Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Gigi43, that is the thing. Who is wanting to just be on tv vs. really doing this for the reasons of what the show is about? After it being on now 3 seasons (4th coming), that would get harder and harder. I think with Ryan D. He shouldn't have been allowed on the show (Did he have a criminal record?) because he knew had issues with anger and it was like they were trying to use that as his fix. Sam as well. She is another that we haven't seen anything about if she had some sort of history or arrests in her past either but she is obviously a very abusive person and by all the junk on SM she hasn't changed and probably never will. While David has his one arrest and people have freaked over it, it happened how many years ago and he wasn't arrested since that one time. As well as he hasn't shown one sign of being a violent person but someone that was claim and collected during the non conversations and Ashley's fake freak out about the text where she was raising her voice. So in the end I think as well the show wants those that will create drama but yet they don't get we don't want to see it at the expense of those that want to get an ex jealous, are abusive in any form, or putting on some pathetic act or have similar issues to toss them together for. Sadly with the world of SM and things like Youtube we have so many out there nowadays that will do anything and everything they can to get their 15 mins of fame. Which in turn on that, we then see the other side where you have sick freaks digging into certain people/person's past and threatening that they have whatever and will post it or that they would harm whoever. I think we can almost all agree that those people that watch shows and start digging around like or making threats have some issues and are disgusting for doing such things. 

• Love 6

Her body language though

In that clip, she says, "He's kind, he's considerate, he's a good guy" - also, in the end, she says she doesn't have any regrets either. It definitely doesn't sound like someone who's afraid this person might hold a knife to her throat. (Thanks for posting these videos, ctbabe. :) )

Re Jessica's restraining order against Ryan D., that happened after the 6 month reunion, when she threw a hundred dollar bill at him and he got raving mad.

• Love 3

If no one pressed charges then why wasn't the case dismissed? There are two options:

1. Either they did press charges and he's lying

2. the cops witnessed the offense and dropping the charges wasn't an option.

Three days in jail for breaking a phone seems excessive, no?

Where was it reported that he spent three days in jail?  That would make his statement in the interview misleading at the least ("While I was angry, I never hit anyone. I was cited for disorderly conduct, and I ended up attending one two-hour class. Neither my girlfriend nor my brother ever filed charges, and I was never convicted of any crime.") and I don't remember it showing up in the online records.

Are there more details than were in the recent confirmation?

• Love 4

Where was it reported that he spent three days in jail? That would make his statement in the interview misleading at the least ("While I was angry, I never hit anyone. I was cited for disorderly conduct, and I ended up attending one two-hour class. Neither my girlfriend nor my brother ever filed charges, and I was never convicted of any crime.") and I don't remember it showing up in the online records.

Are there more details than were in the recent confirmation?

Where did this 3 days in jail thing come from?

• Love 3

WHO CARES ABOUT DAVIDS ARREST RECORD IT DOESNT CHANGE THEN FACT THAT ASHLEY SHOULDENT OF DONE THIS SHOW AND WASTED HIS TIME 

Neither one of them should have been on the show.  

But here's the problem.  Not only do they have to find 6 people who want to do this "experiment."  They need to find 6 people who want to be on TV and who look good enough, for the network, to be on TV.  I think that's the hard part.  

• Love 4

Where did this 3 days in jail thing come from?

I was speaking from memory - His court records show arrest on 8/14 and arraignment on 8/21. Making the time in between a full week. No bail hearing or payment listed in the records, I would assume he stayed put.

*Edit* also listed for 8/21 is an "amended release order". which also leads me to believe that he was released on that day.

Edited by sniglet

I was speaking from memory - His court records show arrest on 8/14 and arraignment on 8/21. Making the time in between a full week. No bail hearing or payment listed in the records, I would assume he stayed put.

*Edit* also listed for 8/21 is an "amended release order". which leads me also to believe that he was released on that day.

Oh, now I get it.  Yeah, those court records don't mean that he was held in jail at all. That kind of arrest can easily allow for the person to be released from the station with an appearance ticket. (Disclaimer, I'm a lawyer but I don't really do criminal work and never in Arizona.)

That's not to say that he wasn't jailed. I have no clue yes or no on it but nothing I've seen in what's been stated, leaked, or available on-line suggests that he served any jail time.

ETA - as for the "amended" part, he might have had restrictions lifted in the "amended release order."  For example, it's common to forbid people from leaving the state but that might have been lifted the next week.  (If David is telling the truth about the fight having involved his brother and telling the truth that they didn't press charges, it wouldn't be surprising for some restrictions to be lifted within a week.)

Edited by rab01
  • Love 4

*Edit* also listed for 8/21 is an "amended release order". which also leads me to believe that he was released on that day.

Thanks but it still seems like we are making mountains out of mole hills.

Here's an idea, why don't some of us sane people on this forum try out for the show so we have constestants that don't have arrest records and aren't in it for the fame! Lol

Moving on..... Any news on anyone else?

