Type keyword(s) to search

Jovi & Yara

• Start Topic

On 6/23/2021 at 8:17 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

There is a big following of Gwen who love her, but I find her annoying.  "What if you want a nap?  What if this?  What if THAT?"  Good gosh, unless Myla Voxx's safety is at risk.....SHUT UP.  I can't take Yara's whining either.  Then again, and I have said this before, I wanted ZERO help when I had both my kids.  Stay away, I got this, I want ZERO audience and I will feel like I am entertaining you.  Go. Away."

YES! to this.  I'm trying to figure this out for myself, and I don't need some busybody telling me what I'm doing wrong.  If I need or want help, I'll ask.  Thank you for your advice, please be open to helping me, but let me figure this one out.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Kath94 said:

YES! to this.  I'm trying to figure this out for myself, and I don't need some busybody telling me what I'm doing wrong.  If I need or want help, I'll ask.  Thank you for your advice, please be open to helping me, but let me figure this one out.

My first MIL was constantly commenting on how mobile I was.  "You know, in my day the new mom was in bed for a week."   She wanted to come over and watch the baby so I could be in bed for a week.  "You need to sit.  You need to nap."  Me:  "You need to stop talking."

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

I think the drama around this couple is mostly manufactured. And unlike the Potshards, there is no real undercurrent of animosity.

Agree. Even when Yara was being "lazy" Gwen was still smiling and laughing. I think that was half fake/half banter. It's like when my husband does something really stupid and my mom tells him, "Really? In a land of Colin Firth and Joseph Fiennes my daughter had to come home with YOU?" And my husband replies, "Yeah, she got tired of picking up men from your family reunions." (I'm a hillbilly.) In reality they love each other and she'd fight tooth and nail for him-and has. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Agree. Even when Yara was being "lazy" Gwen was still smiling and laughing. I think that was half fake/half banter. It's like when my husband does something really stupid and my mom tells him, "Really? In a land of Colin Firth and Joseph Fiennes my daughter had to come home with YOU?" And my husband replies, "Yeah, she got tired of picking up men from your family reunions." (I'm a hillbilly.) In reality they love each other and she'd fight tooth and nail for him-and has. 

And I loved it when Gwen was telling Yara to hurry up, and Yara said something like, "You want me to piss in your car then?" and they were both smiling.

I also loved the car scene with Gwen and Yara when Yara told Gwen she wasn't up her mother's ass like Jovi was up Gwen's ass, and then Gwen laughed and started imitating Yara's accent in response.  Both of them were smiling, and I just loved their back and forth.  

As you pointed out, many times lighthearted bantering and snarking are often signs of being comfortable with and having mutual affection for one another.  

• Love 9
On 6/21/2021 at 6:25 PM, Frozendiva said:

https://soapdirt.com/90-day-fiance-yara-shares-her-true-feelings-about-gwen/

It is SoapDirt. Yara clears the air and calls Gwen her best friend.

I figured as much. After watching the last episode, Gwen is Yara's biggest ally.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:59 AM, mamadrama said:

My family jokes in the same way.

• Love 3
On 6/24/2021 at 1:07 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

My first MIL was constantly commenting on how mobile I was.  "You know, in my day the new mom was in bed for a week."   She wanted to come over and watch the baby so I could be in bed for a week.  "You need to sit.  You need to nap."  Me:  "You need to stop talking."

I wish someone would have told me to stay in bed and rest, especially after baby 2. I would have jumped at the opportunity to get my sleep in.

• Love 3
On 2/13/2021 at 1:04 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

On the preview episode, the friends asking how long they have to stay married for Yara to become a citizen and stay, and Jovi saying three years, was interesting.    Then when the friends said that they would only be together three years, and then she would dump him, was sad, not funny like the friends seemed to think.   Unfortunately, I think his lifestyle of being the total bachelor, who knows all of the strippers, and partying non-stop is not going to change.  It's one thing to say that Nola isn't safe to run around because of crime, and it's another to have the father tell her that she needs to dress differently.   Lots of people have different actions, and clothing at some resort, than at home.   

