Type keyword(s) to search

Below Deck: Galley Talk

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

Galley Talk gives audiences a peek into the homes and friendships of some of their favorite Below Deck yachties gathered to watch the latest episode of Below Deck.

For discussion of the words of wisdom shared by Kate, Colin, Josiah, and the gang. 

• Love 1

I am actually loving this show....it's like the People's Couch (or whatever it was called), except with yachties who all have experienced being on a ship with Captain Lee.  Oh - except for Colin - he was BDM.  

I think some of their comments are hysterical, and I loved seeing all of these alumni (well, except for Bobby - you can keep him!).  

I LOVED seeing all their reactions to Dolores, her jumping off the boat and Captain Lee flipping out.  They all, including Kate, looked shocked!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I am actually loving this show....it's like the People's Couch (or whatever it was called), except with yachties who all have experienced being on a ship with Captain Lee.  Oh - except for Colin - he was BDM.  

I think some of their comments are hysterical, and I loved seeing all of these alumni (well, except for Bobby - you can keep him!).  

I LOVED seeing all their reactions to Dolores, her jumping off the boat and Captain Lee flipping out.  They all, including Kate, looked shocked!  

Julia & Bobby were both from Med as well.  

I also like the show. I actually wish they'd talk more about their current lives than the episodes at times.

Edited by snarts
  • Love 2

I’ve only caught one of these so far, and absolutely loved it. I’m going to catch up on the others. I like it better than the actual show, though I realize at least half the fun is anticipating reactions. 

Josiah’s worshipful yet respectful adoration of Captain Lee is the best.

• Love 9

Kate:  Ok, Rob is hot.

Connie:  I told you!  There’s something about him!

Kate: Yeah, his face.

I nearly choked on my coffee laughing at that one!!

Also, I love Kelley’s big old brindle dog.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I am loving the Colin and Bobby bromance so much more than I thought I would! I hated Bobby on his seasons and he is kind of redeeming himself. They figured out how to make this work so much better than the Toms and the southern charm guys. I couldn’t stand listening to them comment about the show. 

I need them to go back to old seasons and do the galley talk about those episodes!

• Love 9

I noticed these Galley Talk episodes piling up on my DVR so I decided to watch the first one. I enjoyed it so much that I binged the rest! I love seeing all the old crew members and their reactions. Kate has surprised me a bit. Her opinions on some things are not what I would have guessed at all. I think it may be that she has chilled out considerably from when she was the chief stew dealing with all the daily annoyances.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Jsage said:

Kate has surprised me a bit. Her opinions on some things are not what I would have guessed at all. I think it may be that she has chilled out considerably from when she was the chief stew dealing with all the daily annoyances.

Maybe it's like you've speculated, distance/perspective have mellowed her out. On the other hand, she's always been a little competitive with other chief stews, most notably Hannah.  She never sides with them, which is even more interesting when Josiah, Julia & Amy, who've all been stews, often have the opposite opinion. 

Edited by snarts
it's been a long day
  • Love 8
On 1/25/2021 at 1:15 PM, DallasDiva243 said:

I am loving the Colin and Bobby bromance so much more than I thought I would! I hated Bobby on his seasons and he is kind of redeeming himself.

90 Day Fiance actually started this a while ago with 90 Day Fiance: Pillow Talk, where cast members from different seasons watch the current season on couches and beds from home, and one thing I've noticed is that most of the Pillow Talk cast members that were very disliked during their seasons have quickly become favorites on PT. I think the normal shows are so producer-driven and geared toward drama and making the cast look bad that it's kind of eye-opening when we see the real them, and they are actually funny and relatable.

• Love 4

Anybody else think that Anastasia was coming on a little strong with Alex? And he wasn't having it. I wonder if they knew each other before this. I'm kind of hot and cold with Bugsy, but I thought she and Alex made a cute couple.

On 2/12/2021 at 8:06 PM, Teri313 said:

Anybody else think that Anastasia was coming on a little strong with Alex? And he wasn't having it. I wonder if they knew each other before this. I'm kind of hot and cold with Bugsy, but I thought she and Alex made a cute couple.

They are supposdily like brother and sister. 

I am liking the galley talk too. 

• Love 2
On 2/13/2021 at 10:40 AM, MartyQui said:

I’m loving this show...it’s almost better than the show itself.  I hope they continue it for Below Deck Sailing.

I hope they continue it too! I would love for them to add Paget and Ciara as commentators for Below Deck Sailing. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Lamima said:

Why wouldn't Kate keep Eddie? When asked if she were chief stew who would she want to keep from this crew. And not Ashling either? 

Kate was acting a little odd this whole episode. She was very reserved and talked less than she usually does. To me, it seemed like she was forcing herself to hold back on what she really wanted to say.

I also found that Galley Talk has lowered my opinion of Connie. She was so catty about Eddie promoting Izzy. Not a good look.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Jsage said:

Kate was acting a little odd this whole episode. She was very reserved and talked less than she usually does. To me, it seemed like she was forcing herself to hold back on what she really wanted to say.

I have a theory that Kate's returning as Chief Stew on Below Deck. She doesn't like ceding the spotlight to anyone, she left (or was fired from) Bravo's Chat Room.  She left NY to quarantine in FL and hasn't gone back.  She even briefly mentioned returning to yachting during the latest Galley Talk.  In any case, if history serves, they should start filming here shortly so we'll see.

