Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I have only watched this off of FYI. I know they started showing it on A&E as well but still stick to just watching on where I had been. I agree it is a cop out when its the same company producing and A&E owns FYI. As well as the matches being the "experts" faults and drama being productions (as well as the idiot "experts"). 

So now you are going back to saying "successful couple" and before that none and before that successful. We are not talking ratings and ratings was never mentioned nor was the success of the show. It was about the couples. I'm confused on which the information is you are supposedly getting here and passing on. 

I'm getting off of here I think I may have given a little to much information about myself 

I write fiction for a living and while I should be working right now, I just want to add that I find it helpful to note down the things I make up so I can keep them straight in the future. Really helps with believability. 

• Love 17

Hey everyone, I just heard from a reliable source that no one makes it, but it's a successful season and one couple stays together - no, wait, I mean no one does.  You should believe me because I guessed completely wrong last season...except I was right if we ignore the parts where I was wrong.  Follow me on twitter for more info, I've got 2 billion followers @Idon'tbelieveanyofthis

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Babyitsmb said:

I'm getting off of here I think I may have given a little to much information about myself 

I honestly didn't see anything given on yourself aside from the Twitter and age. Which I don't use SM but just as I do my kids I always warn against giving much info on online. Its better to be safe than sorry. I know you you said your age before (which I won't repeat) but maybe in the future just be careful with the user names you use (never use anything with your name in it or at least your last). I always find it better to be safe than sorry, kwim? Which btw, when I quoted a post of your's is why I left out the Twitter name. I didn't think it needed to be put in that way so if you wanted to go back and clear that post it wasn't still here. 

• Love 2

I do not understand WHY Nick and Sonia feel the need to respond to posters on the MAFS Facebook page, but it's pretty hilarious.  Besides Sonia making a pointless plea for people to be kind to each other (Sonia, meet the internet), they're both getting a little "salty" in the comments about the dog preview clip for this week. lol

nickfb.PNG

soniafb.PNG

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, HZAnita said:

I do not understand WHY Nick and Sonia feel the need to respond to posters on the MAFS Facebook page, but it's pretty hilarious.  Besides Sonia making a pointless plea for people to be kind to each other (Sonia, meet the internet), they're both getting a little "salty" in the comments about the dog preview clip for this week. lol

nickfb.PNG

soniafb.PNG

I don't understand why they (Nick and Sonia) need to respond to people on the fan facebook page. It's a page for the fans.. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HZAnita said:

nickfb.PNG

soniafb.PNG

A hit dog will always holler. Lol. No pun intended. Perhaps Nick/Sonia couldn't make it work due to the dogs. I definitely think Sonia being unable to adjust to his dogs would be a deal breaker for Nick. 

Edited by Enero
1 hour ago, ctbabe said:

I don't understand why they (Nick and Sonia) need to respond to people on the fan facebook page. It's a page for the fans.. 

i think there's definitely hurt feelings. Nick is used to feeling right all of the time (there was an interview posted in an article somewhere where he basically said marriage taught him that he wasn't right all of the time), and Sonia needs words of affirmation, so both of them need to respond to these to feed their insecurities/thoughts about themselves. It must be so weird for them to have to relive their marriage if it didn't work out. If Sonia doesn't like dogs, Nick clearly isn't bending (not saying he should or shouldn't, just saying IMO). Someone on his page posted something along the lines of "doesn't like dogs? GTFO Sonia" which Nick liked, and Sonia responded to. Hoping this season doesn't turn into a hot mess..

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, red. said:

i think there's definitely hurt feelings. Nick is used to feeling right all of the time (there was an interview posted in an article somewhere where he basically said marriage taught him that he wasn't right all of the time), and Sonia needs words of affirmation, so both of them need to respond to these to feed their insecurities/thoughts about themselves. It must be so weird for them to have to relive their marriage if it didn't work out. If Sonia doesn't like dogs, Nick clearly isn't bending (not saying he should or shouldn't, just saying IMO). Someone on his page posted something along the lines of "doesn't like dogs? GTFO Sonia" which Nick liked, and Sonia responded to. Hoping this season doesn't turn into a hot mess..

Wow. Really? What was Sonia's response to that?

6 minutes ago, Enero said:

Not exactly sure what was going on with this thread, but Nick liked every comment, including Sonia's.  Then he added another comment:  "Nick Pendergrast #maybetheresastorybehindherbeingafraid #keepwatching" and Sonia liked it.  Who knows?  SM is like a cesspool of drama. lol

dogs.png

• Love 1

Wow. Nick is a serious asshole. There was no reason for him to respond to that woman like that. He seems to think he's really clever and Sonia thinks she's funny too but they both come across as being about 10 yrs old. So he can get smug about his degree but he's just really making himself seem like a dick. 

