Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

PrincessPurrsALot

S08.E20: One-ton Family

Recommended Posts

Quote

Together weighing more than a ton, siblings Roshanda, Brandie and Clarence set out to lose weight as a family. But the all-for-one approach may be hurting more than it helps when each of them shows signs of heading in the wrong direction after surgery. 

Ah, the one ton family.  One ton of fun!  Or maybe not.  When we last left our hapless crew Roshanda was in no mood to be compliant.  Clarence and Brandie had put aside their pizza hoovering ways, but were having issues.  And most Pounders were considering nap time more scintillating than the episode.  Can the one-ton family continue to lose weight? Will they backslide? Will Roshanda make a big move from the chair to the couch?  Will the couch survive? These and more questions will be answered in One-ton Family Where Are They Now.  

This is the regular episode thread.  It will be open after the US East Coast showing.  

Original air date 2020.05.20

  • Love 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

For those of you wondering, Brandi performs under the name Big Teety.  Enjoy!

This is a poor choice because search engines insist you're searching for big teeth. 😺

  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

For those of you wondering, Brandi's performs under the name Big Teety.  Enjoy!

This is a poor choice because search engines insist you're searching for big teeth. 😺

Nope. Not clicking on that.

  • Love 6
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

For those of you wondering, Brandi's performs under the name Big Teety.  Enjoy!

This is a poor choice because search engines insist you're searching for big teeth. 😺

Aww geez and I thought you loved us.😢

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Here's a sentence I thought that I would never, ever write: Including tonight's episode, the most amazing success story of this season has been ***GULP*** Pauline. Yes, that Pauline, you know, "Dilly's" mama.

There's no counting how many of my brain cells were damaged or destroyed watching tonight's shit show for the ages.

Starting to recover now while watching an excellent report on National Geographic called "Super Meth" narrated by reporter Lisa Ling. That form of meth is some scary stuff.

  • Love 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

As always, the Live Chat was so much more entertaining than the show. Ro definitely has what is called resting bitch face.

 

@DC Gal, I think I can actually feel the brain cells die during these episodes, so I try to balance it with smarter stuff and that National Geographic sounds scary and something to watch.


 

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, nokat said:

As always, the Live Chat was so much more entertaining than the show. Ro definitely has what is called resting bitch face.

 

@DC Gal, I think I can actually feel the brain cells die during these episodes, so I try to balance it with smarter stuff and that National Geographic sounds scary and something to watch.


 

It definitely was something to watch; will probably repeat later today. Who knew that there was such a thing as "Super Meth?" Turns out that it's a lethal combination of Crystal Meth and Fentanyl which, sadly, is even cheaper and more potent than the old meth and lasts for 24 hours. Talk about killing brain cells.😢

As for M600PL, while I love our Live Chats, I think it's time for TLC to put this series to rest. Especially this season with the crap episode we saw earlier, they aren't even pretending to try to tell uplifting stories about grateful people taking advantage of the opportunity to change their lives for the better. It's just a steady parade of lazy, ungrateful, obnoxious losers setting up one dismal WATN after the other. What a wasted opportunity all around.

  • Love 10

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

For those of you wondering, Brandi's performs under the name Big Teety.  Enjoy!

This is a poor choice because search engines insist you're searching for big teeth. 😺

Barry "Big Tasty" Goldberg has nothing to worry about.  Neither does Adam "Lil YumYum" Goldberg.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Oh Pounders, I logged on for the first few minutes of the Live Chat last night.  But there was a marathon of Dr. Pol episodes running on Nat Geo Wild, so I never tuned into last night's shitshow on TLC. Seems like I may have preserved brain cells by avoiding it.

I mean, I'm sitting there reading along as you're all posting interesting and intelligent comments and thinking, "do I want to watch veterinarians putting their arms up into a cow's rear end and performing bloody surgeries on injured dogs, or do I want to watch three morbidly obese, dysfunctional adults wallow around for two hours whining about "working hard" while they act out severe eating disorders?"

Easy peasy. Even with you guys thrown in as viewing companions, I had to go with the animals and functioning human beings. Didn't even stick with the live chat. Yes, I confess: I abandoned you to that awful fate, got comfy on the couch and binged out with my Michigan veterinarian virtual frenz.

@FormeryHeavyJ, I'm sorry you got hurt and am sending you all my best thoughts and infidel prayers for a good recovery. 

@DC Gal in VA, I'm with you about TLC needing to pull the plug on this. And as much as I enjoy the live chats here, I absolutely will not view the Assanti people ever. again. nor participate in any discussions about their shows. I'm a tough old retired lawyer who has seen a lot of sh*t in real life. But I swear to God I was permanently emotionally scarred by the display of sheer evil embodied in one of those brothers, I think it was Steven. Sheer ravening, ravaging, all-consuming narcissistic psychopathic evil.  

