Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Cause of Death

I liked this episode and would have liked to have seen what would have happened with the investigative of the Mayor. 

Glad that Cooper came around and supported Tommy. 

• Love 8

I really enjoyed this show, especially Tommy and the supporting characters.  Glad Buddy fired his assistant.  The situation with the mayor would have been a good storyline for a second season. 

I'm sorry CBS didn't give the show a chance.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

You can basically see the same show in Dick Wolf’s show “The FBI.” 

Just not quite as blatantly wish fulfillment.

I really liked Tommy's crew ... very well cast!!!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

You can basically see the same show in Dick Wolf’s show “The FBI.” 

For whatever reason, I just can't get hooked on that show the way I did Tommy.  It was one Mr. Callie & I both enjoyed, too.  

• Love 2

I believe most of us thought this was the final episode (S01 E12), but I've read there will be a #13 aired on 5/14/2020.

Does anyone know if this is true?

16 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

I don't see it on the schedule in the next week (as far ahead as my cable schedule guide shows), and the last episode on IMDB.COM is "Cause Of Death".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10327412/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

Same. My DVR doesn’t have a new episode scheduled for tonight. I think CBS could have given it another season. It’s a good premise. Maybe Commissioner Reagan could have made a guest appearance to boost ratings, he was her boss...

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 4:40 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

I was surprised Tommy lasted as long as it did.

I wonder if having a highly respected actor like Edie Falco for the lead made the writers and other show runners too laissez faire for the show’s own good. 
Like maybe she made everything she delivered look so good that they didn’t see the flaws, and maybe got complacent about her ability to make anything look good. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I wonder if having a highly respected actor like Edie Falco for the lead made the writers and other show runners too laissez faire for the show’s own good. 
Like maybe she made everything she delivered looked so good that they didn’t see the flaws, and maybe got complacent about her ability to make anything look good. 

They just regurgitated woke plots with woefully inept acting. No tension. No surprises. No originality. Falco sleepwalked through the whole thing.

Bet she made a load of money. Good for her.

• Love 1

Yeesh. I thought the writing and acting were both good. I loved Mayor Buddy, definitely the most interesting character on the show and well-played by Thomas Sadoski.

The final scene of Tommy getting a call about an investigation of Mayor Buddy, before Tommy and the Mayor walk together shoulder-to-shoulder to face the future, was very well-done and set things up nicely for a season two.

'Twas not to be, but it was fun while it lasted.

• Love 8

I didn't realize that Tommy was cancelled until I came here. I think they should have given it another season. I liked the writing and acting (with a diverse cast) as well. 

I was so happy when Mayor Buddy fired his deputy mayor -- that dude was the biggest sleezeball of them all.

I am bummed but c'est la vie. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I just watched this whole show, and I am really sad to hear that it was cancelled. It wasnt re-inventing the wheel or anything, but I enjoyed it a lot. It had a great cast, a great leading actor, and I thought that focusing on a police chief of a major city, instead of a beat cop or detective like in most cop shows, added an interesting dynamic to the show. 

Buddy was probably my favorite character, I enjoyed his shades of grey and that he ended up siding with Tommy, and in my favorite scene of the season, fired his scumbag deputy mayor. I would have liked to see what happened next, but this was a pretty good finale for a finale that wasnt supposed to be a finale.  

Still, I am glad that I watched. It was a short ride, but a fun one. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7