"You want you some Nick, eh?" What's that all about?? Um no. You can keep your little weasel of a husband. He just needs a hat and he'll look like Feivel Mouskewitz. 

"Bye Felipe!" Haha, clever. Not.

I guess they think they're better now that they're on tv. They're talking down to people on social media. That's not a way to gain fans or business so Nick is wrong about that.

I really don't like them now. 

• Love 4

There's nothing to be gained from engaging on that Facebook page.  Nick and Sonia would wise to stick to their own social media accounts to the extent they wish to with communicate with fans.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Enero said:

It's not even worth her time to respond, although I'll say she's responded in a classier way than others on this show.

Edited by red.
  • Love 1

Not exactly sure what was going on with this thread, but Nick liked every comment, including Sonia's.  Then he added another comment:  "Nick Pendergrast #maybetheresastorybehindherbeingafraid #keepwatching" and Sonia liked it.  Who knows?  SM is like a cesspool of drama. lol

dogs.png

My hope is that they are getting a kick messing with everyone. But whatever, I might just wait to tune into the last few episodes now. Tom's creepy and Nick is too hard to read.

• Love 1

Thanks red and HZAnita.

I'm confused by everyone's sudden anger at Nick P.  IMO Nick T. is the asshole here. Didn't see anything outrageous about Sonia's response either. Shrugs. 

I agree though. They probably should refrain from positing on SM. It is a cesspool of trolls who have nothing better to do than hurl insults and judgements. To engage any of these people will almost always lead to an inevitably nasty exchange. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Enero said:

Thanks red and HZAnita.

I'm confused by everyone's sudden anger at Nick P.  IMO Nick T. is the asshole here. Didn't see anything outrageous about Sonia's response either. Shrugs. 

I agree though. They probably should refrain from positing on SM. It is a cesspool of trolls who have nothing better to do than hurl insults and judgements. To engage any of these people will almost always lead to an inevitably nasty exchange. 

I could be mistaken, but I think the negative feelings toward Nick came from the earlier thread I posted, where he got kind of snarky with a fan.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, HZAnita said:

nickfb.PNG

soniafb.PNG

Hmm. I like Nick less now. And I don't get Sonia's comment either.

Edited by BunnySlippers
3 hours ago, red. said:

Wow!!! So damn rude. I don't think she ever said she hated or didn't like dogs but was scared of them. So something may have happened to her at some point. Yet because she is from a certain country she is suppose to just like them no matter what according to that one person. WTF kind of crap is that? I find it rude that some people do not get there are those with a fear of dogs. There are reasons for it and some never get over it and others do. I bet if they had something happen those people wouldn't be so quick to judge someone's fear. As well as they probably have their own fear others might find stupid. 

I could be mistaken, but I think the negative feelings toward Nick came from the earlier thread I posted, where he got kind of snarky with a fan.

That is what I thought too. It was a bit asshole like of him to be that way. So much for that supposed shy/introverted Nick that many thought he was. I knew he wasn't but didn't think he was a dick. Now that has changed after seeing that stuff and that he liked the GTFO Sonia post. Guess he will be living happily ever after with his doggies. LOL 

• Love 1
On 8/25/2016 at 4:47 PM, crazychicken said:

Tom is a douche, he is such a controlling toad I do not like him at all. They have been married a week, he springs a bus on her and then goes straight into I need to protect my businesses. Did Lilly even suggest they combine finances because I am betting that the thought never entered her head, if it did I would have some serious concerns about her sanity. The way he speaks it the car redux, he sets her up that if she says no then she is a gold digger and poor put upon Tom was saddled with another materialistic woman.

Run Lilly run you are way too good for Tom

It could be that they both realize that she makes more money than him and he wants her to feel secure and protected with her assets...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BunnySlippers said:

Hmm. I like Nick less now. And I don't get Sonia's comment either.

They are enjoying their 15 minutes a little too much and she thinks she's the shit now.

4 hours ago, Enero said:

Thanks red and HZAnita.

Nick T is just some snarky fan of the show just like all of us. Nick P shouldn't feel he needs to respond to comments from fans in the way that he did. It reflects poorly on his character. What does it say about somebody who feels the need to get into petty arguments about grammar,  and then brag about his degrees and businesses, with a fan of the show that he's on. If his ego insisted that he respond, it could have been simple and less condescending IMO.

