Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Katie Joy is somehow convinced that they're splitting. I don't watch her content, so I don't know how she came to their s conclusion.

I don't watch her channel either.  She doesn't know them, does she?

I figured they were selling because they can't afford the home anymore. I'm guessing they don't pool their TLC income anymore so Kody can't skim off the top and there's no wives left to toss them extra money when they need it.

Also, how many kids are at home? Just the 2 little ones? Since Robyn is a full-time wife now, how could anyone expect her to give up time pleasing Kody to clean that big ole house.

• Like 6
(edited)

I doubt Robyn would leave Kody unless she won the lottery  or she could convince some bank it’s perfectly normal to open a line of credit for a  Precious Moments figurine.

Besides isn’t it about time for Kody to frantically uproot his family for no legitimate reason (well besides start of a new season)? I mean it’s been several years.  Time to run around frazzled while everyone else does work.   OOPS!  They ran off all the people that actually did the work, guess the nanny and her husband better get to it!

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 19
(edited)

The show hadn’t been on TV that long when they moved to Vegas. The production company wasn’t getting rich yet.  The family didn’t have any money then.  Remember the broken window on Janelle’s car?  The multiple flat tires on the drive from Utah?  So I don’t doubt the veracity of this comment above at all. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 10
  • Useful 2
(edited)

There's no way they're splitting up, rhis is what Sobbyn has worked so hard for and now she has her prize! Only its a steaming pile of shit she's won. I don't think they'll split, at least I hope they don't bc they deserve each other, in perpetuity, for ever and ever, amen.

ETA: I think they'll play it as they're raising cash to build the dream hovel on Coyote Crap Pass, but it's probably a creditor thing with a balloon payment.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 8
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

There's no way they're splitting up, rhis is what Sobbyn has worked so hard for and now she has her prize! Only its a steaming pile of shit she's won. I don't think they'll split, at least I hope they don't bc they deserve each other, in perpetuity, fir ever and ever, amen.

I don't believe it, either.  The scenes in those previews of Kody and Robyn were fake, IMO.  They do deserve to make one another miserable, always!

• Like 8
18 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

I don't believe it, either.  The scenes in those previews of Kody and Robyn were fake, IMO.  They do deserve to make one another miserable, always!

That's probably what Katie Joy is basing her splitting thesis on. She doesn't know any more than any of us. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Applause 2
23 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That's probably what Katie Joy is basing her splitting thesis on. She doesn't know any more than any of us. 

She must have seen it in her Crystal Ball...

• LOL 11

Hi everyone, 

just dropping in with a quick reminder to please not post any personal information like addresses or links that contain addresses. 

Thank you and happy Labor Day weekend to all in the US. A smooth start into the week to everyone else. 

• Like 1
On 8/31/2024 at 7:39 PM, Adiba said:

I hate the architecture of this house— the exterior is depressing. The inside layout and that hideous built-in in the great room give me a headache.

It is a large home in a very nice setting, though and the view rom the porch is lovely. 

That is one ugly house and it is not just the decor, the "art" pieces and the bordello purple bedroom. I can't stand those textured walls. It just looks like a large house with a weird floor plan. How about the bathroom with the large rock sink? To me it is ugly inside and outside. 

Someone asked where did they get their "art work"? My hunch is a road side flea market you know where they sell velvet  pictures of Elvis. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
6 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

That is one ugly house and it is not just the decor, the "art" pieces and the bordello purple bedroom. I can't stand those textured walls. It just looks like a large house with a weird floor plan. How about the bathroom with the large rock sink? To me it is ugly inside and outside. 

Someone asked where did they get their "art work"? My hunch is a road side flea market you know where they sell velvet  pictures of Elvis. 

Agree!

And dogs playing pool.

• LOL 9
18 hours ago, jschoolgirl said:

I cannot figure out the adjoining bathrooms above the laundry room on the floor plan.

