHL interview from Teresa the businesswoman, college graduate and former Macys buyer.

"Alls I said to my husband was, ‘Alls you have to do is please take care of our daughters. That's all I ask. Please, you've got to do what I do.'"

• Love 1

Is partying the image she really wants to project right now?   So much for making it right.   The money spent on this celebration could have gone to restitution.   Oh who I am kidding, they put in the credit cards.   And is she wearing more of her "fake" jewelry?

• Love 2

Is partying the image she really wants to project right now?   So much for making it right.   The money spent on this celebration could have gone to restitution.   Oh who I am kidding, they put in the credit cards.   And is she wearing more of her "fake" jewelry?

And yet some, very few but vocal Teresa fans, still believe Teresa and Joe live within their means and will pay everyone they owe back! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

Yes "so much for making it right" but let's not forget that when talking about making it right, she added "whatever right is."   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Zoeysmom,

I read that Joe can't visit Tre in prison because he is a felon too.  Is that correct?  If so, they won't see each other for 15 months?

I think your theory of Tre's professional background is quite plausible. She could have worked at a nail salon or department store cosmetics counter from, say, 1988 - the year she would have graduated high school - until she finished her AAS degree in 1994 (however long she took to complete that degree.) She could have also worked as a sales associate at some point prior to graduating from her program. She then likely interned to be a buyer (giving her the excuse to say she worked as a "buyer"), but probably ended up back at Macy's as a sales associate, or perhaps at some position above the level of sales associate but below a sales manager (if such a position exists, I don't know.)

She and Dina have given intentionally vague answers as to how they met, either "working at the mall" or "at a salon"; they could have met prior to 1994 while coworkers at a nail salon or cosmetics counter ("at a salon" AND "working at the mall"), or perhaps after 1994 under similar circumstances. I think Teresa and Dina are what passes as close friends to one another; as you say, they are both shallow, vapid, and narcissistic, although Dina is, to all evidence, far more intelligent and socially presentable than Tre. Therefore, a "close friendship" for them would not live up to the standards of a close friendship for others. They probably had fun shopping and whatnot together, and Tre is a good sidekick for Dina because she is too dumb to question her.

I think a lot of my disagreement with people here has come from how people have chosen to evaluate Teresa, evaluations based on the wildly conflicting statements she's given about herself on the show, portraying herself as a savvy businesswoman, a spoiled housewife who can't bear to live in used houses, and a helpless victim, and then the even more conflicting evidence we've uncovered outside of what she's said on camera (e.g. that she lived in blue-collar Paterson until, like, 2004, a few years before the show began airing.) Teresa clearly came from a blue-collar background, but I think she's always been narcissistic, spoiled, and entitled, and always felt she "deserved" better than what she had, by hook or by crook. She's hard-working in the most literal sense of the word, arguably, but she felt her hard work entitled her to a multi-million dollar house and a Towaco lifestyle, even if she had to cheat, lie, and steal for it. Joe seems to enjoy breaking the law for breaking the law's sake, and has the audacity (and arguably, stupidity) to act as if he can break the law with impunity. They are and were a perfect match for each other, even if it took Tre years of riding around North Jersey in Joe's Camaro (or whatever car he had back in the day) for him to marry her. I think you can't differentiate meaningfully between blue-collar Pateson Tre, middle-class Lincoln Park Tre, and faux-rich Towaco Tre. They're all different phases of the same person.

I actually think the best way to describe Tre isn't really sheltered, but rather as having closed horizons, since she wasn't being "sheltered" by anyone. I think she had the one-up on her immigrant parents from her teen years on. For most of Teresa's life, the poles of her personal, professional, and educational existence have probably been Garden State Plaza, the Willowbrook Mall, and the Short Hills Mall, North Jersey's three great emporia of consumerism, with occasional forays just outside the New York Metro to Seaside Heights, Atlantic City, and the Poconoes (and perhaps Florida, which is experientially just outside Metro New York in some places?). She hasn't felt the need to broaden her intellectual horizons to compensate for her closed spatial horizons.  In North Jersey, we'd describe her as all Jersey derisively.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 11
When I read the transcripts from Teresa's change of plea-she initially said she had a bachelor's degree and then changed her testimony to an Associate's Degree.

I know it's Sunday and I'm Catholic, but Jesus Christ. Seriously? Even that they couldn't get right? How the hell were these people able to get away with what they did for as long as they did is the biggest mystery here.

