Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Auditions 3

• Start Topic

Did yoga just before the show started. Let's see if my calm lasts all the way through. I need an escape from the real world for a bit.

• Heidi screaming "what is that?!?!" when they brought out what was clearly a tween girl's vanity/dresser wasn't a great start...
  • I liked Emerald except after doing my still-stiff yoga (I just started 19 days ago) I feel quite inferior in the flexibility department.
  • Does anyone actually believe the questions they ask the contestants are spontaneous? *Montage of moms encouraging their kids backstage*..."So who did you travel here with, your mom and dad?" "Just my mom who gave up everything for my extremely unlikely dream."
  • How many poor muppets had to die for that girl's coat?
  • "Everyone tells me I'm too big to be a dancer." "Well, that's bullshit, we're so happy you're here. let's see what you can do!" *skinny supermodel buzzes*
  • What is it with all these kids with singing voices that sound 20 years older than they are?
  • I loved the 80-year-old comic. Started a little slow but he cracked me up with that last joke. 🥜 (If only Heidi would shush.)
  • The "magicians" were funny.
  • Loved the Indian cousins. The had some cool looking tricks in there.
  • OK, the t-shirt thing was dumb (why..? ...and what a waste), and ridiculously overdramatic to boot, but Terry's "It's been a hell of a year" when Howie said he'd let himself go made me laugh so I'll give it one point. And no, I do not want to see him balance a lawnmower on his chin.
  • Oh, look, Simon's kid is visiting. Don't see that every season.
  • "Can I hear your second song as well please?" WTF, Simon. We're doing this again? Really? Why should singers get two shots? And what was wrong with the first one, anyway? (Nothing, he just wanted her to sing again, I guess, but it's still annoying.)
  • (Her son is freakin' adorable. My favorite part of the evening, frankly. He looked so confused with all the GB commotion going on, though.)

Is it just me or has the AGT Facebook page not posted anything since the season premiere?

3 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I tuned in to watch this and saw that Sophia Vigara (sp) was a judge and quickly tuned out. Pity too because there is so little to watch on tv now.

She's not nearly as annoying as I expected, to be honest.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Did yoga just before the show started. Let's see if my calm lasts all the way through. I need an escape from the real world for a bit.

• Heidi screaming "what is that?!?!" when they brought out what was clearly a tween girl's vanity/dresser wasn't a great start...
  • I liked Emerald except after doing my still-stiff yoga (I just started 19 days ago) I feel quite inferior in the flexibility department.
  • Does anyone actually believe the questions they ask the contestants are spontaneous? *Montage of moms encouraging their kids backstage*..."So who did you travel here with, your mom and dad?" "Just my mom who gave up everything for my extremely unlikely dream."
  • How many poor muppets had to die for that girl's coat?
  • "Everyone tells me I'm too big to be a dancer." "Well, that's bullshit, we're so happy you're here. let's see what you can do!" *skinny supermodel buzzes*
  • What is it with all these kids with singing voices that sound 20 years older than they are?
  • I loved the 80-year-old comic. Started a little slow but he cracked me up with that last joke. 🥜 (If only Heidi would shush.)
  • The "magicians" were funny.
  • Loved the Indian cousins. The had some cool looking tricks in there.
  • OK, the t-shirt thing was dumb (why..? ...and what a waste), and ridiculously overdramatic to boot, but Terry's "It's been a hell of a year" when Howie said he'd let himself go made me laugh so I'll give it one point. And no, I do not want to see him balance a lawnmower on his chin.
  • Oh, look, Simon's kid is visiting. Don't see that every season.
  • "Can I hear your second song as well please?" WTF, Simon. We're doing this again? Really? Why should singers get two shots? And what was wrong with the first one, anyway? (Nothing, he just wanted her to sing again, I guess, but it's still annoying.)
  • (Her son is freakin' adorable. My favorite part of the evening, frankly. He looked so confused with all the GB commotion going on, though.)

Is it just me or has the AGT Facebook page not posted anything since the season premiere?

She's not nearly as annoying as I expected, to be honest.

Sophia is a decent judge.  And I follow AGT and Howie on Twitter: they did not post anything tonight...I wonder what is going on with their Media people?

• Love 1

The first act - the contortionist - was really not very polished.  She is probably the least talented of this sort of act, who has been on the show.  I don't believe she has ever had dance lessons, because she had very little finesse or grace.  That is not the real problem I had with this act.  I thought it came off as sexualized.  The weird bending in front of the Simon poster.  The picking the pearl necklace up with her teeth.  Maybe I'm old and just read too much into things, but I thought it was odd and really not done well.  

