Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Depending on the rule she may break she could lose good time, her job, privileges like visiting, phone, have her unit changed, be restricted to her quarters.

She could also have to serve the entire 15 months behind bars, she would loose any time off for good behavior for repeatedly breaking the rules. Most likely she will keep her mouth shut and follow the rules no matter how angry she gets because she wants out ASAP. If it is something she wants bad enough, she will do whatever it takes to get it.

I know this is a popular theory, but I have just never seen it. I don't think he hates her at all. I think he believes she is as dumb as a stump, and in general Andy doesn't do dumb. He always tends to gravitate and show favoritism to the folks with the most smarts on any franchise (which can be hard to find), but I don't sense any hate at all. I think more than anything he is just dumbfounded by their behavior and what they have done to themselves. I actually think he cares for them. He talks with too much fondness about Tre's kids to harbor any hate towards her.

I don't think he hates her, but I don't think he likes her or respects her. As for any fondness for her kids, I don't see it--not genuine fondness. If he felt any genuine affection for them he would, imo, be a bit protective and stop exploiting them just to add more money in his coffer (this includes the "Gia on catwalk" clip he used to show all the time on WWHL.)  He had control over the final edit of RHoNJ and as far as I could see--just like all his shows--he doesn't like or have much compassion or respect for -most- of his cast, Teresa included.

I -do- agree that he "likes" (i.e. wants to pal around with) the smarter, hipper ones, like Bethenny and Carole. Then again, I think he's pretty much the devil incarnate, complete with that phony earnestness and fake concern he uses to provoke the women to trash each other during the reunion shows, so definitely when it comes to Andy Cohen, MMV.

• Love 1

Just to clarify, Martha Stewert was never charged with insider trading.  She was convicted of four counts:  Conspiracy, obstruction of justice and two counts of making false statements to government in connection of the sale of her ImClone stock.  She didn't get the information about ImClone stock from the CEO who was her friend - that would be a basis for insider trading.  She was told by her broker that the CEO of ImClone was selling a chunk of stock.  She had no information as to why.  Martha made the mistake of trying to cover it up by lying about the trade. 

• Love 4

Can the US government prevent Teresa from leaving the country until her debt is resolved?

And I won't be surprised if the Guidices try to make money off their children. For example, If Gia gets a slot on some TV show. I don't know if all of a minor's earnings has to be protected, but I can see the Guidices thinking they can get away with exploiting their girls for cash. I bet they are trying to work with agents right now.

It's OK Lotus, I've still got nothing but love for you girl. I hope you are right - it would restore my faith in humanity a bit if they wanted nothing more to do with her.

Keep in mind, however, I was right about Beth coming back to NY.......

LOL! I'm not sure I knew your prediction re: Bethenny! I think that makes us both 1-1. (Bethenny's return and Teresa getting jail time). So a Giudice spin-off or return to RH can be a tie-breaker!

I stopped being surprised at the depths media will sink just make a dollar off of someone. It wouldn't surprise me if they do bring the family back in some form or fashion even if it is a "where are they now" one time show with all the housewives. Andy has a palatable hatred of Theresa but there is a curiosity about her that they can exploit. Andy and the exec's love the bank they make off of train wrecks and if they feel that they can make one thin dime more off of her they will.

I'm not sure if you clicked on the link my post referenced (why I don't think Bravo will re-hire Teresa). I agree that a network's first priority is making money, but as that news item stated, the gelato company dropped Teresa for business reasons. As did the hair care company. Why would Bravo be any different? They have to weigh the same pros and cons of hiring someone with her now tainted reputation and criminal record.

• Love 1

A few years back, I had a relative serving time in a low-security federal prison.  I visited from time to time, and it wasn't too bad.  At first I wondered why anyone would bring their children there to visit, but I realized it was better for the inmates to maintain contact with their children.  It gives them a very good reason to straighten out their lives.

No visitors were searched or patted down, but you did have to walk through a metal detector.  If you had a jacket on, you'd take that off and the guard would examine it.  There was a strict dress code for visitors.  No shorts, short or low-cut dresses, or sleeveless blouses.  You were allowed to bring in a clear plastic baggie with quarters for the vending machines.  Mothers with babies could bring in diapers, formula and such.  I understood from my relative that inmates were searched before and after having visitation.

All of that just to say, it really isn't the awful experience for children that you might think.  I never brought any with me, but the ones I saw there were playing (there was a play area in the visitor's room) and behaving in a normal fashion.  I guess for them, this was their normal.

Thanks for clarifying that. i have never been in a prison so my idea of visiiting is getting patted down, strip search and all kind of despicable things.