• Love 12

I think your theory of Tre's professional background is quite plausible. She could have worked at a nail salon or department store cosmetics counter from, say, 1988 - the year she would have graduated high school - until she finished her AAS degree in 1994 (however long she took to complete that degree.) She could have also worked as a sales associate at some point prior to graduating from her program. She then likely interned to be a buyer (giving her the excuse to say she worked as a "buyer"), but probably ended up back at Macy's as a sales associate, or perhaps at some position above the level of sales associate but below a sales manager (if such a position exists, I don't know.)

She and Dina have given intentionally vague answers as to how they met, either "working at the mall" or "at a salon"; they could have met prior to 1994 while coworkers at a nail salon or cosmetics counter ("at a salon" AND "working at the mall"), or perhaps after 1994 under similar circumstances. I think Teresa and Dina are what passes as close friends to one another; as you say, they are both shallow, vapid, and narcissistic, although Dina is, to all evidence, far more intelligent and socially presentable than Tre. Therefore, a "close friendship" for them would not live up to the standards of a close friendship for others. They probably had fun shopping and whatnot together, and Tre is a good sidekick for Dina because she is too dumb to question her.

I think a lot of my disagreement with people here has come from how people have chosen to evaluate Teresa, evaluations based on the wildly conflicting statements she's given about herself on the show, portraying herself as a savvy businesswoman, a spoiled housewife who can't bear to live in used houses, and a helpless victim, and then the even more conflicting evidence we've uncovered outside of what she's said on camera (e.g. that she lived in blue-collar Paterson until, like, 2004, a few years before the show began airing.) Teresa clearly came from a blue-collar background, but I think she's always been narcissistic, spoiled, and entitled, and always felt she "deserved" better than what she had, by hook or by crook. She's hard-working in the most literal sense of the word, arguably, but she felt her hard work entitled her to a multi-million dollar house and a Towaco lifestyle, even if she had to cheat, lie, and steal for it. Joe seems to enjoy breaking the law for breaking the law's sake, and has the audacity (and arguably, stupidity) to act as if he can break the law with impunity. They are and were a perfect match for each other, even if it took Tre years of riding around North Jersey in Joe's Camaro (or whatever car he had back in the day) for him to marry her.

I am not a mall rat type of person so this spending endless hours on make-up and the latest tacky styles mystifies me-but I can see where these types become "friends".  I don't know if Dina was at Teresa's wedding but my guess is Teresa and her wedding was comprised of those close to her in Paterson.  I do think she led a sheltered life in the sense the people she hang out with were mostly interested in hair, nails and the like and rarely strayed into the big, beautiful culture of NY and other areas.  I am quite certain Teresa has never read a classic, could find France on a map, or identify a classic composer.  Whether it is due to auditory processing issues, the lack of importance in her schooling or simply not as fun as looking at herself in the mirror the woman is essentially a moron. 

Teresa and dimwit Joe managed to insinuate themselves into the "good days" of easy money in the mortgage lending.  I truly believe what Jacqueline said in moments of anger, when she said they planned to escape responsibility by declaring BK.  As I watch last week's episode it is evident, after three years of "listening" to gossip she has never fully gotten, with her notoriety it is the same as saying it.  She has no remorse for hurting others' families being it Danielle's, her brother's, Jacqueline, Caroline's, or the twins.  Unfortunately, our penal system is ill-equipped to install conscience or awareness in inmates.  It will take we the viewers to solidly reject any entertaining of the idea this miscreant return to the public eye.  Bravo needs the message that this woman is not entertaining.  Her terrible behavior needs to no longer be rewarded.  As the second highest rated show on the network-they need to take a stand and find interesting and engaging women-who came about their wealth somewhat honestly.

• Love 11

I know it's Sunday and I'm Catholic, but Jesus Christ. Seriously? Even that they couldn't get right? How the hell were these people able to get away with what they did for as long as they did is the biggest mystery here.

I think they got away with their racket for so long because of a.) the "easy money" climate of '00s mortgage lending and b.) the sheer audacity and foolhardy nature of their criminality. They lied so blatantly that it defies the belief of those enforcing the rules, whether it be banks or the judicial system. They stole in plain sight with no guilty conscience and no real attempt to hide it, and the relevant parties didn't notice or didn't want to notice, because noticing it after the fact would have made them look bad.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 6

So, on tonight's episode Tre said that Dina and her met when Dina was pregnant with Lexi.  Dina has said a few times that she has know Tre for 20 to 25 years.  They're both dumb or don't want anyone to know the truth.

