Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Yeet

The murder trials against Alexander Moore and Jack Allen begin, and the pressure mounts when Lola agrees to allow media into the courtroom to support her re-election campaign. Also, Mark and Amy commit to their relationship, even though they’re on opposite sides of the trial, and Luke looks for a way to win Emily back.

Airing May 24, 2021.

Well.. that was that.

Surprised that Sara was on video at the end.  Where were the other judges?

Glad the case ended with the right person in jail.

Guess we will never know if Lola won her seat.

• Love 6

Well, I'm impressed, they did manage to wrap up most of the storylines. We don't know if Lola won her seat, but I'll just assume she does. Everyone else seemed to have a happy ending set up.

What was with the rich father of the killer? His son gets caught on video tape stabbing someone to death, gets caught almost committing perjury, and he goes on a rant to the media about the judge? Wouldn't most people's response to that be "shut up rich dude." There are certainly other reasons someone could legitimately criticize Lola as a judge during a campaign, but sentencing a proven killer does not seem to be one of them.

Would giving that tape to the police be allowed for Rachel and Amy? I agree with them that it was the moral thing to do, but if they aren't legally required to report evidence, are the ethically required to not hurt their client? I guess if it is not attorney/client privilege it is okay.

• Love 5

I think Amy was (morally) wrong to tell the guy who had the video that he was not to take it anywhere else. I don't know what is legally allowed, but it seemed to me like obstruction for her to threaten him or intimidate him out of showing it to anyone else. That's separate from whether or not she herself reveals it. It's one thing to stay quiet, it's another to demand a third party do so. But I am not a lawyer, so maybe you're allowed to shout at people with evidence, and command them not to share it.

I liked this episode, and agree it served well as a finale, even though I didn't want the show to be ending.

• Love 7

Yes, the show did seem to tie up storylines and I'm glad that most seemed to wind-up doing what's right for them (even that nitwit Emily).

I did think Amy's whole handling of the video was questionable and that includes turning it over to expose the real murderer but that seems par for the course with her.

The dad was being an a..hole and complaining about Carmichael is just dumb on his part.  I know people can be swayed but that made no sense at all.  He needs to go sob into his money.

Always nice to hear some Songs In The Key of Life.  I did miss seeing some of the other characters at the end like Peter MacNicol and Paul McCrane's judges but you can't have everything.  I wonder if the show suspected it might not get another season or if they just threw this together to not leave a bunch of dangling bits.

I'd taken another season of this show over some of the ones that CBS chose to keep.  Well I guess this at least frees up Marg Helgenberger for that CSI reboot...

• Love 6
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Would giving that tape to the police be allowed for Rachel and Amy?

They passed it on anonymously, I think.  In any case, they have an ethical responsibility to their client to not damage his defense.  It would be the same if he told them in confidence that he did kill the victim.  Legally, would they be held accountable for the leak of the videotape?  I don't know, but the Bar Association would very likely disbar both of them for breach of duty if their actions were publicized.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

They passed it on anonymously, I think.  In any case, they have an ethical responsibility to their client to not damage his defense.  It would be the same if he told them in confidence that he did kill the victim.  Legally, would they be held accountable for the leak of the videotape?  I don't know, but the Bar Association would very likely disbar both of them for breach of duty if their actions were publicized.

I am pretty sure they're ethically obligated to turn over the video even if it's bad for the defense of their client.  Attorney/Client privilege protects a client when they speak freely with their lawyer but that doesn't extend to physical evidence.

The reason they shared it the way they did was because they needed the dad's money but knew he might fire them if they handed over the tape.  This gave them plausible deniability in front of their client's dad. 

It seems like this episode was filmed with the knowledge or expectation that it was going to be a finale.  A lot of big wrap ups and decisions happened.  It does make me wonder what a next season would look like.  Would Emily be gone for good?  (Probably not but a girl can dream.)  I do wonder if Luke moving over to public defender is meant to replace her, though. Sara?  Ness would probably still be around at Amy and Rachel's firm.  Would the guy in the basement be seen more often in the DA's office. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, greekmom said:

Well.. that was that.

Glad the case ended with the right person in jail.

Guess we will never know if Lola won her seat.