I am thinking about the mental health of her girls , even if Teresa never thought about it for a second, and it pains me to think that the Guidice girls would get the completely wrong message about jail. If Teresa is in so much denial , then for sure these girls might be inclined to think that their mother is in jail being completely innocent .

I would like to think that in the privacy of her home Teresa has been honest with her daughters and has owned up to her crimes but I know better.

• Love 1

Here's a New York Times article, which says she netted over 200K by dumping her stock...

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/17/business/martha-stewart-s-sentence-overview-5-months-jail-stewart-vows-ll-be-back.html

I think that isn't accurate because it doesn't deduct the value of the stock that still would have held if she hadn't sold.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/06/04/news/martha_indict/index.htm

"By selling when she did, Stewart avoided losses of $45,673," according to the SEC." Basically, that's what the stock sale got her that she wouldn't have had if she held onto it like other investors--$45,673. (Of course, if her broker had just made the transaction for her without disclosing the "insider information", I don't see how she would have been legally involved at all.)

In any case, my point was that Martha Stewart handled the prison time well, including saying that she was "used to hard work" and "wasn't afraid at all", while accepting her punishment. But I don't know what my point is, because the idea that Martha Stewart is classier and smarter than Teresa Giudice isn't exactly a revelation.

I've never liked Teresa (thought she was a self-centered bully), but I thought she had the "street smarts" to adjust well to new situations. I'm surprised how badly she has handled these legal situations and the -depth- of her denial and entitlement. Maybe she'll learn something--humility? an appreciation for others who haven't had her advantages? some sense of responsibility to be a better (and less materialistic) role model to her daughters?--I doubt it, but it would be nice.

• Love 4

I've never liked Teresa (thought she was a self-centered bully), but I thought she had the "street smarts" to adjust well to new situations. I'm surprised how badly she has handled these legal situations and the -depth- of her denial and entitlement. Maybe she'll learn something--humility? an appreciation for others who haven't had her advantages? some sense of responsibility to be a better (and less materialistic) role model to her daughters?--I doubt it, but it would be nice.

I always thought Teresa's "I'm tough, I'm strong, I've got hustle, I'm a savvy businesswoman" talk was all a front. In reality, she is none of that. She and JoeGo grew up in an old school, traditional Italian family, where she was treated like a princess. She married Juicy at a pretty young age, and continued to live a pretty sheltered life. Then she entered the world of reality TV fame, which only perpetuated her diva-like ways. That's why I'm not at all surprised she's freaked out the way she has. And prison? Oh man. That's another way the comparison to Martha Stewart is such an interesting one. I'm sure being sent to prison was humiliating, but she built her empire on smarts, savvy, and hard work, so she wasn't afraid. That's the exact opposite of Teresa's upbringing and her m.o.

• Love 2

I think that isn't accurate because it doesn't deduct the value of the stock that still would have held if she hadn't sold.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/06/04/news/martha_indict/index.htm

"By selling when she did, Stewart avoided losses of $45,673," according to the SEC." Basically, that's what the stock sale got her that she wouldn't have had if she held onto it like other investors--$45,673. (Of course, if her broker had just made the transaction for her without disclosing the "insider information", I don't see how she would have been legally involved at all.)

In any case, my point was that Martha Stewart handled the prison time well, including saying that she was "used to hard work" and "wasn't afraid at all", while accepting her punishment. But I don't know what my point is, because the idea that Martha Stewart is classier and smarter than Teresa Giudice isn't exactly a revelation.

Thanks Padma.  It looks like the CNN article you linked also says she netted over 200K…maybe because it's also including the difference between her buy and sell prices?  Perhaps someone more familiar with the stock market can explain.

On topic, I look at Teresa as someone with a processing problem who has been told she is stupid for most of her life…and so she believes it, which is why it's her "Gorga switch."  I hope she is evaluated and able to receive help in prison.  And in turn take care of her girls, without Joe, upon her release.

IMO

On topic, I look at Teresa as someone with a processing problem who has been told she is stupid for most of her life…and so she believes it, which is why it's her "Gorga switch."  I hope she is evaluated and able to receive help in prison.  And in turn take care of her girls, without Joe, upon her release.

IMO

What kind of help do you mean? Because I agree she has trouble processing (a/k/a she's not smart), but the only way to get smarter is to read, learn, take classes....