As for Tre's obsession with living beyond her means, I think that all came into play as a result of Joey buying the house in Franklin Lakes, then meeting Melissa, marrying her and then building the house in Montvale.  This all happened in the mid 2000s,.  Tre is extremely competitive and I think Joe is competitive with Joey as well.  It's been about the Giudices' strive to be bigger and better than the Gorgas'.  Joe claims he taught Joey everything he knows about flipping houses but it seems that Joey was better at it.  As Chris Laurita said, Joe starts things (like the pizza parlor) and loses interest after a few months.

I also think Tre has always been jealous of Mel - she gets treated better and she won Joey's heart.  Are Joey and Mel competitive?  I don't think it started out that way but they got caught up in it to a certain extent. 

• Love 7

Joe claims he taught Joey everything he knows about flipping houses but it seems that Joey was better at it.

I've never seen any of JoeGui's construction but judging by the house in Montville that we saw on an episode with the realtor was falling apart (and all the repairs needed according to the rent to won buyer and Joey's own admission) I'd say JoeGo is a crappy builder in his own right.

• Love 1

So, on tonight's episode Tre said that Dina and her met when Dina was pregnant with Lexi.  Dina has said a few times that she has know Tre for 20 to 25 years.  They're both dumb or don't want anyone to know the truth.

As for Tre's obsession with living beyond her means, I think that all came into play as a result of Joey buying the house in Franklin Lakes, then meeting Melissa, marrying her and then building the house in Montvale.  This all happened in the mid 2000s,.  Tre is extremely competitive and I think Joe is competitive with Joey as well.  It's been about the Giudices' strive to be bigger and better than the Gorgas'.  Joe claims he taught Joey everything he knows about flipping houses but it seems that Joey was better at it.  As Chris Laurita said, Joe starts things (like the pizza parlor) and loses interest after a few months.

I also think Tre has always been jealous of Mel - she gets treated better and she won Joey's heart.  Are Joey and Mel competitive?  I don't think it started out that way but they got caught up in it to a certain extent. 

See what I get for not watching the show! I wasted all this speculation about Dina and Teresa's seamy past in the nail salon at the Willowbrook Mall in 1989, chewin' gum and sprayin' hair and smokin' cigs and and acid washin' jeans and talkin' about boys, to learn they met when Dina was married to the owner of a nail salon in like 1996. But as you say, the truth remains debatable, and they don't want us to know the origin of their vaunted friendship for some reason!

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 3

Rajul, you just put the spotlight on a part of Teresa's personality that I've never found a name for.  I'll call it her "deserve it" side, for lack of a better name.

Lura, I believe you're referring to a sense of entitlement.

(BTW, the name is Rahul with an "h")

Not buying this PR spin about the Fraudices being madly in love. They're clearly reviled by one another and at each other's throats. Having to endure such a loveless marriage does seem like part of a fitting punishment for these two despicable creatures.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 3

I think that the timeline for Dina and Teresa meeting after D's divorce is a bit off; that would have been in the mid 00s I think and I believe T and D knew each other way back before that. Dina's ex-husband George Hadjiapostoli owned a nail salon; Danielle and others have said T and D worked there together back in the day. Maybe they both worked there and per Caroline's comment at a department store makeup counter? Dina also said at one point that she owned a nail salon at 18. Who knows what the truth is?

In tonight's episode, Teresa said she met Dina when she was pregnant with Lexi.  Based on what we know about Teresa's credibility, that may or may not be true but there was no reason for her to lie about it.

• Love 1

The number one reason I'll never believe Teresa was ever, or even considered for a buyer's position at Macy's in NYC - assistant or otherwise - is because I've seen her. And heard her voice.

Unless it was a family member that owed her a favor that was doing the hiring....

NYC is a competitive town. I just don't see gum crackin' Teresa with her high hair, over tanned skin, and acid washed jeans winning a job over any number of poised, well groomed young women that would be vying for the same position.

• Love 7

The number one reason I'll never believe Teresa was ever, or even considered for a buyer's position at Macy's in NYC - assistant or otherwise - is because I've seen her. And heard her voice.

Unless it was a family member that owed her a favor that was doing the hiring....

NYC is a competitive town. I just don't see gum crackin' Teresa with her high hair, over tanned skin, and acid washed jeans winning a job over any number of poised, well groomed young women that would be vying for the same position.

