Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

ElectricBoogaloo

S04.E06: Lowkey Done

Recommended Posts

Quote

In need of some positive vibes after the block party, Issa goes out of her way to do good for random people across Los Angeles, eventually turning to an unlikely source for comfort; Kelli urges her friends to reconcile.

Promo:

Original air date: 5/17/20

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe “cultural curator” pays better than one would think.

Issa was going to buy over $100 of groceries for a stranger, provided a free Lyft to another stranger, then shared that gallon of wine with 3 more strangers while painting penises and got stuck with a big bill.

She also cleaned house then visited her mom.

All because she didn’t want to talk to Molly?

Probably better to let things cool down more, but next episode, Molly goes out of town so they may not be talking then either.

But it may take their mutual friends to smooth things over. Maybe have some gathering which they both will attend.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

I totally get why Issa did what she did. She took Molly’s accusation of being a user to heart, and she was truly questioning if she was, in fact, a user. That’s why she was going out of her way to help other people, to her detriment. To prove to herself that she wasn’t what Molly said she was. 
 

I remember that feeling when I had a falling out with my best friend years ago (we reconciled three years later, but our relationship is different now). I was seriously replaying every interaction I had with her and with other people and wondered for weeks before I released that pain and kept it moving. 

  • Love 18

Share this post


Link to post

Hated those women for ditching Issa. Although, it was a great reminder of how hard it is to make friends as an adult.

I remember an actress talking about how it was very difficult to make friends in LA. Though, these women were from the DC/Maryland area. I could not figure out if they were in town just for a bachelorette party or if they lived in LA. They were foul for what they did, wherever they’re from.

  • Love 21

Share this post


Link to post

George was funny and exacerbating. I get the feeling from his son's reaction when he was dropped off that they had not seen each other for a very long time. 😁

I agree that those women were foul and got the feeling a few times that something was off about them. Maybe I had that feeling because every nice thing Issa tried to do sort of went sideways before meeting them.

When Issa broke down in her mother's arms I felt that release of pain.

  • Love 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, scrb said:

Maybe “cultural curator” pays better than one would think.

Issa was going to buy over $100 of groceries for a stranger, provided a free Lyft to another stranger, then shared that gallon of wine with 3 more strangers while painting penises and got stuck with a big bill.

No, because she's still broke. Her card was declined buying groceries for the stranger. I still don't understand what her long-term plan for earning money is.

7 hours ago, qtpye said:

Hated those women for ditching Issa. Although, it was a great reminder of how hard it is to make friends as an adult.

I remember an actress talking about how it was very difficult to make friends in LA. Though, these women were from the DC/Maryland area. I could not figure out if they were in town just for a bachelorette party or if they lived in LA. They were foul for what they did, wherever they’re from.

I got the impression that they were just in town for the bachelorette, given what one of them asked about where to find men.

It really is hard to make friends as an adult. You can make work friends but those relationships generally end once someone moves on from the job. If you have kids you can befriend your kids' friends' parents. Sometimes you can make friends via hobby groups like running clubs, but Issa doesn't seem to have any hobbies.

I remember that Ethiopian restaurant from the pilot so it was a really nice callback to see Molly in there - I'm guessing it's one of "their" places.

Poor Keisha and her alopecia.

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

I totally get why Issa didn't want to be the one to reach out to Molly. I had a friend who was a bit selfish and I was always the one making the effort. When he moved out of state, I mailed him care packages and called him frequently to see how he was doing. When he moved back, I had moved out of LA but I would drive up to visit him. One night when we were on the phone, we got into a fight because he was being rude (he kept interrupting me and that's one of my pet peeves). I told him that if he couldn't be polite enough to let me finish my thought or sentence then I didn't want to talk to him anymore. We didn't speak for six months because I was tired of being the one who always made the effort.

It didn't affect me as much as it affected Issa because Molly is her long time BFF. At the time that I had this fight with my friend, we'd only known each other maybe seven or eight years and since we didn't live in the same city anymore, it wasn't like we saw each other in person every single day so it didn't affect my social life. Even so, I was just done with being the person who did all the work. So I totally get Issa just not wanting to be the one to reach out first because now it's like a game of chicken. How long is my supposed friend willing to go without speaking to me before they actually pick up their damn phone? Of course, the danger in that is the possibility that you never speak to each other again. Are you willing to lose your friend over this?

