Type keyword(s) to search

Jovi & Yara

• Start Topic

On the preview episode, the friends asking how long they have to stay married for Yara to become a citizen and stay, and Jovi saying three years, was interesting.    Then when the friends said that they would only be together three years, and then she would dump him, was sad, not funny like the friends seemed to think.   Unfortunately, I think his lifestyle of being the total bachelor, who knows all of the strippers, and partying non-stop is not going to change.  It's one thing to say that Nola isn't safe to run around because of crime, and it's another to have the father tell her that she needs to dress differently.   Lots of people have different actions, and clothing at some resort, than at home.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

I am just watching this and I am so frustrated with Jovi's dad warning Yara about how she dresses. When will the World realize that if a woman wants to dress in skimpy clothes it is not an invitation to attack her. We shouldn't even have this discussion in this day and age

On 11/24/2020 at 8:02 AM, Christina said:

Sorry for empty quote box. I am surprised that Jovi didn't use birth control given the hell she went through with the miscarriage. Why are girls not willing to demand protection?

• Love 10
On 12/4/2020 at 7:58 PM, Frozendiva said:

She likes the finer things in life that he most likely cannot afford.

However, when she keeps talking about having such good taste oh, I have to disagree. Not in her clothing but is her household choices. She's too young to realize what true taste is, or that her taste doesn't automatically mean "good" taste.

• Love 8
On 2/13/2021 at 7:43 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

"Influencer chic" lol she wants things that will make their apartment look exactly like the homes of every influencer that looks exactly like her.  Super original lol

Yeah, it's not so much the "finer things" as it is the trendy things. And what's popular and expensive isn't automatically the best. So many of these influencers brag about their taste and how the like "the best" (of the best) but they're confusing popularity and cost with quality. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 2/13/2021 at 5:03 PM, Chalby said:

I am just watching this and I am so frustrated with Jovi's dad warning Yara about how she dresses. When will the World realize that if a woman wants to dress in skimpy clothes it is not an invitation to attack her. We shouldn't even have this discussion in this day and age

Sorry for empty quote box. I am surprised that Jovi didn't use birth control given the hell she went through with the miscarriage. Why are girls not willing to demand protection?

I am going to shoo kids off my lawn after this (actually I won't, it is -4 out there) but back in college everyone I knew was BC'ed up three different ways!  And when I was married and had my second kid I was like "Yes to the tubal, thanks!"  I do not understand playing and loose.

am so frustrated with Jovi's dad warning Yara about how she dresses. When will the World realize that if a woman wants to dress in skimpy clothes it is not an invitation to attack her.

Because Father Jovi was slut shaming her while Jovi sat and watched.  Heck, he probably showed Daddy the photos!

Five beers before lunch?  Ouch.

• Love 10

I am surprised that Jovi didn't use birth control given the hell she went through with the miscarriage. Why are girls not willing to demand protection?

I have to agree with @Mrs. Hanson. A smart woman knows that an accidental child will ultimately be her responsibility. Yes, I've heard the "it takes two" but that's just not how life works out, sorry. Best to protect ourselves, no one else will. 

• Love 15

It CAN work. Our first son was an "accidental child" and he was conceived before we started the visa process. We've been together for 16 years now and my husband's been amazing. However, it's taken a shit-ton of work. Those early years were super heard and we had to work at our relationship every single day. Our 2 subsequent children were "planned" and there's a world of difference between their early childhoods and our eldest's. 

Conversely, I was also an accidental child and my mom took total responsibility for me. My dad was there in a theoretical sense but he never contributed to our household or to my raising. They broke up before I was born. 

If your relationship is solid then it's much easier than what we're seeing on this show. Julia/Brandon and Jovi/Yara don't even seem to LIKE each other. Throwing a kid in that mix is pretty much one of the worst things they can do. It's hard enough having kids when you're in a GOOD relationship. Few things will strain it more than that first year of their life. When you go into it already in tatters, though...yikes. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It CAN work. Our first son was an "accidental child" and he was conceived before we started the visa process. We've been together for 16 years now and my husband's been amazing. However, it's taken a shit-ton of work. Those early years were super heard and we had to work at our relationship every single day. Our 2 subsequent children were "planned" and there's a world of difference between their early childhoods and our eldest's. 

Conversely, I was also an accidental child and my mom took total responsibility for me. My dad was there in a theoretical sense but he never contributed to our household or to my raising. They broke up before I was born. 