Edited by WichitaStateShock
  • Love 5

In that clip, she says, "He's kind, he's considerate, he's a good guy" - also, in the end, she says she doesn't have any regrets either. It definitely doesn't sound like someone who's afraid this person might hold a knife to her throat. (Thanks for posting these videos, ctbabe. :) )

Re Jessica's restraining order against Ryan D., that happened after the 6 month reunion, when she threw a hundred dollar bill at him and he got raving mad.

They both look run down in the video.

I noticed again that they cut up too much of the conversation.  Why do they have to edit so much in a 2 minute video?  Also, at the end  Ashley said she does not want to have any regrets either but it does not show her saying it in the video.  

David continues to throw out the bs  about wanting someone who does not want him.   ""yawn"

Thanks but it still seems like we are making mountains out of mole hills.

Fair enough, but if he DID spend a week in jail, it doesn't seem like it's such a mole hill. Edited by sniglet

While I agree that the incident was probably not that serious given that his record has been clean since, it is disingenuous for David to claim that he was never convicted of a crime. A guilty plea IS a conviction. 95 percent of all criminal cases in this country are settled by the accused accepting a plea bargain. If having been found guilty in a trial is the standard for 'conviction' then the vast majority of prisoners doing time were never 'convicted.'

• Love 1

Fair enough, but if he DID spend a week in jail, it doesn't seem like it's such a mole hill.

As someone stated above he was likely released based on good faith he would appear. They do it for most disorderly conduct and minor cases. This is not the domestic violence issue people are blowing this out to be.

• Love 5

While I agree that the incident was probably not that serious given that his record has been clean since, it is disingenuous for David to claim that he was never convicted of a crime. A guilty plea IS a conviction. 95 percent of all criminal cases in this country are settled by the accused accepting a plea bargain. If having been found guilty in a trial is the standard for 'conviction' then the vast majority of prisoners doing time were never 'convicted.'

A plea deal isn't always a guilty plea. You might be right and he might have pled guilty to a crime but he also might have agreed to a resolution where he completed the two-hour course and made restitution (for the broken phone? if so, was it his brother's or his girlfriend's?) and upon completion, he was recorded as not guilty of any crime.  Alternatively, in New York, you can plead down from a crime (felony or misdemeanor) to a violation, which is definitely not a crime (think jaywalking or carrying an open container of alcohol or being too loud or disorderly conduct).

• Love 5

I'm NOT saying that David definitely did NOT spend time in jail or definitely did NOT plead guilty to a crime. I'm just saying that what we've seen fits the alternate version of events.  (That said, given that his sister appeared to deny his arrest earlier, I won't give automatic credence to stuff said by his family because they may not have known all the facts themselves.)

Also, I would say that the rumors of Ashley having just left a 9-year relationship 6 months before they started filming doesn't fit the blog post that was posted up-thread unless some of its dates were misprints.

Every human being leaves a computer trail behind them but those trails rarely match up with their reality. It just shows the odd intersection of person with virtual world. We can speculate all we want about what those things mean (that's the purpose of this thread after all) but we shouldn't call any of that speculation "fact" and then make further speculation from it without remembering that the first piece of fact was itself speculation.

• Love 4

Yes and that is still a conviction. Even if someone takes an Alford plea which just means they acknowledge that there is enough evidence to lead to a conviction but don't acknowledge guilt, it is still a conviction.

LynnM is right.
The record does show pleading guilty to disorderly conduct. I don't see any way in the Arizona statute that disorderly conduct can be less than a misdemeanor so, if this was New York, that would qualify as a "crime." Kind of wild that speaking too loudly or using profanity can get you arrested for a misdemeanor (2-"Makes unreasonable noise", 4-"Uses abusive or offensive language or gestures to any person") but that's what the statute says. Maybe an Arizona lawyer knows some way that this record could be squared with him not committing a crime.

I'm more interested in Neil and Sam now. Everyone knows Ashley and David don't make it. So I'd rather focus on speculation of those we aren't sure of. :)

I heard a rumor that Vanessa's mum let it slip on twitter that they are no longer together. If it's true, then I respect them for keep things civil unlike .....

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 4

I really have no idea about Sam and Neil. The preview shows Sam leaving the room at decision time. Question is, does she return and does he take her back?

And why do I care.... I hope not. For some reason I kind of like Neil but I don't understand why he would put up with her.

And Vanessa annoys me. She is too eeyore-y for me. What is she going to do when genuine issues come up?

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 2

Looks like David was lying in his People interview...  https://twitter.com/UhOSpaghettiO/status/702248341774716929

Documents show a 26 weeks anger management course...  Not a 2 hour DV course.  Physical contact with the GF and threatens to "slit the throat" of his brother.

David also told police that the GF was sleeping with a co-worker, not his brother.  Interesting that he would throw his brother to the wolves like that.

ETA: source article http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/married-at-first-sight-david-norton-ashley-doherty-91734

Edited by sniglet
  • Love 4

I didn't see it anywhere on Wikipedia. But it's true that anyone can edit there.

Why do I care? I really don't know. And I shouldn't wish Sam on anyone, especially Neil, but I'm grumpy and basically this whole show was an entire waste of time. And it continues to be if the "success" rate is only two couples. 