I felt so bad for Issa when those seemingly friendly girls ditched her. I am totally fine with bachelorette party scavenger hunts but I wold not feel comfortable doing mean or illegal things like dine and dash (or ditching a perfectly nice stranger). Paint all the cactus penises you want, but don't be an actual dick just because it's your bachelorette weekend.

  • Love 13

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

t really is hard to make friends as an adult. You can make work friends but those relationships generally end once someone moves on from the job. If you have kids you can befriend your kids' friends' parents. Sometimes you can make friends via hobby groups like running clubs, but Issa doesn't seem to have any hobbies.

I agree. I think the issue is more about being an adult than living in LA (as the poster above said that an actress claimed). Once you're in your 30s, people have their established friends. They have their childhood friends, their college friends, their work friends, their mommy friends, their gym friends, and sometimes their hobby friends. And at that age you have less free time than you did in college or your early 20s, so your routine becomes work during the day and errands like Target/grocery shopping/gym on the way home, and seeing your existing friends on the weekends. There just aren't as many opportunities to make new friends if that's your usual routine (as opposed to college when people would just wander into your dorm room and you were at parties with tons of new people or your early 20s when you went to bars and everyone had roommates so you were still meetings friends of friends frequently). 

And that's why I think it's even sadder that Issa and Condola are no longer friends. It is so rare to find someone you really click with when you're older, and it seemed like Condola accepted Issa for who she is (and without judgment) much more than her friend group of Tiffany, Molly, and Kelli (well mostly Molly and Tiffany).

  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post

This was an interesting episode. 

I root for Issa. I do.  So it was painful to see how Molly had gotten into her head.  And it is a shame because for all of Issa's faults (and she does have many), I don't think the show has ever made her out to be a user.  If anything I think she's remarkably scrappy being the one person in her close friends group who is constantly struggling.  Income disparity between close friends is a real stressor and can play out in painful ways, but that never seemed to be on of Issa's issues. 

I am so glad the public liked the block party -- that trifling "news" personality aside. 

George was hysterical, but man I would've left his ass at the convenience store.  He got himself a fun dip and didn't get Issa one. 

It was so nice to see Kyla Pratt (Penny Proud in the house!)  But man that was so cruel what she and those women did to Issa. I was confused about them a bit.  I thought Kyla lived in LA now and the two women were visiting from DC and came for her wedding.  If so wouldn't she know where to go in LA for stuff?  Or is LA a last hurrah bride and her girls bridal shower trip?   Also, because they were mean, I lowkey hope Miss Bride-to-be's husband really is a drug addict & wasn't play acting.  Karma bitch!

I adored the entire scene with her mom.  Now I want to see Stanley's twins especially Keisha with her alopecia.  I felt that hug for her.

I am glad Issa didn't go into the restaurant when she saw Molly sitting there.  Her nature would have had her reaching out and probably apologizing, when imo, she has nothing to apologize for. Issa is right, she has always made the first move whenever they had an argument.  And even if she didn't, Molly was the who really needs to make amends.  I hope next week we see that Molly isn't as unbothered as she looked in this brief glimpse we got of her.

And  that was the Ethiopian restaurant where Issa first came up with the term 'broken pussy' on the pilot ep.

This episode felt hella short, tho.

 

  • Love 7

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

George was hysterical, but man I would've left his ass at the convenience store.  He got himself a fun dip and didn't get Issa one.

Not even the convenience store - I'd have dropped him off at the next BUS STOP lol. You don't need to tolerate disparaging remarks and a crotchety attitude to prove you're a good person.

Edited by Eri
  • Love 10

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

It was so nice to see Kyla Pratt (Penny Proud in the house!)  But man that was so cruel what she and those women did to Issa. I was confused about them a bit.  I thought Kyla lived in LA now and the two women were visiting from DC and came for her wedding.  If so wouldn't she know where to go in LA for stuff?  Or is LA a last hurrah bride and her girls bridal shower trip?   Also, because they were mean, I lowkey hope Miss Bride-to-be's husband really is a drug addict & wasn't play acting.  Karma bitch!

I felt Issa's pain. Finally, it seemed as if her good deeds day was turning around, only for her to get used and left with the bill. And what kind of whacked-fuck proposal was that? "I'm addicted to you"? I can't. I wished Issa's dream sequence was real. Foul heffas. 