• Love 1

I always thought Teresa's "I'm tough, I'm strong, I've got hustle, I'm a savvy businesswoman" talk was all a front. In reality, she is none of that. She and JoeGo grew up in an old school, traditional Italian family, where she was treated like a princess. She married Juicy at a pretty young age, and continued to live a pretty sheltered life. Then she entered the world of reality TV fame, which only perpetuated her diva-like ways. That's why I'm not at all surprised she's freaked out the way she has. And prison? Oh man. That's another way the comparison to Martha Stewart is such an interesting one. I'm sure being sent to prison was humiliating, but she built her empire on smarts, savvy, and hard work, so she wasn't afraid. That's the exact opposite of Teresa's upbringing and her m.o.

Teresa was 28 - 29 when she and Joe got married. Even by todays standards that is not young, but average. She earned an Associate Degree in Fashion Marketing and worked for Macy's as an associate buyer before she married Joe. She was not all that "sheltered", she had real life experiences outside of her family.

But, I do agree that she was treated like a "princess" at home and became convinced that her needs, wants and desires should always come first no matter what and she carried that attitude over into her marriage.

Thanks for clarifying that. i have never been in a prison so my idea of visiiting is getting patted down, strip search and all kind of despicable things.

I am thinking about the mental health of her girls , even if Teresa never thought about it for a second, and it pains me to think that the Guidice girls would get the completely wrong message about jail. If Teresa is in so much denial , then for sure these girls might be inclined to think that their mother is in jail being completely innocent .

I would like to think that in the privacy of her home Teresa has been honest with her daughters and has owned up to her crimes but I know better.

My relative did laughingly tell me one time that he was the only guilty person in there.  Everyone else steadfastly maintained their innocence...they were railroaded by the cops, etc.  I have no doubt that Teresa will do the same. 

Teresa was 28 - 29 when she and Joe got married. Even by todays standards that is not young, but average. She earned an Associate Degree in Fashion Marketing and worked for Macy's as an associate buyer before she married Joe. She was not all that "sheltered", she had real life experiences outside of her family.

We already went back-and-forth on this, and I think you and I simply have a different definition of a sheltered life. I also think my viewpoint is buttressed by Teresa's current fragile state. In other words, you can grow up fairly sheltered, and still hold down a job at Macy's, no problem. But prison? Hell no! Prison = fear, denial, fragile state of mind. I've never shopped at Macy's. Is it that scary?

• Love 2

What kind of help do you mean? Because I agree she has trouble processing (a/k/a she's not smart), but the only way to get smarter is to read, learn, take classes....

LotusFlower,

I'm no expert for sure, but imho she seems to have a possibly undiagnosed learning disability involving language/auditory processing.  I don't know what the help would be for adults, but for children/adolescents, it involves specialized teaching to enhance reading comprehension, retention, word recognition, etc. (tailored toward that student).  It doesn't mean the student is stupid - often, it's the opposite.  But yes, reading and learning style are huge components, I would think.

Again, maybe a special ed teacher or psychologist can step in here...

• Love 8

LotusFlower,

I'm no expert for sure, but imho she seems to have a possibly undiagnosed learning disability involving language/auditory processing.  I don't know what the help would be for adults, but for children/adolescents, it involves specialized teaching to enhance reading comprehension, retention, word recognition, etc. (tailored toward that student).  It doesn't mean the student is stupid - often, it's the opposite.  But yes, reading and learning style are huge components.

The fact that her brother is so dim leads me to believe that it's not a learning disability, she's just not smart. And of course it's never too late to learn, but I just don't see that in Teresa's make-up. But even backing up from that, I don't think she sees a problem. Didn't Dina say calling her stupid is her trigger? I think she's fine with her level of intellect, and has no intention of picking up a book, since she sees no reason, imo.

• Love 5

My relative did laughingly tell me one time that he was the only guilty person in there.  Everyone else steadfastly maintained their innocence...they were railroaded by the cops, etc.  I have no doubt that Teresa will do the same. 

Yes, maybe Teresa will fit in better than I thought. Despite reading her publicist/lawyer's words in court, I -still- don't think she feels she did anything wrong. And she has zero contrition that I can see. In prison, she'll just keep complaining about how Joe/her lawyers/the bank/her creditors... everyone but Teresa herself made mistakes, told her something wrong, didn't explain it, yadda yadda. She is the Queen of Excuses and may fit right in in prison.

Martha took her punishment, got respect for it, and even made it work for her. I actually thought it sounded kind of cool when someone on a show asked her an innocuous question (like, "Can you drive a stick shift?") and her answer was, "Yes, I learned it in prison."  That answer makes a lot of dull questions automatically more interesting.