We have a similar situation with what used to be our daughters bedrooms sharing a bathroom and looking at the size of the bathrooms on their floorplan it’s probably the same.

Each bathroom is marked as 6 to 7 feet, one has the toilet with vanity while the other one has the shower and vanity so if one is taking a shower and the other needs to use the toilet, wash up or brush their teeth they can do so without waiting for the person to finish showering.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
On 9/2/2024 at 6:45 PM, 65mickey said:

LOL I thought exactly this! The colors in the bedroom clash with the purple. Who matches a burgundy bedspread with that off shade of "aphrodisiac" purple? It's some low life idea of what a "sexy boudoir" is supposed to look like. I'm surprised there's no mirror on the ceiling or no sad Elvis on velvet or velvet coyote or wolf, LOL. I have seen more tasteful artwork at truck stops!

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I have the exact same comforter set (It's from JCPenney a few years back), although it actually looks quite tasteful in my bedroom because unlike theirs, my furniture goes with it and is tasteful and the color scheme is complementary and doesn't have to compete with some hideous off-shade of purple splashed EVERYWHERE like they were trying just a little too hard to get "in the mood" if you know what I mean. I bet they have purple tinted lightbulbs to go along with it, and of course that infamous Victoria's Secret nightwear, LOL. Vomit. 🤮

Even the Las Vegas houses were more tastefully decorated and they were also tacky with all those "message" plaques, statues and figurines everywhere from overpriced gift shops. But I'm sure it was the other wives that decorated those houses. When left on their own this is the best these two idiots could do with all that money they wasted on this crap? It explains a lot about them. I don't love the house itself either but the way they decorated it makes it look even worse.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I’m wondering how much was actually Kody’s input when it comes to the design choices? (Not the precious hideous figurines and decorations of course)

I’m thinking about the horribly dark, clashing and bright color scheme all through, which perfectly matches his erratic behavior for example. Collecting hideous and “valuable” art also sounds like something Kody would do. And all those paintings that look like him and Robyn would fit his rather narcissistic personality too. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

I heard it suggested that Kody and Robyn were buying up tons of artwork in order to keep their assets non-liquid, but I'm not sure why they would do that.  If it's to pretend like they have no extra cash lying around for those pesky non-Robyn kids, then I suppose the OG 3 could demand that Kody sells some of that hideous crap the art for cash...same with Robyn's cabinets crammed full of Precious Moments/Willow Tree figurines.  I'm trying to figure out how that house is so full to the brim of useless junk while Janelle lived in crappy apartments and Kody couldn't even buy a Christmas gift for Savanah a couple of years ago.

I hope they are selling because they are wayyyyyyy over their heads in debt, while Janelle, Christine and Meri are free and living their best lives.

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

What is funny about their "art" is that most of it looks like it should have been painted on velvet instead of printed on paper and put in a cheap frame.  Also, many of the sculptures and prints appear to be designed to be statement pieces. Someone whose day is brightened by bears hugging would buy one sculpture and make it the focal point of the room. Not put it next to a phoenix rising in glass with all sorts of other stuff nearby. Same with the pitchers. Too many in different colours & subject matters covering every square inch of the walls is the opposite of a peaceful environment to live in.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I would be so twitchy in that house.  I would be constantly terrified that I would bump into and break one of Robyn's several thousand collectibles, as they were located in clusters on every flat surface of that mansion (one wonders where they are now - is there a storage unit big enough to fit them all)?  And the artwork colors!  The COLORS.  They're the literal opposite of soothing to me - loud, brash, fluorescent, clashing, on every single wall and placed so that some of them brush the ceiling.  I could never relax with a giant painting of what looks like a tiny human emerging through a forest fire in my field of vision.

Maybe that's why the kids' bedrooms are rather simple and neutral - they need a place to escape their mother's unhinged version of interior design.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
On 9/1/2024 at 4:22 AM, Irate Panda said:

From Reddit (not sure of its authenticity)

spacer.png

Production crew, I would like more of this please.