While I really enjoy Galley Talk, I wish they were filmed in real time.  It was obvious from their clothing that they only filmed a couple times commenting on multiple episodes in each session.  I'd love to know Kate's thoughts on Elizabeth now that she's slamming Captain Lee in her interviews.  Same with the reunions, they film them way too early.

Edited by snarts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, snarts said:

I have a theory that Kate's returning as Chief Stew on Below Deck. She doesn't like ceding the spotlight to anyone, she left (or was fired from) Bravo's Chat Room.  She left NY to quarantine in FL and hasn't gone back.  She even briefly mentioned returning to yachting during the latest Galley Talk.  In any case, if history serves, they should start filming here shortly so we'll see.

While I really enjoy Galley Talk, I wish they were filmed in real time.  It was obvious from their clothing that they only filmed a couple times commenting on multiple episodes in each session.  I'd love to know Kate's thoughts on Elizabeth now that she's slamming Captain Lee in her interviews.  Same with the reunions, they film them way too early.

If she did come back, I'd like to see her on BDM instead, a little out of her comfort zone with a different captain. It would be interesting to see how she and Sandy would work together.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 2/20/2021 at 8:45 PM, Lamima said:

Why wouldn't Kate keep Eddie? When asked if she were chief stew who would she want to keep from this crew. And not Ashling either? 

Maybe because of Eddie’s behavior with Rocky? He behaved so badly and deceptively, and also very unprofessionally. He was higher ranking than Rocky and basically, he used her. He gaslit her, then straight up lied about her to everyone (right in front of her) at the end-of-season beach party.

Kate was probably shocked, disappointed, and then disgusted and angered by his behavior. I sure was. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Maybe because of Eddie’s behavior with Rocky? He behaved so badly and deceptively, and also very unprofessionally. He was higher ranking than Rocky and basically, he used her. He gaslit her, then straight up lied about her to everyone (right in front of her) at the end-of-season beach party.

Kate was probably shocked, disappointed, and then disgusted and angered by his behavior. I sure was. 

She said she was still unhappy that Eddie didn’t immediately welcome back Rachel after Rachel walked off the boat.

While Eddie’s behavior with and to Rocky was despicable, it was many years ago and I don’t think Kate cares too much about ancient history. I’m over it myself.

Plus Rocky drove Kate crazy with her inability to work hard, her alliance with Chef Beef Cheeks, and let’s not forget she jumped ship herself, in the middle of a charter!!

Kate isn’t going to waste one moment getting angry on Rocky’s behalf. In fact the reveal and Rocky’s behavior on the beach ruined the end-of-season party for everyone. That’s where Eddie’s behavior affected Kate and the rest of the crew.

• Love 3

Yeah, I don't think it is about the Rocky stuff. Cause, really, who cares. He had a boatmance like everyone else. But was sneaky and deceptive about it because he had a girlfriend at home. I think a long term girlfriend. So that whole thing was not a huge deal.

I suspect it does have to do with Rachel. Rachel has worked with Kate before and Kate seems to just love her. Don't get that, cause Ray Ray be cray cray. But she does. ANd when Eddie went on WWHL with Andy at the beginning of the season (with Francesca) he was very clear he hated Rachel. Every negative question about the season that Andy asked him, Eddie answered Rachel. 

BUt, man, to have Eddie and Kate on the next season would be awesome. I like them both. Rachel was, clearly, a great chef. But I just can't stomach her so much. I do bet Kate is back. Francesca was too big of a dud. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/25/2021 at 1:32 PM, Dirtybubble said:

So does anyone know when Galley Talk will air with Below Deck?  With BDM it was Friday evenings (weird) but I was kinda hoping it would air shortly after the original BD episode aired.  

A new one popped up on my DVR last night.  But it wasn't about this season's Below Deck; it was about an old "best of" episode from Season 2 (the one where Kate folded an, ahem, suggestive blanket on a primary's bed after he said she looked bitchy).  It was fun watching Kate and Ben watch themselves from 7 years ago.  Also, I had forgotten that that happened on Kate's first season (actually, her 3rd charter); I thought the reason Captain Lee forgave her was because of their long history but they didn't have any at the time.  It sounded like they are going to continue with "best of" episodes.

• Love 2

It was really funny to watch Ben and Kate watch the Rocky episode, since they lived it.  Well, Ben lived with the aftermath but you know.  Cracked me up how Ben would contradict what tv show version of Kate was saying to right now Kate - you weren't nervous!  You're never nervous!

• LOL 3

It cracks me up that everyone was acting like they desperately needed Rocky to fill in for Leon cooking dinner, then she was serving up things like random vegetable stalks with Oreos crumbled over them and raw oysters swimming in grenadine syrup. It also looked  she was on her way to ruining the entree before Eddie stepped in. I'd suspect her of intentionally sabotaging the meal except there's no way she would have been able to keep quiet about it with cameras on her, so apparently she really believed she was doing an amazing job with that freakshow of a meal!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Since they're doing past seasons, it would be hilarious if they did the episode with the two guys from People's Couch and then had them join in.  I don't remember what season it was but it was definitely Lee as captain.  The primary was a psychic who couldn't get anything right about Lee.  And I think Kate and Ben had a screaming match that the guests could hear.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Since they're doing past seasons, it would be hilarious if they did the episode with the two guys from People's Couch and then had them join in.  I don't remember what season it was but it was definitely Lee as captain.  The primary was a psychic who couldn't get anything right about Lee.  And I think Kate and Ben had a screaming match that the guests could hear.

I think that was season 4, and that season will be airing mid Dec, according to my directv!

• Useful 2