Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21/22: Miracles / The Mountain

TWO-HOUR SERIES FINALE

"Miracles" - Miles helps his new friend suggestion, C.J. (Lonnie Chavis), a young boy who claims an angel wants him to reunite his father, Corey (Cornelius Smith, Jr.), the creator of the God Account's original algorithm, with Corey's estranged father.

"The Mountain" - Miles is forced to examine his lack of faith more than ever before when the God Account sends him his sister, Ali, as a friend suggestion on the eve of her cancer surgery.

Airdate: April 26, 2020

god-friended-me-221-miles-corey-1014x570.jpg

god-friended-me-222-hospital-waiting-room-1014x570.jpg

• Love 1

As soon as Miles started talking about his sister's heart condition and then smacked his head on the subway I was certain he had a brain bleed and this show would end with a heart transplant.

I spent the rest of the episode waiting for Chekhov's goose egg.

I'm glad that isn't how it ended but I was a little soured on how it did end.

Its fine if this was all a journey for Miles to find his faith again but I didn't like the implication that Ali's life was held in the balance to kind of force his capitulation. 

• Love 7

I admit to having tears in my eyes at the end...it had obvious tear-jerker moments, but I like all the characters so I was happy with how it ended.   Everyone's life ended up the way it was supposed to.  And Hello Young Randall :)(from TIU)

• Love 10

Yeah, the ending felt rushed but they really had to. I wish CBS hadn't canceled it but for two year,s it was a great show and I'll love it for a long time.

The ending was a bit vague but I think it was perfect as it pretty much left the viewer to decide what the GA really was. 

It hurts to say goodbye but I am hoping for a miracle overall...

..and to anyone who might think the ending sucks, let me just offer that no matter how they ending it, it's still 100x better than How I Met Your Mother's ending.

An ending should make you glad you invested time in a show..not make you feel a fool for watching...and God Friended Me never made me regret my time spent.

• Love 11

When they found out about Ali's heart condition, I thought to myself "There's about a negative 20 % chance ( no chance, really) that anything would happen other than her coming out fine and on the mend. It would just be so out of character for this show to actually kill her off. 

I'm a little disappointed that that's all we got at the end with regards to the GA, but then I really didn't expect an answer as to who's doing it. I was hoping, but was pretty sure it would be another lead that went no where. Because, at this point, what can they say ? I can't really believe that any human being, no matter how smart or tech savvy there were, could possibly have all that knowledge to be able to connect things like they did. And if the show had said it was God, I suspect most people wouldn't like that either. They kind of painted themselves into a corner, unless you just accept the premise as helping people just to be helping, without asking the deeper question. So I guess that's how it's going to have to be.

I wonder, though, if anything had been written for the new season ? I wonder who "she" was going to be ? 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, willco said:

I wonder, though, if anything had been written for the new season ? I wonder who "she" was going to be ? 

My impression was that the 1 year later part with Miles on the mountain (and the narration about both couples re-uniting) was tacked on once they knew it was cancelled. I think if we had a season 3, it would not have ended with the "she's waiting for you" part. But maybe I am wrong about that.

I just want to say, I love that they used "she" in that final line Regardless of whether that it is supposed to be a genius programmer in that cabin or an actual god, it works for me.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Emily was treated abominably by TPTB at the end.  She was a nullity.  We were not supposed to notice.  Oopsie.

They insisted on going out with the big lie that Cara's lack of faith and commitment to Miles was directly related to the same for the GA.  How many different times did we hear the rehash of Miles' regret of walking away.  HELLO!!!!!!  Cara had already walked!  Miles failed to go after her.  Best decision he ever made.

I very much enjoyed the penultimate ep.  Corey knows dang well that Alphonse had excellent reason to cut ties abruptly and with malice.  It was a very nice twist to see a major focus of a GA adventure, in this case Corey, get it and act accordingly!  