Teresa could have made this work for her, but she's Just. Too. Stupid.  I really have no idea how she passed college classes, worked as a buyer at Macy's, etc. She doesn't seem capable of doing any of that from what I can see.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 5

Here's some more information on prison for Tre - including the commissary list. 

◾Try to find out as much as possible about how the system works in the prison you will be living in. If there is an official rule book for the prison, read it. You can be punished for breaking a rule that you didn’t know existed. Breaking the rules will not only piss off personnel, but inmates as well. It makes life harder for everyone. Ignorance of the rules is no defense.
◾Cash is not necessary and will be confiscated. It’s best to go in with a US Postal Service money order as they are widely accepted in all prisons (federal and state).  Additionally, don’t let anyone know that you have money. Pretend that you’re poor and penniless. That way there’s no danger of other prisoners trying to extort money from you.  NOTE:  This tip will not work for Teresa! 
◾Don’t trust anyone. That goes for guards, other prison officials, and the person in the cell next door. If someone is being nice to you, ask yourself “What’s in it for her?” They almost always have some hidden motive that you don’t know about. In prison, nothing is free.
◾MORE tips at How To Survive In Prison…

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/10/24/teresa_giudice-rhonj-the-new-world-order-of-incarceration/comment-page-1/#comment-571453

Here's the full commissary list.  http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/dan/DAN_CommList.pdf

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

The fact that her brother is so dim leads me to believe that it's not a learning disability, she's just not smart. And of course it's never too late to learn, but I just don't see that in Teresa's make-up. But even backing up from that, I don't think she sees a problem. Didn't Dina say calling her stupid is her trigger? I think she's fine with her level of intellect, and has no intention of picking up a book, since she sees no reason, imo.

Actually, I think they probably both have undiagnosed disabilities…they'll never know unless they get tested which may not ever happen.  So agree to disagree.

• Love 7

No more Milania Hair Care? No more Fabellini (still bitter about never having any)! Say it ain't so.....it does appear to be the case though. The hair line link takes you now to a site for discounted salon products and is now just "Youthful 8" (Milania is still on the actual products though), Wine Wave her distributor tweeted that they were sorry the dimwit twins weren't able to continue with them. Shame on me - I looked it up.

BTW - I don't believe for a moment Teresa was ever an associate buyer for Macy's (taken off her Bravo bio I think). I think she probably worked in the cosmetics department. Remember she lies like a rug...

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 3

We already went back-and-forth on this, and I think you and I simply have a different definition of a sheltered life. I also think my viewpoint is buttressed by Teresa's current fragile state. In other words, you can grow up fairly sheltered, and still hold down a job at Macy's, no problem. But prison? Hell no! Prison = fear, denial, fragile state of mind. I've never shopped at Macy's. Is it that scary?

My post was more in reference to your statement that Teresa married "fairly young", 28-29 is NOT young! I also do not think anyone has an easy time facing the reality they are going to prison, even to "Club Fed". I have no doubts that most would be "fragile and in a state of denial" as well.

I have know women that grew up "sheltered" and they did NOT go on to college, even a 2 year degree, they did not work except maybe in a family business, they did not date anyone except those approved by their Father/Mother and they usually married right out of HS, no parties, no sleep overs except at extended families homes, and no outside influences like girl friends outside of family (cousins). That is sheltered IMO, not what Teresa was. She was spoiled, pampered and never told she was wrong but IMO, she was NOT sheltered.

• Love 2

Does anyone remember a few years back on either the Bravo or TWOP boards there was some discussion questioning the validity of Teresa's alleged associates degree and her "buyer" job at Macys?   I don't remember if anything was proven one way or the other about her attending and/or getting that AA degree but I do remember someone who allegedly knew or was related to some executive at Macys posting that Teresa never held a buyer's position with them.

• Love 2

Actually, I think they probably both have undiagnosed disabilities…they'll never know unless they get tested which may not ever happen.  So agree to disagree.

True, but they're both in their 40's, right? I can't see them getting tested, or even caring about it.

BTW - I don't believe for a moment Teresa was ever an associate buyer for Macy's (taken off her Bravo bio I think). I think she probably worked in the cosmetics department. Remember she lies like a rug...

Good point. Although she might have some W-2 forms to prove it....

• Love 10

No more Milania Hair Care? No more Fabellini (still bitter about never having any)! Say it ain't so.....it does appear to be the case though. The hair line link takes you now to a site for discounted salon products and is now just "Youthful 8 (Milania is still on the actual products though), Wine Wave her distributor tweeted that they were sorry the dimwit twins weren't able to continue with them. Shame on me - I looked it up.

I don't believe it either and just posted about that.

