Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E02: Week 2

JenE4
  • Start Topic

I  actually really liked Bree.  I thought she seemed really well spoken and well put together, esp for someone who was born to a 13 year old mother.    I also liked that they don’t have “perfect” families like most people on this show try to portray.  

I think MJ is really beautiful, esp when she had her hair up after the paint war.  

OMG....he so did not want to kiss Victoria and he actually ended their time before someone else even interrupted them. 

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Katie111 said:

OMG....he so did not want to kiss Victoria and he actually ended their time before someone else even interrupted them. 

She looked like she was trying to suck his face off like a grouper. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Matt has a great personality. He’s highly watchable for more than his looks.

Unfortunately, this season suffers from train wreck casting. Every time Matt isn’t on screen, the show is unwatchable.

Most of this crop doesn’t get to be called “women.” They lack maturity. They are twits.

Victoria is such an obvious, uninspired plant, I can’t be bothered to dislike her.

The quality women there are boring to watch or simply didn’t get enough screen time. I have already given up on the season.

The uptalk. The vocal fry. The insipid swooning. The rank desperation. Worst group ever. Matt deserves better.

Last season of Bachelorette spoiled me, and my boyfriend, who’d never watched any Bach show before Claire/Tayshia but enjoyed the camp  enough to watch with me every week. I thought he’d enjoy this more for the eye candy. He was done two minutes into this ep. 

Thanks to Claire, Tayshia, Zac, etc. I enjoyed a season of 30-something ADULTS who possessed something above an elementary school vocabulary and could carry an intelligent conversation on camera.

Matt is an awesome step forward and a great lead. This cast is 3 steps backwards. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
Just now, EllenB said:

Matt, someone not wanting to dump all their deep dark secrets on you on the first date does NOT mean they aren't "authentic."  

P.S. I hate that word.

I think there is something up with Sarah, though. She kept looking away from Matt when answering what her dad thought of her coming on this show—and she didn’t really answer beyond saying they’re close. I hope her dad isn’t racist or something. Oh, wait—there IS something about Dad she’s about to reveal...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

Anyone keeping track of Matt's  "I love that"? There have been at least four so far tonight.

So I guess everyone has to "open up and be vunnerable" on this show or they get sent home. Can't two people just enjoy each other's company without having to tell about their drug pusher cousin getting his head blown off with a shotgun, and a tree falling and amputating mom's right leg? I'd think that stuff could wait. At least in my world.

And why are families such a thing on this show too?  Why does everyone have to act like they spend all of their time with the family?  Some people spend time with friends, college, working, etc.  I don’t remember talking about my parents and family a lot back then.

• Love 17

I get that in this dating pressure cooker you have to move through your relationship quickly, but I am really getting sick of this whole "show me your vulnerabilities" type dates and the Bachelor/ette getting rid of anyone who doesn't throw all their deepest darkest secrets and most tragic family stories out as soon as they get any time together to show "authenticity". Just wait a little bit before you guilt people into sharing their baggage with the whole country. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, alexa said:

And why are families such a thing on this show too?  Why does everyone have to act like they spend all of their time with the family?

I was just thinking I could never be on this show because I don't have any family. But then, maybe that could be my hook and make me vunnerable.

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Yeah, I totally caught and appreciated that. Well done, CH. Nice shout out for us old timers.

Last we saw Casey, he was guarding Vienna's heart and we know how well that worked out.  I wonder what became of him.

I think Matt asking Sara what he has to do to win her over is huge.  

• Love 9

Sarah seems sweet and as much as I have grown to roll my eyes at the sob stories, that one really was quite sad. I think Matt has more chemistry with Bri so far though. She is the one from North Carolina right? They seemed to really clique. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Last we saw Casey, he was guarding Vienna's heart and we know how well that worked out.  I wonder what became of him.

I think Matt asking Sara what he has to do to win her over is huge.  

I THINK that Casey was on one of the Greatest Bachelor recap shows this summer. I believe he’s married. Can anyone else confirm? They interviewed a lot of past contestants, so I might be mistaken.

Matt: "I like that" times three, plus a "I like that a lot." Woo hoo, the count is going up!