If you choose to put yourself in the public eye you have to have a thicker skin. You have to be prepared to deal with criticism gracefully because you will receive a lot of it. The fact that Nick and Sonia can't ignore comments on a fan page and they react to negative comments like children, shows that they cant handle the position they're in. Nobody is asking them to be role models but a little bit of tact is not an unreasonable request.

I used my Twitter account a lot during the last season of MAFS. Anyway, I didn't like Jamie last season, and I tweeted something to the effect of "we should take a drink every time Jamie says 'my ex' or 'beeebeee' and we'll be wasted'" She responded with some cute emojis but really friendly.  I forget exactly but she actually gave me a like for my comment and she didn't take it to heart. I ended up thinking, ok this girl isn't so bad. 

I wasn't as nice to David. I think I said something about his friends being douchbags and him being a terrible liar (not my proudest moment I'll admit). I forget the exact wording. He didnt care at all though and he and Ashley both ended up following me on Twitter. So I actually softened toward them. At one point I offered my sympathy during the episode where David threw a fit because it was Father's Day, because my dad died too. David very kindly responded. It didn't seem to bother him that I called his friends douchbags before. Because whether I like him or not, he's a grown man and doesn't get all butt hurt over a fan not liking him.

Could you imagine if I had said any of that to Nick or Sonia? They would have told me the fuck off and acted like they are somehow better than the rest of us. That's why I lost respect for both of them after reading their Facebook comments. 

It's like the cast from last season were adults who were prepared for their sudden fame, and the cast from this season is a bunch of babies acting out on social media. I thought I heard mention somewhere upthread of Derek bragging about women saying he was hot on Twitter. If so, it's no wonder he wasn't in a relationship before the show. Talk about frat boy behavior.

That's just how I feel about it. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, kat12379 said:

It could be that they both realize that she makes more money than him and he wants her to feel secure and protected with her assets...

I would be surprised during the preview he said he commented that she bought a lot of debt and he needs to protect his businesses. That is what set my douche alert off, they got married on a reality show sight unseen with a prenup. A week into a 6 week experiment he needs to let her know that he is better of than her. I think it was a discussion that didnt need to happen unless they decide to stay together. Lilly has shown no sign of marrying for money she would have been pretty stupid to leave her fate up to the experts if she wanted a rich husband. The only person that seems to have issues surrounding money is Tom. It makes me question why he married a stranger if this was such a concern for him.

• Love 7

What the what is going on in this thread? Deleted posts, name changes, nonsensical ramblings, "insider" information... ok, the last 2 are not new but c'mon. It's enough with making up crap and claiming you are a reality show expert because you worked in it, you were approached for a show, you know someone on it, your friend was cast for you, you were cast for it, you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night ... it's like sybill.

I was watching the VMAs and saw something just as bad as D-Wirks.  Chain Smokers.  Wonder if Derek moonlights as their writer?  Some of the worst lyrics I've heard.  And I've listened to 2 of Derek's raps.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

. I thought I heard mention somewhere upthread of Derek bragging about women saying he was hot on Twitter. If so, it's no wonder he wasn't in a relationship before the show. Talk about frat boy behavior.

That's just how I feel about it. 

I follow him on twitter and instagram, I have never seen him do that. It's not true

• Love 1

Just my opinion, but I don't understand Twitter. People getting into Twitter battles and judging others based on tweets makes me really sad. Maybe Instagram is better? I'm old school and preferred when the participants had Facebook pages, but having a Twitter account seems like one has less control over what information is generated about them. It seems like all forms of social media allow all kinds of rude behavior, which, okay, but why? Why choose to be rude? 

The social media interaction required by this show would be my  No. 1 reason for not going on TV.   

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, crazychicken said:

I would be surprised during the preview he said he commented that she bought a lot of debt and he needs to protect his businesses. That is what set my douche alert off, they got married on a reality show sight unseen with a prenup. A week into a 6 week experiment he needs to let her know that he is better of than her. I think it was a discussion that didnt need to happen unless they decide to stay together. Lilly has shown no sign of marrying for money she would have been pretty stupid to leave her fate up to the experts if she wanted a rich husband. The only person that seems to have issues surrounding money is Tom. It makes me question why he married a stranger if this was such a concern for him.

Also, for someone who looks down on people whom he deems "materialistic," apparently he cares about his own money quite a lot.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Lola16 said:

What the what is going on in this thread? Deleted posts, name changes, nonsensical ramblings, "insider" information... ok, the last 2 are not new but c'mon. It's enough with making up crap and claiming you are a reality show expert because you worked in it, you were approached for a show, you know someone on it, your friend was cast for you, you were cast for it, you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night ... it's like sybill.