When I read your post calling them the "dimwit twins" it reminded me that I forgot to congratulate whoever it was who called them "The Giudicii" in this thread.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Does anyone remember a few years back on either the Bravo or TWOP boards there was some discussion questioning the validity of Teresa's alleged associates degree and her "buyer" job at Macys?   I don't remember if anything was proven one way or the other about her attending and/or getting that AA degree but I do remember someone who allegedly knew or was related to some executive at Macys posting that Teresa never held a buyer's position with them.

There was a lot of discussion about that on Bravo's old MB as well. No one there was ever able to dispute her working for Macys either but someone did confirm her Associate Degree, Teresa only said she had a college degree and does no clarify it as an Associate (2 year) Degree. They also said that the School she went to was not known for being difficult and pretty much anyone could get in no matter their HS grades.

• Love 1

That she lied about the AA degree and about being a buyer should have been my first thought. Anyone who lies as much as she does, that's all you can do (especially when she seems ill-equipped to have either of those accomplishments.)

It's not that Teresa is so dumb, though, that makes me dislike her. Some not-too-bright people have great personalities, are fun to be around, are helpful and kind, etc. Imo, she's just conceited, obnoxious, stubborn and aggressive. Those have nothing to do with intelligence, but being dumb on top of it, just makes it worse.

That prison list is very different from the behaviors she's used to having work for her. I guess I'm an incurable optimist because I still think 15 months at Danbury could make her into a better person.

• Love 2

I have know women that grew up "sheltered" and they did NOT go on to college, even a 2 year degree, they did not work except maybe in a family business, they did not date anyone except those approved by their Father/Mother and they usually married right out of HS, no parties, no sleep overs except at extended families homes, and no outside influences like girl friends outside of family (cousins). That is sheltered IMO, not what Teresa was. She was spoiled, pampered and never told she was wrong but IMO, she was NOT sheltered.

Like I said, we have different definitions of the word "sheltered." Yes, it can refer to girls growing up in a closed-off community, like the Amish, or Hassidic Jews, or even just very strict families. But it can also be more loosely translated, as in not exposed to much, which is closely related to why she (and her brother) are not that smart. Yes, I'm sure she was spoiled and pampered, but I also think she didn't venture too far out of her NJ/family comfort zone, nor was she encouraged to.

• Love 4

Like I said, we have different definitions of the word "sheltered." Yes, it can refer to girls growing up in a closed-off community, like the Amish, or Hassidic Jews, or even just very strict families. But it can also be more loosely translated, as in not exposed to much, which is closely related to why she (and her brother) are not that smart. Yes, I'm sure she was spoiled and pampered, but I also think she didn't venture too far out of her NJ/family comfort zone, nor was she encouraged to.

I doubt that Teresa or Joe ever read a newspaper, watched the news or had a clue about current events or any idea of a "world" outside of New Jersey.

ETA:  Except for their relatives' home town in Italy.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

LotusFlower,

I'm no expert for sure, but imho she seems to have a possibly undiagnosed learning disability involving language/auditory processing.  I don't know what the help would be for adults, but for children/adolescents, it involves specialized teaching to enhance reading comprehension, retention, word recognition, etc. (tailored toward that student).  It doesn't mean the student is stupid - often, it's the opposite.  But yes, reading and learning style are huge components, I would think.

Again, maybe a special ed teacher or psychologist can step in here...

I have thought this from season one. She has an auditory processing problem of some kind. That where the long pauses and blink, blink, blink comes in.

• Love 7

I have thought this from season one. She has an auditory processing problem of some kind. That where the long pauses and blink, blink, blink comes in.

I've noticed that too and it's why I was so surprised that she was able to articulate "I won't be provoked" so quickly to Dina.  That sentence certainly doesn't demonstrate a command of the English language but since her responses are usually slow and often incoherent, I did take notice.   Maybe that was one of the "scripted" conversations that don't exist.  LOL

• Love 1

Hasn't Teresa said she and Dina worked at a make-up counter in Macy's and that's how they met? I think even Caroline's said she stopped by a few times because it was fun watching them do their thing. A lot has changed in terms of college degrees over the years (you need an AS to go in the NYPD now for example when you used to be able to apply right from highschool), so I do think it's possible when Teresa was at Macy's an Associates could get you a buyers position. But now almost all Buyer jobs require a 4yr degree. Teresa could have started at the make-up counter and worked her way up or she could be lying, but I have a feeling maybe eventually she did move into one of the office positions maybe as an assistant if anything. Fun Fact: It bugs me Macy's maybe hired Teresa because I can be awfully petty, since I applied for an [part-time] assistant job at Macy's a few years ago (I have an Associates in Business, btw, and that's what I qualified for, well full-time as well I just can't work full time  because of my health, so that's where my thoughts on Teresa stems from), the guy I interviewed with ended with "I want you to work here and I expect to call you next week", I got all excited... and then he hired someone else. If I ever find out someone like Teresa got hired... things would go down *wink*

