Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, cardigirl said:

http://starcasm.net/archives/352952

Well, this is interesting.  Is this to replace the #BlackLove show that was cancelled?  

I gotta hand it to the creators of MAFS - they've now got a show with a built-in spinoff, because there's not a chance that most, if not all, of these couples are going to need "Second Chances!"

• Love 4
On 6/24/2016 at 10:07 AM, okerry said:

This show's biggest problem is absolutely finding people who are even somewhat sincere about this, and avoiding famewhores who just want to be on TV. Well, that and their so-called experts. 

It like a chicken and egg situation.  People who are sincere about marriage will not go on the show, because of the awful track record.  They really blew their chances on the second season when they felt like the few bachelors they had were not "camera worthy" and then hired some prettier boys, who really were not interested in being married.

• Love 1

It was only a matter of time.  They had to extend their 15 minutes, but I do think Jamie really wanted a baby.  Heck, its the only reason the broke up with that guy she is so obsessed with.

(edited)

I said it before and I am saying it again WHY???? I take it she must have broke him down..as was said it will extend that 15 mins sadly...which yes I can see them have their own show as well on the pregnancy and baby. UGH!!! Want to bet she wanted to also make sure SHE had the first MAFS baby and not Cortney so as she felt more special about it all?

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 1

Oh boy Jamie will do her Unfiltered again. SMH Of course sounds like the train wrecks we have had in the past to come around again. Parents divorced, trust issues, bring me out of my shell, and so on. How will this work with the one that is a flight attendant? Why get into this when your job takes you from home so much? Now will they pair the 2 up that are in real estate just because they have the job in common? And what about the dude with his remodeled RV? Sees to follow the typical pattern of who they pick for this show now. Trust issues for some reason or another, bring me out of my shell, and so on. Wish producers and the so called experts read these boards and would get we would rather see couples that would work out in the end and be matched well instead of the bs reasons they give us for hooking them up. Thanks for posting that link ExplainItAgain.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did I read correctly that one of the guys lives on a bus?  Mind you..it is a luxury tour bus, but that is still unusual.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 1

Here are the matches from court records Starcasm

There is another late wedding this season Heather & Derek married April 29th while Lillian & Tom and Sonia & Nick both got married April 6th.

55 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Did I read correctly that one of the guys lives on a bus?  Mind you..it is a luxury tour bus, but that is still unusual.

And he married the real estate agent, guess it would be a change of pace looking at houses all day and then going home to a bus. A blinged out bus mind you as the guy does luxury yacht interiors but still a bus. Nothing relieves stress on a relationship like being crammed together in a small space, oh wait. Hopefully they do not live there or fireworks will ensue.

• Love 2

Now we know the people I am going with Sonia as this seasons whackjob and  Derek or Tom as criminal record. My opinion may change when I see video when they do the matchmaking episodes but it wouldn't be MAFS without at least one of each. (yes I am cynical I watch for the trainwreck factor now)

And really couldn't they have booted Jamie me me me fake smile Otis and got somebody that wouldn't make the show all about themselves. I expect at least a plug a week about how they need to read her book to make their marriages work and an abundance of spoon jewelry.

• Love 4
On 7/15/2016 at 11:12 AM, crazychicken said:

Here are the matches from court records Starcasm

There is another late wedding this season Heather & Derek married April 29th while Lillian & Tom and Sonia & Nick both got married April 6th.

And he married the real estate agent, guess it would be a change of pace looking at houses all day and then going home to a bus. A blinged out bus mind you as the guy does luxury yacht interiors but still a bus. Nothing relieves stress on a relationship like being crammed together in a small space, oh wait. Hopefully they do not live there or fireworks will ensue.

Don't they typically find a new place? So she won't be living on the bus.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Yeah who knows?  The show Arranged has a couple living in a camper. 