2 hours ago, Denize said:

What is funny about their "art" is that most of it looks like it should have been painted on velvet instead of printed on paper and put in a cheap frame.  Also, many of the sculptures and prints appear to be designed to be statement pieces. Someone whose day is brightened by bears hugging would buy one sculpture and make it the focal point of the room. Not put it next to a phoenix rising in glass with all sorts of other stuff nearby. Same with the pitchers. Too many in different colours & subject matters covering every square inch of the walls is the opposite of a peaceful environment to live in.

My husband said their art looks like cheap AI created art.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I heard it suggested that Kody and Robyn were buying up tons of artwork in order to keep their assets non-liquid, but I'm not sure why they would do that.  If it's to pretend like they have no extra cash lying around for those pesky non-Robyn kids, then I suppose the OG 3 could demand that Kody sells some of that hideous crap the art for cash...same with Robyn's cabinets crammed full of Precious Moments/Willow Tree figurines.  I'm trying to figure out how that house is so full to the brim of useless junk while Janelle lived in crappy apartments and Kody couldn't even buy a Christmas gift for Savanah a couple of years ago.

I hope they are selling because they are wayyyyyyy over their heads in debt, while Janelle, Christine and Meri are free and living their best lives.

Knowing that Kody sells his firearm accessories at expo type shows I would not be surprised if he does a lot of cash dealings. Buy things from peoples with cash, sell to people with cash and then pay cash for all these "art works". Keeps it all off the books...however that only works if the items that you store to later sell for more cash does not hold its worth or has no buyers...that's a lot of lost cash.

Also...what happened to the Kody Brown : part time father, full time asshat thread title ?

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Also...what happened to the Kody Brown : part time father, full time asshat thread title ?

A number of thread titles were changed in various topics after the site was down for reorganizing, or whatever word was used to describe it at the time.

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

A number of thread titles were changed in various topics after the site was down for reorganizing, or whatever word was used to describe it at the time.

This was just changed in the past few days. 

• Useful 4
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Maybe that's why the kids' bedrooms are rather simple and neutral - they need a place to escape their mother's unhinged version of interior design.

Except I swear I saw a picture of one of the kids' rooms that had a high shelf just loaded with some sort of statues or actions figures or something. I cannot find it again - am I nuts?  I know they have removed at least one picture from Zillow so maybe they ditched that one as well.  I wondered at the time if it was Day'un;s.

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Except I swear I saw a picture of one of the kids' rooms that had a high shelf just loaded with some sort of statues or actions figures or something. I cannot find it again - am I nuts?  I know they have removed at least one picture from Zillow so maybe they ditched that one as well.  I wondered at the time if it was Day'un;s.

• It's still there but only visible if you select the 3d version of Sol's (I think) bedroom. The one that has all the action figures in front of the tv. 
  • The kids' rooms seem fairly sparsely furnished/have little "decorations" in it. Well...compared to the rest of the house at least. 
  • I "only" counted 5 bedrooms btw. And Robyn was adamant about having a separate bedroom for each kid right? What used to be Dayton's room then?
  • The  bulky, dark and rather old fashioned furniture in the kids' bedrooms (apart from princess Ari of course) annoy me a lot! Not how I would decorate my girls' bedrooms!
  • I absolutely love that deck/balcony with the view! (Minus rocking chairs) Guess that's the one selling point of this building failure? 
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

This was just changed in the past few days. 

Playing catch up I suppose, or someone complained about the title. I hadn’t even noticed the change. 🤣🤣

• Like 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Playing catch up I suppose, or someone complained about the title. I hadn’t even noticed the change. 🤣🤣

They probably just got to this particular  show forum. The titles on several of the Duggar threads were changed in the spring because they were not respectful of the Duggar’s ‘humanity’.  The forum was told they were on a yellow light basis until posts were deemed respectful enough. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
10 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

They probably just got to this particular  show forum. The titles on several of the Duggar threads were changed in the spring because they were not respectful of the Duggar’s ‘humanity’.  The forum was told they were on a yellow light basis until posts were deemed respectful enough. 

