Type keyword(s) to search

Jovi & Yara

• Start Topic

I just realized Jovi and Yara's "argument" about her staying in Europe is just for the show's storyline. They discussed this during their first year, when she learned she was pregnant. They determined that once the travel ban was lifted she could visit her mom in Europe when he's off working for a month. Now suddenly he doesn't like that? I'm questioning what's really going on. I understand if he doesnt want her in Ukraine, but Poland or Germany?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

I just realized Jovi and Yara's "argument" about her staying in Europe is just for the show's storyline. They discussed this during their first year, when she learned she was pregnant. They determined that once the travel ban was lifted she could visit her mom in Europe when he's off working for a month. Now suddenly he doesn't like that? I'm questioning what's really going on. I understand if he doesnt want her in Ukraine, but Poland or Germany?

I'm sure it's amplified by the show but he has pretty much said that he is afraid if she doesn't come back with him from this trip, she won't come back at all. He says she is "influenced" by her mom and her friend (as though they have to be in-person to do that) and once she is out of the US, it's harder to get her (sort of, and definitely harder to get Mylah) to come back. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Can Yara stay in Europe for six months a year with her green card?  I thought there were some rules about how long you can stay out of the USA for new green card holders. I may be wrong. Who knows?

Yes it's a minimum of 6 months in the USA no matter how long you've had the green card.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

Isn't Mylah automatically a U.S. citizen?  Would that count in Jovi's favor?  It just sounds messy and expensive in the case of divorce.

She is but Ukraine may also consider her a Ukrainian citizen and as goofygirl noted, custody gets very complicated when the child is physically outside the United States. I imagine it gets even more complicated if Yara were to stay in Germany with Mylah; a country in which neither are citizens (as far as I know). 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Yara is in Germany with a Schengen-Visa. She does NOT have the benefits of a refugee status (2 years residence), because she did not live in the Ukraine prior to 2022-02-24.

So, in other words, she has to leave Germany after the Schengen visa expires (latest after 182 days) and cannot re-enter in any Schengen country (= EU) for another 183 days (out of 365) then. To keep her green card, she has to be in the US for 180 days anyway.

The same (except the US stay requirement) applies for her daughter, too.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 7

Let's say that Yara were to travel with Mylah to somewhere in Europe six times a year for a month each time while Jovi is off working. Why would she need to buy an apartment? Wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run to rent an Air BnB each time, not necessarily in the same place? And did we ever hear her mother's living arrangements in the Czech Republic? Is she renting, staying with relatives or friends, or what? 

• Like 4

My guess is Mama Yara will want a permanent apartment that she owns, in the Czech republic or somewhere that she won't have to worry about visas.     I think that was Yara's scam from the beginning.   

Look at how Yara became instantly pregnant, and then after she lost that baby she was determined to get pregnant again.    She knows as long as she has the baby that Jovi will support both of them, and I bet Yara's mother will be living in an apartment big enough for Yara and the baby.   

I wonder what the custody rules look like in the country Yara will eventually settle down in?   I bet they'll be very favorable to her.    Yara doesn't need to worry about coming back to the U.S. once she has a permanent base in Europe, and grandma will be the permanent nanny, while Yara goes out partying.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder what custody rules look like in the country will eventually settle down in?   I bet they'll be very favorable to her.    Yara doesn't need to worry about coming back to the U.S. once she has a permanent base in Europe, and grandma will be the permanent nanny, while Yara goes out partying.  

There is actually international law on this - The Hague Convention International Child Abduction. The US has signed onto this as as most of Europe, I believe. Decisions are based on the country in which the child "habitually resides" - a determination that could be hard to make if Mylah spends large swaths of time in different places. As a younger child, she wouldn't have some of the markers of "habitual residence" such as school, a pediatrician, etc. 

• Useful 4
On 12/12/2022 at 7:41 PM, Elizzikra said:

I'm sure it's amplified by the show but he has pretty much said that he is afraid if she doesn't come back with him from this trip, she won't come back at all. He says she is "influenced" by her mom and her friend (as though they have to be in-person to do that) and once she is out of the US, it's harder to get her (sort of, and definitely harder to get Mylah) to come back. 

This is when I get frustrated with partners. Just him saying that implies she doesn't have the capability to have her own thoughts. If my husband said that, I would definitely stay another 2 weeks.

On 12/20/2022 at 6:34 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is Mama Yara will want a permanent apartment that she owns, in the Czech republic or somewhere that she won't have to worry about visas.     I think that was Yara's scam from the beginning.   

Look at how Yara became instantly pregnant, and then after she lost that baby she was determined to get pregnant again. She knows as long as she has the baby that Jovi will support both of them, and I bet Yara's mother will be living in an apartment big enough for Yara and the baby.   

This bothers me because she clearly milked the pregnancy so I'm shocked that she told Jovi she doesn't want another child. Yep, she definitely used the pregnancy.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 12/16/2022 at 4:27 PM, Elizzikra said:

She is but Ukraine may also consider her a Ukrainian citizen and as goofygirl noted, custody gets very complicated when the child is physically outside the United States. I imagine it gets even more complicated if Yara were to stay in Germany with Mylah; a country in which neither are citizens (as far as I know). 