Yeah but there is no way that was a real living arrangement. This guy supposedly redid his to be "luxury tour bus" instead of just the standard RV I guess. LOL I know there are RVs out there that are pretty fancy inside but even with that most of us are not going to want to live in it 24/7.

• Love 1

That is true Neurochick. I know I was watching some show that had things like that on there and they were big. I just would feel so enclosed in something like that myself no matter what the size. While others would love it. I know its just not for me though. I think it will be interesting to see how this girl reacts to the RV/luxury bus. Either she will be cool or she will be freaked. LOL

• Love 1

I have a friend who has worked as a steward on luxury yachts for the last 10 years, and is working toward a career in yacht design, and it's all extremely fancy and expensive decor in relatively small spaces. If that's what this guy does, it's possible that is one VERY nice bus. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

I wonder if we'll like the new experts better than the older ones.

I am glad they won't drag out a vetting out episode and hopefully they show more of the actual relationships. This show is a total train wreck so it will be fun. Though the optimist in me is hoping that one of these relationships lasts.

• Love 1
(edited)

ITA, lolajl, but I didn't really expect better given this show's track record.  I'm actually amazed that they found one woman whose parents are not divorced!

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

ITA, lolajl, but I didn't really expect better given this show's track record.  I'm actually amazed that they found one woman whose parents are not divorced!

Right? They just want to find whoever they can with relationship issues and then match them together to "fix" each other's issues. Who cares about really finding those that could work out together. SMH

• Love 2

So let's see:

However, Tom wasn't familiar with the show until producers reached out to him and invited him to a a casting call for a 'dating show' after they found him on Facebook. While most of men at the casting call fled when they learned that the show required them to say 'I do' to a stranger, but Tom stuck around because he felt like he had nothing left to lose.

So he claims to be found by the show on Facebook. Which shows the show was once again desperate for men to be part of it. Especially hearing how many would flee once they knew what the show really was since they were led to believe it was a "dating show". And 

Tom, who had just gotten out of a three year relationship, spent a year and half on the dating scene in Miami, struggling to find someone who was 'worth it' to him.  

So he had a 3 yr relationship, out of it for a year and a half and now this. At least it wasn't like yesterday that he just got out of a relationship but he kept pushing on how snobby girls are there. Does he think it would change though with meeting on from this show in his area? It makes me wonder if he is the one with the snob issue instead. 

But I know without the experts, without me being willing to open myself up to them and learn and grow as a person, as an individual and then taking that and growing with my spouse, I don't think I would have been able to utilize the experts like I have,' he said of his own personal experience. 

So he says this..so hopefully that is what we see and not something else instead. It would be refreshing if he actually isn't snobby, full of beyond repair relationship issues and so on. LOL Yet if he wasn't at least one of those there would be no drama right? 

Sonia noted that she developed such a strong bond with Rachel that the counselor gave her her phone number so she would have someone to talk to because she 'would cry a lot'. 

And we have our crier. LOL It is funny who she thought she was going to marry. 

• Love 2

The best part of S2 was the reunion.  It certainly wasn't a 'puff' piece and was the most authentic part of the show.  I loved how angry and bitter Davina was beating up the experts,   and the shit show between Jessica and Ryan.  I pray they go back to that instead of cow-towing to the little feelings of the participants, or fearing being confronted about ignoring blatant 'deal breakers' or specific preferences and then blaming the couples. 

• Love 2

Having to bait and switch guys on Facebook is not a good sign. It almost feels like only the most desperate fame whore would stay.

Anyway, I am hoping for one authentically successful couple.  I do not mean people who say yes on decision day, only to be broken up by the time of the reunion.  I know...I am stupid.

• Love 2
(edited)

Put an X on the wall, hit my forehead on X.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Repeat.

I'm in for the new season.

Sonia, social worker and crier hope she is matched up with Derek, ex-Navy now marketing guy who is not going to be manipulated by crocodile tears like Neil.