A lot of titles across multiple forums were changed. I believe it was part of the reorganization that included the desire to make the site more respectful and positive? I miss the "full time asshat" though.

• Like 12
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
47 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

A lot of titles across multiple forums were changed. I believe it was part of the reorganization that included the desire to make the site more respectful and positive? I miss the "full time asshat" though.

I don't understand, though. I can call him an asshat in the thread but somehow it's not OK in the title? I'm seeing this on other show threads too.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

I "only" counted 5 bedrooms btw. And Robyn was adamant about having a separate bedroom for each kid right? What used to be Dayton's room then?

Maybe Ariana Didn’t need a room for a long time because she was sleeping with Robyn and Kody for a long time.  So by the time she needed a room Dayan moved out and maybe the girls moved up to different rooms and that’s when Ariana finally got an official room

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
4 hours ago, LilyD said:
  • I "only" counted 5 bedrooms btw. And Robyn was adamant about having a separate bedroom for each kid right? What used to be Dayton's room then?

I was wondering the same thing, given how Robyn was going on and on about needing a 7-bedroom house, so I assumed that is why they bought this one since all the rennels they found only had 4-5 bedrooms. Since Arieola was sleeping in Robyn's bed/room much of the time with her pacifier & diapers until she was ~5, SolnAri may have been sharing what is now Ari's room to start. Day'un could have been in what is now Sol's room until he moved out to the trailer for some peace & quiet and ability to study for college during Covid and grew to like having his own space. 

• Like 5

So, Kody’s thread is now just “part-time father. It isn’t fitting at all. He’s an absent dad to most and fulltime dad to a few. 
May I suggest starting a poll to find a new, more suitable name?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

No wonder Kody liked having Janelle as a back-up woman.  How could he and his wife ever be intimate with toddlers/grade school age kids in Robyn's bed?  It probably didn't help his overall pissy mood, when he had no outlet for sex!

Yeah, "part-time father" doesn't fit him, at all.  Sperm donor is more like it, excepting Robyn's spawn, of course.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, precious pupp said:

No wonder Kody liked having Janelle as a back-up woman.  How could he and his wife ever be intimate with toddlers/grade school age kids in Robyn's bed?  It probably didn't help his overall pissy mood, when he had no outlet for sex!

Yeah, "part-time father" doesn't fit him, at all.  Sperm donor is more like it, excepting Robyn's spawn, of course.

I always had a "conspiracy theory" that since Janelle, Christine and Meri all shrugged their shoulders saying that Kody was rarely at their houses and Robyn followed suit that he isn't always at her house and she has no idea where he was ...that Kody actually went to a hotel for peace, quiet, a extra long hot shower and a good nights sleep.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I always had a "conspiracy theory" that since Janelle, Christine and Meri all shrugged their shoulders saying that Kody was rarely at their houses and Robyn followed suit that he isn't always at her house and she has no idea where he was ...that Kody actually went to a hotel for peace, quiet, a extra long hot shower and a good nights sleep.

I could see that, too!  

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Kody Brown: Daddy Dearest

Kody Brown: Patriarchy at its Worst

Kody: The Brown with the Permanent Frown

Kody Brown: Sperm Donor to Many, Father to None

Kody Brown: Love Should Be Multiplied, Then Ignored

• Like 5
  • Applause 10
  • LOL 2
20 hours ago, LilyD said:

So, Kody’s thread is now just “part-time father. It isn’t fitting at all. He’s an absent dad to most and fulltime dad to a few. 
May I suggest starting a poll to find a new, more suitable name?

