Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E08: Live and Let Die

• Start Topic

Players must cope with toxic chemicals in the mind-bending Decontamination challenge; Wes and Bananas plot their biggest game move yet, but it may mean outing their secret alliance; a double elimination sends shockwaves.

Airs May 20, 2020.

1) I'm gonna start off with our good friend Nelson... he's getting voted in again. This isn't gonna be his last elimination. He's going to keep giving people reasons to vote him in.

2) Josh and his Wes rivalry LOL. Josh: I'm SOOOO SHOCKED THAT MY NAME ISN'T UP THERE because EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT WES IS AFTER ME!

3) The eliminations were not very climactic. I completely thought they were gonna choose Cory instead of Bear.

I would have rather seen Nelson and Fessy duke it out (assuming only one of the two were voted in by the house); or Fessy and Cory; or Nelson and Cory.

• Love 6

Josh, you're going to make me regret ever defending that you had some sort of strategy in Big Brother. You led the "blindside Wes" brigade, with Laurel last season. Why would you think Wes would ever tell you if Bear was going in?

Johnny "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" Bananas. I do wonder if he was the fastest in the daily challenge, but they couldn't reward the cheating/trying.

I enjoyed the 90s music ("Machinehead" and Korn) more than two meat-heads sending two of the more interesting characters home.

I'm waiting for the ::ring ring:: Wes and Bananas confessionals, a la Dr. Will and Mike Boogie on Big Brother.

• Love 4

That Jordan elimination felt dirty but at the same time I was happy to see it happen.  I am not a fan of people who are very cocky.  Which is odd because there was a time I was a Jordan fan, but he has gotten way too full of himself. 

I had completely forgotten that Mattie and Melissa were even still around until they became focal points of this episode.  My gosh is Melissa pretty and that accent...okay back on topic.

Why does Josh always sound like he struggles with simple tasks, when he speaks? That's a quote from GTA5.

I often wonder why Kyle shows up on this show.  Is it for the vacation?  The television time? The women?  I mean he has to know he will probably never win.  Now don't get me wrong I like Kyle and I think he gives great confessionals but still he doesn't really do much.

• Love 3

Watching Jordan face a game where he REALLY needed two hands, one has to wonder: when he jumped at the oppurtunity to get a Skull, did he consider he might wind up disadvantaged, against someone who was strong and had adequate brains?

I think he did. Volunteering and thinking that could happen to him doesn't make him a hero. He is arrogant, abrasive, and really sure of himself. Still, watching him tear up a little as he told kids with disabilities to keep trying . . . I felt bad for him. I mean, even if he said that people looked up to him . . . better him than Cara Maria, right? She actually said girls looked up to her. For real.

Anyway . . .Jordan gets to stew in defeat with Tori, and he has to still with Bear on the plane ride out. Poor Jordan. "Hey. Hey, mate! How do ya wank with that thing that was your hand?" Thank you, Nelson! You being an obnoxious asshole actually worked out for us!

Fun mission. Think about it . . . in an area full of suds, you can sucker punch someone and get away clean. Sadly, players engaged in other sorts of cheating. Including Johnny. I'm guessing that's a side effect of taking Adderall. 🙄🙄🙄

And Josh is still extra "extra." Such a vacant asshole. He probably used his Big Brother prize money buying time shares.

• Love 3

Bananas and Big T both cheated but still didn’t win the challenge.

I think Jordan realized it was inevitable he’d be thrown in one way or another, without any alliances left.  And maybe keep getting thrown in where his handicap would catch up with him.

Fessy warned people against voting him in and then they voted him in.

Nelson with the worst game of politicking, trying to butter up Kaylah and Aneesa after insulting them recently.

Thing that’s shady is that the producers can decide at the last minute which elimination to set up.  Pole fight doesn’t require much set up at all, literally just a pole.  They could see who gets voted in, who are in the tribunal pool.  You could say they wanted a lopsided match in favor of Fessy which is why they chose this particular elimination, especially double elimination day, to make them end quickly.

Kaylah started up a fling with Bear and voted in Nelson, though she didn’t make a big deal when she voted.  Nelson gets revenge?