Tom, bus dweller needs to be paired with the real estate agent Lilian, just because I want to see her turn her nose up/show stank face at his bling out, tricked out bus.

Nick, real estate agent-hope it isn't a repeat of basement Ryan sneaking off the hook up with his ex while married to Tito's Vodka, Jackie.

Pair him with Heather the flight attendant. Both are too used to doing their own thing on their own time, let's see if they can make a marriage with their busy schedules and Heather flying hither and yon.

Edited by humbleopinion
more nonsense
  • Love 1

Don't know where the couples are honeymooning, but I am a regular at the Wigwam where Tre and whats her name went last year.  An employee told me they both looked miserable the whole stay.

• Love 1

Don't know where the couples are honeymooning, but I am a regular at the Wigwam where Tre and whats her name went last year.  An employee told me they both looked miserable the whole stay.

Intriguing!  Especially since they were the only couple who even had a remote shot of making it.  Though if I remember correctly they hit their first speedbumps on the honeymoon when Tres admitted he hadn't really thought of marriage until the show came up and he realized he might get on tv.

Did you hear anything else?

• Love 2

http://www.people.com/article/married-first-sight-lillian-vilchez-blog

From Lillian's blog:

So when Dr. Pepper gave me the news and said the actual words, "We have found you a match," it was such a happy, unforgettable moment; it was like I floated out of my body and I immediately started imagining my fairy tale story. I would meet my husband, and we would immediately like each other and it would be the happiest day of my life. 

Oh my...somehow I don't see this ending well. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, henrysmom said:

Did you hear anything else?

No.    I asked a couple of employee's and only one of them had any intel.   Its a very quiet resort and on the west side of Phoenix so its not what I would call a popular destination.  Its in a wonderful old neighborhood called Litchfield Park.   I stay there because its near someone I visit.

On the opposite end of the spectrum and briefly O.T.   I met some outlandish, very drunk on a daily basis and loud folks in Aruba recently who claimed to be friends with Teresa Guidice (rhohj).  They were certainly rowdy enough, but I didn't buy it.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, henrysmom said:

So when Dr. Pepper gave me the news and said the actual words, "We have found you a match," it was such a happy, unforgettable moment; it was like I floated out of my body and I immediately started imagining my fairy tale story. I would meet my husband, and we would immediately like each other and it would be the happiest day of my life. 

This is one of the big problems.  I understand many women (for the record I am a woman) have dreamed of their wedding day and expect a prince charming.

I can tell you, as someone who has been happily married ten years, that marriage is not fairy tale.  It is real, gritty, and sometimes quite ugly.  However, if you find the right person, it is wonderful.  Marriage is work, not sparkly rainbows and unicorns.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

This is one of the big problems.  I understand many women (for the record I am a woman) have dreamed of their wedding day and expect a prince charming.

I can tell you, as someone who has been happily married ten years, that marriage is not fairy tale.  It is real, gritty, and sometimes quite ugly.  However, if you find the right person, it is wonderful.  Marriage is work, not sparkly rainbows and unicorns.

Exactly!!! Most of us don't have the weddings we thought we might and honestly it can turn out better that way in the end. I know for me it did. I know its been said before here about how some women have these visions of romance and how marriage is in their heads when its nothing like that. It is work. If both don't put into it that is when it can fail. There will be ups and plenty of downs to go with it as well but you deal with things together and try to get through it all the best you can. Which hopefully will make you a better couple and person(s). We have 15 yrs married this year and together 17. We have been through a lot. Heck the first 2 yrs before even being married he was there through a lot more with me than most men EVER would have stuck around to deal with. In the end I think these girls need to remember that even those fairy tales were not all a happy story to begin with as well and wouldn't have ended up all happily ever after in real life. 

• Love 2

Yes most women fall in love with the wedding day.  Then reality hits them and many are not that happy because like their "perfect" wedding they thought they were also going to have the "perfect" marriage.  No such thing.

• Love 3