Surprised that they didn't bring back Lola's obnoxious mother for the vow renewal.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I thought it was a bizarre episode. Very rushed and only sort of worked if they knew it was the series finale. 
Loved season 1 and was very disappointed by season 2. I would have stuck with it if it had been renewed , at least for awhile in hopes of better writing. 
The weirdest bit for me was the vow renewal. I didn’t understand why they were doing it. I hated Lola’s dress and it made it look like the only people in her life were work people. 

• Love 5

The vow renewal was awkward, but I think it was intended as a wrap-up celebratory scene for the series, and because of COVID, they couldn't have the number or variety of people there to film the party.  The episode did feel hastily done, but I appreciate that they tried to wrap things up as neatly as they could, given the rather sudden circumstances.  I'm sad this show was cancelled.  I thought it was far more dynamic and interesting than Bull. 

I'm quite sad about this.  All Rise was must-see Monday night TV for me.  I hope to see this cast in other roles soon.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Always nice to hear some Songs In The Key of Life.  

YES!!! Love me some Stevie!

I missed the memo that the show has been cancelled. Oh well. I also enjoyed the first season much more than this one.

I've not been able to find out any news about Simone Missick's pregnancy. Does anyone know anything about it?

• Love 1
(edited)

I am impressed at how many plot points they managed to wrap up, and I think they ended on a high note. It sucks that we wont get anymore of the show, but at least they got to have a nice ending. I am just assuming that Lola keeps her seat and that things work out, it seems like they managed to give just about everyone a happy ending where they are moving forward. I would have liked to have seen a few more of the judges before we left, but they had to do a whole lot to wrap things up quickly so I cant blame them for not getting to everyone. I will miss this show, even if this season wasn't as good as the first, I would have liked to see what happened next. Hope that the actors find new projects soon. I will especially miss the wardrobe people who made everyone look so amazing every episode, the true heroes! 

The rich dad was an absolute moron trying to go after Lola for sending his son to jail with so much overwhelming evidence. Its so obvious that he's just pissy about his son not getting a slap on the wrist for murder, everyone would call him out as a bitter asshole instantly for trying to pass the blame for his sons crime to the judge, who only sentenced him for the crime he so obviously did. "Oh yes I admit my son killed a guy but on an unrelated note the judge who sentenced him is a BITCH" Yeah I am sure no one could tell that this is just sour grapes and not anything to do with Lola's politics, if he wanted to be smart he would have gone all tears and heartfelt sympathy and turn this into a story about reconnecting with family or about the way kids are exposed to violence, idiot. At least we wont have to deal with this guy as a reoccurring villain in a hypothetical third season. 

Like I said, said about losing the show, especially because it will probably get replaced by some dull as dirt spin off of one of their procedurals, I would have really liked at least one more season. At least this was a good finale. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

Wow. I came over to see everyone’s reaction and just realized the show was cancelled. Life has been busy so I’ve been catching everything off the DVR. 

I’m sad this is over. I don’t know how a show like Bull is still around but this one gets cut. Season 2 may have been hectic and chaotic at times but it was interesting at least. 

• Love 8
On 5/24/2021 at 9:59 PM, greekmom said:

Where were Lola’s parents? If not in person, then on zoom, like Sara.

Pretty good wrap, considering how many loose ends there were. I sometimes DVRd then watched later in the week, but I always looked forward to watching and catching up.

9 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Where were Lola’s parents? If not in person, then on zoom, like Sara.

Exactly! When Benner said "we are gathered here with friends and family" I thought "what family? The baby?" because there was no family there, just friends.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Did we get any follow up on Brenner's hasty proposal from last week?

She didn't propose---it just was obvious she was going to, once she saw her girlfriend in person (I believe the girlfriend was out of town at some conference).

• Love 1
On 5/24/2021 at 8:02 PM, KaveDweller said:

Well, I'm impressed, they did manage to wrap up most of the storylines. We don't know if Lola won her seat, but I'll just assume she does. Everyone else seemed to have a happy ending set up.

Except for Emily who seems stuck with Luke's selfish ass.  I'd much rather she'd told him that, while she was going solo for a while, Juaquin was her soulmate.

I'm sad to see this show go and will especially miss Lola and Mark's friendship. I hope other shows take notes and learn platonic opposite sex friendships.

• Love 7