• Love 1

Even though I admire how good he is at these things, I'm no Jordan fan. Still, that elimination was hard to watch. I cry pretty easily, but I still never thought I would cry over Jordan. 😝 

Fessy threw that pole when he won like he accomplished something huge. Dude, you won the pole game against a man half your size, and half the amount hands (thanks Rogan). Calm down. 

I forgot Mattie was there too. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Zima said:

Fessy threw that pole when he won like he accomplished something huge. Dude, you won the pole game against a man half your size, and half the amount hands (thanks Rogan). Calm down. 

Jordan has won three times and finished four seasons. Think about it . . . in a figurative dick-measuring contest, he beats Wes for winning more titles in fewer seasons. Taking him out in an elimination is an achievement, even if Purgatory had come down to wanking without using the right hand.

Fessy is Big Brother, and those people can go sit and spin, but he beat Jordan and got a Skull. It’s still an achievement.

• Love 6

I’d love to hate Jordan, especially when he called Jemmye someone who looked like a Downs Syndrome kid (why use a disability as an insult?) but I like Tori so much that I figure there’s something good in Jordan. That and I think about the people he has dated/hooked up with on the show who have all been strong women (Sarah, Laurel) and that makes me respect him more.

Finally, I appreciate that Jordan does not often bring up his disability- he just gets the job done.  As a person with a disability, I like his attitude and I really liked his ending words, exhorting others with disabilities to get out there and try. I think nothing less of Jordan and his abilities as a competitor with this loss.  

i do think less of Wes: not for voting Jordan in, that was fair game and would have been just pity to not vote him in, but for the way Wes enjoys playing the villain about voting Jordan in. I am tired of Wes putting on a camera ready persona. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, scrb said:

Thing that’s shady is that the producers can decide at the last minute which elimination to set up.  Pole fight doesn’t require much set up at all, literally just a pole.  They could see who gets voted in, who are in the tribunal pool.  You could say they wanted a lopsided match in favor of Fessy which is why they chose this particular elimination, especially double elimination day, to make them end quickly.

Would I be surprised if the producers tried to rig the eliminations in favor of one contestant?  No.  But I highly doubt that the producers would prefer to keep Fessy over almost any other guy there.  Fessy hasn't really brought much drama so far this season and most of his air time has been related to the specific challenge.  The other three guys up for elimination regularly get into fights and have had hook ups.  Fessy was probably the person the producers would be the most okay with leaving.  But hey, maybe this will set up a Fessy v Jordan rematch in the future?

On a side note: I really wish this elimination was some sort of 4-way match (where any 2 of the 4 could have been eliminated).  I think that would have been more interesting than 2 head-to-head matches.

• Love 7
(edited)
11 hours ago, scrb said:

I blame that on the producers since it was not "technically" against the rules.

I'm curious at how exactly Johnny figures out that he doesn't have to go through the task of actually remembering the color pattern, which is a significant time-saver, and still doesn't win. It's like having the answer key to a test, and still not getting the highest score.

11 hours ago, scrb said:

I think Jordan realized it was inevitable he’d be thrown in one way or another, without any alliances left.  And maybe keep getting thrown in where his handicap would catch up with him.

Fessy warned people against voting him in and then they voted him in.

Nelson with the worst game of politicking, trying to butter up Kaylah and Aneesa after insulting them recently.

The thing about Jordan is that he doesn't mind going into an elimination. He thinks he can take on anyone and win. I'm sure he didn't expect the one time he'd get thrown in, the elimination challenge would be Pole Wrestle, a challenge in which having one hand is a severe disadvantage no matter how good you are.

The thing about Fessy is that he doesn't have any alliances other than Cory and Nelson, two people who are also vulnerable. They are easy names to throw in without many people targeting you. With the exception of this season where you have to go int an elimination to have a shot at winning the game, the game is all about politics. Being intimidating in challenges is not enough, and that's all Fessy has for now.

Fessy issues a warning that he's likely to come back, but it's not backed up by much. I don't see Fessy having the political capital to put a target on someone.