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post

Could this family be more boring and uninteresting?  Nothing seems to make Roshanda happy.  And her social interacting is dismal.  Whoever said upthread she has resting bitch face is right.  And sometimes it seems as though Brandi is 10 years old.  How did she gain 72 pounds in 2 months with the surgery?  How did she eat that many calories with only 10% of her stomach?  She just sits there and grins like a child caught doing something wrong but thinks its funny when scolded.  Very strange family.

  • Love 16

Share this post


Link to post

This was a disappointing update.   Did Roshonda have any hissy fits, except in flashbacks to the first shows?     Brandie has already stretched her stomach out, apparently, since she gained 78 lbs in two months.  Brandie and Roshonda are lost causes. 

 I don't know if Clarence will get it together, but he should.   He actually helped Roshonda and Brandie get into that house they shared after they were evicted from a previous place, and he took care of the awful father, so he's a better person than anyone else in that family.       

Ashley B lives in Lafayette too, doesn't she?     I have seen pictures of groups of Poundticipants posing together in Houston, and their appointments overlap sometimes, so Ashley showing up at the party in their mutual home town doesn't surprise me.   Also, Ashley B looking as big as ever doesn't surprise me either. 

My guess is a year from now (who knows how long ago this was filmed) Roshonda will be bigger than ever, Brandie will be just as big, and stoned constantly.   Clarence is the only one I have any hope for, but he seemed to be back sliding too, so maybe he'll turn it around.  

Do I just have a dirty mind (Probably do), or does Big Teety have rather nasty meaning?     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

... And as much as I enjoy the live chats here, I absolutely will not view the Assanti people ever. again. nor participate in any discussions about their shows. I'm a tough old retired lawyer who has seen a lot of sh*t in real life. But I swear to God I was permanently emotionally scarred by the display of sheer evil embodied in one of those brothers, I think it was Steven. Sheer ravening, ravaging, all-consuming narcissistic psychopathic evil.  

I have never seen an Assanti episode and am not going to start now.  Reading the comments after the first one was enough to make me delete from the DVR without watching even a second of it, so I definitely won't watch next week.

If I hadn't been so bored last night I probably would have skipped this one too.

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

My brother and sister have finally embarked upon their own lives and so I’m all alone now and I thought we were going to do this weight-loss journey together and so I have to quit the program. 
 

JFC. 

  • Love 7

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I didn't make you click the link.  I just dangled that rotten carrot in your face as a test of how shelter in place bored you are.  

I refuse to be that bored.  I have several sock and underwear drawers that need organizing. 

 

12 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Here's a sentence I thought that I would never, ever write: Including tonight's episode, the most amazing success story of this season has been ***GULP*** Pauline. Yes, that Pauline, you know, "Dilly's" mama.

There's no counting how many of my brain cells were damaged or destroyed watching tonight's shit show for the ages.

Starting to recover now while watching an excellent report on National Geographic called "Super Meth" narrated by reporter Lisa Ling. That form of meth is some scary stuff.

Yes, I can't believe Pauline seems finally to have success on her "journey."  I liked the brothers at the beginning of the season.

This episode was horrible.   I almost always miss something when it airs on Wed because we usually haven't quite finished dinner or because I am too interested in the live chat so I will watch it on the dvr  the next day.   I think I will erase this without bothering to see the scenes I missed.    I will now go search to see if I can find the "Super Meth" episode even though Lisa Ling has started to annoy me.

  • Love 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Could this family be more boring and uninteresting?  Nothing seems to make Roshanda happy.  And her social interacting is dismal.  Whoever said upthread she has resting bitch face is right.  And sometimes it seems as though Brandi is 10 years old.  How did she gain 72 pounds in 2 months with the surgery?  How did she eat that many calories with only 10% of her stomach?  She just sits there and grins like a child caught doing something wrong but thinks its funny when scolded.  Very strange family.

I'm thinking she had to have soaked in a tub of congealed fat 24/7 and had it absorbed through her skin because speaking as someone who had sleeve gastrectomy in 11/2016 it is IMPOSSIBLE (for me...then again I'm not a blithering idiot like Brandi) to over-eat and gain anything.

Maybe it WAS the mattress that made her look fat.  Did anyone notice if she had the mattress strapped to her back when she weighed in?

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

I have never seen an Assanti episode and am not going to start now.  

You are wise.

  • Love 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

What I'm getting from this, is that I was right to catch up on some true crime, and solve a few plane crashes.
Oh, and I did watch the repeat of Sarah, you'll remember her for her "tater tot casserole."
I've got mummies and a repeat of bog bodies in my lineup for tonight.
 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

59 minutes ago, auntjess said:

What I'm getting from this, is that I was right to catch up oin some true crime, and solve a few plane crashes.