Absolutely. I come from that world. Training program in major NYC based fashion department store chain in the late 80's....department manager in branch store, then promoted to buying office as associate buyer. Very competitive. The standard structure for a buying office is as mentioned by a few posters upthread: internship, then entry level assistant buyer, then shipped out to branch store as department manager, then possibly promoted back to buying office as as associate buyer, then buyer. 

I knew about Teresa's Berkeley so called "college fashion degree" background too. It's not even F.I.T. In department stores, most levels in a standard buying office program require 2 year or 4 year degrees if promoted up. I always smelled her exaggeration(aka "lie) regarding this from her first season when her bio became public. If anything, she did a short internship from Berkeley. And she most likely was not in a high volume, high profile fashion department, like women's moderate, bridge, or designer sportswear or dresses. She was probably a gopher for a few months and did gruntwork. Let me just add, retail buyers for major chains have incredible responsibility for making profit and managing a budget. It is continuous number crunching and accountablility. It's not all the glamour of going to New York fashion week, rubbing shoulders with designers, and picking out pretty clothes to stock the stores. It is very stressful. So the irony of Teresa being given the responsibility for bottom line, working in a corporate structure and managing corporate dollars for profit, and budgeting...? No fucking way. Plus even if it is retail, one is expected you to know how to speak and write coherently. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 10

Thank you for the link, zoeysmom.

Wendy not only seems unprofessional, but also incorrect about the usefulness of Teresa's new attorney requesting camp.

i don't think there was any doubt she was going to a prison camp-I think her new attorney screwed the pooch asking for halfway house time.  It was a ridiculous request but it is Teresa's money.  The judge can't say with specificity the exact camp and if heavy hitters like Martha Stewart can't get even their first or second request it seems things are highly unlikely it will happen for Teresa.

Perhaps Wendy's method was to deal directly with the BOP, for the most part one department does not want to be told what to do by another department-the judge.  One thing that might work against Teresa is she might have to wait for Danbury and then her release date would be after the holidays.

• Love 1

i don't think there was any doubt she was going to a prison camp-I think her new attorney screwed the pooch asking for halfway house time.  It was a ridiculous request but it is Teresa's money.  The judge can't say with specificity the exact camp and if heavy hitters like Martha Stewart can't get even their first or second request it seems things are highly unlikely it will happen for Teresa.

Perhaps Wendy's method was to deal directly with the BOP, for the most part one department does not want to be told what to do by another department-the judge.  One thing that might work against Teresa is she might have to wait for Danbury and then her release date would be after the holidays.

I think Teresa's attorney asked the judge to recommend to the BOP both the camp and the halfway house. The judge did make the request to the BOP for the camp, but not for the halfway house.

That's the way I'm understanding it, but I could of course be wrong.

I think Teresa's attorney asked the judge to recommend to the BOP both the camp and the halfway house. The judge did make the request to the BOP for the camp, but not for the halfway house.

That's the way I'm understanding it, but I could of course be wrong.

it is interesting because to me when she left sentencing on the 2nd there seemed to be no doubt she was going to camp.  Much like the government I am curious what transpired in between the 2nd and the subsequent attorney filing the motion. 

Although I do enjoy taking swipes at Wendy Feldman, I do see her point-I think this motion was all about Teresa trying to change the sentence from prison time (camp) to halfway house or home confinement.  I don't think the motion was well thought out or timed-a much better time would have mid-December. 

I think the issues started because Teresa did NOT want the Judge to recommend any 1 certain prison/camp the day of sentencing. The Judge asked Teresa and her Lawyers if Teresa wanted her to name 1 and Teresa said NO!. Then she starts reading about the other types of Prisons she could end up in  because Teresa's main statement to the Judge was being housed close to her kids/home which would put her at 1 of the 2 in NYC or the Philly Prison. All 3 house all levels of inmates, min security to max security. Her sentencing Lawyers most likely refused to go through the Judge after following Teresa's request in court and that led her to hire a new Lawyer. The final break with Feldman most likely occurred when the new Lawyer and Teresa pushed for a half way house instead of prison/camp instead. JMO

• Love 1

Well, does this back up Teresa's not understanding the plea agreement? I mean, is federal sentencing usually the time to make these requests or not?

And don't most attorneys ask for more than what they think they'll get...I would want my attorney to at least try. We'll have to wait and see what the BOP does after Teresa's been in Danbury for awhile.