Jovi's disappointment with Yara's priorities, now she's a mother, show how immature and self-centred Jovi is. If my husband took me to to watch strippers, a few months after I gave birth, I would take that personally and assume he'd rather look at someone else's body than mine. That may not be reasonable, but nursing mothers aren't always reasonable.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 6
On 2/15/2021 at 3:08 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am going to shoo kids off my lawn after this (actually I won't, it is -4 out there) but back in college everyone I knew was BC'ed up three different ways!  And when I was married and had my second kid I was like "Yes to the tubal, thanks!"  I do not understand playing and loose.

Because Father Jovi was slut shaming her while Jovi sat and watched.  Heck, he probably showed Daddy the photos!

Five beers before lunch?  Ouch.

Good point! I forgot that Jovi didn't come to her defence. Both men (and gwen) were inappropriate. However, now I've seen more of the family I wonder if this behaviour was suggested by the film crew?

• Love 1

I hope these guys are all safe. Hurricane Ida looks terrifying. I'm a Floridian, and these things don't really scare me...Ida is genuinely scary. 

In the tell all, it was clear that Yara and Gwyn have each other's back.  I firmly agree that their relationship is a good one.  Of all the couples, they seem comparatively chill. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I hope these guys are all safe. Hurricane Ida looks terrifying. I'm a Floridian, and these things don't really scare me...Ida is genuinely scary. 

In the tell all, it was clear that Yara and Gwyn have each other's back.  I firmly agree that their relationship is a good one.  Of all the couples, they seem comparatively chill. 

I've actually been feeling sick to my stomach about Tia Torres at Villa Lobos Rescue Center (Pitbulls & Paroles). With all of those dogs, they had to stay and ride it out. She last posted on FB yesterday morning literally begging for help. I think that, of all the reality shows out there, hers is the most genuine and non-scripted. I'm praying for them, and sending money. They're going to need it. (Sorry to be so off topic - I've just seen them go through this before, and this one is worse than anything they have endured since moving there.)

• Love 5
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Apparently, Yara, Jovi and the baby went to Dallas before the storm.    All of New Orleans, and outlying areas have lost electric power.   

I’m glad Jovi wasn’t away working. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm sure Gwen would have taken Yara and the baby to safety.     This was not a storm to ride out anywhere near NOLA.   I'm sure they're all staying in Dallas for a while.   

Absolutely she would have. I’m just glad for Yara she had her husband, because even though he’s an ass, I think she would have hated going through it without him. 

• Love 2

On Pillow Talk, I said out loud, "What does she see in him??" He had absolutely nothing of interest or humor to say. It was like watching a dead shark lie there. And Yara looked somewhat the worse for wear.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Not so bougie are we Yara?! 

Screenshot_20211123_180954.jpg

She is obviously fooling the folks who buy from her. Doubt she has the ability or financial help to create her own line. The makeup market is really overcrowded. Very little is different. I also believe she repackages her clothing stuff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

She is obviously fooling the folks who buy from her. Doubt she has the ability or financial help to create her own line. The makeup market is really overcrowded. Very little is different. I also believe she repackages her clothing stuff.

My friend buys her lip stains from aliexpress. She loves them but I would be afraid to use them, who knows what is in that stuff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Many brands selling in China do animal testing. The Indie brands usually don’t.  If I buy a bad product, it can be returned to where ai bought it. I would have no idea what I would be buying from Aliexpress. I think the Canadian government recently held back clothing made somewhere in Asian sweatshops. Some plastic stuff contained materials banned in Canada or were otherwise unsafe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 2/21/2022 at 6:32 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Is Yara’s mother still in Ukraine?

Yes, and I just watched Yara give an interview on Fox.  She said her mom is safe, but she has friends who live in Kyiv who are scared with nowhere to go and no access to water, money, etc.  She said they were not prepared for this.

• Love 1
On 11/23/2021 at 4:59 PM, Frozendiva said:

Many brands selling in China do animal testing. The Indie brands usually don’t.  If I buy a bad product, it can be returned to where ai bought it. I would have no idea what I would be buying from Aliexpress. I think the Canadian government recently held back clothing made somewhere in Asian sweatshops. Some plastic stuff contained materials banned in Canada or were otherwise unsafe.

