Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: You Can't Live Like This

• Start Topic

(edited)

II'm at episode 3, and Judy is REALLY annoying me with her whining and guilt.  Sobbing about Steve's soul and his fear of confined spaces.  WTF?  Her wackiness in Season 1 was fine, but they need to dial it back.  Steve was a monumental slimebag.  

And the you-know-whats just freaked me out.  I almost turned it off.  

Edited by leighdear
5 hours ago, preeya said:

This is getting boring. Three episode and it hasn't moved one bit.

Yes.  Too many ''YIKES!" moments where someone almost gets caught or something.  After several of these I find myself not reacting knowing it will be a simple fix.  

• Love 3

I knew they would use a power outage to move things along with Steve's body in the freezer. Too obvious. 

I forgot about the creepy girl from last season. lol

We don't need a plot about that assisted living resident's daughter. Pointless.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, ShortyMac said:

I knew they would use a power outage to move things along with Steve's body in the freezer. Too obvious. 

I forgot about the creepy girl from last season. lol

I was waiting for that power outage,too.  Very obvious.  Yeah, the creepy daughter! I dont think I'd want my fairly innocent son hanging around with her-- she seems the type to think it's fun to catch a kitten and say,''Let's see what's inside it''...  Yikes.

Also not interested AT ALL in the resident's daughter storyline.  That should have ended when the cigar box was found and returned. Just drama that isn't needed.  Although, now I'm worried Judy will be dumb enough to tell her something that puts them in more jeopardy.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

The first season was excellent, but it seems this season is not going to be as good. There was a LOT of plot to unfold in Season One, whereas this season it's only "will they get caught." ...Oh, and also "who will sleep with Steve's twin."

Jen is even more super brittle and shrill, and I cannot root for her at all now, cuz she flat out murdered Steve, who didn't deserve it. So I want her to get caught.  

I am glad Steve had a twin though, cuz I like the actor. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

The first season was excellent, but it seems this season is not going to be as good. There was a LOT of plot to unfold in Season One, whereas this season it's only "will they get caught." ...Oh, and also "who will sleep with Steve's twin."

Jen is even more super brittle and shrill, and I cannot root for her at all now, cuz she flat out murdered Steve, who didn't deserve it. So I want her to get caught.  

I am glad Steve had a twin though, cuz I like the actor. 

'super brittle and shrill'--- Perfect description!  It makes me feel all uncomfortable.  And then I look for my Corona treats for comfort and they're disappearing proportional to my butt getting bigger! 😑

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Aww, but I love Natalie Morales, so I'm ok with it. Plus, SPOILERS!! (no spoilers here)

• Love 4
19 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

She's just about the only character I'm actually interested in now tbh. It does seem pointless but I love Natalie Morales so I'm OK with it for now. Also, I feel like there's no way that doesn't go somewhere. Whether or not it's a good somewhere, I don't know lol.

I agree that it's boring and also I am super over Judy and Jen. Linda Cardellini's cry face just annoys me now and it's literally the only face she ever has so. And I'm not a fan of them having Jen straight-up murder Steve.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

Aww, but I love Natalie Morales, so I'm ok with it. Plus, SPOILERS!! (no spoilers here)

I was talking about the character within the episode, and speculating, not spoiling. My bad.

13 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

I was talking about the character within the episode, and speculating, not spoiling. My bad.

Apologies, I wasn't pointing fingers! I was trying to say, if I said anything more about the character it would be spoilers, so I wasn't going to post spoilers. (Sorry, River Song from Doctor Who would always say, "Spoilers!" if people asked about time travel., but she probably doesn't apply here.)  It gets better.

• LOL 1
20 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am super over Judy and Jen. Linda Cardellini's cry face just annoys me now and it's literally the only face she ever has so. And I'm not a fan of them having Jen straight-up murder Steve.

I think she's the one that should have been murdered.

• LOL 3
22 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

And I'm not a fan of them having Jen straight-up murder Steve.

What was that bird made of that it was a lethal weapon? It looked like it was carved from wood. 🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I was thinking he same thing as everybody else. Boring and slow moving. But I wonder if our expectations were too high after the excellent 1st season.  

Seems strange that a fine home in a clean neighborhood would have a rat infestation.  But I guess it moves the plot along

2 hours ago, Kirkydee said:

I was thinking he same thing as everybody else. Boring and slow moving. But I wonder if our expectations were too high after the excellent 1st season.  

Seems strange that a fine home in a clean neighborhood would have a rat infestation.  But I guess it moves the plot along

A fine home in a clean neighborhood with a dead body in the freezer. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Kirkydee said:

4 hours ago, Seelouis said:

A fine home in a clean neighborhood with a dead body in the freezer. 

At least according to our exterminator, the likelihood of a rat infestation is not so much a reflection on the price or cleanliness of your home.  More likely, the result of your neighbor(s) getting rid of their infestation and closing off the entry points on their houses.

And, yikes, I was waiting to find out they had chewed their way up into the freezer 😞

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

At the end of last season I speculated that the plot for this season would be that Judy had made an immunity deal with the cops - turning in Steve for money laundering in exchange for her not getting charged on the hit & run - but with Steve dead they'd have to pretend he's alive until her deal was sealed.  Hijinks would ensue.  At this point I'm really sad they didn't go that direction.  I'm with everyone else - this is dragging and nowhere near as fun as last season.  It's all a big downer with a few zingy one liners here and there.

• Love 1

Spoiler

I find the scene where the rats come rushing out from underneath the freezer hilarious! Haha! I watched it 3 times! Jen looks down and tries to hit one, and Judy says No! Don’t hurt them!

at first I thought it was an eye roll they made Steve have a twin brother, but Ben has grown on me. Shandy is one strange kid! 

I binged the whole series in 2 days. Now I have to wait a year to see what happens. 

• Love 3

The paranoid part of me was convinced that the new resident's daughter is an undercover cop/fed trying to get as much info out of Judy about Steve as she can.

Although the rat problem did seem a little too convenient, I'm just glad it got them to get Steve's body out of the house. I couldn't believe Jen thought that she could just keep it in the freezer for seven years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2