• Love 1

And don't most attorneys ask for more than what they think they'll get...I would want my attorney to at least try. We'll have to wait and see what the BOP does after Teresa's been in Danbury for awhile.

Yes! They absolutely do. If Feldman is taking credit the first court appearance then she's an idiot. This should have been asked for and ironed out at that time.

• Love 2

Yes! They absolutely do. If Feldman is taking credit the first court appearance then she's an idiot. This should have been asked for and ironed out at that time.

The Judge DID ask Teresa and her Lawyers, at sentencing, if she want her, the Judge, to assign a particular "camp" and Teresa said NO!  It was Teresa's fault not her Lawyers or Feldmans that she didn't want that decided then.

• Love 1

The Judge DID ask Teresa and her Lawyers, at sentencing, if she want her, the Judge, to assign a particular "camp" and Teresa said NO! It was Teresa's fault not her Lawyers or Feldmans that she didn't want that decided then.

Theresa was not speaking in open court without the advice of her attorney and Feldman (if not, wtf was Feldman hired to do then)? Her team clearly did not advise her properly based on the outcome we witnessed in the press.

• Love 2

Or they did properly advise her and Theresa said no because she was still believing she would get probation and wanted to try for that.    Hence the new motion, it wasn't a request for probation but darn close to it.

• Love 5

knew about Teresa's Berkeley so called "college fashion degree" background too. It's not even F.I.T. In department stores, most levels in a standard buying office program require 2 year or 4 year degrees if promoted up. I always smelled her exaggeration(aka "lie) regarding this from her first season when her bio became public. If anything, she did a short internship from Berkeley. And she most likely was not in a high volume, high profile fashion department, like women's moderate, bridge, or designer sportswear or dresses. She was probably a gopher for a few months and did gruntwork.

I think she's suffering from Dwight Schrute (The Office) syndrome: she wasn't an Assistant Buyer, she was assistant TO the buyer. 

• Love 8

Theresa was not speaking in open court without the advice of her attorney and Feldman (if not, wtf was Feldman hired to do then)? Her team clearly did not advise her properly based on the outcome we witnessed in the press.

I doubt that Teresa's Lawyer did NOT fill her in prior to court that day that this question could come up if she got prison time. Teresa refused to accept that she might go to prison and IMO she ignored anything he or Feldman said to her concerning possible prison/camp locations.  The Judge asked Teresa as did her Lawyer and Teresa told her Attorney and HE told the Judge Teresa's answer. Teresa had every opportunity to ask her Attorney if she should have the Judge pick 1, Feldman was there as well so Teresa could have asked her opinion as well. Plain and simple, Teresa refused to believe that the Judge was actually sending her to prison and she refused to deal with the truth. 

• Love 3

I doubt that Teresa's Lawyer did NOT fill her in prior to court that day that this question could come up if she got prison time. Teresa refused to accept that she might go to prison and IMO she ignored anything he or Feldman said to her concerning possible prison/camp locations.  The Judge asked Teresa as did her Lawyer and Teresa told her Attorney and HE told the Judge Teresa's answer. Teresa had every opportunity to ask her Attorney if she should have the Judge pick 1, Feldman was there as well so Teresa could have asked her opinion as well. Plain and simple, Teresa refused to believe that the Judge was actually sending her to prison and she refused to deal with the truth.

Yes, I can see that happening, but I think the potential outcomes should have all been addressed before sentencing (when Teresa was probably in shock) - and maybe they were - then any requests could have been made at that time.

• Love 1

The potential outcomes were discussed prior to entering the plea agreement, which was months before the sentencing. Though we can't know for sure, I'm absolutely confident that T was advised fully by her attorneys at that time.

She knew she was facing 25? months based on the plea agreement. Her level of denial is very great.

The potential outcomes were discussed prior to entering the plea agreement, which was months before the sentencing. Though we can't know for sure, I'm absolutely confident that T was advised fully by her attorneys at that time.

She knew she was facing 25? months based on the plea agreement. Her level of denial is very great.

• Love 3

If I remember correctly, the Judge did recommend a camp type facility for Teresa at sentencing.  I don't believe the Judge can specify the exact location.  I'm pretty sure that the only thing they can do is recommend the type of facility, i.e., high/low/medium security or camp.  The BOP decides which facility based on availability.  From what I've read it's customary for them to assign an inmate to a facility close to home when children are involved.