You and I have the same viewing habits!

Am I the only one to think Brandie was high as a kite the whole time? In Dr Now's office, with Lola, at home... everywhere. She was on the road partying hard! And by "partying" she meant hard core drugs, no?

  • Love 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Am I the only one to think Brandie was high as a kite the whole time? In Dr Now's office, with Lola, at home... everywhere. She was on the road partying hard! And by "partying" she meant hard core drugs, no?

Nope, there were several comments in the live chat along those lines.

  • Love 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Jeeves said:

 

@DC Gal in VA, I'm with you about TLC needing to pull the plug on this. And as much as I enjoy the live chats here, I absolutely will not view the Assanti people ever. again. nor participate in any discussions about their shows. I'm a tough old retired lawyer who has seen a lot of sh*t in real life. But I swear to God I was permanently emotionally scarred by the display of sheer evil embodied in one of those brothers, I think it was Steven. Sheer ravening, ravaging, all-consuming narcissistic psychopathic evil.  

Hi there @Jeeves! I always had that sickening "Danger, Danger, Danger!" feeling when it comes to Steven Assanti. He's a cruel, depraved and amoral creature; I refuse to call him a human being.

Do you know which of the Assanti episodes TLC will be showing? The only thing I would like to see again is the scene where Dr. Now confronts Steven with a report that shows how he had visited dozens of doctors, emergency rooms and, pharmacies in just 30 days to obtain thousands of pain pills. Asking you as an attorney, didn't he break multiple state and federal laws and committed multiple felonies? It still pisses me off that he wasn't arrested, prosecuted and sent to prison. Yeah, he's big and stinky as Hell but dammit put his ass in a protective custody cell on 23 hour lockdown. Disgraceful that Texas of all places let him get away with that shit.

Heh heh, I guess National Geographic is getting a workout from us; currently watching an excellent documentary called "After Hitler" a two-parter about post WWII Germany and all of the political, social and economic fallout. That bastard (Hitler) was just the evil, rancid gift that kept on giving. He and Steven would have probably been best friends.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Do you know which of the Assanti episodes TLC will be showing? 

TV Guide says it's a new episode but I don't think that's accurate.

TV Guide Description: As Steven heals from his weight loss surgery his brother Justin finally decides to come to Texas to get the same procedure but his feelings towards Steven immediately begin to sabotage his hopes of surgery...

TLC episode description: If Steve Sr. thought getting weight-loss surgery for both of his sons would help bring them together, the 3rd year of their weight-loss journey will prove him wrong, as Justin returns to Rhode Island with every intention of never speaking to Steven again.

My favorite part is TV Guide categorizes this show as REALITY / HEALTH. Ha.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Heh heh, I guess National Geographic is getting a workout from us; currently watching an excellent documentary called "After Hitler" a two-parter about post WWII Germany and all of the political, social and economic fallout.

I love the Drain shows, and be sure and watch the Thai cave rescue one.
I did go back and watch the show.  Does Roshandra ever smile? She'll be talking about she's feeling better, and doing better, but she still sounds so sad.

 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I love the Drain shows, and be sure and watch the Thai cave rescue one.
I did go back and watch the show.  Does Roshandra ever smile? She'll be talking about she's feeling better, and doing better, but she still sounds so sad.

 

Thanks @auntjess. I've seen the ads for Drain but haven't yet delved into them but will definitely check them out.

Heh heh, no I can't recall Roshanda ever smiling but just can't help thinking of her as "Rotunda" in my mind every time I see her mentioned, for obvious reasons.😊

  • Love 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

10 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I love the Drain shows, and be sure and watch the Thai cave rescue one.
I did go back and watch the show.  Does Roshandra ever smile? She'll be talking about she's feeling better, and doing better, but she still sounds so sad.

 

There was one brief moment during the episode in which she did a sort of half smile.  It was fleeting.  Otherwise her standard visage was a scowl.

This is one family that needs to get away from each other and build their own lives.  In Lola's office, all they did was support each other in wrong thoughts and behaviors.  It was useless to see them all together without knowing their separate issues. 

Brandi did appear to be stoned during the entire episode.  I suspect she enjoys marijuana on a very regular basis.  Sort of a wake and bake and keep it going until it's time for bed plan.  For her to gain 73 pounds in two months after surgery, she needed to almost constantly eat high calorie food.  I think she achieved that goal if not the one of weight loss. 