I think they were all in town for Kyla's bachelorette weekend. Unless I misunderstood, I don't think Kyla was LA based. 

I sided with Issa for not reaching out. It's always annoying being the person who has to reach out first and do the work in a friendship/relationship. It's too one-sided. No one is all right or all wrong all the time. 

George took me out when he said "you go from low ghetto to high ghetto and don't know nobody." 

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

George took me out when he said "you go from low ghetto to high ghetto and don't know nobody." 

George was so wrong, but damn if isn't  quote factory:

“I’ll slap a ***** to stay safe. Don’t let the rheumatoid fool ya, I still got grip.”

“I caught many a train in there, and I ain’t talking about Amtrak”  (I just about died with this one.)  😂

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe I’m being sensitive, but I thought that stunt the bridal party pulled was just mean, and not in the least bit funny.  Bad enough that they guzzled her wine, but skipping out on the check, too?  What trash.  I wish Issa had run into them for real.

I could’ve done without the scene with George, amusing as it was.  

Between Issa’s conversation with her mother and her responding to the positive questions for the party, the episode ended strong.  I get why she didn’t confront Molly.

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Maybe I’m being sensitive, but I thought that stunt the bridal party pulled was just mean, and not in the least bit funny.  

Fun is befriending a stranger.  Dinner with a stranger, even to meet a bachelorette challenge, is harmless fun.  Especially when all involved knew there would be no lasting friendship given the distance between them.

But leaving her with the check?  It's bad enough to do it to a restaurant but to do it to the stranger AND leave behind a note that it was all just a bachelorette joke? Awful.  I wish the dream of Issa smashing the pictures over their heads wasn't a dream.

  • Love 11

Share this post


Link to post

Shannon on the Scene. No, just no.

Effortless bars!

Nothing like choosing beggars. George was a trip. Except not on them bUbers.

Wendy Raquel Robinson doesn't seem to age. Melanin FTW.

That was so sad when Issa saw Molly and Mirror Bitch wouldn't tell her what to do. Guess she went with the "when in doubt, don't" option.

Molly ziplining looks like it'll be hilarious. Hope she and Andrew survive the trip.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

I dont blame Issa at all for not wanting to be the one to reach out to Molly, even when she actually saw Molly (at the place from the pilot!) in person. Not to sound like a kid, but Molly started this big dust up, even if its been boiling for some time now with both Molly and Issa making bad choices. She was the one who started a huge fight at Molly event, she was the one who acted like Issa stabbed her in the back when all she did was use her contacts to get her event done, Molly was the one who said all that awful stuff about Issa, if anyone should reach out, it should be her. 

Issa has many issues, and I think she can be rather self centered at times, but I dont at all think of her as a user. You can see how much that hurt Issa though, and is now going through all of her interactions with people to see if she really is a user and that Molly is right, so she goes about her day trying to prove how she isn't a user by helping random people, but of course it all goes poorly. At least she got a big mom hug at the end, she really freaking needed that. 

Fun seeing Kyla Pratt showing up as the bride, but those DC women can jump in a damn lake, what a bunch of assholes. I guess they are from DC and went to LA for the bachelorette party, even if it seems weird go all the way to LA to do stuff that they could do in DC like a sip and paint. I kept waiting for Issa hanging out with them to take a bad turn, as her whole day was just a whole mess of Issa trying to do good stuff and failing, but it seemed like she was really having fun with these girls and was really soaking up this lifelong friendship between them, and then it turned out they were just using her for their scavenger hunt, then ditched her with the bill. Its not bad enough to run off leaving her in a bathroom stall, but they dine and ditched her! What a crappy thing to do, I wish that her dream sequence had been real. Just because you paint dicks doesn't mean you can act like one. 

What was even sadder was Issa struggling so much after this big success, she was getting all these great comments about her event and how great it was, but all she could focus on was her fight with Molly. Now when she thinks back on the night that could set her career on the right path, now she will have to think about her big fight with Molly that could end her friendship. Losing a life long friend like Molly is such a tough, sad prospect, especially after such a nasty fight, especially considering I still dont totally get why Molly was so pissed at her, and I dont know if Issa really knows why either. 