So...did the GA die and was resurrected?  Was it ever actually dead?  Did it truly even need a 3rd party to rewrite/patch code?  Or....was it of God?  With this arc, I believe the show took a final position of this being an unanswerable question.  Fair enough.  What was not fair was the final exposition of the "year in Miles," post Ali's surgery.  Did he, or did he not, continue to receive "Suggestions" or was he led by the GA in any other way?  Did the gang just decide to collectively quit?  Dirty pool, show.

I give the show credit for never taking away Miles' core conceits.  Tonight was a great one:  Ali needed HIM to bring her the Bible on time else she die.  Never change, dude.    

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I admit to having tears in my eyes at the end...it had obvious tear-jerker moments, but I like all the characters so I was happy with how it ended.   Everyone's life ended up the way it was supposed to.  And Hello Young Randall :)(from TIU)

My sentiments as well. 

• Love 6

I thought the ending, while not horrible, was just as I had predicted in a previous episode thread - that they'd do something just like on the finale of "The Middle" and show future events in the last five minutes to "tie everything up", and that it would be something they retrofitted onto a regular season finale in order to rename it a "series finale".  It felt rushed and unsatisfying.  It's great that Miles and Cara got back together now that we can't enjoy them.  Thanks a lot for waiting until the very end, show.  That just shows me that they really didn't know it was going to be the "very end" until it was too late to make them happen a little more slowly.  Some things had to be left out, and some brought way too fast to a conclusion, like Jaya.  Wow, how convenient was THAT?  OK, I guess.

I didn't hate the way they left things off with the God Account, though.  I also had predicted some time ago that they would likely pick an ending that everyone could read whatever they chose to believe into, and not just give us one very specific answer that might let a significant portion of the audience down.  The ambiguity of who "she" is leaves it up to one's hopes and imagination, or whatever one wants to get out of it.  Among the things I considered is that "she" is a vision of MIles' mom, since she is the person he originally became an atheist over, and this is his way of resolving and coming full circle with that.  Maybe it was an intentional "cliff hanger" (literally, LOL) in case the show is ever sold to another network, remote though that possibility may be.  I don't know, I'm not really settled on any answer yet and will continue to mull it over.

I did have a reality nit-pick with the subway scene, though.  First of all, it hasn't been possible to walk between cars for decades now, so that's a mistake, plus those windows to the operator's or conductor's cabins are pretty much unbreakable let alone with something as flimsy as an umbrella.  And as much as they tried to sell Miles as the authority figure there the MTA would be all over that right away and be the ones giving the instructions to the passengers via the PA system.

While I didn't really love season 2 and think they could have handled things better, at least I'm not offended by the ending.  It could have been handled better but I don't think it was bungled.  I will truly miss this show.

• Love 6
(edited)

"Miracles":  The reveals about the "angel" were predictable, but I don't think anyone could have predicted, "oh, BTW, I was CIA". But ... not everyone who works for the CIA is like a "spy"/field operative, so Alphonse's excuse for abandoning his family seemed really thin to me. Also that one phone call would let Corey get off scot-free for misusing government property. But sure, whatever.

Imagine having two attractive leads with great chemistry, putting their characters together but then breaking them up midway in the season, and introducing a lifeless love triangle, only to get cancelled anyway. Tragic.

Again, I'm glad Ali's got a significant storyline and getting some depth, but I wish it hadn't come so late.

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure, but I think I recognized that football field; I believe it's at a high school in the Bronx.

Not even gonna try to pretend to make sense of any of the (pseudo-)tech talk, but the God Account isn't just code, right? Even if there isn't someone directly running it now, there was someone to start it, right? Are we ever going to find that person?

"Mountain": Anyone have any idea which mountain they filmed at?

I don't see why they felt the need to exit Cara's family, and so quickly.

Yeah -- so as someone who rode the subway for years, that's not how subway emergencies work. If they just needed something to delay Miles, and involve a previous Friend Suggestion, I felt they could have done something else, and with someone more memorable; but that's not a huge deal.

I'm disappointed that Rakesh didn't have a bigger role in these last two episodes.

So it looks like they had some advance notice that this would be the end, but not much notice at all, actually. I feel like the only things that were resolved onscreen was Ali and her cancer arc, and Miles and the question of his faith. Everything else was tacked on with the voiceover. I'm really surprised they didn't film a reconciliation/restart between Miles and Cara. (or Rakesh and Jaya, but they're not the main romance.) Or maybe they did, but it didn't fit as a series ending?