Yeah but I often think banned or not approved stuff gets into the market here regardless of regulations.  To me it's scary, not just with makeup and plastics but also electrical and electronic stuff.  I bought a knock off laptop charger and it literally melted, it's a real concern IMO, even more so because I live in a condo.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
17 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I think this storyline of being miserable and plotting to move to Prague is just to create drama for them to stay on the show.

Yeah and if Yara really likes older architecture they could have lived in the Garden District rather than some cookie cutter apartment complex in the burbs.  It sounds like she chose a strip mall lifestyle and then complained how blah it is.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I think this storyline of being miserable and plotting to move to Prague is just to create drama for them to stay on the show.

Of all the couples, Jovi and Yara seem to have the biggest disconnect between the story segments and the talking head segments. In the TH, they come across as happy and bantering playfully. In the stories they dislike each other and are on the verge of breaking up.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think he works on pipes or cables submerged in the ocean?  I know he is away for three weeks at a time.

Oh, I see.  I was in a relationship with someone once who worked out in the ocean doing research on the ocean floor.  The long absences were difficult on friends and family, but he loved it.  The money was excellent, but that was a long time ago.  He always arrived back to Houston, TX, so that was the logical place for his home base to be, but he refused and commuted to NC, where his friends and family were located.  That took a couple of days for travel from his off time.  

• Love 2
On 11/3/2022 at 8:28 AM, MrBuhBye said:
On 11/3/2022 at 6:36 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

What work does he do?  

I think he works on pipes or cables submerged in the ocean?  I know he is away for three weeks at a time.

What Is Jovi Dufren's Job? Due to Jovi's job as a remote-operated vehicle or ROV supervisor, he often travels for work. According to the TLC personality's LinkedIn page, he's worked in the Oil & Gas industry for almost 15 years. “I work with underwater robotics." obotics,”  According to Glassdoor, his position can average about $73,980 per year, but Jovi is a supervisor now. 

Apart from his lucrative career, the reality TV star also makes a profit from social media influencing and sending personalized fan videos through Cameo, for which he charges $55. On top of that, Jovi makes money through his appearances on reality TV for three seasons. The Louisiana native and Boujee by Yara founder made their debuts on 90 Day Fiancé season 8 and have starred on seasons 6 and 7 of 90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 10/9/2022 at 9:10 AM, endure said:

Yeah but I often think banned or not approved stuff gets into the market here regardless of regulations.  To me it's scary, not just with makeup and plastics but also electrical and electronic stuff.  I bought a knock off laptop charger and it literally melted, it's a real concern IMO, even more so because I live in a condo.

No need to think it, there’s a whole federal department dedicated to trying to catch the importers & sellers of proper knock off stuff. Just being cheap with a different name doesn’t count as knockoff, I’ve bought at least 10 cheaper laptop chargers from eBay & not one has melted, maybe ran hotter but never actually melted, always read reviews if buying online and sometimes stuff just doesn’t work right no matter how much you pay. 

• Love 3

Surely Yara's insistence on staying in Europe is for a storyline. If this was a real issue, I can't see Jovi explaining how marriage works when couples discuss then agree, or disagree, upon various decisions... but then he doesn't say anything more. He should have said, " of course you can stay a bit longer to visit your mom. I'll take Myla back to the States where she'll be safe, and you can join us later."

NO way would she be talking like this - insisting she wants to help the war effort, while shopping with her family, or going to a spa. WTF? Where is she helping, and under no circumstances should they leave a child in a war zone (if she truly means helping Ukraine)

• Love 1

I'll take Myla back to the States where she'll be safe, and you can join us later."

Mylah is perfectly safe where she is - they aren't in a war zone. I believe they are in Germany? I think that Yara is planning to stay there and help refugees (I have no idea how); she is not planning to go into a war zone to help.

Say what you will about Yara - I think she is flighty and has no real plan, though perhaps a genuine desire to help - but I don't think she would put Mylah at risk by taking her into an active war area.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

Yara seems checked out to me.  Jovi talks sbout a relationship that she doesn’t seem familiar with.  And, apparently she’s not on board with it either.  Unless, it’s staged, Jovi may need to get legal advice.  Their problem is one that most of these international couples seem to ignore in the inception is one spouse missing their homeland.  Certainly, they think of the issues when dating a person from another county.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1