Does that mean Jovi doesn't have to support them when they're in Germany?

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

Does that mean Jovi doesn't have to support them when they're in Germany?

I don't have any idea what the laws are for child support in Germany. I also don't know how enforceable a ruling from a US court about child support would be with the child and mother living outside the US. In any event, I think that child support is a separate matter from citizenship.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Until there is a custody and support order, then Jovi doesn't have to pay support.    However, I can't see him cutting Yari off, meaning he would cut Mylah off too.   

Did they have a prenup? Jovi seems like someone who would have had one. That wouldn't cover child support but it would address division of property and alimony.

• Like 2

Ugh. The article mentions a spinoff idea starring Yara and Chantel. That would be totally unwatchable as far as I’m concerned. Equally awful is the idea Yara could make guest appearances on the NEXT SEASON OF THE FAMILY CHANTEL! Noooooooo! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
19 hours ago, magemaud said:

Ugh. The article mentions a spinoff idea starring Yara and Chantel. That would be totally unwatchable as far as I’m concerned. Equally awful is the idea Yara could make guest appearances on the NEXT SEASON OF THE FAMILY CHANTEL! Noooooooo! 

Chantel and Pedro are divorcing …..why continue with this mess? Her family isn’t very interesting and there is no storyline now that they no longer have Pedro to belittle.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 6
9 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Can TLC EVER let any of these shitshows GO??  Like say; My Big Fat Fabulous Life?  Or Shauna Rae? Or Sister Wives?

Hell to the naw.

Someone, somewhere does the math and figures it's less expensive to keep the old rather than make new...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
On 12/27/2022 at 10:45 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Yara is totally unrecognizable.  She must really hate her own looks.

I agree - I've actually thought about it and wondered if it's narcissism or if it's some other disorder, like some identity disorder but I think it's up there with anorexia!  I don't get it, but at the same time if I were seeing myself on TV every week I would probably be wanting to make 'improvements' too 😕

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Jovi actually impressed me during the tell all when he spoke calmly to Ed and told him he needed to apologize to Jenny. Of course toxic troll Ed took this as an opportunity to attack Jovi, but Jovi maturely stood his ground and didn’t bite back. Good for him.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 7

I feel like Jovi was treated unfairly by the cast about his trip. It was pre-planned and they BOTH agreed he could go. Why does he have to cancel because Yara decided to have elective surgery at the same time after his trip had already been planned?

• Like 14
17 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Why does he have to cancel because Yara decided to have elective surgery at the same time after his trip had already been planned?

And Angela chimed in that Dr. Obeng is very busy and you HAVE TO take the appointment date they give you. No, no, you don't. It's not like Yara's appendix was bursting. 

• Like 9

Hello guys! Jumping in to say I really feel bad for Jovi’s mom (and dad?). I think she was worried from the start that someday her daughter-in-law, and her grandchildren might end up in Europe, and it would be a custody nightmare to get them back. 
Did Jovi‘s parents separate?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't know if Jovi's parents are still together, but sometimes family members stop filming, and the father might have done that.    So, is moving to Europe permanently Yara's big secret from the Pillow Talk preview last night?   I'm not surprised.    I just feel sorry for Jovi's mom, who will probably never see her grandchild again.   I bet Gwen won't be welcomed by Yara and her family.  

Yara and Gwen were good on the first shows, but then Yara started complaining about everything Gwen did after that.  I'm hoping it was another storyline that wasn't real, but who knows the truth on this show. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't know if Jovi's parents are still together, but sometimes family members stop filming, and the father might have done that.    So, is moving to Europe permanently Yara's big secret from the Pillow Talk preview last night?   I'm not surprised.    I just feel sorry for Jovi's mom, who will probably never see her grandchild again.   I bet Gwen won't be welcomed by Yara and her family.  

I missed the preview so I have no context, but I thought Yara liked Gwen and thought she was a good granny to the baby. I think that she would be fine with Gwen visiting.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I missed the preview so I have no context, but I thought Yara liked Gwen and thought she was a good granny to the baby. I think that she would be fine with Gwen visiting.

Yeah I’m no fan of Yara’s, but I can’t see her forbidding Gwen from visiting her grandchild. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yara and Gwen were good on the first shows, but then Yara started complaining about everything Gwen did after that.  I'm hoping it was another storyline that wasn't real, but who knows the truth on this show. 

Jovi's parents are still together, they are currently building a new house together, there are progress photos on her instagram = gweneymard

I'm not sure if Yara could ever permanently take their daughter out of the country so I doubt that would happen.  I think her plan is to buy a condo in Europe and have it to go there and visit and maybe rent it out to tourists when she isn't using it or let it to mother. 

• Like 5
9 hours ago, endure said:

I'm not sure if Yara could ever permanently take their daughter out of the country so I doubt that would happen.  I think her plan is to buy a condo in Europe and have it to go there and visit and maybe rent it out to tourists when she isn't using it or let it to mother. 

I'm presuming the child would have or would get a US passport & there is virtually no way (bar a private flight) that child is getting out of the country without either both parents being present or written permission from the other parent until it's much older

All made for tv drama.

• Like 3