I was never especially invested in the who/what behind the God Account, but it's a little surprising - but understandable - that it wasn't addressed in the finale.

One fashion note: I really liked Emily's colorblock sweater.

----

So I will miss this show, and I've singled out Brandon before, but I like ALL the actors, and i hope I can see them in some other projects soon.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 6

I linked a few interviews in the Media thread, and it shows that they did the best they could with wrapping things up the way they did; because they did not have advance notice that the show was cancelled, and they didn't get to finish film all the scenes planned for the finale because of the pandemic shutdowns.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I’m really glad they put Miles and Cara back together, and even gladder they left the identity of the God Account up to interpretation. But the way it was all tied up so neatly in the last two minutes was pretty much an anti-climax. 

I was already upset about the series ending, so I’m not sure any ending would have pacified me. But such a superficial narration of all the great things that happened was like one sprinkle on an otherwise delicious ice cream cone. Why didn’t they just throw in world peace while they were at it? 

• Love 7

The ending was clearly rushed after the show got cancelled (especially the whole "we all got together later its all good! Voice over), but for what they could do in the time they did, I am glad with the ending we got. We got happy endings for all of the characters, we got at least some closure on plots like Ali having cancer, and I teared up during the whole last podcast with the montage of previous Friend Suggestions. This season has struggled at various times, especially with the needless Cara and Miles drama, but I still love this show and I am so sad to see it ending. 

So Corey's daddy issues are so massive, that he is in the process of giving his son his own daddy issues and the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon and on and on. It was a nice Friend Request to go out on, it had the themes that this show really excels at, while also tying into the plot, while giving us some answers as well as keeping things ambiguous.

Speaking of ambiguity, I am really happy with how they ended things with the God Account itself, and that they didn't give us a definitive answer, but instead allowed us to make up our own minds, or just enjoy the ambiguity. Thats really how I always wanted this plot to end, I feel like giving us a definitive answer would be "choosing a side" in a way that the show never has, saying that either the people that believe the GA is tech or divine are "wrong" and the other is right. Keeping it ambiguous to the very end lets us draw our own conclusions, and it fits into the greater themes of the show. It doesn't really matter what the GA really is, what matters is that it allowed Miles to help people. While your own belief or lack thereof certainly matters to the individual, at the end of the day, what really matters is that your a good person and you treat people with kindness and empathy, that you make the world a better place, even if its one person and one good deed at a time. Its not our differences that are the most important, but our similarities, and even our differences can be celebrated, not feared or hated. What did Miles find in the mountains? Is She a master coder? God? An super intelligent computer who tells Miles that the meaning of life is 42? Who knows, because thats not what the point of the show really was. Its not about the answers, its about the quest to find them and how that quest can change you and the world for the better.

Well at least I buy that Cara and Miles would get back together pretty easily, presumably Cara woke up and realized that her dumping Miles was the stupidest and most pointless thing she had ever done, and ran off to get back with him, as its clearly what they really wanted! 

I hope that all these actors find other projects soon, I will gladly follow them to another show, they are all so likable and dynamic. And while I have complained about this season a bit, I still am glad we got two seasons, and that I am going to really miss it.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7

Wait - Miles is going to be Doctor Strange???

Yeah, well it's not as bad as HIMYM - few endings are (looking at you BSG). But all the saccharine voice-over in the end couldn't sugar-coat the fact that Miles got pummeled back into having faith, YMMV.

They had to rush the ending and so I'm not going to vent more than this. It was a show that managed to get the balance between feel-good and though-provoking right more often than not - and that's pretty rare. So thanks show and thanks to all here for the great conversations.

• Love 1

Kind of rough to have to do the wrap-ups through flashbacks, but hey, at least they got to wrap things up well enough! Thank goodness they were told that the show was canceled before they wrapped on the episode, because that would suck otherwise (with the series ending with Miles and Cara just friends). 

