Type keyword(s) to search

Amy, Tammy, and the Family Slaton+

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

I bet they could, would, if she was using the phone to have heroin delivered to her? It is in the constitution that everyone has a right to have access to a phone 24/7? Who knew?

But there is a difference between an illegal drug and food. While I think that the food she eats harms her as much as heroin it is still legal.

• Love 3

Some mental health and drug treatment facilities don't allow phones. It can be a condition of admission. A health care facility can place limits if the limit is part of treatment and ordered by a doctor. A doctor probably wouldn't order "no phone" but could specify "no outside food." The patient could always refuse treatment, however, and sign out against medical advice.

Tammy is a bully. I'd love to see a doctor and her family stand up to her, with the doc ordering no outside food and the family refusing to transport/help her if she signs herself out. I doubt it would happen, though. Red faced Tammy, shrieking obscenities and short of breath, would likely get the medical folks to back off for fear of liability.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Tammy is a bully. I'd love to see a doctor and her family stand up to her, with the doc ordering no outside food and the family refusing to transport/help her if she signs herself out. I doubt it would happen, though. Red faced Tammy, shrieking obscenities and short of breath, would likely get the medical folks to back off for fear of liability.

Now THAT would be "ratings gold"! But the family of enablers will continue to drop everything and run to help Tammy. I doubt that Amy and Chris moving is going to change anything. 

When Tammy dies the entire family can take partial responsibility for her death. 

When is the other Halterman sister (Amanda) supposed to join this mess? She might be the biatch that saves Big T's life.

• Love 2

I'm watching those "behind the scene" shows, or whatever they're calling them.
Nothing exciting, so I'm letting them just be background noise as I do Facebook and twitter.
The high tea was even worse in rerun.  It was just so wrong of the show to do that to them.

• Love 6
On 12/30/2021 at 9:03 PM, lulu69 said:

Did I miss anything?

Although I don't think she's said as much, she probably blames Gage for being born and taking Tammy's attention away from her. 

If you want to see a prime example of a patient being awful to the staff at a rehab facility, just watch the Steven Assante episodes on "My 600 Lb. Life." I could see Tammy pulling the same shit. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, magemaud said:

Although I don't think she's said as much, she probably blames Gage for being born and taking Tammy's attention away from her. 

If you want to see a prime example of a patient being awful to the staff at a rehab facility, just watch the Steven Assante episodes on "My 600 Lb. Life." I could see Tammy pulling the same shit. 

I could absolutely see Tammy pulling an Asanti and abusing the staff. She probably can't swing those hamhock arms but she could certainly toss a bedpan or curse out a nurse or two.

• Love 6
On 1/4/2022 at 7:27 PM, GaT said:

Have we heard anything about a brother named Steven? I ran across his name in some article, but I don't remember ever hearing about him.

Amanda said she was the “middle child” and that Misty and Chris were older and Tammy and Amy were younger. Of course she might have only been referring to her mother’s children and there’s a step brother out there named Steven. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Amanda said she was the “middle child” and that Misty and Chris were older and Tammy and Amy were younger. Of course she might have only been referring to her mother’s children and there’s a step brother out there named Steven. 

I got the impression from somewhere that he was the youngest, but I don't remember from where, & that could be completely wrong.

You're right, there IS a Steven somewhere in the mix:

"The 1000-Lb Sisters more extensive family tree has remained largely out of the spotlight. This includes Tammy Slaton and Amy Slaton’s other brother, Steven Slaton, as well as their father and additional extended family. 

Chris Combs other siblings, Amanda Halterman, Misty Wentworth, and step-siblings Wayne Rednour and Crystal Collins have remained out of the picture on the show."

this was obviously written before we got to "meet" Misty and now Amanda. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Chris Combs other siblings, Amanda Halterman, Misty Wentworth, and step-siblings Wayne Rednour and Crystal Collins have remained out of the picture on the show."

Steps? I thought they were half-siblings.

• Love 1

Is it possible for Amy and Tammy to get through a scene without saying "Bitches" constantly?    I'm hoping all of these public fights are in closed stores, or restaurants.     I can't imagine going somewhere, and having to put up with the swearing and fights.     I'm wondering if the publicity of being on TV makes up for the disruptions the show causes for the businesses? 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

At least we know what Gage's first word will be. 🙄

Yeah I can just imagine him in pre-school: 

Teacher: Gage, who is picking you up today?

Gage: My bitch.