  • Love 10

Share this post


Link to post

When Issa dropped George off, a hot young man opened the door for him, and said "Dad?". I thought for a second it was Lawrence, cuz they made a point of Issa driving away before the guy was shown. ...Anyway, I feel like we might be seeing him again.

I don't think Issa should make the first move, but I don't know why seeing Molly sitting there alone on her phone made Issa conclude that Molly was just fine and going about her business like nothing happened. Especially since Molly was at a place known for her and Issa to hang out. It speaks more to Issa's general insecurity than to how upset Molly really is. 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

This episode felt hella short, tho.

It was almost exactly 27 minutes long which is around how long Insecure episodes usually are. I think it felt a little shorter because so much happened so the time really flew by this week.

3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

George was hysterical, but man I would've left his ass at the convenience store.  He got himself a fun dip and didn't get Issa one. 

She was so much nicer than I would have been. It's one thing to be demanding when someone is giving you a free ride. It's another thing when you say you have to pee and stop to get a snack. RUDE!

 

3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I thought Kyla lived in LA now and the two women were visiting from DC and came for her wedding.  If so wouldn't she know where to go in LA for stuff?  Or is LA a last hurrah bride and her girls bridal shower trip?  

 

2 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I think they were all in town for Kyla's bachelorette weekend. Unless I misunderstood, I don't think Kyla was LA based. 

All three of the girls were from the DC area. The bride said she was from DC and that the other two were from Pretty Girl County (Prince George's County). And when the bride said that Issa was the plug, one of the bridesmaids said that all they had in Maryland were dusty outlets.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

So glad that issas party was a big success!

Nathan is so pretty that I keep forgetting why he isn't good for issa.  

I think it's kinda shitty that we don't get to see Molly getting worked over by Kelli and Tiffany.  Jump high, jump low, Molly was wrong, wrong, wrong.  Any conversation between issa and Molly needs to start with Molly apologizing.  

I think it was kinda BS for Kelli to try to guilt issa "so if she doesn't call it's going to be done?"..... Yeah, maybe?  If Molly can never be expected to swallow her pride, even when she thinks she is right than maybe the friendship doesn't really mean that much to her. 

Over and over issa has made the effort, because the friendship is important to her ...if it's not as important to Molly than maybe this should be the hill that issa dies on.  Like how much shit does Molly get away with before taking ANY accountability?  

She demands that issa take accountability but she has taken none.  

I expect that Tiffany and Kelli are just going to work the weaker link, which is issa.  And that's annoying. 

 

  • Love 13

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Fun is befriending a stranger.  Dinner with a stranger, even to meet a bachelorette challenge, is harmless fun.  Especially when all involved knew there would be no lasting friendship given the distance between them.

But leaving her with the check?  It's bad enough to do it to a restaurant but to do it to the stranger AND leave behind a note that it was all just a bachelorette joke? Awful.  I wish the dream of Issa smashing the pictures over their heads wasn't a dream.

That was cold blooded.  

I would have made sure to pay the whole thing if I was going to ditch someone who inadvertently helped me have fun during my girls weekend.  Is that really something to laugh about later, because at any age that just seems so mean and cruel. 

In an alternate universe I think that could have all worked out and been fun because I tend to think people aren't the absolute worst.  

Also, unless that woman had a gold brick or a $100 gift certificate in that small basket, no way should that have been $155.  Even with the Huggies.  

Mirror issa tried to warn real issa though.  

George was awful!  A cautionary tale if there ever was one!  But at least he was thankful in the end, though he was a giant pain in the ass.  Kinda wanna know what happens with his son.  

 

 

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

So glad that issas party was a big success!

Nathan is so pretty that I keep forgetting why he isn't good for issa.  

I think it's kinda shitty that we don't get to see Molly getting worked over by Kelli and Tiffany.  Jump high, jump low, Molly was wrong, wrong, wrong.  Any conversation between issa and Molly needs to start with Molly apologizing.  

I think it was kinda BS for Kelli to try to guilt issa "so if she doesn't call it's going to be done?"..... Yeah, maybe?  If Molly can never be expected to swallow her pride, even when she thinks she is right than maybe the friendship doesn't really mean that much to her. 

Over and over issa has made the effort, because the friendship is important to her ...if it's not as important to Molly than maybe this should be the hill that issa dies on.  Like how much shit does Molly get away with before taking ANY accountability?  