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

Hasn't Teresa said she and Dina worked at a make-up counter in Macy's and that's how they met? I think even Caroline's said she stopped by a few times because it was fun watching them do their thing. A lot has changed in terms of college degrees over the years (you need an AS to go in the NYPD now for example when you used to be able to apply right from highschool), so I do think it's possible when Teresa was at Macy's an Associates could get you a buyers position.

You're right.  I remember Caroline saying that too.

Maybe that's where Teresa got the idea of an "Associates" degree from............she was a "Sales Associate" at Macys.  

• Love 8

Ok, now I understand how different our definition of sheltered is. And by your definition, I was raised "sheltered" in a rural area and none of us, including my brothers, were allowed to go into the "big city" without an adult. My parents were strict and kept close tabs on all of us, especially my sister and I. They did though, encourage all of us to get an education, which we all did but at smaller colleges within 2-3 hours of home. Now you might understand why I do NOT consider Teresa "sheltered"!  LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

Ok, now I understand how different our definition of sheltered is. And by your definition, I was raised "sheltered" in a rural area and none of us, including my brothers, were allowed to go into the "big city" without an adult. My parents were strict and kept close tabs on all of us, especially my sister and I. They did though, encourage all of us to get an education, which we all did but at smaller colleges within 2-3 hours of home. Now you might understand why I do NOT consider Teresa "sheltered"!  LOL

Maybe cut a little too close to home?! I certainly meant no offense!

Adding - If there was ever an example of how hard it is for Teresa to form a coherent thought, it's in this outtake from her one-on-one interview, when Andy asked her about not understanding why this was all happening to her. I can't seem to figure out how to post a link. I hope this works:

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/10/22/teresa-giudice-joe-giudice-prison-talk-andy-cohen-new-video-clips/

• Love 2

Maybe cut a little too close to home?! I certainly meant no offense!

Adding - If there was ever an example of how hard it is for Teresa to form a coherent thought, it's in this outtake from her one-on-one interview, when Andy asked her about not understanding why this was all happening to her. I can't seem to figure out how to post a link. I hope this works:

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/10/22/teresa-giudice-joe-giudice-prison-talk-andy-cohen-new-video-clips/

No offense taken! LOL I was just confused by what you considered "sheltered". Teresa does NOT have any English language skills and I doubt that she is any different in Italian either. She even admitted on the show that Joe is much better at speaking Italian than she is, when she was trying to teach the girls. Also, when they were in Italy, Joe did most of the talking, she stumbled as bad in Italian as she does in English. It is like she can think it but she is unable to speak it, kind of like a stroke victim that has difficulty making the connection between thought and speech, she knows what she wants to say but can not find the words! It goes beyond just bad speaking/language skills IMO. Her brother though, just has bad/lazy speaking skills and the same with Joe.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

I don't know, some people are just dumb, you know?

• Love 7

Joe, by Teresa's admission, had run ins with the law as a juvenile.  He's a drinker, she's a drinker, I imagine they were drinking long before they were legal.  Joe's a drunk driver - maybe that nasty little habit started recently or maybe he's been doing it since a teen and he's now just getting caught. I have the sneaking suspicion that Teresa was debutante 'back seat of Joey's car.

Joe is scrappy, Teresa will chase you down at a country club like a silver back gorilla. Perhaps Milania inherited her behavior from parents that behaved like that since they were her age.

When I was growing up, we had kids in our school who had behavior like that and they weren't the sheltered ones.

• Love 4

You're right.  I remember Caroline saying that too.

Maybe that's where Teresa got the idea of an "Associates" degree from............she was a "Sales Associate" at Macys.  

Teresa, if I recall correctly, said she attended and graduated from Berkely School of Business, which was a two year "business school" back in the day here in NJ.  (I don't think they are in business anymore).  If I remember from those days, this school was one step above a Katherine Gibbs type secretarial school.  They offered various "degrees", such as executive assistant, fashion merchandising, legal assistant, etc.

I also think that back when Teresa worked at Macy's, it wasn't that difficult to become an "assistant buyer".  It was really just one position up from department manager.  (And, if you've recently dealt with sales or store managers for some mall stores, such as NY and Company, Forever 21, etc., you will know that you don't need to be a Rhodes Scholar or have a great deal of people skills or be of a certain age for that position.  (Not knocking anyone in retail - I worked in retail myself back in my teens and early 20's).