ETA: I forgot! The bitch can't drive!😂

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

Just a thought, no denying mom Slaton is a real bitch but if what she says is true about  about working 2-3 jobs at a time to keep a roof over her kids' heads & clothes on their backs, having a lazy ass daughter like Tammy who does nothing but lay around the house all day & stuff her face must be a bitter pill to swallow. Add to that Tammy's absolute refusal to take responsibility for anything & wanting everyone do everything for her & I can see how mom Slaton might be disappointed  & disgusted by Tammy.

Yes, the rest of mom Slaton's kids are dysfunctional but they are still able to hold down jobs (exception Amy), maintain households, raise kids & are generally independent contributing members of society. None of the above can be said about Tammy.

Again, no denying Darlene (mom Slaton) is awful, but I just can't imagine what it would be like having a daughter like Tammy. 

• Love 8

I thought it was interesting that Tammy claims she can barely move, and when she was going to the liquor store with her 'friends' she was moving very quickly, didn't need help except getting in the van, and was moving around her apartment very easily.  

Both Amy and her husband have criminal records.   https://screenrant.com/1000-lb-sisters-amy-slaton-michael-halterman-arrests/  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9

Just do a search on Amy, Tammy or Michael, and it will be interesting, but not surprising.   

The sad thing about watching this show is I know Tammy is committing suicide, one booze party, and whatever else she's doing at a time.    I bet she's up to 800 by now.    Amy is right behind her.   I bet once Amy has kid #2, that any pretext of keeping to the program will be gone.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Tammy, when talking with her buddies, and not throwing a temper tantrum, is more well-spoken than Amy, and sounds more intelligent. 

Really? I think Tammy gives the impression of having cognitive disabilities. 

• Love 2
On 1/9/2022 at 4:18 PM, magemaud said:

"The 1000-Lb Sisters more extensive family tree has remained largely out of the spotlight. This includes Tammy Slaton and Amy Slaton’s other brother, Steven Slaton, as well as their father and additional extended family. 

I am confused. Amy’s husband is Michael Halterman. This gives Ananda’s last name as Halterman. Is this a mistake or is she married to Michael’s brother?

5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I am confused. Amy’s husband is Michael Halterman. This gives Ananda’s last name as Halterman. Is this a mistake or is she married to Michael’s brother?

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere she’s married to Michael’s brother. 

When they were loading the vans to go to Gatlinburg, there was a man in the third row seat waiting for everyone to get in and I thought that might have been him, but on second watch I saw he was wearing a lanyard so I concluded it was a production person. 

I'm confused.   I read that the season finale was the 24th, but they have previews for next week saying that's the season finale, on the 31st.    I'm calling bull on the doctor driving hours to make a house call on a patient that doesn't want to see him.    That may happen for filming, but it doesn't happen in real life.     Tammy made her decision to enjoy the time she has left, so let her be.    

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/19/2022 at 1:55 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I thought it was interesting that Tammy claims she can barely move, and when she was going to the liquor store with her 'friends' she was moving very quickly, didn't need help except getting in the van, and was moving around her apartment very easily.  

Both Amy and her husband have criminal records.   https://screenrant.com/1000-lb-sisters-amy-slaton-michael-halterman-arrests/  

The article stated that Amy got arrested for shoplifting at Walmart. Amy said it was a book that cost about $8.00.

If Amy is legally blind and cannot drive, is it possible she can still read? I know very little about "legal blindness" so just asking if anyone else could educate me.

I had a bff who was legally blind but could drive with extra strong prescription lenses. When she removed her contact lenses she HAD to have her extra strong eyeglasses right next her so she could see to even go to the bathroom from her bedroom. But she could function to drive and go to work.

I wonder how bad Amy's eyesight is that she is incapable of working or driving. That might qualify her for permanent disability.

Whatever the case may be, the more I watch these two idiots, the more I dislike them. I still like Chris, Amanda and Misty. But that could all change in one episode.