I zoned out during the trio singing Dionne Warwick.  Oddly enough, Simon told the  A Capella group that they were dated.  "What the World Needs Now" is a classic, but hardly a new song.  I have to agree though, the quartet wasn't very good.  I don't know if they deserved to get buzzed though.  Someone who was listening can probably fill me in on the trio. 

The girl who was told she was too big to dance, was just plain not a good dancer.  She was limited with very repetitive moves.  I was hoping she would be wonderful, but she wasn't.  Simon was just pandering when he said he loved all of it.  

I don't know what the 13 year old girl, in black, was singing.  I have no interest in the progress of her career.  

The old comic had the one good bit about the peanut allergy.

Celina was another talent show singer who sounds like all the other talent show singers. 

I have no idea what was going on with the magic duo guys. 

Those two guys came all the way from India to be on this show?  It was a cute routine, but I don't know how far they can go with this act.

What a waste of perfectly good t-shirts.  I have to admit though.  Terry Crews looks good at 51.  I didn't wait around long enough to find out if the guy made it though.  However I heard something about balancing on a Swiss ball with a Samurai sword, so I assume it pushed him towards the next round.

When the lady said she did body sculpting with body fat or something, I thought that was going to be the act.  You just never know with this show.  Some songs should never be covered.  

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

Only one that really stuck out to me were the "magicians." Maybe I've been by myself in the house too long but they <Mel B> gave me a proper belly laugh </Mel B>

I agree, I know they won't go anywhere and will probably be X'd during the next round, but I like that kind of dumb comedy. 

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I thought it came off as sexualized.  The weird bending in front of the Simon poster.

That bit made me a tad uncomfortable, too.

58 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

What a waste of perfectly good t-shirts.  I have to admit though.  Terry Crews looks good at 51.  I didn't wait around long enough to find out if the guy made it though.  However I heard something about balancing on a Swiss ball with a Samurai sword, so I assume it pushed him towards the next round.

He did not go through. He got two yeses and one no (Howie, I think), then Sofia hemmed and hawed for a minute and finally said no. (He proposed something about cutting kiwis, and she said she didn't like kiwis. It wasn't the deciding factor, but think that is a perfectly good reason to send him home. I don't like kiwis, either. 🥝) Some guy breaking pointless records isn't exactly a show people are going to want to pay to see. (And they ripped up what, 60 t-shirts? They could have donated them to a shelter or something. I dunno, with all that's going on in the world, and so many people out of work, it bothered me more than it otherwise might have.)

1 hour ago, Commando Cody said:

Those two guys came all the way from India to be on this show?  It was a cute routine, but I don't know how far they can go with this act.

They had some tricks that were neat to watch, but once that kid gets a little bigger they won't be able to do them anymore.

• Love 4

My mental buzzer is giving me a headache...... this just keeps getting worse.   Kudos to Heidi for having guts,  Howie....you need to get a pair.  It would be perfectly fine with me now if they cancelled this glub.   Season over for me.   Bye everyone.

(edited)

Even having only watched an hour of this garbage, I still want 2 hours given back as restitution. So boring.

Emerald Gordon Wulf - Despite her being so young, I can already see this act getting old real quick. Nothing to say, really.

Bank of Harmony - When they said "barbershop" it promptly reminded me of the likelihood of Forte having to sweep up hair to avoid starving. I can't imagine this genre being popular among anyone younger than 80, so even bothering seems stupid.

Resound - Could the group who has been making stupid faces of worry at every other joke act for the past 10 minutes be good? It was boring as hell to me and you know you're not going to hear them on the radio, so what's the point. I was staring at the guy's shitty tattoos (which I would heavily compliment him on in-person to avoid an asskicking) - I recently started learning Japanese and it appeared he had the symbol for a question - か (ka) on his arm. If that is what it was, then it would align with the tattoo artist's sentiments of "what are you thinking?"

Amanda LaCount - I couldn't guess her age at all, but I am quite certain her level of health is pretty low. Her mother legitimately looked over 70. Anyone who used to be as fat as this girl (ex-her-size) gives the indirect plan of action, since this parading around and glamorizing of poor health is stupid. The routine didn't seem to differ much from my celebration dance when my parents let me stay up past 10pm on a weekday, which still happens due to being an unemployed piece of crap.