• Love 6

I thought the finale worked about as well as it could, given all the constraints they had to work with.  I like that it ended with ambiguity regarding The God Account.  We don't know, and we never will.

It would have been nice to get just one scene during the actual episode of Miles and Cara maybe getting back together.  When they hugged in the hallway, maybe just a look in her eyes, or something.  Instead, the voice-over had to tell us that they did eventually get back together.  It seems to me that they might have shot something like that "just in case".

Oh well, this was a nice feel-good Sunday evening show, and it worked more often than not.  That recap montage at the ending, showing us some of the many people Miles and Company have helped, helped remind me of that.  Some of them, I actually got a little teary just seeing them again; the feelings came back.  I didn't expect that, but it was nice.  I'll take it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The ending was clearly rushed after the show got cancelled (especially the whole "we all got together later its all good!), but for what they could do in the time they did, I am glad with the ending we got. We got happy endings for all of the characters, we got at least some closure on plots like Ali having cancer, and I teared up during the whole last podcast with the montage of previous Friend Suggestions. This season has struggled at various times, especially with the needless Cara and Miles drama, but I still love this show and I am so sad to see it ending. 

This just about sums it up for me - I knew the show couldn't possibly have had much time to craft a decent ending given how late in the game the cancellation was announced.  Given what they were up against, this was actually better than it could have been.  So sad...It sounds from that interview that next season would have been better than this one.  I get it that they were trying to go for the drama in having both Miles and Rakesh break up with the loves of their lives and then have a big meaningful reconciliation in the next season.  It sounds to me like perhaps they were lead on to think there would be a 3rd season or they wouldn't have taken those steps.  It's too bad because now we'll never see the show get back on track.

I still wonder how much the pandemic affected the final decision to cancel the show.  I know the ratings had gone down this season but were they really bad enough to cancel the show altogether?  I don't really have a sense for that and I'd like to know if anyone knows of any point of comparison.  I know that when "The Kids are Alright" was cancelled it had better ratings than at least two other shows on its network that were renewed, so it was obvious that it wasn't cancelled due to poor ratings.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Trini said:

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure, but I think I recognized that football field; I believe it's at a high school in the Bronx.

It did look like the Bronx, didn't it?  I'm from the Bronx and lived there for the first 33 years of my life.  For the life of us, neither my husband (who drives for a living and can recognize anywhere in NYC in a hot minute) nor  I could place it.  It was obviously near an elevated highway that was passing behind them.  They had changed the name on the signs to read "Harlem High School" or something ridiculous like that (they gave everything in this show the name "Harlem" like it was in small town America, which is not how things go in Harlem)  LOL.  At first I thought could it be the Bruckner or one of the elevated sections of I-95 or the Hutch?  But no, I couldn't find any high school near any highway in the Bronx that looked like that.  Perhaps it's in Queens.  We thought it looked a bit like Queens, but I checked out a few high schools near highways there and couldn't find it either.  There's pretty much nowhere in Manhattan that looks like that, we're sure of that, so the mystery continues.

Also, the hospital they focused on all the time is really New York Presbyterian, the hospital where both hubbie and I were born, and it's not called "New York General" LOL.

~Sigh~  I will miss this show.....

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Trini said:

Yeah -- so as someone who rode the subway for years, that's not how subway emergencies work.

Yeah. I've sat on the subway for way longer than that. New Yorkers wouldn't be that pressed about getting off right now; they would grouse about being late to wherever but they wouldn't be like "Everybody off!" and trying to break into the conductor's car. 

I cried a lot. When the doctor came out and said Ali was going to be OK and they were all hugging, I was bawling.

I don't really care about Jaya but I love Rakesh so if he's happy, I'm happy. I love his and Miles' friendship. When Rakesh said he wasn't going to say he knew Ali would be OK, that he was more scared than he had ever been, I was really moved by that. It said to me that he was really in it with Miles. Rakesh is a real one.