She demands that issa take accountability but she has taken none.  

I expect that Tiffany and Kelli are just going to work the weaker link, which is issa.  And that's annoying. 

 

Sorry, to go off topic, but if y’all could just bear with me.


There is a concept in romantic relationships called a reacher and settler. Basically, it means that all relationships there is one person who (lets just use marriage for example) who marries down and one who married up. The reacher will always have to work harder in the relationships. 

I knew a lady who was usually the settler in her relationships. She did this because it gave her a lot of power in the relationship dynamic. However, she had to deal with friends and family who commented that she only dated “losers”.

Well. she ended up marrying a man that was considered a “catch”. He was smart, good looking, and made way more money than her.

They have been married for a decade and she does all the work in the relationship. She does all the cooking, house cleaning, child care, and keeping up with her career, to somewhat be on his level.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because one time she got into a fight with her husband where he was dead wrong (not cheating or abuse, but arrogance). She left the house and thought her family & friends would support her. EVERYONE told her to go back to him and make things right. The reasoning was she was never going to get anything better out there, particularly as she is getting older, and it was on her to make things right.

This reminds me of Issa’s situation except this is a platonic female friendship. Everyone thinks Molly is a real catch as a friend. She is attractive, smart, successful, and Issa is leveled up just by being round her. Heck, Issa even said as much in the pilot. This is probably why everyone thinks the onus is on Issa to make things right, even though Molly is the one who let Issa down and acted a fool on her important day.

The problem is that Issa is sick of this dynamic. She is the one who needs support and Molly’s arrogance did not like this change in the dynamic.

3 hours ago, RealReality said:

That was cold blooded.  

I would have made sure to pay the whole thing if I was going to ditch someone who inadvertently helped me have fun during my girls weekend.  Is that really something to laugh about later, because at any age that just seems so mean and cruel. 

In an alternate universe I think that could have all worked out and been fun because I tend to think people aren't the absolute worst.  

Also, unless that woman had a gold brick or a $100 gift certificate in that small basket, no way should that have been $155.  Even with the Huggies.  

Mirror issa tried to warn real issa though.  

George was awful!  A cautionary tale if there ever was one!  But at least he was thankful in the end, though he was a giant pain in the ass.  Kinda wanna know what happens with his son.  

 

 

Lord, I hate that Issa let Molly in her head like that. Issa is not a user but she can be passive to the point of seeming quite flaky because she avoids confrontations at all costs.

She also does not think before she acts. I knew she could not afford to pay for that lady’s groceries when she volunteered for a lot of reasons. Mainly, because Issa often leaps before thinking like how she really did not have a post block party plan beyond driving Lyft? Also, I don’t need to tell you how the Rona has really hurt these types of side hustles.

The ladies ditching her hurt because I really wanted Issa to get a win. Her awesome block party was ruined by Molly to the point of her not being able to enjoy her own success.

  • Love 9
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

@qtpye - I just wanted to tell you how thought provoking and interesting your post was.  I didn't want to requote it though.  Interesting about your friend who was the reacher. 

My sister's ex boyfriend before her husband started out as the reacher, but his business blew up and he became quite wealthy and by that measure he became the settler.  

When he did my sister dirty a lot of people encouraged her to give it another shot (not me, that bastard is dead to me).  

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

One more free week @RealReality. DirecTV had HBO preview week through yesterday. 🤣

11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

No, because she's still broke. Her card was declined buying groceries for the stranger. I still don't understand what her long-term plan for earning money is.

Right? I used to do HUGE event planning - which I love! - as a side hustle all through school and my first jobs after undergrad and law school. Then one day it hit me that I did all that work for not nearly enough money. Hella fun but always hustling. Always. It's why I won't date "promoters" to this day.

10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

And that's why I think it's even sadder that Issa and Condola are no longer friends. It is so rare to find someone you really click with when you're older, and it seemed like Condola accepted Issa for who she is <snip>.

Maaaaaan...bump Condola's old too-immature-for-adult-relationships ass. She couldn't be honest with Lawrence that he was just a fuckboi and couldn't get over herself to be there for Issa when she knew her participation was critical. What was she so uncomfortable about anyway? She dumped Lawrence (implied) and Issa was sucking it up that they were even together.