• Love 6

I think scenes of the vacation, the ovulation tracker the airplane and the home visit by the doctor are a result of TLC desperately trying to create a show to finish the season. Neither sister is losing weight, dieting, or exercising. We’re left watching a show about two obese, slovenly, uncouth sisters overeating and ignoring all medical advice.  I’m sure TLC was promised a show about the sisters weight loss journey. They aren’t even trying anymore. I can’t imagine there can be another season of this. Although I can see Amy promising every which way that next season after the baby cones will be a real weight loss journey to keep the gravy train rolling. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I think that TLC likes the lack of compliance from these weight loss patients. Losing weight is boring. Everything else that comes with it is the only reason that we watch. As viewers, we enjoy a success story too so that is where Chris comes in.  Amy is smart enough to know what she needs to do to keep the checks coming in. She wanted another baby but also knows that it makes for good tv. I think that she will restart her diet if it keeps her on TV. Otherwise post-baby, she will balloon back up to 400 pounds very quickly. Sadly, Tammy does not seem to have any financial goals like buying a house so she doesn't care if TLC is there or not. It is puzzling that Tammy invests a lot of time trying to entertain people on YouTube but doesn't make any effort to do the same for a larger TV audience. 

Calling everyone a bitch is prevalent everywhere. I will be glad when it stops. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

If Amy is legally blind and cannot drive, is it possible she can still read? I know very little about "legal blindness" so just asking if anyone else could educate me.

I had a bff who was legally blind but could drive with extra strong prescription lenses. When she removed her contact lenses she HAD to have her extra strong eyeglasses right next her so she could see to even go to the bathroom from her bedroom. But she could function to drive and go to work.

I think Amy is legally blind by way of not having functioning vision in her lazy eye and impaired vision in her other eye. Her impairment has likely gotten worse with age. I am guessing reading is very difficult for her. She can probably make accommodations for that with her devices (phone, iPad), but my guess is she doesn't read much in the way of printed materials now, like books and magazines. She definitely wouldn't be able to read road signs.

But now that I think of it, some of the silly sounding things she says and her perceived ignorance of different things makes a lot of sense if she never read much. It does make me sad, because for all their faults, I do think her siblings are pretty bright people, even though they might not always sound that way. I think Tammy is severely stunted emotionally, but I think she has a sharp mind (except for when she's self-medicating). 

So in conclusion, my guess is because she's been visually impaired probably all of her life, not only is reading physically difficult for her, she's probably not very good at it either. And sometimes when you're not good at something, or it's really hard, you just don't do it. She's probably ashamed of that to some degree as well, which really is unfortunate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I think Amy is legally blind by way of not having functioning vision in her lazy eye and impaired vision in her other eye. Her impairment has likely gotten worse with age. 

I can understand that somewhat. But why doesn't Amy wear ANY type of vision correcting lenses. Contacts? Glasses?  Either of those must help to a certain extent. 

I guess I'll google it when i have more time. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I can understand that somewhat. But why doesn't Amy wear ANY type of vision correcting lenses. Contacts? Glasses?  Either of those must help to a certain extent. 

I guess I'll google it when i have more time. 

Sometimes the impairment can be so bad it can't be corrected enough. An old boyfriend of mine had HORRIBLE eyes. He probably was legally blind without his hard contacts. His glasses had to be a quarter of an inch thick and he had to wear prescription goggles to go in the water for recreational swimming. He was so bad they wouldn't do Lasik surgery on him. Those glasses and hard contacts were super expensive, and I suspect in the past the Slatons maybe didn't have the resources to cover the costs. But another piece of that could be the shame and embarrassment of having to wear goofy looking glasses where one lens is corrective and the other isn't. So looking weird plus the cost is my guess. 

I know a guy my age (which is not old enough to have natural hearing loss that is commensurate with age) who has hearing loss in both ears and flat out refuses to get hearing aids because he's too ashamed. I guess he really got made fun of for wearing them as a kid. He is an expert lip reader though and usually doesn't have any trouble following conversations. It can be a little hard to understand his speaking voice though because his articulation is affected by his hearing. But nope to the aids. Won't do it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

But another piece of that could be the shame and embarrassment of having to wear goofy looking glasses where one lens is corrective and the other isn't. So looking weird plus the cost is my guess. 

Wearing goofy looking glasses is the least of the Slaton sisters' problems when it comes to appearances.

I know. I'm going to hell. 

• LOL 13
On 1/9/2022 at 5:18 PM, magemaud said:

I swear I need a Visio chart for this family. There was a much older woman named Franny or Fanny who was also identified as Amy and Tammy’s sister. She was in the scene where they had a “housewarming” for Tammy.

• Love 1

I just saw this on Reddit & I am dying. This is an actual update on Tammy's FB from 2008

w89g2vxypxe81.jpg

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

• LOL 8

They're both scammers.     I have to laugh at them getting this show after reading all of their sleazy history.   That was the ultimate con job.  

I think both sisters are clever.   Tammy may be smarter than Amy, but it could be that Amy just doesn't want to put any effort into doing anything to change her life.      I just think they're satisfied with the video channel, the TV fame, and think that's plenty as far as they're concerned. 