I hope both Brandon Michael Hall and Joe Morton land somewhere. Joe Morton is 72 and might want to just chill for a while, but I love listening to him talk. 🙂 And Brandon Michael Hall is very charming and I enjoy watching him (he was great in The Mayor too).   He has a gorgeous smile. There are a lot of actors, particularly Black actors, where I think "S/he should be way more famous than s/he is," and I don't want him to be one of them - I want him to blow up. (For a VERY different turn, watch the last two or three episodes of Power - he plays the son in a father/son team of assassins, basically, and his father is played by Cedric the Entertainer).

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yeah. I've sat on the subway for way longer than that. New Yorkers wouldn't be that pressed about getting off right now; they would grouse about being late to wherever but they wouldn't be like "Everybody off!" and trying to break into the conductor's car. 

I cried a lot. When the doctor came out and said Ali was going to be OK and they were all hugging, I was bawling.

I don't really care about Jaya but I love Rakesh so if he's happy, I'm happy. I love his and Miles' friendship. When Rakesh said he wasn't going to say he knew Ali would be OK, that he was more scared than he had ever been, I was really moved by that. It said to me that he was really in it with Miles. Rakesh is a real one.

I hope both Brandon Michael Hall and Joe Morton land somewhere. Joe Morton is 72 and might want to just chill for a while, but I love listening to him talk. 🙂 And Brandon Michael Hall is very charming and I enjoy watching him (he was great in The Mayor too).   He has a gorgeous smile. There are a lot of actors, particularly Black actors, where I think "S/he should be way more famous than s/he is," and I don't want him to be one of them - I want him to blow up. (For a VERY different turn, watch the last two or three episodes of Power - he plays the son in a father/son team of assassins, basically, and his father is played by Cedric the Entertainer).

As a black man I definitely agree with you about black actors and actresses who aren't as famous as they should be. It was great to see a young black male character like Miles who was high in moral character and heroic as the lead and not a supporting or secondary character. People don't understand how rare that is. Brandon Michael Hall was perfect for Miles.

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, mommalib said:

As a black man I definitely agree with you about black actors and actresses who aren't as famous as they should be. It was great to see a young black male character like Miles who was high in moral character and heroic as the lead and not a supporting or secondary character. People don't understand how rare that is. Brandon Michael Hall was perfect for Miles.

If I could like this post 10,000 times I would.  We didn't need to lose a show with a black lead of such high intelligence and moral character.  All the black actors on the show and their characters were exceptional and rare to find on TV and I will miss them dearly.   I wonder what kind of depressing, dystopian, violence filled garbage will replace this.  

• Love 6

I also really appreciated the show's commitment to diversity in their casting; especially since many shows set in highly diverse NYC don't make the effort.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, mommalib said:

Even though we know they ended up together i'm still a little salty that there wasn't a reconciliation scene between Miles and Cara. So much wasted time.  

I am pretty sure they would have loved to bookend Paris with a reconciliation scene in an ultra-romantic NYC setting.  The Pandemic shut evvvvvvverything down with no notice.  

Did Cara go back to Miles because there were no Suggestions coming in no mo, or was it a more robust and complete reunion?  It's probably the 2nd-biggest question hanging out there, for me.

I thought it was a mini-stroke of genius that Rakesh incorporated some GA code in his dating app.  What Rakesh hath brought together shall not go asunder!  

• Love 4
On 4/27/2020 at 11:00 AM, MissLucas said:

Yeah, well it's not as bad as HIMYM - few endings are (looking at you BSG)

What show was BSG?

I loved both episodes; the finale was so good.  

On 4/27/2020 at 2:12 PM, Empress1 said:

Well, we had Miles frantic to get back to Ali before her surgery, and then when he thought he heard something about a gas leak, it added to the urgency.  And Miles being Miles, he couldn't let the cars full of passengers stay behind and be killed/injured in something if he thought he could prevent it.  I've never been to New York, but I totally bought what Miles was trying to do.

• Love 3

Gah, it really should've ended with Finch and the Machine Gang 2.0 stepping from the shadows and inviting Miles, Cara, and Rakesh into the fold.

That crossover/handoff has been stuck in my head since the whole "DARPA" reveal. 