  • Love 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Brandi did appear to be stoned during the entire episode.  I suspect she enjoys marijuana on a very regular basis.  Sort of a wake and bake and keep it going until it's time for bed plan.  For her to gain 73 pounds in two months after surgery, she needed to almost constantly eat high calorie food.  I think she achieved that goal if not the one of weight loss. 

Certainly both in Dr.Now's at last visit, and at Lola's.  And I was surprised at how rude Clarence was to Lola.
I wouldn't have been surprised if Dr.Now had mentioned Brandi and drugs, because he's called out others for it.
I hope Roshanda continues to make a life for herself.  Which birthday was it for her?

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

So this clown posse is 18 munts into it and they are either gaining or barely losing and Dr. Now asks them each “what’s going on with your eating habit?” and each one of the lying liars that lie say “I don’t know, yadda yadda yadda getting back on track”.

If I were Dr. Now I’d have a big sore callous on my forehead from beating my head against the wall.

JF Tap Dancing C

Edited by kicotan
  • Love 5
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, kicotan said:

So this clown posse is 18 munts into it and they are either gaining or barely losing and Dr. Now asks them each “what’s going on with your eating habit?” and each one of the lying liars that lie say “I don’t know, yadda yadda yadda getting back on track”.

If I were Dr. Now I’d have a big sore callous on my forehead from beating my head against the wall.

JF Tap Dancing C

Dr. Now: I'm going to help you. Pounder, I expect you to wave a wand. I gained so much weight after eating a grape.

I usually go for JFC on a pogo stick. :)

 

Edited by nokat
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, auntjess said:

I hope Roshanda continues to make a life for herself.  Which birthday was it for her?

It's her last birthday.

  • Love 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Do you know which of the Assanti episodes TLC will be showing? The only thing I would like to see again is the scene where Dr. Now confronts Steven with a report that shows how he had visited dozens of doctors, emergency rooms and, pharmacies in just 30 days to obtain thousands of pain pills. Asking you as an attorney, didn't he break multiple state and federal laws and committed multiple felonies? It still pisses me off that he wasn't arrested, prosecuted and sent to prison. Yeah, he's big and stinky as Hell but dammit put his ass in a protective custody cell on 23 hour lockdown. Disgraceful that Texas of all places let him get away with that shit.

Taking my response to small talk.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was lured in by the TLC promo photo for this episode showing one of the Assanti brothers doing a squat with a trainer and tuned out real quick on the Ten Ton Fam.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

FYI, the original shows from 2019, are scheduled 5/24, tomorrow, and 8&10 PM, and again at midnight and 2AM.
This is on Discovery Life channel, NOT TLC.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't even make it to the halfway mark before turning this off and deleting it from the DVR. That was B.O.R.I.N.G. Aside from the same old song & dance of, "I don't know why I am not losing! It's an absolute mystery because I am doing everything you told me to!" from three people - we had to hear it from...what? Robots? Seriously, there was zero inflection, zero emotion - zip, zero, nada - coming from all three people. It was like a body shot of Botox up in there. 

Maybe this show has run its course for me...

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm actually watching Part 1 and 2 of this.     I'm mean, it's just to watch Roshanda's screaming fits any time she doesn't get her way.        Seeing them justify their choices at drive thru's is awful.      I guess they don't realize that their time is running out.     I may skip the ending of Part 2 with Brandie's rap career, especially since she looked so baked in that part.  

The nasty look on Roshoanda's face when she is told she gained over half of her weight loss back is funny.    Also, Dr. Etters that was working with Dr. Now on the two episodes is very nice.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post

OMG, I've been tuning in and out of this rerun and I totally forgot how depressing it was watching the women and Roshunda/Rotunda in particular. I had also forgotten how much I wanted to smack that pouty, spoiled toddler boo boo face Roshunda walks/waddles around with no matter what's going on in her life. I swear, if you were to tell her she had just won $100 million on a Powerball ticket she'd have that same expression.

  • Love 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I had this on last night and fell asleep while it ran.  Take this as a cautionary tale--do NOT do this to yourself.  You don't even want to know what kinds of dreams were evoked...

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, cynicat said:

I had this on last night and fell asleep while it ran.  Take this as a cautionary tale--do NOT do this to yourself.  You don't even want to know what kinds of dreams were evoked...

The same happened to me, but I'm happy to say no weird dreams resulted from it!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Somehow I missed the first go round of the One Ton Crew and I turned on TLC in the middle of the show just in time to see Brandy lumbering down the hallway of Dr. Now’s office. I figured, “I don’t recognize her, and she’s still big but must had her surgery...” she was followed by Clarence and I thought, “Another one? Even bigger? Are they a couple?” Finally Roshanda brought up the rear (in more ways than one) and I realized they were walking in superlative order, “big, bigger, biggest” 

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size