11 hours ago, scrb said:

I think any guy would give Fessy a run for his money, with the exception of Bear, Kyle, Josh, and maybe Wes. Although Fessy is a formidable opponent in Pole Wrestle, I think Rogan, Cory or Nelson would have a good shot against him.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Josh, you're going to make me regret ever defending that you had some sort of strategy in Big Brother. You led the "blindside Wes" brigade, with Laurel last season. Why would you think Wes would ever tell you if Bear was going in?

I'm confused at why Josh feels like he needed to know in the first place; why does he even care? How exactly does Bear being blindsided affect him?

14 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Johnny "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying" Bananas. I do wonder if he was the fastest in the daily challenge, but they couldn't reward the cheating/trying.

LOL! Johnny had the answer key and still wasn't the fastest. WOW!

• Love 4

I'm just glad we didn't have to watch another episode of Toxic Relationship Weekly. It most likely actually happened, though. #freejenna

Can't decide if I'm more impressed or repulsed by how ice cold Wes is. Zero hesitation, throw Jordan into a nearly impossible elimination, against the biggest guy in the house. I do think it was the right game decision (and Jordan doesn't seem to disagree, from his exit interview), but damn. 

Fessy shouldn't be upset at being "thrown in," when winning one of these is the only way to have a shot at winning the whole game. For those who watched his BB season, that was his "Who flipped?" moment. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, scrb said:

I don't think Bananas cheated. He found something nobody else did. That's on production for not noticing that it worked that way.  

I was a little confused by the challenge, though. Did the lights only start to flash the sequence when the folks were standing there? Otherwise how would they know the beginning of the sequence? 

16 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I had completely forgotten that Mattie and Melissa were even still around until they became focal points of this episode.  My gosh is Melissa pretty and that accent...okay back on topic.

YES! Mattie is the other one I can never remember exists. She and Kaycee are always a surprise to me. Melissa's accent fascinates me. To my American ears it doesn't sound traditionally British, but maybe one of the the other countries under the UK umbrella, but I looked her up and she is from England. It is a beautiful accent. 

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

I was a little confused by the challenge, though. Did the lights only start to flash the sequence when the folks were standing there? Otherwise how would they know the beginning of the sequence?

Someone mentioned it, it looks like there are a pair of white lights, one white light on each side of the lights with the colors. The white lights flashes three times (I think) and then the color sequence begins. When the color sequence is over, the white will flash again before the color sequence starts again.

• Love 3

this is the first season I've watched in around 10 years or something. I only know Wes, Bananas and Aneesa. So, I didn't know Jordan had a disability --I also haven't seen enough to like or dislike him. I was hoping he'd somehow win since that seemed impossible. I like cheering for underdogs.

But I was kind of glad to see Bear go--not that I like Nelson. I won't have to watch more Bear lovey/dovey confessionals. 

I was wondering tonight who is this Matty person? did you just get here? and Melissa who?

• Love 2

I think a lot of these people are forgetting that they actually have to go into an elimination in order to get to the final. Every week we listen to all of them talk about not wanting to go in, trying to politick their way out of getting voted in and getting mad when voted in. It makes no sense to me. What are they expecting to happen? The longer you wait, the less sure this game becomes. Might as well go in early.

Nelson vs Cory would have been much more interesting.

Josh really seems to think he's Wes's greatest enemy.

• Love 8
On 5/20/2020 at 11:05 PM, Eolivet said:

I'm waiting for the ::ring ring:: Wes and Bananas confessionals, a la Dr. Will and Mike Boogie on Big Brother.

Ew.

On 5/21/2020 at 1:45 AM, scrb said:

How did Big T cheat? I mostly tune out the actual challenges lol.

On 5/21/2020 at 6:20 AM, Dr Epi said:

I am tired of Wes putting on a camera ready persona. 

+1

21 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I'm confused at why Josh feels like he needed to know in the first place; why does he even care? How exactly does Bear being blindsided affect him?

Josh wants to believe he's more a part of the game than he really is. It's like, Josh, literally no one cares about you lol. The girls he was talking to about Wes not saying he was gonna put Bear in looked like they weren't even sure who exactly he was!