7 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

<snip> I still dont totally get why Molly was so pissed at her, and I dont know if Issa really knows why either. 

Consciously Molly is pissed that after she felt she explicitly blocked Issa's path to Andrew, Issa got help from Andrew anyway by going through Nathan. She feels that was going behind her back and being a user. Subconsciously Molly is uncomfortable with and in denial of the changes in Issa. (As is Issa with those in Molly.)

5 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think it's kinda shitty that we don't get to see Molly getting worked over by Kelli and Tiffany.  <snip>

Over and over issa has made the effort, because the friendship is important to her ...if it's not as important to Molly than maybe this should be the hill that issa dies on.  Like how much shit does Molly get away with before taking ANY accountability?  

I'm hoping that this was the "Issa's side" episode and we get to see the same pressure/contemplation by Molly next week in what appears to be the "Molly's side" episode. Though the previews didn't appear to reflect that. I still have hope. Don't let me down Show!

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

There is a concept in romantic relationships called a reacher and settler. Basically, it means that all relationships there is one person who (lets just use marriage for example) who marries down and one who married up. The reacher will always have to work harder in the relationships. 
<snip>

This reminds me of Issa’s situation except this is a platonic female friendship.

I love this analogy @qtpye! ITA with everything you wrote. And it's much nicer than the one me and my friends call "The Racehorse and the Donkey."

  • Love 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, talktoomuch said:

I'm hoping that this was the "Issa's side" episode and we get to see the same pressure/contemplation by Molly next week in what appears to be the "Molly's side" episode. Though the previews didn't appear to reflect that. I still have hope. Don't let me down Show!

This season seems like it is about Issa and Molly fixing what is broken about themselves.  But in the process of doing that they end up breaking their friendship.  It is almost like the cosmos is telling you can't have it all.  To get one thing your heart desires you have to lose something else.

This episode felt like it was finally addressing those areas that Issa needed to fix, namely her career and her confidence.  To me, this episode represented a turning point for Issa, even while it had to also show the painful process of the cost of that growth -- namely Molly.

Based on the previews I am thinking Molly's ep will be the same.  Molly's thing she needed to fix was how she approached relationships and it feels like what she has with Andrew is healthy.  Healthier than we've ever seen Molly with someone in the entire course of the show.  But she did 'choose' her relationship with Andrew over her relationship with Issa in a way.  So I am guessing we will see a mirror version of Issa's ep.  How Molly has to process what she lost in attaining this goal.

  • Love 5
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, RealReality said:

@qtpye - I just wanted to tell you how thought provoking and interesting your post was.  I didn't want to requote it though.  Interesting about your friend who was the reacher. 

My sister's ex boyfriend before her husband started out as the reacher, but his business blew up and he became quite wealthy and by that measure he became the settler.  

When he did my sister dirty a lot of people encouraged her to give it another shot (not me, that bastard is dead to me).  

 

Quote

I love this analogy @QTPYE! ITA with everything you wrote. And it's much nicer than the one me and my friends call "The Racehorse and the Donkey."

 

Thanks so much.  I just love being on this board and having the ability to have conversations about a show I love with intelligent people.

 

She added in that there could be a case of Molly being a little jealous because things seem to come easily for Issa.

Edited by qtpye · Reason: Edited to add Video
  • Love 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, qtpye said:

There is a concept in romantic relationships called a reacher and settler. Basically, it means that all relationships there is one person who (lets just use marriage for example) who marries down and one who married up. The reacher will always have to work harder in the relationships. 

I read a magazine article about this concept in high school and the terms they used were "one up" and "one down." I mentioned this to my boyfriend at the time and he immediately said, "Why can't I be the one up?" which just made me laugh at the thought of a couple sitting down on their first date and having a discussion to decide who would be who.

I think there are definitely some relationships where the two people are pretty even and that's when you see a good relationship because the power dynamic is more balanced. But in those one up/one down reacher/settler relationships, you can tell who thinks they're the shit and deserve to be catered to and who thinks they're lucky to have landed this person and is always scrambling to please them. Unfortunately, I have seen some situations where the man thinks he is the one up based solely on the fact that he makes more money and it just makes me shake my head. Money doesn't make up for having a shit personality and a stank attitude.

  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/21/2020 at 4:59 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

He Said/She Said - Molly and Andrew

 

That was too damn cute! Loved it.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size