I was watching the VMAs and saw something just as bad as D-Wirks.  Chain Smokers.  Wonder if Derek moonlights as their writer?  Some of the worst lyrics I've heard.  And I've listened to 2 of Derek's raps.

I think you summed it up pretty well there. LOL 

LMAO at the bad raps. If anyone hired him to write raps...oh boy...they would have to be pretty bad off in that area and with money. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Lola16 said:

So baby pull me closer in the back seat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
Pull the sheets right off the corner
Of the mattress that you stole
From your roommate back in Boulder
We ain't ever getting older...

I like some of the Chainsmokers' songs. 

2 hours ago, cardigirl said:

So baby pull me closer in the back seat of your Rover
That I know you can't afford
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder
Pull the sheets right off the corner
Of the mattress that you stole
From your roommate back in Boulder
We ain't ever getting older...

I like some of the Chainsmokers' songs. 

Rovers. They still make those? Kinda sounds like an Edsel to me but who knows. Is that the same broke down car from 4 years ago? Or did she get a new car 'cause she looks pretty in a bar.  And does she only look pretty in a bar because he's got beer goggles? So they are in the back seat of the Rover that she can't afford and he bites the tattoo on her shoulder which transports them onto the stolen mattress.  Is that like a Narnia thing?

Rover, shoulder, Boulder, older.... What about colder?  That rhymes.  Makes sense that the stolen mattress which normally would be described as 'hot' is cold because you know it snows in Boulder.

I wanna to hold-her

but it was cold-er

on the stolen mattress from Boulder.

Edited by Lola16
  • Love 1
Just now, Lola16 said:

Rovers. They still make those? Kinda sounds like an Edsel to me but who knows. Is that the same broke down car from 4 years ago? Or did she get a new car 'cause she looks pretty in a bar.  And does she only look pretty in a bar because he's got beer goggles? So they are in the back seat of the Rover that she can't afford and he bites the tattoo on her shoulder which transports them onto the stolen mattress.  Is that like a Narnia thing?

Rover, shoulder, Boulder, older.... What about colder?  That rhymes.  Makes send that the stolen mattress which normally would be described as 'hot' is cold because you know snow in Boulder.

I wanna to hold-her

but it was cold-er

on the stolen mattress from Boulder.

Range Rover, I'm thinking, and yes, they still make them.  :)  We are never getting older!  

1 minute ago, cardigirl said:

Range Rover, I'm thinking, and yes, they still make them.  :)  We are never getting older!  

Well, they are certainly gonna feel older if they need to put the stolen mattress in the back seat of the rover to get busy.  How big is this rover?

Seriously that was one of the worst things I've heard.  And I saw Florence Foster Jenkins.  And listened to D-Wirks.

3 hours ago, BunnySlippers said:

Also, for someone who looks down on people whom he deems "materialistic," apparently he cares about his own money quite a lot.

Pretty hypocritical. He judges others for their cars and homes. But thinks a luxury tour bus is ok.  And designing/building luxury yacht interiors is ok.  But wanting to own a new car is not.  And fancy houses are not.   I floved Lilly's face on the post-nup convo.

• Love 5

I think it beats Cake by the Ocean, for lyrics.

I don't consider the Chainsmokers' song a hip hop song (I could be really wrong here) but I was listening to it on the radio and thought it applied to some of our participants in this social experiment:

Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you
I drink too much and that's an issue
But I'm Ok
Hey, tell your friends it was nice to meet them
But I hope I never see them again

There are a lot of songs I think would suit this show really well, but I know they can't afford to use them.    

On August 18, 2016 at 4:20 PM, gingerandcloves said:

I couldn't believe she was griping at him for not unpacking his suitcase. Fine if she doesn't want to live out of a suitcase but why was she so insistent he unpack? I'm honestly not liking either of them very much, but I really really dislike Heather. She is very critical and seems very hard to please.

• Love 2
Just now, Gem 10 said:
On August 18, 2016 at 4:20 PM, gingerandcloves said:

I couldn't believe she was griping at him for not unpacking his suitcase. Fine if she doesn't want to live out of a suitcase but why was she so insistent he unpack? I'm honestly not liking either of them very much, but I really really dislike Heather. She is very critical and seems very hard to please.

What's the big deal about unpacking?  If I go away for a short vacation, I leave my neatly packed suitcase unpacked and use as I go along.  To each his own.  Heather is just finding things to pick on.  She's a pain.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

What's the big deal about unpacking?  If I go away for a short vacation, I leave my neatly packed suitcase unpacked and use as I go along.  To each his own.  Heather is just finding things to pick on.  She's a pain.