If your relationship is solid then it's much easier than what we're seeing on this show. Julia/Brandon and Jovi/Yara don't even seem to LIKE each other. Throwing a kid in that mix is pretty much one of the worst things they can do. It's hard enough having kids when you're in a GOOD relationship. Few things will strain it more than that first year of their life. When you go into it already in tatters, though...yikes. 

I have told my sons, who are in college, for years:  "Keep your 20's to yourself" as you change and grow so much in that time.  As for kids, I had mine at 32 and 34, had a stable marriage to a fellow American, a college degree, a mom and a mom in law plus supportive friends and family, good jobs, our own home, chill kids and guess what?  It was STILL hard and challenging.  That is a reason I can't watch Teen Mom and Unexpected as we all know what is coming down the pike.

Spoiler

Jovi and Yara got married in Vegas.  I looked it up.

• Love 7
On 3/1/2021 at 11:49 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have told my sons, who are in college, for years:  "Keep your 20's to yourself" as you change and grow so much in that time.  As for kids, I had mine at 32 and 34, had a stable marriage to a fellow American, a college degree, a mom and a mom in law plus supportive friends and family, good jobs, our own home, chill kids and guess what?  It was STILL hard and challenging.  That is a reason I can't watch Teen Mom and Unexpected as we all know what is coming down the pike.

Hide contents

Jovi and Yara got married in Vegas.  I looked it up.

I have trouble watching those, too. Hell, at that point their brains haven't even fully finished forming. 

As a couple we've lived through some of the hardest things a couple can face: parent loss, child loss, international move, job loss, financial issues, serious illness, and now home loss to natural disaster. None of those things tried our marriage more than our oldest son's first year. 

I look back and thank god that I didn't get knocked up by anyone I thought I loved in high school. 

• Love 8
On 2/28/2021 at 6:13 AM, Rt66vintage said:

I have to agree with @Mrs. Hanson. A smart woman knows that an accidental child will ultimately be her responsibility. Yes, I've heard the "it takes two" but that's just not how life works out, sorry. Best to protect ourselves, no one else will. 

I agree there is no excuse when you're in a relationship, I think they must have wanted a baby in real reality.  

• Love 6

I'm wondering if Yara's talk about living in or around New Orleans is because she doesn't realize there are a lot of nice areas, it's not all the French Quarter with party all of the time.     I wonder if her endgame is to have Jovi buy a big house, and she'll want to import her mom, and maybe others to stay there all of the time?     That way she won't even care when Jovi is working for a month at a time, and it will minimize his party lifestyle too.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 3/7/2021 at 6:31 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm wondering if Yara's talk about living in or around New Orleans is because she doesn't realize there are a lot of nice areas, it's not all the French Quarter with party all of the time.     I wonder if her endgame is to have Jovi buy a big house, and she'll want to import her mom, and maybe others to stay there all of the time?     That way she won't even care when Jovi is working for a month at a time, and it will minimize his party lifestyle too.  

That might be her plan, but it can take years-like 20-to bring family members over. Family visas are notoriously difficult to get and take forever. When we looked into bringing over my sister-in-law there was a minimum of 16 years wait and that was before some of the current restrictions were put in place. That's also why Alexei was having trouble bringing his brother. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 2

That's good to hear.    I still think the ones on the show wanting to wait for a big wedding until relatives can come to the event, are either foolish, and think they can import relatives any time they want to, or it's just another storyline.    I'm guessing it's a storyline that Yara wanted her family at the wedding, or that Jovi's mother didn't get invited to the wedding until the gown shopping.  

• Love 3

I can’t wait until the baby vomits all over that white shag area rug. Or on the white and pink shag pillows on the couch. Or on one of her jackets thrown casually over her shoulders. Or the baby grabs onto one of her hair extensions during a photo shoot.  Also, since Jovi doesn’t have a car, Im guessing they fly everywhere, most likely first class, and won’t that be fun for everyone with the little munchkin.  Will Jovi clutch his cocktail and the stroller. Wait, there is a cup holder so he’s safe.

Edited by Colfrmb
  • Love 6
On 3/11/2021 at 12:28 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

That's good to hear.    I still think the ones on the show wanting to wait for a big wedding until relatives can come to the event, are either foolish, and think they can import relatives any time they want to, or it's just another storyline.    I'm guessing it's a storyline that Yara wanted her family at the wedding, or that Jovi's mother didn't get invited to the wedding until the gown shopping.  

Relatives can come to visit either through the Visa Waiver Program or through a tourist visa. It depends on the country. Importing a relative on an actual residency visa is a totally different can of worms. 

