Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E12: Front Page News

• Start Topic

Marlo invites the ladies to a hayride, but the fun is interrupted by news; Drew and Kenya meet up to clear the air, quickly learning that their potential friendship is out of tune; Cynthia is met with minor setbacks as her wedding approaches.

Airdate 03.07.2021

Real time events are spoilers, please limit discussion to the episode only.

Enough of Kenya in therapy!  We know her mom didn’t want her and that she chooses jerks.  Kenya will never be a happy person so save the tv therapy. 
Kenya can leave and take Latoya with her please.

Kandi set up a raunchy sex party, why is she acting like nothing would get out? 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Axie said:

Flashback to Mama Joyce telling Kandi she needed a prenup in case Kandi choked on a chicken bone and Todd threw her out of the house.  Always such a pleasant, self sacrificing woman that Mama Joyce.

I bet that would would be the first thing Todd did and I wouldn’t blame him!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Thigh high boots, leather suits, shortie shorts and bustiers at a pumpkin patch? 

Kenya is the last person I would want to mend bridges with, she needs fixing, maybe meds.  The therapist had sage sticks and practical advice but that is not what Kenya needs, at this point her mother issue is an excuse for her bad behavior, she is like an addict that maybe sober but not thinking sober. Kenya has got to find peace and a therapist that is not willing to treat her on camera.

So someone leaked the story about the party, shocking said no one. It was filmed in a way that everyone would have seen enough to gather their own thoughts so, big deal it got out early.  

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Cynthia's mom lives in Atlanta right?  Why were she and her sister going shopping for a replacement dress for her mom but not bringing her mom with them?

It was odd.

Why does Cynthia half ass plan weddings, you would have thought she would have hired a top notch wedding planner so she would not have issues that she had to deal with in a panic, the first wedding had a lot of hiccups and it seems she had learned nothing from that marriage.

• Love 11
(edited)
19 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Also, bit hypocritical of Kandi when she told her henchman Don Juan everything afterwards. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Enough of Kenya in therapy!  We know her mom didn’t want her and that she chooses jerks.  Kenya will never be a happy person so save the tv therapy. 
Kenya can leave and take Latoya with her please.

I guess Kandi is surprised that anyone would actually give a dam, everyone know Kandi is Raunchy !!! Lol !!

5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It was odd.

Why does Cynthia half ass plan weddings, you would have thought she would have hired a top notch wedding planner so she would not have issues that she had to deal with in a panic, the first wedding had a lot of hiccups and it seems she had learned nothing from that marriage.

I believe Cynthia's mon lives in Birmingham ? 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Thigh high boots, leather suits, shortie shorts and bustiers at a pumpkin patch? 

Kenya is the last person I would want to mend bridges with, she needs fixing, maybe meds.  The therapist had sage sticks and practical advice but that is not what Kenya needs, at this point her mother issue is an excuse for her bad behavior, she is like an addict that maybe sober but not thinking sober. Kenya has got to find peace and a therapist that is not willing to treat her on camera.

So someone leaked the story about the party, shocking said no one. It was filmed in a way that everyone would have seen enough to gather their own thoughts so, big deal it got out early.  

Marlo always does too much, everyone was dressed like it was summer time ? what's up with the puncho and leather boots Marlo ? 

On 3/5/2021 at 9:44 AM, TexasGal said:

Airdate 03.07.2021

Real time events are spoilers, please limit discussion to the episode only.

Episode boring as hell..

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Cynthia's mom lives in Atlanta right?  Why were she and her sister going shopping for a replacement dress for her mom but not bringing her mom with them?

Cynthia’s mom looked like she was actually taking Covid precautions. If I’m remembering correctly, she wore a mask when they went to visit her. She may not want to visit public stores.

I am glad, for the sake of Brooklyn, that Kenya is getting therapy. I hope she keeps it up.

• Love 4

The show must have been pretty pathetic for this to be only the 14th post after almost 24 hours since the episode aired.  And, the 14th post is about how pathetic the episode was.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I just watched.  Why did I bother?  What a waste of 60 minutes.  But I did think it was interesting that the editors chose to show Aunt Lori.  Which leads me to think that Kenya ruined that relationship too.  Aunt Lori and her cousin Shay were staples in Kenya's storyline for the first few years but now that she's a mom and she "needs a village," they're nowhere to be found?   Interesting.

And did Kenya really end her "sobbing therapy session" with, "Did I tell you I was in Waiting to Exhale?"   I just can't...

• Love 17
57 minutes ago, byrd said:

Marlo always does too much, everyone was dressed like it was summer time ? what's up with the puncho and leather boots Marlo ? 

I think the whole party was designed around Marlo's new poncho and boots.   Remember it said, "Dress like fall" whatever that meant but for Marlo it was an idea to get some screen time in her new outfit, lol.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kenya is the last person I would want to mend bridges with, she needs fixing, maybe meds

That dinner with Drew was beyond irritating.   I felt bad for Drew who actually thought she was having dinner with a rational adult.   Kenya loves to remind Andy that when she's on this show, she's at work.   According to her, this is her job and these women are her co-workers but seriously who treats their co-workers as poorly as Kenya treats these women and gets to keep their job?  

When Kenya was describing her non-marriage marriage to her Dad he diplomatically responded with, "That sounds unpleasant."  and I snorted wine hearing the understatement of the year.    In fact, everything Kenya does is unpleasant.  And yeah,  I'm sure she's driven Aunt Lori away as well.  

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Kenya is getting any kind of therapy - this was an opportunity for her to once again remind us that her mother rejected her (to the point that I almost don't blame her mom haha).   The therapist was there for the camera.   Kenya is 50.   She should have dealt with this a long time ago but since she didn't she needs to get some serious therapy before she effs up her kid; not some TV therapy at her "job".   