I just saw this on Yahoo..........apparently Teresa was the one who insisted they go out for their anniversary and Joe got very, very drunk.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1567063/joe-giudice-allegedly-got-heavily-drunk-during-awkward-anniversary-dinner-with-teresa/

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

If I remember correctly, the Judge did recommend a camp type facility for Teresa at sentencing.  I don't believe the Judge can specify the exact location.  I'm pretty sure that the only thing they can do is recommend the type of facility, i.e., high/low/medium security or camp.  The BOP decides which facility based on availability.  From what I've read it's customary for them to assign an inmate to a facility close to home when children are involved.

I just saw this on Yahoo..........apparently Teresa was the one who insisted they go out for their anniversary and Joe got very, very drunk.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1567063/joe-giudice-allegedly-got-heavily-drunk-during-awkward-anniversary-dinner-with-teresa/

Reminds me of the winery scene where Tre was begging for it. 

In tonight's episode, Teresa said she met Dina when she was pregnant with Lexi.  Based on what we know about Teresa's credibility, that may or may not be true but there was no reason for her to lie about it.

I've spent too much time on this (both in the scheme of things in general and in the RHONJ scheme of things), but Tre and Dina have given conflicting stories about when they met (20-25 years ago or now just 18 years ago) and where they met ("working at the mall" or "at a salon.) I posit that they have been intentionally vague because the circumstances under which they met may invalidate the story Teresa tells about herself on the show (e.g. the dubious claim she was an associate buyer at Macy's). The story on the last episode may be accurate. But they still didn't reveal where/how they met. My suspicion is that, if the time-frame is true, Teresa was a sales associate at a North Jersey Macy's at the time and the then young (23 y/o), pregnant Dina was a customer she hit it off with.

• Love 3

I've spent too much time on this (both in the scheme of things in general and in the RHONJ scheme of things), but Tre and Dina have given conflicting stories about when they met (20-25 years ago or now just 18 years ago) and where they met ("working at the mall" or "at a salon.) I posit that they have been intentionally vague because the circumstances under which they met may invalidate the story Teresa tells about herself on the show (e.g. the dubious claim she was an associate buyer at Macy's). The story on the last episode may be accurate. But they still didn't reveal where/how they met. My suspicion is that, if the time-frame is true, Teresa was a sales associate at a North Jersey Macy's at the time and the then young (23 y/o), pregnant Dina was a customer she hit it off with.

Here is what I think the deal is with Dina and Teresa-I think they met, probably 18 years ago.  They ran into each other a few times over the years and at some point began being on each other's large party list.  I don't think they were ever particularly close-even Dina has said she is closer to Teresa now than she has ever been.

Caroline was the first RH hired for RHONJ.  Obviously she refereed Dina and Jac, Danielle came in via audition.  Dina approached Teresa -who had stipulations the main one being that she not be filmed in her Lincoln Park home.  Even at the end of Season 1 Teresa claims to be moved in yet she and Dina are sitting at a picnic table in front of the "mansion".  I think Teresa was considered the ditzy (more like idiot) friend of the Manzo/Laurita clan and aggressive stage mother.  I don't think she was taken seriously until she flipped the table and that saved her spot.  If you watch the conversation leading up to the table flip-Teresa isn't even a part of it.

Teresa, according to Jacqueline use to call her daily at 8:00 am to talk about all the wonderful things happening to her as a result of her stint of RHONJ.  I do not see Dina sitting still for phone calls if they were all about Teresa all the time.  Dina removed herself from the cast life, including her role as a God mother for pretty close to two years.  So I think this Dina/Teresa BFF thing is based far more on Dina when she needed publicity and now Teresa having to show some connection with a cast member.

I can totally see Dina telling Teresa not to worry and be Zen prior to sentencing because it is an easy way to avoid having to have a serious talk with Teresa.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

I'm pretty sure Caroline was one of the last RHs cast. This was Dina's show, she did reality once before. Teresa and Jac were always two of her picks, but I'm pretty sure Caroline was not fond of it but someone else Dina wanted had either dropped out or said no, and Caroline signed on to basically help make sure it would happen (I suspect Caroline, like the Manzo brothers were uneasy about this kind of attention around their business.). I think that heavily influenced Dina expecting the others to leave the show with her, it was "hers" to her. I have to hand it to her putting Jaq/Teresa/Caroline on a show together was smart... Too bad that was luck more than anything or she may have made it in producing/casting

• Love 1