Barbara Argyrou - Hopefully the repetition of "bar" in her name doesn't imply she will drink away the pain of rejection.

NewLaw - I mistakenly though the group name meant society had collapsed, so I ran halfway down the steps of my survival bunker before realizing. I dread the day I actually have to eat those 50 year old army rations.

Daneliya Tuleshova - I loathe seeing someone stare at the other acts from the side for like 5 minutes, as if you don't already know they're going to be good. Boring.

Marty Ross - I thought the first joke about the ex wives was funnier than everything else. The crickets his first routine joke got made me shake, since I had told a shitty joke like 30 minutes prior and felt I wasn't in a humorous mood, which I never take well because of how abnormal it is, which also explains this subpar post. Anyways, the peanut allergy thing was funny.

TBC tomorrow

Edited by InternetToughGuy
Reworded the exercise thing; still seems jumbled to me
  • Love 5
(edited)

Golden Buzzer for Cristina Rae!  This may be the first time I agreed with a singer getting GB'd.  I got that she actually has a voice after the sob story intro, and enjoyed her performance.  Then Simon pulled his second song request routine out of the Simon Says Playbook and then commercial break.  I did think the time spent on Phil Collin's "In The Air Tonight" was short, but sweet and a good arrangement.  But when Cristina started in with her intro of "Gimme Shelter" I was so excited and couldn't wait to see what she brought.  She brought it!  I could totally see her actually on stage with the Rolling Stones as a backup singer too.  Shades of Merry Clayton!

Edited by CrystalBlue
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

The first act - the contortionist - was really not very polished.  She is probably the least talented of this sort of act, who has been on the show.  I don't believe she has ever had dance lessons, because she had very little finesse or grace.  That is not the real problem I had with this act.  I thought it came off as sexualized.  The weird bending in front of the Simon poster.  The picking the pearl necklace up with her teeth.  Maybe I'm old and just read too much into things, but I thought it was odd and really not done well.  

I zoned out during the trio singing Dionne Warwick.  Oddly enough, Simon told the  A Capella group that they were dated.  "What the World Needs Now" is a classic, but hardly a new song.  I have to agree though, the quartet wasn't very good.  I don't know if they deserved to get buzzed though.  Someone who was listening can probably fill me in on the trio. 

The girl who was told she was too big to dance, was just plain not a good dancer.  She was limited with very repetitive moves.  I was hoping she would be wonderful, but she wasn't.  Simon was just pandering when he said he loved all of it.  

I don't know what the 13 year old girl, in black, was singing.  I have no interest in the progress of her career.  

The old comic had the one good bit about the peanut allergy.

Celina was another talent show singer who sounds like all the other talent show singers. 

I have no idea what was going on with the magic duo guys. 

When the lady said she did body sculpting with body fat or something, I thought that was going to be the act.  You just never know with this show.  Some songs should never be covered.  

I agree with all your sentiments, except for Cristina Rae, tonight's GB.  After the slow start to get through the dreck tonight, she was a shining star.  Maybe I should get out more.  Oh, wait.....

Anyway I liked the arrangements of both classic rock songs (soft rock for Phil Collins' "In The Air Tonight", real rock n roll from The Stones).

I also found Marty Ross to be funny and endearing.  I'd like to hear more "peanut" jokes from him.

• Love 1

SO - Amanda LaCount, a girl  who has been told all her life that she can't succeed as a dancer because she's too overweight.   

Only she has a website.  which gives this info: 

Some of her most notable performances include performing in Rihanna’s “Savage X Fenty” Show at NYFW which is now streaming on Amazon Prime, dancing at Coachella with Lizzo, dancing with Meghan Trainor at the Radio Disney Music Awards, dancing on The Ellen Show with Keala Settle from "The Greatest Showman" movie, dancing with Disney's "Descendants 2" Cast on DWTS, dancing on 2 Episodes of The Voice, dancing in Katy Perry's "Swish Swish" music video feat. Nicki Minaj, dancing on the WNBA LA Sparks Crew for 2 years, and her own National Dance Tour "Amanda LaCount Live". 

I hate when they try to make it seem like a performer has no performance experience  and that AGT is going to be, finally, their one big break.  

this is reminding me of the teen singer from last year, "Oh my god, I'm so shy" then busting out with a Janis Joplin routine, who had been doing that same act for a few years.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Yup, and 260k followers on instagram. 