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Kenya loves to remind Andy that when she's on this show, she's at work.   According to her, this is her job and these women are her co-workers but seriously who treats their co-workers as poorly as Kenya treats these women and gets to keep their job?  

I wish that the ladies were just a tad bit quicker on the response when dealing with Kenya, because the real answer to this question is "If its a job, who brings their baby to work?"

She can't have it both ways. On one hand they are all friends, her "village" and they need to understand what she's going through and agree to allow her grace and space that she never grants anyone else.  

However, she doesn't have to accept or understand that when every single one of your co-workers agree to clock out for the night, and then choose to hang out in a group afterwards, its not appropriate to come back into work the next day and start yelling about who was drunk dancing, and who went home with the guy they picked up at the bar. 

Her logic that Shamea, Portia, Drew, Kandi, and LaToya (all of whom have kids under 2 years old) shouldn't have the same opportunity to bring their kids if they wanted to just shows how incredibly tone deaf she is. And she's totally missed the fact that if there were a couple more babies present, perhaps the turn up would have been far less...

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

She [Kenya] can't have it both ways. On one hand they are all friends, her "village" and they need to understand what she's going through and agree to allow her grace and space that she never grants anyone else.  

Exactly.   Kenya whining to Kandi that she "doesn't have a village" was ridiculous because unlike Kandi, Kenya doesn't understand that a village doesn't just spring up to be of service to you.  A person has to want to be part of a village and build one.   Kandi would be a good example for Kenya.   She's generous, patient, always shows up, does what she can for others and mostly lets everything trivial roll off her back.  And probably most importantly, is genuine.  

On 3/8/2021 at 2:31 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

And did Kenya really end her "sobbing therapy session" with, "Did I tell you I was in Waiting to Exhale?"   I just can't...

Ha!   Kenya still considers herself an actor but she should try acting like a decent person.  

• Love 17
15 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Exactly.   Kenya whining to Kandi that she "doesn't have a village" was ridiculous because unlike Kandi, Kenya doesn't understand that a village doesn't just spring up to be of service to you.  A person has to want to be part of a village and build one.   Kandi would be a good example for Kenya.   She's generous, patient, always shows up, does what she can for others and mostly lets everything trivial roll off her back.  And probably most importantly, is genuine.  

Kandi's village been rolling with her FOREVER. Say what you want about Don Juan, that's dudes been part of her team since Xscape times. Same thing with the girl that Mama Joyce accused of sleeping with Todd. She and Kandi have been friends since high school. Kenya's village used to be her aunt and cousin. Notice that they no longer film with her. Every other peach holder has a close family member, spouse, FOH etc that they can film with. Kenya has had only the one friend that got his ass beat at that pajama party - who like her family has been MIA for several seasons now. 

Its her.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Kandi's village been rolling with her FOREVER. Say what you want about Don Juan, that's dudes been part of her team since Xscape times. Same thing with the girl that Mama Joyce accused of sleeping with Todd. She and Kandi have been friends since high school. Kenya's village used to be her aunt and cousin. Notice that they no longer film with her. Every other peach holder has a close family member, spouse, FOH etc that they can film with. Kenya has had only the one friend that got his ass beat at that pajama party - who like her family has been MIA for several seasons now. 

Its her.

I agree with this. But to be fair to what's his name, they have shown her speaking to him on the phone a few times this season (or maybe that was last season....all time is running together in my brain and hurts trying to piece together the sequence of when things happened). Oh, his name is Brandon! Anyway, I have always liked their friendship and I hope they still have a good relationship (cause god knows Kenya needs at least one good friend who gets her...).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I agree with this. But to be fair to what's his name, they have shown her speaking to him on the phone a few times this season (or maybe that was last season....all time is running together in my brain and hurts trying to piece together the sequence of when things happened). Oh, his name is Brandon! Anyway, I have always liked their friendship and I hope they still have a good relationship (cause god knows Kenya needs at least one good friend who gets her...).

You are right, he did have one driving while chatting episode, LOL. I just find it hard to believe that she doesn't have a single ride or die that would come spend a few weeks in ATL with her during filming to eat and drink on camera and advance her storyline. More troubling she doesn't seem to have a single person that she trusts who can spend time with her child for even a second while she handles her business. If RHOA is her "job" the fact that you don't have reliable childcare that allows you to go to work every day is astounding. Brooklyn is two, going on three and seemingly spends all of her time with her mom. That really isn't good for either one of them. I hope this is exaggerated for the show, but based upon the Bravo reporting on This Is What Brooklyn Daly Does When Mom Kenya Moore Is Filming RHOA I don't think it is. 

• Love 6

Brooklyn is a Marc Daly clone!

2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I just find it hard to believe that she doesn't have a single ride or die that would come spend a few weeks in ATL with her during filming to eat and drink on camera and advance her storyline. More troubling she doesn't seem to have a single person that she trusts who can spend time with her child for even a second while she handles her business.

I'm not surprised that Kenya doesn't have many close friends. Someone with her background doesn't trust easily and her attitude only discourages folks from trying. 

• Love 6

Someone with her background doesn't trust easily and her attitude only discourages folks from trying. 

In some cases more than discourage, sometimes it sends them running away in the other direction.

• Love 5
On 3/10/2021 at 10:14 AM, Rlb8031 said:

Its her.

Kandi takes care of her friends and family. She is loyal to a fault sometimes accepting toxic behavior that really should not happen.

I think at first Kenya has been playing a character on this show which now has become her true personality. I imagine that she has alienated a lot of people and her relationship with Marc was just bizarre and desperate.

• Love 3