I've found from looking at recent family obits from my relatives, that printed or online obituaries are dramatically screwed up in a lot of cases.   My late aunt's obit listed her three children, however, it misspelled her son's name, and had the daughters in the wrong order, and actually mentioned the wrong sister as deceased.     So, who knows what the real family tree for Darlene's kids is.  

Amy should be ashamed.  Not having money doesn't mean you have to be dirty.   Especially when you have a baby.  That little boy should grow up in a clean house.      Moving into the new house was a great time to take some of the TLC money, and get a few new furniture pieces, and move in only what you need.    Leaving the roaches, and mice behind would have been so much better, than dragging a bunch of stuff they should have trashed a long time ago.  

I bet if they tried, some local furniture store would have given Amy some new furniture, in return for a sponsor credit.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I found this article  which has part of the obituary for Darlene's husband, & I am confused even more

“From Darlene’s husband’s obit: ‘Survivors include: wife Darlene R., daughter Crystal C., son Wayne R.; 5 Step-Children: Misty W. and husband David, Christopher C. and wife Brittany, Amanda Halterman and husband Jason, Tammy Slaton, Amy Halterman and husband Michael,'” 

Crystal & Wayne???? Have we heard anything about siblings Crystal & Wayne? I don't remember  ever hearing them being mentioned, & what about the mysterious brother Steven? He's not mentioned at all could Steven & Wayne be the same person? Does Darlene keep kids in the closet that she pulls out every time they need another sib? I iz confuzed.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GaT said:

I found this article  which has part of the obituary for Darlene's husband, & I am confused even more

Crystal & Wayne???? Have we heard anything about siblings Crystal & Wayne? I don't remember  ever hearing them being mentioned, & what about the mysterious brother Steven? He's not mentioned at all could Steven & Wayne be the same person? Does Darlene keep kids in the closet that she pulls out every time they need another sib? I iz confuzed.

Could be Crystal and Wayne are kids from another relationship Darlene’s husband had. Has it been confirmed that Darlene’s husband was bio dad to any of the Slaton kids? Or was he just her husband?

• Love 4
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

Could be Crystal and Wayne are kids from another relationship Darlene’s husband had. Has it been confirmed that Darlene’s husband was bio dad to any of the Slaton kids? Or was he just her husband?

That's how it reads to me.  He had Crystal and Wayne in an earlier marriage.  From his marriage to Darlene (a.k.a. Mama Slaton), he has step kids Misty, Chris, Amanda, Tammy, and Amy.  These five kids have a different bio dad.  So Crystal and Wayne are not siblings to the Slatons except through the marriage of their parents. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

That's how it reads to me.  He had Crystal and Wayne in an earlier marriage.  From his marriage to Darlene (a.k.a. Mama Slaton), he has step kids Misty, Chris, Amanda, Tammy, and Amy.  These five kids have a different bio dad.  So Crystal and Wayne are not siblings to the Slatons except through the marriage of their parents. 

Yeah that’s what I thought as well. 

• Useful 1
32 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Has it been confirmed that Darlene’s husband was bio dad to any of the Slaton kids? Or was he just her husband?

No idea, it's really hard to find actual information on all these people, & what did they do with Steven??????

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, GaT said:

No idea, it's really hard to find actual information on all these people, & what did they do with Steven??????

And Frannie? Where are Steven and Frannie? It’s like the second season of Mama’s Family all over again.

• LOL 6
4 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

And Frannie? Where are Steven and Frannie? It’s like the second season of Mama’s Family all over again.

Wasn't Frannie an aunt or something?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, GaT said:

Wasn't Frannie an aunt or something?

I went back and looked at that episode to see a comparison of Tammy’s weight back then (when she was in the 500s!) and the caption said “Frannie - Amy & Tammy’s sister.” Maybe Amy & Tammy have a different father than Misty, Amanda and Chris and maybe that man is also Frannie’s father. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I went back and looked at that episode to see a comparison of Tammy’s weight back then (when she was in the 500s!) and the caption said “Frannie - Amy & Tammy’s sister.” Maybe Amy & Tammy have a different father than Misty, Amanda and Chris and maybe that man is also Frannie’s father. 

Yikes. Tammy & Amy definitely have a different father, he must have been the one before the one in the obituary, but after Chris, Misty, & Amanda's father. And I guess he's Frannie & possibly, Steven's father?

• Love 2