The teen singer who didn't get through has only 35k followers on instagram. 

That's a classic M.O. for this show. They try to pretend the people are plucked off the farm, but most of them have performing experience or at least big youtube and social media followings. 

• Love 4

I was slightly annoyed by the montage of people crying about making ends meet performing novelty acts.  Because, yeah,, those aren't exactly marketable jobs.   Unless you're working Main Street at Disneyland there's not much of a career in barbershop quartet.  

I had to laugh out loud at Simon dishing out the advice "don't let a stylist touch you!!" when this show is notorious for making contestants change songs, loading them up with backup dancers and pyrotechnics and just generally turning them into a sideshow with each new appearance.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

That is not the real problem I had with this act.  I thought it came off as sexualized.  The weird bending in front of the Simon poster.

So much this. It took me right back to last season when the camera zoomed in on a grinning and leering Simon Cowell when one of those male/female acrobat teams did a move that put the woman's crotch right into the man's face.

The fat girl wanna-be dancer -- let's face it, that's what she is -- sucked. That she performs all over for and with everyone is a tribute to how the untalented are pandered to these days. Even Simon had to add a clip of him running backstage to tell her how marvelous she is. WTH. Like viewers are drooling morons with no judgement?

Oh. Right. We are I guess.

I would have Golden Buzzer'd the Indian man and little boy in the green shirts. They were awesome. Now THAT takes talent. Let's see anyone else do that with some little rando kid.

Speaking of rando kids, did ya'll know Simon has a son? He should be on every episode so we can all tell Simon how adorable the kid is and what a great dad Simon is.

Oh. Right. He is. And we do.

I was wanting Simon Junior to run onto the stage and hang with the singer's little son, then play together or something. Or Simon Junior take Singer's Boy back to craft services for some ice cream or something. Anything.

Oh. Right. Wrong class designation.

Yeah, Terry had to be in on the fake t-shirt ripping contest which was obviously a set up by TPTB so he could show off his abs. If he starts bouncing his boobs AGAIN this season, I'm flipping channels.

Besides the green-shirted Indian guys, I loved loved loved the two magicians. I actually LOL'd, and I seldom do that. Icing on the cake was that Simon didn't have a clue what they were doing or what was going on. He's such a dumbass.

3 hours ago, Superclam said:

That's a classic M.O. for this show. They try to pretend the people are plucked off the farm, but most of them have performing experience or at least big youtube and social media followings. 

This show finds people online and on YouTube and solicits them to "audition." Then the acts are "scripted" so they appear to have just walked in from their jobs as garbage men or whatever. It's all a big rig.

• Love 5
(edited)

Everything is phony on this show.  I truly believe some of the "bad" reject acts have been hired (for a nominal fee, of course) to fill the usual fodder and fake us out even more to make us believe that the truly "talented" are in fact talented.  Take Large Girl Wanna Be Dancer.  She's already "danced" in paid gigs (probably for a nominal fee, of course).  Skinny Heidi buzzes her.  (Thank You Heidi!!!)  Simon drools so as to appear "tolerant" and PC.  As if he'd give her airtime in one of his shows!

Edited by CrystalBlue
Corrected wrong small words like "or" to "are."
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Besides the green-shirted Indian guys, I loved loved loved the two magicians. I actually LOL'd, and I seldom do that. Icing on the cake was that Simon didn't have a clue what they were doing or what was going on. He's such a dumbass.

My favorite of the night were the magicians and the Indian guy with kid was second.

Too many singers!

The t-shirt guy was a waist of time.

No to the "dancer"

No to the contortionist, I hate watching them.

I wish they had a judge that was/is a singer (no not Mel-B) someone that actually sang without auto tune that could give feedback to the singers.

Simon seems to think everyone is great, I think he's over-compensating for something. JMO :-)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

SO - Amanda LaCount, a girl  who has been told all her life that she can't succeed as a dancer because she's too overweight.   

Only she has a website.  which gives this info: 

"Amanda LaCount is a well known professional hip hop dancer, choreographer, actress, singer, model, and influencer."

Okay, if you say so. #neverheardofherinmylife

I hate to say it (cuz she's a kid and WWT is terrible) but my first thought when she started her routine was Whitney Way Thore of My Big Fat Fabulous Life. I remember seeing the viral video of her dancing (before she got her terrible show, of course).

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Okay, if you say so. #neverheardofherinmylife

Okay, Boomer. (JK of course. You know what I mean!)