Yes, the most fitting part of the original thread name was the part that was removed.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3

Kody Brown:  He Sucks

Kody Brown:  Even Robyn Doesn't Want Him Anymore

Kody Brown:  Doofus Jerkface Surfer Dude Wanna-Be Moron With Stupid Hair

Just riffing on what comes to mind.

• LOL 12

So I have been watching things about the new season, their house for sale etc.  Here is what I have heard:

The deck of the house is in major need of repair, the person who looked at the house said she was warned it wasn't safe and had major deferred maintenance

There had been leaking from a shower and caused water damage on floors below (they claimed they were going to fix it)

Robyn's closet is something.  Lots of new clothes with tags, LV purse, tons of stuff.  Kody's clothes are in a small space in the closet.

Sol's closet had no clothes but $1000's of dollars in Legos

(H)Ari-Cary had scribbled bible verses on her mirror and all the daughters had many American Girl dolls.

She had to wait to go into the house for them to leave.  Aurora in an SUV, Brianna in a smaller SUV, Robyn/Kody/Tenderized Chickens in another vehicle.

She was told that if she wanted to buy Dayton's RV, it was negotiable.  But she couldn't look into it because he might be there.  It wasn't in great shape.

The wood floors of the house are really effed up.  Something was said it was the reason why filming in the house was no longer allowed.

The utilities are something like this:  5000 gallon cistern that needs to be filled 1-2 times per month at $600/fill. Electricity up to $1400/mo, gas I cannot remember.  It was said when the power went out during Thanksgiving, they were able to cook their dinner using the generator.

The person looking at it thinks it is overpriced by about 20%, the realtor thinks it is overpriced in the teens.

They are moving to a new and larger house which is closer to town.  Their escrow closes on Oct 12.

They are asking 1.6K, I hope they get just over 900K. With that much work needed to be done, it isn't worth double what they paid.  If she wanted the extra acres, it would be about $241K and it is in the front of the house.

Yes, I was remote yesterday, why do you ask 🤣!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 10
  • LOL 2
29 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

So I have been watching things about the new season, their house for sale etc.  Here is what I have heard:

The deck of the house is in major need of repair, the person who looked at the house said she was warned it wasn't safe and had major deferred maintenance

There had been leaking from a shower and caused water damage on floors below (they claimed they were going to fix it)

Robyn's closet is something.  Lots of new clothes with tags, LV purse, tons of stuff.  Kody's clothes are in a small space in the closet.

Sol's closet had no clothes but $1000's of dollars in Legos

(H)Ari-Cary had scribbled bible verses on her mirror and all the daughters had many American Girl dolls.

She had to wait to go into the house for them to leave.  Aurora in an SUV, Brianna in a smaller SUV, Robyn/Kody/Tenderized Chickens in another vehicle.

She was told that if she wanted to buy Dayton's RV, it was negotiable.  But she couldn't look into it because he might be there.  It wasn't in great shape.

The wood floors of the house are really effed up.  Something was said it was the reason why filming in the house was no longer allowed.

The utilities are something like this:  5000 gallon cistern that needs to be filled 1-2 times per month at $600/fill. Electricity up to $1400/mo, gas I cannot remember.  It was said when the power went out during Thanksgiving, they were able to cook their dinner using the generator.

The person looking at it thinks it is overpriced by about 20%, the realtor thinks it is overpriced in the teens.

They are moving to a new and larger house which is closer to town.  Their escrow closes on Oct 12.

They are asking 1.6K, I hope they get just over 900K. With that much work needed to be done, it isn't worth double what they paid.  If she wanted the extra acres, it would be about $241K and it is in the front of the house.

Yes, I was remote yesterday, why do you ask 🤣!

Forgot to add.  She looked in the fridge (weird) and it as well as the wine fridge were filled with takeout containers from multiple restaurants including Salsa Brava.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Decks and floors are major costs.

The frontage is a separate sale? How is that a thing?

I’ve always wondered what is considered the front of the house.

• Like 8