The segment with Big T hurting her foot had me absolutely rolling. There were so many hilarious things happening at once, I had to watch it several times to catch everything. The best parts were Kyle trying to hand Johnny the cotton rounds but Johnny was laughing too much to notice so Kyle just let them fall to the ground, "FRESH COTTON ROUNDS?!," and "Is my foot gonna fall off?!" 

Jordan's confessional after losing got to me. He seemed so genuine and raw. I hated having to feel something positive for him.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I think a lot of these people are forgetting that they actually have to go into an elimination in order to get to the final. Every week we listen to all of them talk about not wanting to go in, trying to politick their way out of getting voted in and getting mad when voted in. It makes no sense to me. What are they expecting to happen? The longer you wait, the less sure this game becomes. Might as well go in early.

this 100%. I can't follow at all being mad about getting voted in and trying to avoid it unless your entire goal is to just hang out as long as possible, and you don't care about actually winning.

Otherwise, the only time it makes sense to NOT want to get voted in is the Jay situation--you already have the scull, apparently winning multiple ones means nothing and going in just means a chance to go home.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I can't follow at all being mad about getting voted in and trying to avoid it unless your entire goal is to just hang out as long as possible, and you don't care about actually winning.

I think for some of the newbies, staying on the screen is more important than winning, per se.  While winning would be nice, for people like Chris and Bayleigh, getting viewers to remember them so they will be invited back should be the main goal - if the goal wasn't one and done, and it never is with famewhores.  I think someone like Rogan who went out in the first episode of his first season was very lucky to be invited back, especially since he didn't come from a show (I have...no idea where he came from) most Challenge viewers already watch.  It's not a bad move to simply try to stay on the season for as long as possible, if your goal is to come back for multiple seasons.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, lasu said:

I think for some of the newbies, staying on the screen is more important than winning, per se.  While winning would be nice, for people like Chris and Bayleigh, getting viewers to remember them so they will be invited back should be the main goal - if the goal wasn't one and done, and it never is with famewhores.  I think someone like Rogan who went out in the first episode of his first season was very lucky to be invited back, especially since he didn't come from a show (I have...no idea where he came from) most Challenge viewers already watch.  It's not a bad move to simply try to stay on the season for as long as possible, if your goal is to come back for multiple seasons.

I can get that part. I'm not familiar with any of these people (first time watching in years) so I have no idea who needs to build their "bring me back resume." If that's the goal, a lot of the women need to step up the drama. I'm still discovering new people!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedbirdNelly said:

this 100%. I can't follow at all being mad about getting voted in and trying to avoid it unless your entire goal is to just hang out as long as possible, and you don't care about actually winning.

Otherwise, the only time it makes sense to NOT want to get voted in is the Jay situation--you already have the scull, apparently winning multiple ones means nothing and going in just means a chance to go home.

I can see maybe Kyle doing this. He doesn't seem to care that much about winning, just hanging out and getting airtime. 

• Love 3

They do get paid for each week they are still on the show. It’s not a ton of money, but it’s still decent. So for players who know they can’t win a final, staying out of eliminations is worth it for the 5-10 grand they can make by staying in the game all season. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 5/21/2020 at 11:31 AM, zenithwit said:

On a side note: I really wish this elimination was some sort of 4-way match (where any 2 of the 4 could have been eliminated).  I think that would have been more interesting than 2 head-to-head matches.

Me too.  I totally thought that's what they were going for when Teej announced it would be a double elimination.  Would have certainly made it a bit more exciting.  I think Jordan would have been more evenly matched with someone who wasn't 4 times his size.  

23 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The segment with Big T hurting her foot had me absolutely rolling. There were so many hilarious things happening at once, I had to watch it several times to catch everything. The best parts were Kyle trying to hand Johnny the cotton rounds but Johnny was laughing too much to notice so Kyle just let them fall to the ground, "FRESH COTTON ROUNDS?!," and "Is my foot gonna fall off?!" 

I was laughing so hard during this I couldn't breathe.  Please tell me you also saw the deleted scene of them trying to get her out of the room and to the hospital.  Fucking gold!

1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I was laughing so hard during this I couldn't breathe.  Please tell me you also saw the deleted scene of them trying to get her out of the room and to the hospital.  Fucking gold!