52 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

I truly believe some of the "bad" reject acts have been hired (for a nominal fee, of course) to fill the usual fodder and

Truly believe it because it is true. We are being duped every week so we either sit back and tolerate it or flip the channel. Or complain here. I vote we all do the last!

• Love 4
(edited)

Part 2

Celina - Another 5 minute segment dedicated to crying over things from 20 years ago. With the amount of singers on this show seeming to grow with every passing season, it seems any non-singer is worthy of automatic fandom no matter how annoying.

The Demented Brothers - Why do girls react positively to these two when they just stare at you and don't say anything? After mulling over all possible factors, I guess I can officially blame my lack of female success on being 4'8 with a nose that takes up half my face. You'd think I'd suffered the most deadly stroke in medical history with how both sides of my face were completely paralyzed with disinterest. One thing they did made the corner of my lip tremble, but the whole act was garbage. I don't even know if they went through, since I skip all commentary.

Shakir and Rehan Khan - The crowd oo-ing and aw-ing over any kid simply because he's a kid is another thing on the endless list of irritants I have about this show. It was about a 2/10 for me, which is actually pretty high. I imagine the older one prays his cousin has undiagnosed dwarfism so he never has to get any stronger.

David Rush - Not much of an act. You'd think the authority on shirt ripping Hulk Hogan should have been there, but that would never happen for obvious reasons.

Cristina Rae - If she's a body sculptor and is a walking (motorized scooting, perhaps) advertisement of the contrary, I don't know why anyone would go. 99% of singers on this show have zero charisma or marketability, which would explain why most of their career gigs following AGT are for ribbon cutting ceremonies of new outhouses in bumfuck Idaho. The money aside, you'd think any singer would've seen the complete lack of success from previous contestants and go on American Idol, assuming they weren't born before television existed, though that limitation may not last long, as I imagine ageism to be the next hot social justice issue. If that means young, supple college girls are forced to date me even when I'm 100 and bedridden, I fully support it.

Also, what is with the entire crowd bursting into a standing ovation at the same time? Same with the camera zooming in on the same audience member several times through the show making some annoying gesture of disapproval.

Edited by InternetToughGuy
  • Love 3

America's Got Participants!  You get a YES.  You get a YES.  You get a YES!!!!!  

This may have been the single-weakest audition ep I've seen.  Mediocrity throughout, until the GB who has some serious, raw talent.  Yet and still, even she needs a ton of polish.  I also wonder if there were shenanigans as I am almost certain there were some supporting vocals in the track for Gimme Shelter.

Simon actually did get me to wondering if he really could be as dim as he showed in his real-time reaction to the mockgicians.  Confused?  Really, Simon?

I'm gonna grab some nuts.  (Hey!  I can audition for AGT!)  Lonesome, out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Superclam said:

Yup, and 260k followers on instagram. 

The teen singer who didn't get through has only 35k followers on instagram. 

Simon has been doing this for a long time. Carrie Underwood,  from AI was opening for headliners in Branson before simon found her. Her American idol story was that she had never been off her granpappy's farm, where she spent her days singing to the chickens.

I hate the phony stories even more than I hate the sob stories. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Returning to make a comment....

Heidi is taking a lot of heat for hitting the X on Amanda LeCount......actually alledging her of "bodyshaming".....and that just isn't fair.   To Heidi that this.  To say it wasn't a "million dollar act" is putting it mildly.  It was that horrible act that prompted me to turn the show off last night.   So to protect Heidi from further backlash from political correctness...I call for the red X's to be permanently removed because the use of them hurts people's feelings....just put everyone through, and let America do the dirty work later.   Can I have some more downvotes please?  But I guess the "controversies" that Simon is subjecting us to is the only thing that props this show up as the ratings continue to drop.   And I was actually kind of wondering why Heidi now sits next to Howie.   Ok there.  I'm out.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, Swenson said:

I call for the red X's to be permanently removed because the use of them hurts people's feelings....just put everyone through, and let America do the dirty work later.   Can I have some more downvotes please? 

Swenson gave me a great idea. I want to vote for the act I hate the most every week, and the ones with the most votes get sent home. That would give me some satisfaction, to be able to give 10 votes to someone I really dislike. Acts with no votes get to stay.

I figured anyone dissing the girl "dancer" would catch flak because she's fat instead of she's a crappy dancer with no talent whatsoever. She should have gotten four Xs, and not for being overweight.