Putting your clothes in a hotel dresser is another access point for bed bugs. 

• Love 7

About the damned fees again -- afaik, none of the former participants have said how much they were paid, correct? That to me implies their contracts forbid it, or else they'd be squawking all over social media to refute the viewers who claim they did it for the cash.

Why would the producers include a nondisclosure clause unless it's something they specifically want to hide? Paying the participants undercuts the premise that everyone signed up with the purest of motives solely to find a spouse, is why.

The producer in that interview we keep citing specifically avoided giving a direct answer. An amount that's "almost nothing" and "nominal" to TV producers could be quite a bit to these brides and grooms who seem to make, on average, around $60 a year.

Basically I still believe they're paid a fairly nice stipend plus bonuses if they stick it out until the finale.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, lordonia said:

About the damned fees again -- afaik, none of the former participants have said how much they were paid, correct? That to me implies their contracts forbid it, or else they'd be squawking all over social media to refute the viewers who claim they did it for the cash.

Why would the producers include a nondisclosure clause unless it's something they specifically want to hide? Paying the participants undercuts the premise that everyone signed up with the purest of motives solely to find a spouse, is why.

The producer in that interview we keep citing specifically avoided giving a direct answer. An amount that's "almost nothing" and "nominal" to TV producers could be quite a bit to these brides and grooms who seem to make, on average, around $60 a year.

Basically I still believe they're paid a fairly nice stipend plus bonuses if they stick it out until the finale.

I also think if one person leaves and the other still wants to work it out, the one that stays still gets paid.  The reason I think that is because of Derek's 'just leave' comment.  Somehow I don't think he'd be encouraging her to leave if if meant he'd lose his cut.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, lordonia said:

That's how the production company even gets people to consider this show with a good pay check and a nice prenup 

I still don't understand what Heather thought doing this show would do for her she seem to check out during the marriage ceremony it's like she only came on the show for the pay check and social media followers 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Unknownname said:

That's how the production company even gets people to consider this show with a good pay check and a nice prenup 

Wouldn't be surprised to a point. I just don't think its as much as many may think. Yet the fact is they got a wedding paid for, honeymoon paid for, shared rentals paid for, and many other things they end up doing paid for by the show. So its not like they just get some paycheck. There are other things they obviously are getting out of it as well. I just wouldn't be surprised if the paycheck isn't much. I don't know if there is a bonus for sticking it out to the end though. If by chance there was it probably wouldn't be much either. LOL 

To add, the prenup is obviously there and a must have for sure with this though. Covers the shows ass and each person in the couple as well. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

Wouldn't be surprised to a point. I just don't think its as much as many may think. Yet the fact is they got a wedding paid for, honeymoon paid for, shared rentals paid for, and many other things they end up doing paid for by the show. So its not like they just get some paycheck. There are other things they obviously are getting out of it as well. I just wouldn't be surprised if the paycheck isn't much. I don't know if there is a bonus for sticking it out to the end though. If by chance there was it probably wouldn't be much either. LOL 

To add, the prenup is obviously there and a must have for sure with this though. Covers the shows ass and each person in the couple as well. 

Don't hold me to this but I did hear somewhere the check is actually bigger then you think im trying to find the article but it said somewhere around 60 to 90 thousand if that's true and I mean a big if that's a lot of money to some of these cast members that only make 40 thousand

On 8/29/2016 at 7:04 AM, cardigirl said:

Just my opinion, but I don't understand Twitter. People getting into Twitter battles and judging others based on tweets makes me really sad. Maybe Instagram is better? I'm old school and preferred when the participants had Facebook pages, but having a Twitter account seems like one has less control over what information is generated about them. It seems like all forms of social media allow all kinds of rude behavior, which, okay, but why? Why choose to be rude? 

The social media interaction required by this show would be my  No. 1 reason for not going on TV.   

People are nasty on SM because they can't be nasty in real life.  If they were nasty IRL they'd lose their job/relationship/maybe home/car/life. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

People are nasty on SM because they can't be nasty in real life.  If they were nasty IRL they'd lose their job/relationship/maybe home/car/life. 

The reason why they are nasty online because people don't know who they are so they won't be held accountable for their words

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

31 minutes ago, Unknownname said:

The reason why they are nasty online because people don't know who they are so they won't be held accountable for their words

I guess that's true.  And I guess I understand the "social" aspect of being able to think you're interacting with people you don't really know as if you do know them or are friends with them.  Not my cup of tea, I guess.