• Love 2

The first time I read anything about Teresa's background, the piece I was reading said she was a graduate of Berkely.  I thought that was so absurd and remember laughing out loud.  It wasn't until much later on that I saw she attended some Berkely school in New Jersey and not THE University of Berkely.  It may be true but I still have a hard time believing it.

Once upon a time when the earth was new, I worked in retail too.  The department managers were usually promoted to those positions after years and years of working on the sales floor. They started right after high school and never left.   I don't think that many (or any) of them had college degrees but anyone who made it to "buyer" did.

ETA:  The buyers for large stores (like Macys) buy for all their stores.  That's a job I cannot believe Teresa could do.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

The blink blink blink and also how she constantly gestures when speaking tells me something about how she processes things.  Much like hand flapping in a child or adult on the spectrum, the repetitious motion with the hands indicates something is going on in that brain of hers. Could be something, could be nothing. Doesn't mean she's a dum dum - many highly intelligent people speak with their hands.  But many highly intelligent people are also on the spectrum, to a different degree than Teresa, of course.  And likely Joey. 

I don't know, some people are just dumb, you know?

Could be that, too. LOL

• Love 2

TLC had to cancel BooBoo given the sickening actions of that woman who should never be allowed around children again let alone that guy. TLC would be ruined if they didn't (not to mention potential criminal liability if they let that man around children... and God forbid...) Fraud and even making money off your children's reactions to your crimes just do not compare to exposing your children to a Child Molester (repeatedly no less.) The Giudice girls aren't at risk of physical harm and I do believe Joe and/or Teresa would end up in jail for their reaction to any such disgusting person around one of those girls. As parents the Giudice's are ignorant as to how their actions have effected their children they're not fully aware of the consequences to their children and are blatantly ignoring it for... whatever that disgusting woman is getting from being around that guy. The Giudice's I'd bet are even the kind of people who would consider themselves to be unworthy of jail because they never physically hurt anyone.

Wanting to hold on to money/fame is one thing. Money, TV does not change a person's corrupt soulless morals that June is displaying. You either are that sick or you're not. In this case being on TV is probably the best thing to happen to those kids because it's put them in a position to be protected, which they would not have had had June done this with them not being public figures (and I bet anything it would have happened regardless.)

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

I agree with the sentiment of those who say Teresa should go back and get a job in clothing retail - even if it's as a saleswoman, not a buyer, her previous position. But I don't think it's possible. I don't imagine the Macy's or Bloomingdale's or Nordstrom at the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne or the Saks or Neiman Marcus at Riverside in Hackensack or the Mall at Short Hills would hire her as a saleswoman, what with the attendant paparazzi attention. Maybe a boutique would hire her (Posche in Wayne!) or she'll open a small business herself, somehow? A restaurant or little store showcasing Teresa's styles? But, even then, I don't think Teresa wants to do an honest day's work. She's hooked on the reality TV drug. My guess is that she'll capitalize on her prison time with a book deal (tabloids have reported this is already underway), and as the OP mentioned, reappear in a moderately successful reality show of her own on a lower tier cable network than Bravo (VH1, WE, Oxygen, etc.) There's also the possibility that Bravo will place RHONJ on hiatus until she's out of prison and ready to film, or give her her own spin off. But I think the likelihood of those possibilities is dwindling daily. When the attention completely dries up, she may follow Joe to Italy following his deportation (providing she has or is eligible for ex sanguinis citizenship via her parents) and get involved in fraud schemes or shoddy construction there. If she and Joe get divorced, she will attempt to capitalize on her notoriety in the aforementioned ways (books, reality TV, as well as interviews) and then either marry a man similar to Joe, lean on her daughters for support, or both.

My money's on her and Joe divorcing and, after her stint, having her own Bravo show ("Me and My Girls" or some such) and it being successful. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's all been legally hammered out already by Devil Andy and his minions. Joe will go to his stashed millions in a beautiful country, and all will live happily ever after. I think.

• Love 4
My money's on her and Joe divorcing and, after her stint, having her own Bravo show ("Me and My Girls" or some such) and it being successful. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's all been legally hammered out already by Devil Andy and his minions.

I agree! Last week I said as much that they could become the next Kardashians. People eat that stuff up. The Kardashians have their boutique, "Dash". Teresa and the girls could open "Juicy Couture".

"Whadaya mean I'm gettin' sued. I di'int know that name was already taken. Joe told me to pick it."