Slightly tangential: My neighbor works for DARPA and has watched the show in pieces. I tease him mercilessly about it and if he's gotten any new friend suggestions.... 

Edited by Ghost Bear

In this time where evil is portrayed as good, where the media force feeds us all the negativity that is occurring in the world, this show was a light in the darkness. I looked forward to knowing that there were writers, producers, networks that took the chance on this show. People are so cynical these days. Where do you see positivity now a days? Sucked that this show was cancelled. Thank you for the two years, wishing it were longer!

• Love 1

The one thing I might have done differently here was, when the God Account was being corrupted, have it actually crash, with Rakesh and Corey unable to fix it. And then, the next day, show it back up and running, like nothing ever happened.

• Love 1

It took two weeks for me to watch the last two episodes. I wasn't ready to let go of the show and I'm still not.

Miracles: I have mix feelings about everyone telling Corey to forgive his father. Yeah, I know forgiveness is a big thing. You know what? There's nothing wrong with not forgiving the parent who abandoned you. I get annoyed TV shows are always making people who where abandoned by a parent forgive them. I don't think him being in the CIA should matter. He still chose to leave. He hasn't done anything to give Corey a reason to forgive. Its nice he went to visit CJ when he was in a coma and he learned his father went to his football game. But he's really done nothing to merit forgiveness. I should have guessed that he was the angel. I kind of wished it had been a real angel. I know that its possible since Alphonse told no one about his health problem. But it was nice Corey gave Miles info for Rakesh to help fix the God Account. I liked learning that Rakesh had "borrowed" some of the code. I suspected he had but didn't realize he used it to build the soulmate app. That made a lot of sense.

The Mountain-I loved and disliked the episode. I know that sounds weird. It was a great ending for the time they had. I loved all the emotional rollercoaster with Ali, learning about her heart problem, and the waiting. I loved Ali picking Trish to be power of attorney and liked and understood Arthur's and Miles's reaction. I did like Arthur telling Ali he understood and as her father he could never let her go. I loved Ali making him make the promise he made when she was ten. They do really good with family scenes. Ali's letter to Miles. Miles on the Mountain. Seeing Miguel. The flashbacks to past friend suggestions. See Rakesh and Cara at the hospital waiting with the family and Emily. I'm glad Rakesh and Jaya are together. I'm glad Ali was okay and that she went onto become a preacher. She'd be awesome at it. I liked that Ali had told her family and the doctor about her heart problem.

Okay now the bad. Nothing about Ali and Emily ending up together? They didn't even mention Emily at all. Cara's mom suddenly moves away? That seemed out of the blue. And now to Cara. I know they didn't know the episode would be the finale. But even if they had before they taped it I'm not sure it would be that different. Cara's had no realization to anything all season long. Miles realized it was dumb to let Cara ago. He at least came to that. Cara never did. Even to the episode she was still on the just be friends train. Yeah I know the hug was suppose to be her realizing something. But she never came off like she was still in love with Miles, tried to hide or pretend she's not or that she was wrong for breaking up with him. That she was wrong for blaming the GA or anything. Nope. Nothing. Not even in the last episode. So what's to keep her from being mad the next time the GA does something she doesn't like. Nothing. Even when Cara and her mom talk about how great the past two years has been together. You'd think that would remind Cara that without the GA it never would have happened. Nope. Cara still only believes as long as good things happen. Not when bad things happened. Cara ends up back with Miles but has done zero growing while Miles has.  

Which brings me to Miles. The show really should have been building to Miles believing again all series long. At this point Miles has seen so much but still has refused to believe. Praying for his sister ends up being what leads him back to believing. Not all of the stuff he's seen in the last two years. All of the people he needed to help. The delay made sense but also put Miles in a position that he has to make the leap of faith. To have faith in God since at that point there's nothing else anyone can do but pray. But all of the people he's helped and things he seen really should have been leading him there. Not to mention how it fixed his relationship with his father.

I'm really going to miss this show. Miles and his friends going around helping people. I'm going to miss the family scenes. Miles and Ali had such a great sibling relationship. Ali and Arthur has a great relationship. I'm going to miss all the characters. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It took two weeks for me to watch the last two episodes. I wasn't ready to let go of the show and I'm still not.