Looks like David was lying in his People interview...  https://twitter.com/UhOSpaghettiO/status/702248341774716929

Documents show a 26 weeks anger management course...  Not a 2 hour DV course.  Physical contact with the GF and threatens to "slit the throat" of his brother.

David also told police that the GF was sleeping with a co-worker, not his brother.  Interesting that he would throw his brother to the wolves like that.

ETA: source article http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/married-at-first-sight-david-norton-ashley-doherty-91734

Lying or not lying. It just doesn't really interest me that much. I'm not on team David or Ashley. In fact they are both MEH to me. Oddly Sam is growing on me. And I like Neil. 

I heard a rumor that Vanessa's mum let it slip on twitter that they are no longer together. If it's true, then I respect them for keep things civil unlike .....[/q

Ohhh thanks for this tid bit. Any screen caps of this? So nice to have a change of Conversation

It doesn't surprise me. Vanessa seems to like self sabotage and tres - is a player. 

Looks like David was lying in his People interview... https://twitter.com/UhOSpaghettiO/status/702248341774716929

Documents show a 26 weeks anger management course... Not a 2 hour DV course. Physical contact with the GF and threatens to "slit the throat" of his brother.

David also told police that the GF was sleeping with a co-worker, not his brother. Interesting that he would throw his brother to the wolves like that.

ETA: source article http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/married-at-first-sight-david-norton-ashley-doherty-91734

At this point I've hit the wall on caring about this. It's such a dead horse here. So happy to have a rumor about Vanessa to discuss Edited by WichitaStateShock
  • Love 7

No it shows he was ordered to do a 26 week DV course but was allowed by the court to substitute it for a 2 hour anger management course.

• Love 1

No it shows he was ordered to do a 26 week DV course but was allowed by the court to substitute it for a 2 hour anger management course.

The documents state several times that he was assigned to 26, 2 hour courses.  There is no 1-time, 2-hour course listed as an option.

"Assigned program: Violence Intervention 26 weeks"

Edited by sniglet

The documents state several times that he was assigned to 26, 2 hour courses.  There is no 1-time, 2-hour course listed as an option.

"Assigned program: Violence Intervention 26 weeks"

He completed a 2 hour 'Anger Management' as substituted by the court

david312.jpgdavid413.jpg

• Love 1

If I had to guess, I would say her insecurity probably won't fueled multiple fights with Tres. I couldn't stand to be with someone who was that insecure all the time. What are your thoughts about why they might've broken up?

Insecurity mixed with his clubbing - just a best guess

• Love 1

I am sad if it true Tres and Vanessa broke up, I think they were the only ones who really had a chance. I personally don't think Vanessa was that insecure, when you do start to fall in love with someone, it does bring out your insecurities. Maybe she just knew Tres was not ready.

• Love 1

Thanks for the link Sniglet.

I for one felt like David was a different person behind the camera/scene.  I wonder if Ashley found this information during the honeymoon and was reassured by XXXXXX that it was long ago.  Maybe as the show progressed she started seeing some of the same behavior such as a controlling personality.  

Edited by tinypeanut
  • Love 1

Thanks for the link Sniglet.

I for one felt like David was a different person behind the camera/scene. I wonder if Ashley found this information during the honeymoon and was reassured by XXXXXX that it was long ago. Maybe as the show progressed she started seeing some of the same behavior such as a controlling personality.

It is very likely that she saw personality characteristics in him that she didn't like. He was quite pushy with her and didn't seem to listen to or respect her boundaries at all. He talked when she asked for a breather, he pushed for intimacy when she made it clear that she wasn't into it, etc., etc.

I'm an extrovert married to a very introverted person and I've learned over the years that if I ever want to get anything out of him, I can NOT push for it. I think this was a bad match, regardless of his past transgressions.

Looks like David was lying in his People interview... https://twitter.com/UhOSpaghettiO/status/702248341774716929

Documents show a 26 weeks anger management course... Not a 2 hour DV course. Physical contact with the GF and threatens to "slit the throat" of his brother.

David also told police that the GF was sleeping with a co-worker, not his brother. Interesting that he would throw his brother to the wolves like that.

ETA: source article http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/married-at-first-sight-david-norton-ashley-doherty-91734

So THIS IS IT.. *hiss* From the way it was hyped and how crazy people were calling him axe murderer on twitter, I thought the knife stabbing rumor was true.

I would like to congratulate everyone that dug out this police record. They found someone in AZ to order all his records. It really does show that people do change After taking those classes. he calmly spoke to Ashley during their fight. He never raised his voice. I hope now that they have released these records, these spiteful ladies can move on with their lives.

Edited by ctbabe
  • Love 15

It is very likely that she saw personality characteristics in him that she didn't like. He was quite pushy with her and didn't seem to listen to or respect her boundaries at all. He talked when she asked for a breather, he pushed for intimacy when she made it clear that she wasn't into it, etc., etc.

I'm an extrovert married to a very introverted person and I've learned over the years that if I ever want to get anything out of him, I can NOT push for it. I think this was a bad match, regardless of his past transgressions.[/quote

I agree, Sniglet. I also think that the revelations regarding some of the season 2 participants may have added additional concerns.

• Love 1