Blink blink blink

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

I think she's dumb as a box of rocks, with a low IQ and a complete disinterest in knowing how to speak properly or become literate. She thinks it's "cute" to use fake words like "cleansy" and TPTB encourage her.

• Love 6

My money's on her and Joe divorcing and, after her stint, having her own Bravo show ("Me and My Girls" or some such) and it being successful. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that's all been legally hammered out already by Devil Andy and his minions. Joe will go to his stashed millions in a beautiful country, and all will live happily ever after. I think.

A spinoff for Teresa could definitely happen, whether on Bravo or a lower tier cable network (VH1, WE, Oxygen, etc.) One thing I'm fairly certain of is that RHONJ will be cancelled or at the very least put on permanent hiatus, so that Teresa's reappearance on TV would have to be on a solo show. The only thing that would save RHONJ, as I described in an earlier post, would be reassembling most of the Season 1 cast save Teresa and getting them to air their dirty laundry loudly. The whole Real Housewives "franchise" (if you can call it that) is floundering right now, and RHONJ is (next to Miami) its weakest link. Bravo might want to test the waters before even giving Teresa a solo show, what with declining viewership for RHONJ and the whole franchise.

If I were Teresa (if only), I would divorce Joe and probably keep doing tabloids, reality TV, and ghostwritten books, as a person with very few job skills apart from being a Bravolebrity.* I would potentially remarry in order to secure some of my earned money in joint accounts or accounts under my spouse's name.  I would then do the truly Jersey move and, having failed at climbing the ladder in New Jersey, move to Florida, where the cost of a big house is cheaper and where my home is protected from being seized by my creditors (this is what OJ Simpson did.)

*I don't believe that she was a buyer for Macy's and worked in New York's "fashion world." I think she worked at the cosmetics counter with Dina at a Macy's (it would be the one at the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, probably, in which case they probably did my mother's face), in the early '90s, and then maybe worked her way up into an office position or worked for the regional office. But Teresa is not "Jersey York", as we say in Jersey, she is all Jersey. The woman couldn't drive from Towaco to New York City over the George Washington Bridge in Season 1, which basically involves only driving on Route 80 eastbound and which would be common knowledge for any North Jersey-New York commuter (I can't picture Teresa suffering the indignity of taking a bus or train.) I am 99% sure she never worked in New York at Macy's corporate headquarters.

• Love 4

A spinoff for Teresa could definitely happen, whether on Bravo or a lower tier cable network (VH1, WE, Oxygen, etc.) One thing I'm fairly certain of is that RHONJ will be cancelled or at the very least put on permanent hiatus, so that Teresa's reappearance on TV would have to be on a solo show. The only thing that would save RHONJ, as I described in an earlier post, would be reassembling most of the Season 1 cast save Teresa and getting them to air their dirty laundry loudly. The whole Real Housewives "franchise" (if you can call it that) is floundering right now, and RHONJ is (next to Miami) its weakest link. Bravo might want to test the waters before even giving Teresa a solo show, what with declining viewership for RHONJ and the whole franchise.

If I were Teresa (if only), I would divorce Joe and probably keep doing tabloids, reality TV, and ghostwritten books, as a person with very few job skills apart from being a Bravolebrity.* I would potentially remarry in order to secure some of my earned money in joint accounts or accounts under my spouse's name.  I would then do the truly Jersey move and, having failed at climbing the ladder in New Jersey, move to Florida, where the cost of a big house is cheaper and where my home is protected from being seized by my creditors (this is what OJ Simpson did.)

*I don't believe that she was a buyer for Macy's and worked in New York's "fashion world." I think she worked at the cosmetics counter with Dina at a Macy's (it would be the one at the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne, probably, in which case they probably did my mother's face), in the early '90s, and then maybe worked her way up into an office position or worked for the regional office. But Teresa is not "Jersey York", as we say in Jersey, she is all Jersey. The woman couldn't drive from Towaco to New York City over the George Washington Bridge in Season 1, which basically involves only driving on Route 80 eastbound and which would be common knowledge for any North Jersey-New York commuter (I can't picture Teresa suffering the indignity of taking a bus or train.) I am 99% sure she never worked in New York at Macy's corporate headquarters.

I don't know for sure if Tre was ever an associate buyer for Macy's but I do know a number of people who were one at one time and it's not all that difficult job to get.  When she did (if she did) had the job, it was when she was still living in Paterson, not Towaco and you can take NJ rail transit pretty easily to Penn Station.  Macy's is about a block away.  She also claims have worked at Vogue.

• Love 1