Miracles: I have mix feelings about everyone telling Corey to forgive his father. Yeah, I know forgiveness is a big thing. You know what? There's nothing wrong with not forgiving the parent who abandoned you. I get annoyed TV shows are always making people who where abandoned by a parent forgive them. I don't think him being in the CIA should matter. He still chose to leave. He hasn't done anything to give Corey a reason to forgive. Its nice he went to visit CJ when he was in a coma and he learned his father went to his football game. But he's really done nothing to merit forgiveness. I should have guessed that he was the angel. I kind of wished it had been a real angel. I know that its possible since Alphonse told no one about his health problem. But it was nice Corey gave Miles info for Rakesh to help fix the God Account. I liked learning that Rakesh had "borrowed" some of the code. I suspected he had but didn't realize he used it to build the soulmate app. That made a lot of sense.

The Mountain-I loved and disliked the episode. I know that sounds weird. It was a great ending for the time they had. I loved all the emotional rollercoaster with Ali, learning about her heart problem, and the waiting. I loved Ali picking Trish to be power of attorney and liked and understood Arthur's and Miles's reaction. I did like Arthur telling Ali he understood and as her father he could never let her go. I loved Ali making him make the promise he made when she was ten. They do really good with family scenes. Ali's letter to Miles. Miles on the Mountain. Seeing Miguel. The flashbacks to past friend suggestions. See Rakesh and Cara at the hospital waiting with the family and Emily. I'm glad Rakesh and Jaya are together. I'm glad Ali was okay and that she went onto become a preacher. She'd be awesome at it. I liked that Ali had told her family and the doctor about her heart problem.

Okay now the bad. Nothing about Ali and Emily ending up together? They didn't even mention Emily at all. Cara's mom suddenly moves away? That seemed out of the blue. And now to Cara. I know they didn't know the episode would be the finale. But even if they had before they taped it I'm not sure it would be that different. Cara's had no realization to anything all season long. Miles realized it was dumb to let Cara ago. He at least came to that. Cara never did. Even to the episode she was still on the just be friends train. Yeah I know the hug was suppose to be her realizing something. But she never came off like she was still in love with Miles, tried to hide or pretend she's not or that she was wrong for breaking up with him. That she was wrong for blaming the GA or anything. Nope. Nothing. Not even in the last episode. So what's to keep her from being mad the next time the GA does something she doesn't like. Nothing. Even when Cara and her mom talk about how great the past two years has been together. You'd think that would remind Cara that without the GA it never would have happened. Nope. Cara still only believes as long as good things happen. Not when bad things happened. Cara ends up back with Miles but has done zero growing while Miles has.  

Which brings me to Miles. The show really should have been building to Miles believing again all series long. At this point Miles has seen so much but still has refused to believe. Praying for his sister ends up being what leads him back to believing. Not all of the stuff he's seen in the last two years. All of the people he needed to help. The delay made sense but also put Miles in a position that he has to make the leap of faith. To have faith in God since at that point there's nothing else anyone can do but pray. But all of the people he's helped and things he seen really should have been leading him there. Not to mention how it fixed his relationship with his father.

I'm really going to miss this show. Miles and his friends going around helping people. I'm going to miss the family scenes. Miles and Ali had such a great sibling relationship. Ali and Arthur has a great relationship. I'm going to miss all the characters. 

I loved your post and agree with most if not all of it, but I think that a lot of the things that bugged you (and me) about it were probably things they had intended to cover and resolve in a 3rd season.  After I saw this episode and read the interview with a producer posted above somewhere, I had the impression that they were proceeding as if there was going to be another season or else they never would have gone this far in the 2nd season without covering some of those things and bringing them closer to their resolution.  Someone posted an interview with Brandon Micheal Hall in which he said that the cast didn't even know until two weeks before that interview that the show was cancelled.  I'm wondering if they were promised a 3rd season or at least were given a lot of positive signs that they were going to get one because I doubt they would have left things so unresolved so late in the 2nd season if they didn't.

• Love 2