I didn't!  Where did you find it?

On 5/21/2020 at 1:17 PM, AntFTW said:

I blame that on the producers since it was not "technically" against the rules.

I'm curious at how exactly Johnny figures out that he doesn't have to go through the task of actually remembering the color pattern, which is a significant time-saver, and still doesn't win. It's like having the answer key to a test, and still not getting the highest score.

The thing about Jordan is that he doesn't mind going into an elimination. He thinks he can take on anyone and win. I'm sure he didn't expect the one time he'd get thrown in, the elimination challenge would be Pole Wrestle, a challenge in which having one hand is a severe disadvantage no matter how good you are.

The thing about Fessy is that he doesn't have any alliances other than Cory and Nelson, two people who are also vulnerable. They are easy names to throw in without many people targeting you. With the exception of this season where you have to go int an elimination to have a shot at winning the game, the game is all about politics. Being intimidating in challenges is not enough, and that's all Fessy has for now.

Fessy issues a warning that he's likely to come back, but it's not backed up by much. I don't see Fessy having the political capital to put a target on someone.

I think any guy would give Fessy a run for his money, with the exception of Bear, Kyle, Josh, and maybe Wes. Although Fessy is a formidable opponent in Pole Wrestle, I think Rogan, Cory or Nelson would have a good shot against him.

So a lot of people Fessy could beat.

12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is why I wish they'd let like 5 men and 5 women get red skulls and then just be like, OK, the rest of you are gone and the final starts now. It'd be hilarious. 

This would be AMAZING.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This is why I wish they'd let like 5 men and 5 women get red skulls and then just be like, OK, the rest of you are gone and the final starts now. It'd be hilarious. 

I think that’s where we’re heading. It’s a little reminiscent of The Island, only we won’t have a situation where Evelyn throws in with the guy she was feuding with, thus negating most of the good that stemmed from that rivalry.

• Love 1

Man, there is barely anything I enjoy watching on regular TV right now. I don't need a purge of anything. Let the season ride. This is probably the last or one of the last we will get for a while. 

I assume the season is 16 eps. The last 2 were. I thought the one before last was longer. It felt like it went on for 100 years lol.

I was trying to figure out if they could do a mass purge and still get 16 eps in but it's impossible to discern since they don't have a clear pattern, with some eps having elimination rounds and some not.

On 5/23/2020 at 5:37 PM, luckyroll3 said:

And also, because this will never get old:

Just watched the deleted scene. "Where's my wig? I want my wiiig!!" GOLD. 

And the mission critical question of the day: why the f does Bananas have underwear with his own name across his ass? Did he buy them himself? Or were they a gift? The mind boggles. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

And the mission critical question of the day: why the f does Bananas have underwear with his own name across his ass? Did he buy them himself? Or were they a gift? The mind boggles. 

I wonder if the Bananas underpants were gear from another Challenge that he's repurposed or he's wearing gear from this Challenge? I know I've seen the guys wear stuff like that before, especially for swimming/muck related events. 

That poor producer in the middle of the Big T injury mess. She remained calm in the midst of the crazy, but the look on her face screamed "I am re-evaluating my life choices." 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

I wonder if the Bananas underpants were gear from another Challenge that he's repurposed or he's wearing gear from this Challenge? I know I've seen the guys wear stuff like that before, especially for swimming/muck related events. 

That poor producer in the middle of the Big T injury mess. She remained calm in the midst of the crazy, but the look on her face screamed "I am re-evaluating my life choices." 

One million percent. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

I read somewhere that Aneesa said this season was 18 episodes.

Not out of line with other seasons of the Challenge.

But they supersized each episode at 90 instead of 60 minutes.  Trying to remember, were they 30 minutes before they went to 60 minutes?

Of course they've had a lot of filler this season.

9 minutes ago, scrb said:

But they supersized each episode at 90 instead of 60 minutes.  Trying to remember, were they 30 minutes before they went to 60 minutes?

Of course they've had a lot of filler this season.

Oh, yeah. Way back in the day,  the only times that episodes went sixty minutes were for premiering new seasons. Otherwise, everything got wrapped up in a half-hour.