5 hours ago, Swenson said:

And I was actually kind of wondering why Heidi now sits next to Howie.

Maybe because Simon thinks Sofia is prettier than Heidi?

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 4
(edited)

I hate to sound late to the party as I’ve been watching AGT forever, but this episode was the clearest, shining example that this show has gone from an interesting talent show with many interesting contestants of varied ability to the biggest fake, packaged, staged piece of shit ever.

Used to be we all complained about all the sob stories. Now if you pay attention, it’s all the fake stories. It was interesting when the show showed the judges going to all the different cities and some of the terrible buzzed acts along the way. Then that disappeared because apparently someone got their feelings hurt. Ever since, the handful of buzzed acts are staged, paid, terrible fakes. Insulting.

Ever since the first “Champions” spin off, it’s obvious AGT is going to present how they want acts presented and rig the results the way they want them. I’m not sure if they are feeling pressure because of stuff like Gabby’s lawsuit, but it’s all too much.

The fat dancer was horrible. Fat or no fat, she’s a terrible dancer with repeated hand movements because she can’t lift her leg over her waist level. That she has performed professionally extensively is 1. Proof the show lies about who the contestants are for content value, and 2. The extent that pandering to certain demographics is as bad as we think it is. After reflection and hearing about Heidi getting roasted on Twitter, it’s painfully obvious that entire Shaw was staged, that Heidi and the far girl and Simon were all in it, that her comments were scripted, that the fat girl gets a ton more exposure and gets to talk about her cause and Simon gets to look like PC boy. It’s nauseating.

There was a day when that little girl who sang like professional 40 year old would have brought the house down. Now, too white, too normal, too thin. Easily the best act of the night, possibly the show so far.

People talking about the “Sexualization” of the contortionist need to get out more.

The woman who won the GB wasn’t bad although I wasn’t interested in her multiple song choices. How does someone like that admit that she does “body sculpting” though? This was an example of someone I was glad won the GB because I won’t miss her extra performance. I did win a bet with the wife though... when the clips showed her probably 15 times by the time she sang, I said she was the GB a few acts before she even performed. Wife thought it would be the masculine female singer who aspired to be a cop (gasp!! Oooh!) she had a good voice.

Old guy saved his audition with late excellent material. He almost sunk. the latest India act with $20,000 veneers even though they are from a poor village, meh. The 3 singers who were over hyped to the Max were OK, not great. Poor barbershop guys out there to be made fun of. Not sure why anyone liked the idiot fake magicians.

Edited by SG11
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Truly believe it because it is true. We are being duped every week so we either sit back and tolerate it or flip the channel. Or complain here. I vote we all do the last!

Isn't that a compliment? 😉  FWIW, I'm damn proud to be a Baby Boomer!

Agree.  The snark is worth the pain.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The entire show seems dedicated to political correctness; I used to think that enforcing right-think was relegated to just Twitter, but every show, movie, game, song, etc. panders to it. NBC will probably bankrupt itself dedicating all 10,000 contestants as co-winners.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Swenson said:

Returning to make a comment....

Heidi is taking a lot of heat for hitting the X on Amanda LeCount......actually alledging her of "bodyshaming".....and that just isn't fair.   To Heidi that this.  To say it wasn't a "million dollar act" is putting it mildly.  It was that horrible act that prompted me to turn the show off last night.   So to protect Heidi from further backlash from political correctness...I call for the red X's to be permanently removed because the use of them hurts people's feelings....just put everyone through, and let America do the dirty work later.   Can I have some more downvotes please?  But I guess the "controversies" that Simon is subjecting us to is the only thing that props this show up as the ratings continue to drop.   And I was actually kind of wondering why Heidi now sits next to Howie.   Ok there.  I'm out.

Hear, Hear!  I hear ya, bro or sis Swenson.  Snowflakes have no business being on a talent show, where you are being judged.  I totally agreed with Heidi's Red Buzzer.  I want there to be more honest judging and stop the PC pandering and phony shenanigans.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, saber5055 said:

lol...I am firmly Gen X, thank you very much. 👵🏻 😉 

8 hours ago, Swenson said:

Heidi is taking a lot of heat for hitting the X on Amanda LeCount......actually alledging her of "bodyshaming".....and that just isn't fair.   To Heidi that this.  To say it wasn't a "million dollar act" is putting it mildly.  