ETA: He just said he likes "the way these women articulate themselves." Hokey smokes!

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

So either they are cutting a lot of drama or Victoria is just fully delusional and is imagining arguments and bullying that has never happened. Or she is making things up and is doing a poor job at manipulating Matt. 

Not how she isn't giving any examples of this "toxic" behavior...

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

100% Matt did NOT remember an orchid was Marilyn’s favorite flower and got it for her; total producer set-up.

Exactly. Just when I was maybe starting to like him, you made me remember that this whole thing is scripted, and so was the orchid gift. *sigh* Thanks for bringing me back to reality, I guess.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

So either they are cutting a lot of drama or Victoria is just fully delusional and is imagining arguments and bullying that has never happened. Or she is making things up and is doing a poor job at manipulating Matt. 

Not how she isn't giving any examples of this "toxic" behavior...

Well, I didn’t recall who Victoria was fighting with because I don’t know any of their names yet—aside from Victoria. But she was fighting with her roommate at the beginning of the episode, and they showed her wheel her suitcase out to the lobby or something and set up a blanket to sleep on a couch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

"Look, I don't know how to say this, but Victoria is full on bunny boiling crazy pants and we all hate her and her crazy eyed ass and she spends literally every second of the time talking about how much she hates us and putting on stupid crowns and we think she is taking periodical crack breaks." 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

But she was fighting with her roommate at the beginning of the episode, and they showed her wheel her suitcase out to the lobby or something and set up a blanket to sleep on a couch.

I remember Victoria going on non stop about how she's not there to make friends and doesn't want to be in a sorority, and the roommate (Marilyn?) saying she just wants to get along. It was Victoria who wheeled her suitcase away and flopped down on the couch.

Matt needs to confront them both. And in front of all the other women. I don't want to listen to a rational person trying to talk to Puffy Sleeves who won't shut up and let anyone else talk.

This is why I hate this franchise.

Yet here I am.

Gah, Victoria's black bra is totally hanging out of the back of her backless dress.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Well, I didn’t recall who Victoria was fighting with because I don’t know any of their names yet—aside from Victoria. But she was fighting with her roommate at the beginning of the episode, and they showed her wheel her suitcase out to the lobby or something and set up a blanket to sleep on a couch.

I remember Victoria going on and on about how she doesn't want to be around the other girls and thinks they're all so fake and her leaving her room in a huff, I don't remember Marilyn ever saying anything to her at all, let alone bullying her. Either they edited a LOT out or Victoria is making all of this up.  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Gah, Victoria's black bra is totally hanging out of the back of her backless dress.

Victoria should invest in some nude color bras. You could see part of her black bra  hanging out of the wedding gown too.  

• Love 10

All of these leads want their dates to share everything about themselves but they never react correctly.  Instead of asking more details about her father he starts talking about himself and his faith.  

And I agree, why can they ONLY talk about family?  Can they ever talk about their jobs, their friends, hobbies, what they do ON weekends, college, roommates, where they live, where they went to college, etc?   Those things have a lot more to do with compatibility than whether or not you both get along with your dad or your brother is a drug addict.  I feel like we knew Hannah B went to Alabama and Bennett went to Harvard but beyond that they never mention college which is such a transformative time in a 20 something’s life. 

• Love 14

Marilyn is bullying you and she’s crazy?!? WHAT?! The girl barely can muster up her speech beyond a whisper and she immediately apologized while you were insulting her. Wow! And as all Wrong Reasons accusations, Victoria will stay and Marilyn might get sent home. Next week more people will need to Wrong Reasons Victoria. The sad thing is that she started the Wrong Reasoning, so now Matt thinks she’s the victim.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Koalagirl said:

Victoria should invest in some nude color bras. You could see part of her black bra  hanging out of the wedding gown too.  

Well, I guess we should be grateful she's even wearing a bra. *coughTayishacough*

• LOL 13

Victoria is one of those people who are ALWAYS the victim.   She may have gotten away with it the past, and she may have pulled the wool over Matt’s eyes, but she sells stuff IRL, and this is going to hurt her brand.  

• Love 4