Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
BetterButter

Warrior Nun

I couldn't make out half the dialogue over the music, but it looks ridiculous. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Wait and see, I suppose. Also, if this does well, what next? Lady Death?

I just watched the trailer. I'm going to give this an A. I'm just not sure yet if that A will stand for awesome or awful. I'll find that out in two weeks.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

I found a source that says this is coming to Netflix, July 2nd.

She doesn't seem to have a lot in common with Warrior Nun Areala. I guess I will soon find out.

warrior_nun_ariela_3_VF.thumb.jpg.5ba1add7d3af0ea871c535468fbb970d.jpg

Episode 1: Psalm 46:5

God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day

Seems weird that an able-bodied teenage boy would share a room with a beautiful quadriplegic teenage girl. Not enough fighting/Martial Arts, it should more than Nuns giving each other the "Stink Eye" and Young Adults doing drugs and partying. Set in Spain, but I am not catching much of the local culture, seems like it could be anywhere. 

Episode 2: Proverbs 31:25

She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

Seems weird that somebody who doesn't look like a nun can just walk into a highly secure fancy party. Not to mention all her priest and nun friends. I was waiting for the Tarask to Shish Kabob Ava's little boy orphan roommate, but no dice. A priest and some nuns walk into a room with a glowing hunk of Divinium and nobody notices, but a young girl can spot how special it is instantly. When checking the texts, the timestamp seem to suggest that all the texts were sent in a short time span, when it seems like they should have been spaced out more.

Edited by AnimeMania

Episode 3: Ephesians 6:11 

Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

Episode 4: Ecclesiasticus 26:9-10

The whoredom of a woman may be known in her haughty looks and eyelids.

If thy daughter be shameless, keep her in straitly, lest she abuse herself through overmuch liberty.

Very nice Warrior Nun Martial Arts sequence, they need to have at least 2 of those an episode. It is strange that Ava is activating all over the place, yet the Tarask is nowhere to be found. It seems like fighting demons has taken a backseat to all the backstabbing an infighting that has been going on, not that I didn't see this coming.

Edited by AnimeMania

Episode 5: Matthew 7:13

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

I hate to tell you this but that is not how a sterile environment works, you can't just put on sterile gloves and remove your shoes to become sterile. If she had put on any kind of protective clothing or had some kind of mist that sprayed her entire body, I might have handwaved that whole scene through.

A black girl and a girl with a huge sword on her back are running through a security checkpoint point, which one do you stop, the black girl of course. You stop the black girl, she has two sawed off shotguns on her, you let her pass and tell her to have a nice day. Where were the security guards when Lilith got on the ship with the huge sword.

Episode 6: Isaiah 30:20-21

Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them.

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.

Excellent scenery/location, boring story.

Edited by AnimeMania

Episode 7: Ephesians 4:22-24

You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

The T in ARQTECH is the Greek Letter Psi which in science is a mathematical expression that represents the wave function of electrons. In science, Psi (squared) is the probability density. It tells us where the electron is most likely to be found in the space around the nucleus.
I found this strange because the Upper Case Greek Letter Tau looks extremely similar to the letter T although the Lower Case Tau might possibly be distinguishable from a Lower Case t. I am guessing that is why they didn't use it since nobody would realize it is a Greek Letter. This is unfortunate since tau is the symbol for life or resurrection,

I haven't finished it yet, but the best way for someone making a live action superhero/sci fi/fantasy show to know if they are doing a good job is to take what they have written and pretend they are turning it into a cartoon. If you wouldn't watch what you made as a cartoon, it could probably be a lot better. So far it is a bunch of stiff, wooden actors trying to figure out should they do the right thing. You are nuns and the enemy is demons and nobody is sure if they are doing the right thing. Everybody is standing around talking when they should be punching things. I am pretty sure you could splice together an entire episode of people just reading from books.