Heh, I made a sarcastic comment above about the supermodel buzzing her after the faux-outrage at her being told she's too fat to be a dancer. That should in no way be taken as me thinking Heidi was wrong to buzz her. Her dance moves were not at all interesting (what I could see of them, at least).

• Love 2

The t-shirt guy was a waist of time.

Heh.  For him, they asked how he would follow it up, but for the dancer who only showed about six moves, they didn't?  (Maybe that's because it's easier:  backup dancers, singers, juggling if you don't mind being a cliche, and maybe balance tricks.)  It didn't help that they kept running ads for "World of Dance", to remind us that if you're a good dancer, this isn't your only option. 

Heidi didn't have a win; even if she said there were better dancers, she'd be accused of fat-shaming the dancer.  I'll try to help:  My BMI is probably higher than Amanda LeCount, and I wasn't impressed (I wasn't bothered--but not all problems have the same cause, and that cause is not ALWAYS other people.)

I liked the last singer a lot, and still don't like the Golden Buzzer--in this case because I wanted to hear more of her. 

My only takeaway from the Tragic Backstories of Tragedy was that even semi-famous people have real problems too.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

• Love 4

I happened to look up with the two dancers from India (adult and kid) and why oh why did they let that adult man on stage with white pants that showed his junk whenever the camera panned to close up shot. yiiiikes

I watched the rerun last night so got to see the acts I didn't or only partially saw during the first airing. I also got to hear the dialogue, which ran like this during a string of singers being sent home for BEING NERVOUS. "The nerves showed, not good to be so nervous, they were too nervous, I wish they weren't so nervous." And so on.

Then the young girl from Whateverstan came out and said she was nervous. Simon replied, "Nervous is good."

WTH show. Make up your mind.

Then the Fat Girl came out and did her so-called dance routine. Heidi votes no, Simon yes. Howie can't make up his mind, so goes with the audience: Yes.

Which brings me back to the first audition, the four guys that looked like barbershop singers but were not. Simon hated them which didn't make sense to me since no, they were NOT like "every other act," they weren't traditional barbershop, just their outfits were, and I thought they were fun and interesting. So did the audience, who were ALL rooting for them to get voted through, but no judge listened to the audience.

I guess the judges only "listen to the audience" when the audience agrees with the way TPTB told the judges to vote.

Then Selena the woman singer who wears clothes from the men's side of the rack, comes out. Simon says, "Let's hear your story." Not, "Let's hear you sing," or "What's your talent." No, he wants her to repeat what we just saw in the taped interview. I don't see the big deal that she likes to wear jeans and Ts instead of frilly dresses and camisoles. So do I, and I usually shop the men's rack since those Ts and sweatshirts fit better than the girl clothes do.

Then, before she even starts to sing, Simon says, "I have a good feeling about you."

WTH, Simon, does that even mean.

But I digress. LOL that Sofia said Selena already has a famous name. Yeah, the name of a singer who was shot to death by a fan.

Another LOL was Heidi giving Selena a "Big, fat YES." I wish she had given the "dancer" a "Big, fat NO" instead of just a regular no.

The two magician guys were just as funny to me this time as before, if not funnier. Again, I LOL'd. I would have given them the GB.

Do only singers get GBs on this show? Is it because they can't "step it up" so have to go right to the finals?

• Love 4
16 hours ago, hippydoo said:

I happened to look up with the two dancers from India (adult and kid) and why oh why did they let that adult man on stage with white pants that showed his junk whenever the camera panned to close up shot. yiiiikes

I missed this observation.  For some reason, I don't want to re-watch.

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I missed this observation.  For some reason, I don't want to re-watch.

I watched that act twice and again on YouTube, full screen. All I can say is I guess what some people see is in the eye -- or mind -- of the beholder.

• Useful 2
On 6/10/2020 at 12:08 AM, InternetToughGuy said:

The routine didn't seem to differ much from my celebration dance when my parents let me stay up past 10pm on a weekday

I have to say, I wasn't paying attention to who was commenting but I lol'ed at this and immediately knew it was you 😂

20 minutes ago, marykat71702 said:

I have to say, I wasn't paying attention to who was commenting but I lol'ed at this and immediately knew it was you 😂

😄 I look forward to tearing myself down again soon; I haven't even watched the auditions from last week - knowing it'll be 2 hours of crying and singing makes me want to shave my head, even if that wouldn't do anything to the TV

• LOL 2
  • Love 1