My in-laws could purchase plane tickets tonight and be here by Sunday if they wanted. It wouldn't cost more than their plane ticket and the new exit tax (around $50). If they wanted us to actually sponsor them in a permanent move here, though, it would take years and cost thousands.

Since it's repeated over and over every season my guess is that the "I won't get married unless I can have the big fairy tale ceremony" is just a storyline. I've never met a K1 couple who did that. Most of us did It within a few days of landing so that we could get started on the next round of paperwork. When the immigrant gets here they can apply for a work visa, but it's $200 and takes around 6 months to get. As soon as you marry, though, you can apply for your conditional green card. It also takes around 6 months and once you receive it you're legally allowed to work. Most of us bypassed the work permit and saved the money. It makes no sense to wait the full 90 days to marry. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
On 3/12/2021 at 4:50 PM, mamadrama said:

ver and over every season my guess is that the "I won't get married unless I can have the big fairy tale ceremony" is just a storyline. I've never met a K1 couple who did that. Most of us did It within a few days of landing so that we could get started on the next round of paperwork. When the immigrant gets here they can apply for a work visa, but it's $200 and takes around 6 months to get. As soon as you marry, though, you can apply for your conditional green card. It also takes around 6 months and once you receive it you're legally allowed to work. Most of us bypassed the work permit and saved the money. It makes no sense to wait the full 90 days to marry. 

Right--- but you weren't being paid or granted all sorts of perks and freebies by TLC.   😞

• Love 1
On 3/14/2021 at 12:52 PM, Justice said:

When I see Jovi, I actually see...

1ho56b.jpg

If you also watch Married at First Sight, someone mentioned in the forum that is seems like Virginia always has a drink in her hand and I immediately thought of Julian!

• LOL 1

I thought Yara looked wonderful last night- maybe she got rid of extensions and the harsh make up but she looked good. I have tos ay also that I was so surprised watching her and Jovi ( and Gwen) with the baby. They actually seemed like they became quite normal and actually are comfortable and familiar with each other.They looked like the real deal to me.

• Love 9

I'll be Jovi was telling the truth about the diapers, and I agree with Gwen about taking the baby anywhere at that age.   New Orleans was Covid central, and things were almost totally shut down for quite a while.     

In my state we had an issue with people coming to Mobile from there, to escape the crowded hospitals (same thing happened with people coming from Atlanta to Birmingham, and Auburn/Opelika).     New Orleans was totally slammed.   I'm sure that little store Jovi went to was the closest, and was one of the few open right then.  

• Love 5

Jovi and Yara have really impressed me. I have done a 180 on them. I used to dread seeing her and him and now they seem like the most normal couple around. Plus they are easy on the eyes.

Last night I learned that the guy I thought was his father (who does not look like him) is not? Jovi said his parents divorced wehn he was quite young.

His mother is very good looking.(and normal)

• Love 6
On 2/15/2021 at 3:08 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

...back in college everyone I knew was BC'ed up three different ways!  And when I was married and had my second kid I was like "Yes to the tubal, thanks!"  I do not understand playing and loose

Exactly! Back in "my day" (makes me sound ancient) Birth Control was stronger with more side effects, so anyone unable to go on it had to resort to the other ways.

Given how acceptable and available a variety of BC is nowadays, why are so many young women having "unexpected" pregnancies?

It baffles me.

• Love 7
(edited)

Two photos:

Yara and Mylah Vox.  Mylah is 9 months old.  And, Yara's 27th birthday was today.  Jovi bought (or leased) her a car and threw her an early party, because he is away for work.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Edited by Grifter Lives
Additional SM Post
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

With Covid, there may not be many mom and baby exercise or yoga classes. Surely she can meet young women In New Orleans through Facebook or other social media sites. ESL courses, makeup sites, etc.

• Love 1
On 6/7/2021 at 5:22 AM, Chalby said:

Given how acceptable and available a variety of BC is nowadays, why are so many young women having "unexpected" pregnancies?

It baffles me.

100%.  With this day and age, AND THE INTERNET, it is baffling how many young people claim "I did not know" about birth control.   I told my sons, now 22 and 23, "Nope, not raising my grandkids.  Loved being a SAHM....LOVED IT but now?  I am done."

• Love 5
(edited)

There is a big following of Gwen who love her, but I find her annoying.  "What if you want a nap?  What if this?  What if THAT?"  Good gosh, unless Myla Voxx's safety is at risk.....SHUT UP.  I can't take Yara's whining either.  Then again, and I have said this before, I wanted ZERO help when I had both my kids.  Stay away, I got this, I want ZERO audience and I will feel like I am entertaining you.  Go. Away."

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 6